Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #931
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Congratulations, everyone..you've had some great success..my ns victory was at my Dr. appt. yesterday...I'd lost 4 lbs since last visit..a little over 3 weeks ago..and I'm only on bp meds, but bp is coming down well...I have a very nice Dr, and he gave me a hug and said...You are doing So Well...so..I can't forget to mention that since last week my pain level seems to have gone down quite a bit...when I look back and compare it to one month ago..I'm very pleased..I just watched a Michael Mosley video on PBS where he did the 5:2 fasting and saw his blood work improve a lot...there really seems to be something very helpful about IMF...I am so thankful I found it..it may sound strange sometimes because I don't explain myself well, but I am making the kind of progress that I would have never dreamed possible if I didn't see it for myself..the other thing that has bothered me so much about my health is that I don't want to have to deal with alzheimer's...my mom had it and it's heartbreaking...IMF also holds out a lot of hope for avoiding that dreaded disease for many years...so, it's just my opinion, but..IMF will probably help people avoid a lot of things that we don't want to have to deal with in our later years...losing weight is wonderful, but saving ourselves from heart trouble..cancer, and other things as bad..is worth more than anything to me..I'm going to appreciate this great discovery,.
my grandfather had alzheimer's disease, I am sorry about your mother, i know that must have been very difficult My father always worried he would develop it, he didn't say much about it, but I could tell. He is 76 now, and has had no signs whatsoever of anything like that

Congratulations everyone on your NSVs. And Dawn I can't wait to see picutres, congratulations!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #932
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Thanks,, Sher..and I'm glad your dad probably doesn't have to worry about getting that awful disease....I spent a lot of years, about 15, in eldercare..had my own Alf...so it's something that will always be in my heart, to hope for some kind of a cure, or way to see that disease controlled...I do think we have a real good chance of protecting ourselves from a lot of problems by doing this IMF...all the research you can find shows that people have so many improved numbers, so I am optimistic....oh....I bet you didn't have any of that wonderful coconut cake left, did you...that cake is in my future plans, and I look forward to it..isn't it great that this woe will even let you have some cake?..wow..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #933
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
My jeans are sagging so badly, I need a belt. We have casual Friday's, so I usually wear jeans. Today was not pretty with me hitching up my pants every few steps! Thinking about buying some 529 Levi's (curvy) in a 14...wondering if the price is worth it for a few months of wear. However, I will wear the hell out of them.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-05-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #934
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks,, Sher..and I'm glad your dad probably doesn't have to worry about getting that awful disease....I spent a lot of years, about 15, in eldercare..had my own Alf...so it's something that will always be in my heart, to hope for some kind of a cure, or way to see that disease controlled...I do think we have a real good chance of protecting ourselves from a lot of problems by doing this IMF...all the research you can find shows that people have so many improved numbers, so I am optimistic....oh....I bet you didn't have any of that wonderful coconut cake left, did you...that cake is in my future plans, and I look forward to it..isn't it great that this woe will even let you have some cake?..wow..
My mother has mild dementia. She is 90 yo though. She was fine mentally until about 3 years ago, soon after my father passed away. So, I guess it is mainly due to age. It was shocking at first when she wouldn't remember simple things, or said something that didn't make any sense, but she is happy for the most part, so I am thankful for that. A couple of weeks ago she called me at work and said she was at my house. She was so excited and happy and told me not to worry about cooking dinner because she had already eaten, and not to worry about how the house looked because it looked great to her. Bless her heart, she was in her own room at the nursing home.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
My mother has mild dementia. She is 90 yo though. She was fine mentally until about 3 years ago, soon after my father passed away. So, I guess it is mainly due to age. It was shocking at first when she wouldn't remember simple things, or said something that didn't make any sense, but she is happy for the most part, so I am thankful for that. A couple of weeks ago she called me at work and said she was at my house. She was so excited and happy and told me not to worry about cooking dinner because she had already eaten, and not to worry about how the house looked because it looked great to her. Bless her heart, she was in her own room at the nursing home.
That is sad Cindy, that was such a sweet thing she said to you. I am very scared about seeing my parents getting older, they are the world to me. That is good she is happy most of the time..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #936
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I will link the recipe here in a little bit so you can have it when you want it! I want your broccoli casserole recipe, I couldn't find the thread where you mentioned it again so I could tell you, yes! I would love to trade recipes!

I worked in SNF and ALF for years, and I learned so so much from my elderly patients. Some on them made such an impression on me! One of the ladies, Bertie was 96, she was amazing. She had broken her hip because she fell while she was mowing her lawn! She was upset because after her hip surgery, she had a few wrinkles on her legs that had never been there before. Lol
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #937
Big Yapper!!!!

Isn't it a little strange how vain people continue to be even in very old age? My mom is still upset about gaining some weight because she is confined to a wheelchair. She was always slim (117-124 after 7 children!), and now she's probably 10 lbs heavier than her highest weight.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #938
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maddiemod
Stats: 154/137/110 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD/BEAD
Start Date: July 2012
Sorry to threadjack but for anyone worried about alzheimer's or parkinson's disease, coconut oil is supposed to help and may even reverse the progression of these diseases.
Quote:
Here's how it appears the coconut oil works. In patients with Alzheimer's, insulin resistance prevents their brain cells from accepting glucose, their primary fuel. Without it, the cells die.

But there is an alternate fuel known as ketones, which cells easily accept. Ketones are metabolized in the liver after eating coconut oil.
Insulin resistance doesn't just affect people with Alzheimer's but also folks with dementia, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, Parkinson's, ALS, even autism.

So can coconut oil help these people, too? It appears so, at least some of them.
http://http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/he...-coconut-oil-/

Just do a search of the disease and coconut oil and there's a lot of information out there now about this...

Last edited by maddiemod; 04-05-2013 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: add info
Old 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #939
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
My jeans are sagging so badly, I need a belt. We have casual Friday's, so I usually wear jeans. Today was not pretty with me hitching up my pants every few steps! Thinking about buying some 529 Levi's (curvy) in a 14...wondering if the price is worth it for a few months of wear. However, I will wear the hell out of them.
This NSV = Awesome!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #940
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Another couple NSVs today!

I bought another pair of size 8 jeans in a different brand, and they fit great for the first little bit, but are actually a little baggy now that I've had them on all day. That's 8L in both Levi's and Vanderbilt now, so I guess it's not a fluke! DH wants me to go back and try on size 6, but I'm askeered!

Then, we were at a party this afternoon, and I skipped the pizza and loaded up on salad because I knew I'd be having cake, etc. from the dessert table. When I sat down with my salad, a woman I just met commented that I should eat some pizza and "put some meat on those bones!" I thought that was hilarious!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #941

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
If only they knew hey? Go try the 6s, we want that for you so much Dawn.

I had a sort of NSV yesterday afternoon. I was sitting in the cold sunshine, (we have had an unusually bitter Spring and it was so great to feel the sun) enjoying a cup of tea and a slice of lemon polenta cake. It struck me that my life has been truly improved since I started JUDDDing.

For so long I had sat in the same cafe while DH enjoyed some simple carb treat and resisted, more than 10 years in fact. It didn't spoil my life of make me actively unhappy but it wasn't always easy.

Now I order a treat if I fancy it, not always and never on an UD of course. But I sat there and realised what freedom I have now. JUDDD truly has improve the quality of my life and health.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #942

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cindy, the freedom is the ultimate NSV that seems to come only with JUDDD. That's awesome!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #943
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, that is great. Don't be askeeeered. Oh and I'm sure you had quite the look on your face when that woman was talking to you. :-)

Cindy, the freedom you're feeling now is a huge NSV. Congrats!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #944
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Ok - I was craving chocolate today on my UD but didn't want to blow my calories for the day. I was able to take out and STOP with 6 dark chocolate Robin's eggs. Love them and they only have them around Easter. 15 cals each. 90 cal snack.. That's right. 90 cals of chocolate, not 900. Who would have thought?
Control over chocolate= NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
Im a solid 16. Down from a snug 18 after 6 weeks of JUDDDing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Congratulations everyone on your smaller sizes!!
I have 2, kinda related.
I had yet another CE last night, again on a bloody DD! I wear the same outfit for my CEs, because its easy and its been fun watching me shrink in the same outfit. The pants are buttonable without any effort, I can actually button the shirt the entire way up instead of just wearing it over a tank (although I still wear the tank under it).
For yesterday's DD I fasted all day and figured I'd be picky about what I ate at dinner. It ended up being a buffet which made it easier to stick with a plain salad, veggies, only a small piece of beef and some fish, no dessert. I was pretty pleased that the dinner meeting didn't derail my DD. And I was rewarded with a nice whoosh this morning (which technically is no longer an NSV but it validates the NSV)!
Yay for shrinking

Quote:
Congratulations, everyone..you've had some great success..my ns victory was at my Dr. appt. yesterday...I'd lost 4 lbs since last visit..a little over 3 weeks ago..and I'm only on bp meds, but bp is coming down well...,.
Better health= NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
:
today, I'm just happy to be wearing control-top leggings (from costco) that came in XL only. When I first bought them, I was like b/c they did NOT fit, I thought I couldn't breathe if I ever wore them.

Then, they got better, woo. Today? I was like, slip them right on, and oh? are these control top? huh, hardly notice, just feel like these are, you know, leggings.
Love that feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Buy them!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I bought another pair of size 8 jeans in a different brand, and they fit great for the first little bit, but are actually a little baggy now that I've had them on all day. That's 8L in both Levi's and Vanderbilt now, so I guess it's not a fluke! DH wants me to go back and try on size 6, but I'm askeered!

Then, we were at a party this afternoon, and I skipped the pizza and loaded up on salad because I knew I'd be having cake, etc. from the dessert table. When I sat down with my salad, a woman I just met commented that I should eat some pizza and "put some meat on those bones!" I thought that was hilarious!
If they only knew... try the 6s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I had a sort of NSV yesterday afternoon. I was sitting in the cold sunshine, (we have had an unusually bitter Spring and it was so great to feel the sun) enjoying a cup of tea and a slice of lemon polenta cake. It struck me that my life has been truly improved since I started JUDDDing.

For so long I had sat in the same cafe while DH enjoyed some simple carb treat and resisted, more than 10 years in fact. It didn't spoil my life of make me actively unhappy but it wasn't always easy.

Now I order a treat if I fancy it, not always and never on an UD of course. But I sat there and realised what freedom I have now. JUDDD truly has improve the quality of my life and health.
JUDDD= freedom.
Truly- plain and simple!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #945

I made a lot of typos there, lol, meant never on DD of course.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
I am wearing a 1x instead of a tight 2x in shirts, and have gone down a size 1/2 or so in jeans

Here are some pics of my progress. I was kind of shocked to see the 'before' ..what a difference 34# makes! I know the first is hard to compare to, but i'll get different camping pictures this year, then we can all see!

Thanks for your encouragement and joy when I feel joy! It's such a wonderful gift from my JBs!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40011_1384327694437_1943206_nbefore.jpg (81.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-31_07-40-26_216.jpg (22.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #947
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Deb, you look great! KUTGW!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #948

What a change, 1 x is a victory for sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Deb, you look FABULOUS sweetie! So happy for you!!!

Congrats to everyone on the marvelous NSVs! You all are amazing!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #950
Major LCF Poster!

Looking great Deb!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #951
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Dawn, how awesome to be going to try on size 6! A perfect size 6. Kissa., I love that we have found this wonderful secret called juddd!
Proud of you Deb!! Kutgw
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I will link the recipe here in a little bit so you can have it when you want it! I want your broccoli casserole recipe, I couldn't find the thread where you mentioned it again so I could tell you, yes! I would love to trade recipes!

I worked in SNF and ALF for years, and I learned so so much from my elderly patients. Some on them made such an impression on me! One of the ladies, Bertie was 96, she was amazing. She had broken her hip because she fell while she was mowing her lawn! She was upset because after her hip surgery, she had a few wrinkles on her legs that had never been there before. Lol
Here's the coconut cake recipe
1 basic yellow cake mix
1 (16 oz.) sour cream
1c. sugar
3 c. coconut
1 lg. whipped topping
Bake cake according to directions on box in 2 round cake pans. Cut each cake into 2 layers making a total of 4 layers(you can use dental floss to do this). Cool. Mix sour cream, sugar, and 1.5 cup coconut together and divide into 2 equal parts. Use 1/2 of this mixture as filling between layers. Add the rest of the coconut and the whipped topping to the other half of the mixture and use as icing on top and sides of cake. And then refrigerate for 48 hours.

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 04-07-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #953
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
That cake recipe sounds wonderful. Is the coconut sweetened?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Ooooh! I just had a NSV!

I present at this work conference every year... this year, I'm also doing 2 days of pre-conference training, as part of the Training team. Looks like they are considering ordering team polo/collared style t-shirts.

The organizer wanted to know what size we'd wear

normally, I'd order a 2x and hope it wasn't tight (these are supposedly "unisex", or maybe even a 3x b/c I hate to be uncomfortable.

Today, I answered her with 2x... because I'm confident that no matter how it's made, it will fit! It'll probably be a bit big even

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
YAY Soren! I'm sure it will be big!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #956

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Today, I'm just happy to be wearing control-top leggings (from costco) that came in XL only. When I first bought them, I was like b/c they did NOT fit, I thought I couldn't breathe if I ever wore them.

Then, they got better, woo. Today? I was like, slip them right on, and oh? are these control top? huh, hardly notice, just feel like these are, you know, leggings.
Yeah! Slip 'em right on! Woohoo!

Quote:
Oh Cindy, I have those Levis 529 size 14s hanging in my closet right now, cheering me on, egging me on, tantalizing me (some days taunting and terrorizing me). It'll be awhile for me, but I can't wait. I say, get them, and feel great knowing how great you look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Another couple NSVs today!

No be askeered! Get those 6s on and strut! What a wonderful thing to have that woman tell you that. Yes indeed, if she only knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

That's a beautiful thing Cindy. Enjoying life. Without guilt. Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
I am wearing a 1x instead of a tight 2x in shirts, and have gone down a size 1/2 or so in jeans

Here are some pics of my progress. I was kind of shocked to see the 'before' ..what a difference 34# makes! I know the first is hard to compare to, but i'll get different camping pictures this year, then we can all see!

Thanks for your encouragement and joy when I feel joy! It's such a wonderful gift from my JBs!!
You look wonderful Deb! What a difference! Smaller sizes are so much fun!

Quote:
Ooooh! I just had a NSV!

I present at this work conference every year... this year, I'm also doing 2 days of pre-conference training, as part of the Training team. Looks like they are considering ordering team polo/collared style t-shirts.

The organizer wanted to know what size we'd wear

normally, I'd order a 2x and hope it wasn't tight (these are supposedly "unisex", or maybe even a 3x b/c I hate to be uncomfortable.

Today, I answered her with 2x... because I'm confident that no matter how it's made, it will fit! It'll probably be a bit big even

S.
Yesss! I love this. I've had similar challenges with work. Oh, let's get t-shirts! Oh, let's all wear matching oxford shirts! Not so easy when 3x barely fits, or they get men's cut which wouldn't even have a chance around my hips! Next year, you'll be telling her L or M!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #957

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I just realized that some more of my clothes are WAAYYYYY too big on me, and I'm going to have to donate them! A bunch of casual knit capris are in danger of falling down , and a shirt I really, really love, which fit nicely a couple of weeks ago, is now loose. I'm going to keep wearing it, because it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't show my losses as well as some newer tops that fit a little closer. Wow, I just can't believe I'm getting this much smaller. My head needs to catch up!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #958
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Congratulations on all of the shrinking JUDDD'ers. Isn't it wonderful to be going down down down in sizes? I haven't lost pounds but the size 8 pants and top I wore yesterday was getting a tad loose. Especially the top. It kind of just hung there. So I am waiting for another drop on the scale soon since that usually follows.
I am wearing size 6 jeans so it stands to reason all of my closets full of 8's are going to be getting too large. I went hog wild years ago when I lost a bunch of weight and bought a very large wardrobe that I will never get around to wearing but I am trying. Something different most everyday except for a few favorite things before they are too big to wear and must go.
My smallest knit summer pullover is too big. I wore it last Saturday anyway and I have to put it away. I will have to pick up a few of those for summer regardless.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
We should have a sewing 101 webinar for all the JUDDers who need to "take in" their too big favorite clothing!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #960
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
I had an NSV today that really made me smile. I met a client (who is also a friend) and we said our hellos, then he hugged me, and then he exclaimed, "YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!!!" Not the wishy washy "Have you been losing weight?" question. It was really nice to be able to answer back, "Yes, thank you, I have!".

Kimmie
Closed Thread