Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Those donuts were probably stale anyway! The last one i had was so blehhhh I didn't even finish it. That got rid of my donut cravings lol Also, I pictured the GROSSSSSS guy at work putting his hands all over the cake on the table (he just happened to be standing near the cake almost all day) so that will kill my appetite any day!
Since I stopped eating sugar and grains and tried to eat a very healthy diet, how preprepared cooked food smells has changed for me. Every work day, I walk past places that sell pizza and doughnuts. They used to smell delicious and tempting to me, but now they smell a bit rancid and sickly sweet to me, so they've gotten easy to resist.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes, I would really enjoy that and I think I would totally benefit from it as would my closets!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I looooooove these!

I had a Groupon for a wardrobe consultant who came over today. Lots of nsvs:
1 i had a girlfriend over to keep me company, and got changed in front of her, and wasn't embarrassed (she's a bit heavy too, which helps)
2 i got rid of things that were too big or make me look big. The stuff he liked best was form fitting. Might even take in some sleeves and pant legs, bc too wide is bad.
3 ankle boots with zips, fit! But are very square toe, dated. Buh bye.
4 little bolero jacket? Fits and looks cute! Actually, all my blazers fit!

Many comments were like, you'll get a few more months, but that will then be too big.

So happy I did this, might do it again at goal!

Oh, apparently, any pilling on clothes is a no no, so get a shirt shaver (i have one, just didn't realize the rampant issue!)
Having a wardrobe consult and getting changed and dressed in front of other people actually being a GOOD experience? Now that's a major NSV! How cool that an expert thinks that you look best in the form fitting items!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/173.6/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
I looooooove these!

1 i had a girlfriend over to keep me company, and got changed in front of her, and wasn't embarrassed (she's a bit heavy too, which helps)
2 i got rid of things that were too big or make me look big. The stuff he liked best was form fitting. Might even take in some sleeves and pant legs, bc too wide is bad.

Many comments were like, you'll get a few more months, but that will then be too big.

Oh, apparently, any pilling on clothes is a no no, so get a shirt shaver (i have one, just didn't realize the rampant issue!)
OMG!! What a huge NSV!!! I don't think a consultant would get a big thrill out of going thru my closet full of jeans & t shirts! lol!! But, I no longer work outside the home......so, jeans are the dress for today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Ladies those are great NSVs!

I had a strange one on Thursday. I have zero thigh rub and almost tripped myself due to not realizing that. I'm used to my thighs rubbing when I walk so I guess I had my legs and feet too close. I had 5 inch heels on and almost tripped over my feet, because I have to adjust to the fact that my inner thighs do not touch anymore unless I squeeze my legs together!
Carly, I've always had a 'thing' for shoes. period. The last time I wore stiletto's was 21 years ago at my 25th high school reunion!! I've had a lot of foot surgeries so a comfortable shoe is all I can manage now. I bet you look adorable in stiletto's with your tiny self!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Since I stopped eating sugar and grains and tried to eat a very healthy diet, how preprepared cooked food smells has changed for me. Every work day, I walk past places that sell pizza and doughnuts. They used to smell delicious and tempting to me, but now they smell a bit rancid and sickly sweet to me, so they've gotten easy to resist.
I will be so glad when I reach this stage!! Too many things still smell waaaay too good to me!! But, I have learned to resist!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm realizing my taste buds have changed, too. I use to live for iced coffee with a whole lot of half and half. Now it seems I never really enjoy it. I'm sure I could still suck down an iced latte from Starbucks, but that is a rarity due to the calorie expenditure- not to mention the cash expenditure (better spent on shoes )
Old 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Ditto

A Nsv: sticking to our WOE also leads to sticking to our budget. We notice a direct correlation.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I had a really interesting conversation with a colleague recently who unfortunately is struggling with an adult child and a drug addiction. Apparently when addicts get clean it is very common for them to take on a compensating vice - like spending too much money or gambling or something else to help them "balance". I relayed that I found myself rewarding myself with clothes and other non-food expenditures when I am dieting so I don't feel deprived and this colleague claimed that this is a very well known and common phenomenon with dieters that is discussed in addiction counseling to help explain and prepare caregivers to watch. So, no - I am definitely not helping my budget when I watch calories because I tend to spend more on myself in other ways. Anyone else?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes and no, TJ... overall, I agree though. (so, that makes no sense, eh?, lol )

I like non-food rewards, b/c we're trying to break the food habit. So, mani/pedi, new clothes (also, those are needed), tea (!), bath accessories, jewelery, indulging a hobby (mine is making jewelery, but I'm sure others are like scrapbooking, etc)... So, we're spending, and we're directing our time/energy elsewhere.
A lot of people get into working out, hopefully not obsessively...

However, I'm saving money, b/c by "dieting", and especially on JUDDD where we really only eat EOD, I'm not eating out as much, so I'm saving quite a bit there. Also on the grocery bill-- veggies for soup cost less than having protein in huge amounts every day (and cheese, omg, so expensive).

I do know that with other addictions, they go to another one... I think I've read about gastro bypass folks going for either gambling, or alcohol (could be mistaken...). I think alcohol and food are linked, b/c the body sees alcohol as a carb, so if you're an undiagnosed diabetic, I've heard there can be a link there.

so, you see what I mean-- for me, myself, personally, I actually don't really spend more, and I think I do in fact save a little, but I am also aware of transferring any compulsive or addictive behavior-- and once you're aware, that's quite a bit of the battle (if there is one).

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

I spend more on groceries now because I eat better food. If I'm not going to eat very much, and if I am going to rule out large food groups (e.g., grains, sweeteners, root vegetables, fruit, processed foods), what I eat is gonna be good! So I let myself buy lots of flavored tea, salmon roe and smoked salmoon, triple cream imported cheeses, macademia nuts, free-range duck eggs, grass fed meat and butter, organic cream, etc. I'm sure that it's also a lot healthier than if I ate Subway sandwiches and sugary yogurts, etc. too, and it gives me a lot more pleasure. And I'm not going into debt due to my grocery bills.

Potato hacking is, however, very, very cheap. But not nearly as tasty.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #610
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Was in a hurry yesterday to leave the house, so got dressed rather quickly....grabbed a pair of panties and didn't realize until I got back home, I had put on a pair of the size 8 that I had bought for goal. And they fit beautifully... Now my size 10's (new and in the wrappers are definitely going to the women's shelter...out of my life forever.

I love these NSV's, somehow they're so much better than losing a pound or so.
So great Mary!

Quote:
I looooooove these!

That sounds like it was so much fun, and really helpful. I need to do that too! Great feedback, Soren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Ladies those are great NSVs!

I had a strange one on Thursday. I have zero thigh rub and almost tripped myself due to not realizing that. I'm used to my thighs rubbing when I walk so I guess I had my legs and feet too close. I had 5 inch heels on and almost tripped over my feet, because I have to adjust to the fact that my inner thighs do not touch anymore unless I squeeze my legs together!
Zero thigh rub! Carly! I don't think I've had that since I was about 10 years old. WTG!

Quote:
Svenska, that's wonderful! I don't think I'll ever get to that point. Everything I always loved still smells good to me!

So mine today is, I realized putting my makeup on this morning that I now have a jawline. One that shows, I mean. It's still got some fluff on there, but there's some definition too. Can my face be slimming down that much? I've had comments that my face is looking slimmer, so hopefully so. Also, hopefully I won't have to deal with that gaunt, drawn thing any time soon.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
So mine today is, I realized putting my makeup on this morning that I now have a jawline. One that shows, I mean. It's still got some fluff on there, but there's some definition too. Can my face be slimming down that much? I've had comments that my face is looking slimmer, so hopefully so. Also, hopefully I won't have to deal with that gaunt, drawn thing any time soon.
WOOOOOO HOOO!!! Love this one! There's nothing that says (to other people) I'm losing weight like showing it in the face! <insert model face icon here>

I think the gaunt/drawn thing eventually balances out? From what I've heard, b/c I've never had that *problem* myself

WTG!!!

(ps: I've had caffeine... beware rampant posting through the night)
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So great Mary!

Zero thigh rub! Carly! I don't think I've had that since I was about 10 years old. WTG!

I actually have a space between my thighs when my knees are pressed together- this I don't understand- no wonder I nearly tripped trying to have my thighs rub!!!!

LCG that is a fabulous NSV!!! The weight loss in the face is just as reliable as "the pants don't lie!"
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
I spend more on groceries now because I eat better food. If I'm not going to eat very much, and if I am going to rule out large food groups (e.g., grains, sweeteners, root vegetables, fruit, processed foods), what I eat is gonna be good! So I let myself buy lots of flavored tea, salmon roe and smoked salmoon, triple cream imported cheeses, macademia nuts, free-range duck eggs, grass fed meat and butter, organic cream, etc. I'm sure that it's also a lot healthier than if I ate Subway sandwiches and sugary yogurts, etc. too, and it gives me a lot more pleasure. And I'm not going into debt due to my grocery bills.

Potato hacking is, however, very, very cheap. But not nearly as tasty.
Sven, we just had a natural grocers open up close to my house. I am so excited because I can buy grass fed beef, butter, free-range eggs, and whatever else might be there. I have never in my life thought this way about food, but I think some of the stuff I have been eating for my whole life has been so bad for me, and now for my family.
Quote:

That is AWESOME! Now you are going to start looking more like you again! This is great news LCG!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #614
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I wore a pair of stretch/flair ribbed black pants today that I got from Family Dollar! I also had on a blouse I got from Walmart on clearance with a white lace tank, and black boots (that cost more than the whole outfit LOL) with 3.5 in. heels. I got so many compliments and everyone was talking about how "skinny" I'm getting.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
WTG LG, that's wonderful that so many people are noticing and complementing!!!

LCG, a noticable jawline? What's that? How awesome! WOOHOOOO!!!!

Carly, I cannot imagine spaces between legs. WOW! Pretty cool there woman, pretty cool!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
I think having to buy new clothes due to weightloss is somewhat of a necessity, but can be a reward at the same time. Otherwise, you'll have to be content with baggy clothing.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I wore a pair of stretch/flair ribbed black pants today that I got from Family Dollar! I also had on a blouse I got from Walmart on clearance with a white lace tank, and black boots (that cost more than the whole outfit LOL) with 3.5 in. heels. I got so many compliments and everyone was talking about how "skinny" I'm getting.
Yay for you!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
I unfortunately, or fortunately, have a clothing store in my closet. meaning the sizes range from 6's to 14. I have gotten rid of the 14 and working on losing the 12's. when I hit the size 10 pile of jeans, I will hit a mental goal....and hopefully it will be all down hill from there.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #619
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I made a promise to myself that I would not pay full price for any clothing until I get to goal. Therefore, I have no problem with thrift store clothes, and I'm actually surprised at how "nice" they are, lol. I certainly won't mind growing out of them and "losing" the money spent! Whoops not growing out of them, but them growing out of me!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-05-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Things are starting to fit...

Like the rest of you rock stars I've got some stuff stashed away in my closet from my "better days" - most of it is actually my riding clothes.
(Sidenote: I actually DON'T have the big pile of "skinny clothes". I did before I got pregnant. When I got pregnant I looked at the stack of pants ranging from size 6-10 and said "Who are we kidding? I'm going to spend the next 7 months getting fatter - off to the donation bin they go!" The point being that my riding clothes that are too bloody expensive are the only remnants of my skinny days I have by which to judge progress in the clothing department.)
Today, for grins, I tried on my black wool coat that is my goal for Sher's April 5th challenge. Still can't button it but the sleeves are looser and the buttons are getting closer. Like, 2" gap instead of the 4-5" gap. Progress!
Then I pulled out a pair of burgundy breeches (what was I thinking when I bought those? Ick!) that I could not pull up before. They're up now, but not able to fasten. Okay, still progress.
Then I tried on my most favorite hunt coat - its a lovely dark gray with faint lavender and blue pin-striping and a beautiful lavender silk lining. The last time I wore it was the beginning of June 2009, and I fell off my horse going over a jump, landed on my head, got a gnarly concussion, lost a button on the coat but continued to ride anyway (not a good choice). Anyway, for the first time since that show, I'm able to button the coat! Still missing a button but once that's replaced, its pretty close to wearable in public!
And the coat I'm wearing in my avi pic? Right on the border of being too loose. And what you can't see from the pic (which is why I like this pic) is that it was actually too tight, and so graciously hugged and outlined each. and. every. fat. roll. Not anymore!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Yennie, you look absolutely adorable in that picture
Library girl, I bet you looked great in that outfit, it sounds cute!

Yesterday, my boss, who has been out of the office for 3 weeks, came in and took off his sunglasses and looked at me and said, you changed your hair color, I said no, then he said you got a new hairstyle, I said no, then he said, you got a new shirt, and I said no lol. So then he goes, you've been losing weight, good for you, congratulations
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You gals are rocking it !!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Awesome NSV's!
So nice to see those of you, who've been battling with the scales, find great results elsewhere.
The pants (and jackets!) definitely don't lie.
Here's to re-discovering our wardrobes!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yennie, that's awesome you're seeing such great progress with your riding clothes!

Tex, bet that felt fabulous!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy - that outfit does sound really cute, and compliments to boot. I'm with you on not paying full price until goal size. I've been scoping out Goodwill and found a few things. I just ordered a bunch of casual pants that were on sale for a great price. They may be a bit snug now, but soon they won't be, and I won't have sunk a bunch of money into them!

Jen - great news getting into your old stuff!

Sher - more compliments and people noticing! So great!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

so, I know I had an entry yesterday. But this morning I had an epiphany. I have been participating in this WOE for 7 and a half weeks. I have been successful in that I have stuck to it. This is the first time I have ever done this, in my life. Yes, I have dieted before but either I only stuck to it for a few days(yes, only a few days!), or my dieting was extremely unhealthy. This is also the first time I am losing weight and trying to better myself for ME. In the past it was always a vacation coming up, or I wanted to look better for my significant other(embarrassing, but true) This is a victory for me, I believe in myself more, I am exhibiting self control. I actually feel proud of myself, for maybe the first time in a long long time.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
No thigh rub....wow Carly, how cool is that? I have had it for so long I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to not live in fear that you're going to set your panty hose on fire.

Kimmie
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Here's an odd NSV. My sleeves are getting long! I wore a jacket yesterday and a fleece pullover today and the sleeves come halfway down over my hands! I must be losing across my shoulders....yay!

Lori
Old 03-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori-- also in your upper arms (bicep/tricep area)... any loss would let the sleeve hang down lower Are your pants getting longer too? mine are, a bit

Woo hoo!!!! WTG Sher for sticking with it!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #630
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
so, I know I had an entry yesterday. But this morning I had an epiphany. I have been participating in this WOE for 7 and a half weeks. I have been successful in that I have stuck to it. This is the first time I have ever done this, in my life. Yes, I have dieted before but either I only stuck to it for a few days(yes, only a few days!), or my dieting was extremely unhealthy. This is also the first time I am losing weight and trying to better myself for ME. In the past it was always a vacation coming up, or I wanted to look better for my significant other(embarrassing, but true) This is a victory for me, I believe in myself more, I am exhibiting self control. I actually feel proud of myself, for maybe the first time in a long long time.
Oh Sher, that is wonderful! Proud of yourself - great, and I am proud of you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Here's an odd NSV. My sleeves are getting long! I wore a jacket yesterday and a fleece pullover today and the sleeves come halfway down over my hands! I must be losing across my shoulders....yay!

Lori
Hey, yeah! I've noticed that too, and also that the collars of my shirts seem huge now and hang down over my shoulder like "Flash Dance". WTG!
Closed Thread