Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131.8/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Great news, Zib and Kismet! That's really a dramatic improvement, Zib, and I'm hoping my blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels are down at my next biometric assessment. I can do one, under my insurance plan, multiple times per year, so I'm planning my next one for 6 months into JUDDD, which would be sometime after April 25.

Good for you for avoiding food and not overeating at two events in one day, Kismet. It seems odd that a TOPS party would have food, since I would think the organization wouldn't necessarily want to encourage people to eat desserts as a way to socialize--but I've never participated in the organization, so what do I know? Congratulations on the great compliment, too.
TOPS only allows 2 "food" events a year for the group so they do limit it somewhat. We had a summer bbq and the holiday party was the 2nd event where there was food. Not so bad. Could be worse like those WW meetings where they try to get you to buy their bars and snacks every week and people eating them in front of you LOL (I don't know if this is normal for WW but it is one of the reasons I quit!!).

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Congrats to us all on having to continue NSV's on a second thread...just keep 'em coming as they so increase our ability to stay with this plan.

Went back to the first thread and found this posted by Lumina

"My first NSV that I can vividly point as being a NSV - this morning I got breakfast at work, on my UD. The cook that's normally there wasn't today but I ordered my usual. It didn't taste right. It wasn't bad, just.. Not what I wanted. Normally I would have eaten it anyway and continued to be unsatisfied. Instead I decided not to waste the calories."

Just wanted to comment that isn't it great that with this woe, we are aware of what we're eating and can choose those most helpful to us. WTG, Lumina (I think that's the name)

And, yes, I've not met a nutritionist that would even consider a low carb lifestyle...thank goodness, my cardiologist is on board...when I think about it, I guess I'm lucky. My primary, cardiologist, endocrinologist, and ortho docs all encourage low carbing and will listen to me about cycling on JUDDD. May you all find healthcare providers who accept this lifestyle.

Keep the NSV's coming...I read 'em all and am encouraged to maintain this lifestyle even tho' I'm marching in place on this path for now.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 12-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Zib and Kismet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

I love hearing everyone's stories!

I have to add...I have a few shirts in my closet that I really like but have not been able to wear. When I used to try them it looked like I not only had a muffin top but actually a busted can of biscuits LOL Now, I can wear them!! They don't look perfect but my hubby keeps asking me if I got new clothes...NOPE! I get to shop in my own closet now. All the clothes that didn't fit before hahahha
Old 12-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
First time in 8 years since I have been trying to lose weight that I am not stressed about the holiday season. -- I am actually excited to feast on Christmas!!!! (before I would be so stressed out on how I would be able to restrict etc etc.)

As well, first time ever in my life I have not gained any weight during the month of December!

I LOVE JUDDD!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Thanks again for everybody on this thread. Love the daily inspiration.

This one may be long. Please skip it if it isn't your thing. and it's more a gratitude thing than a victory.

I'm really grateful for the change in imagery that's occurred over this time with JUDDD, and for me, the imagery is everything.

When I started JUDDD, the images all had to do with wins and losses, and struggling to overcome, and trying to climb ropes (gym class, grade four) with weeny arm muscles, and pushing boulders up hills, and achievement, and please, god, let it work this time. I want slim but I hate feeling deprived. Good days happy, "bad" days unhappy. Will I make it, can I sustain it, etc.
It was stormy and exhausting. I took breaks from rotations in order to rest up for the next round.

This morning, heading into a DD, I thought ahhhhhhh, yayyyyyyyyy.
These days, rotations feel like rocking back and forth in a favourite chair, or being rocked back and forth in the comfort of someone's arms. It's also like the rocking up and down I feel, and LOVE, in my kayak. It's like inhaling and exhaling. Good days happy, "bad" days happy. These days, for the most part (I still freak,occasionally), the JUDDD rotations are the happy norm, rather than something I have to work at.

Sometimes, when we say to the newbies, hang tight, it gets a lot easier, I wonder if we mean that soon your mind will see all of this differently, and that'll make this not only easier, but also comforting and peaceful and sustaining. It's a gorgeous thing to have your mind on your side.

Reason 1289 to be thankful for JUDDD and for this community.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post

This one may be long. Please skip it if it isn't your thing. and it's more a gratitude thing than a victory.

I'm really grateful for the change in imagery that's occurred over this time with JUDDD, and for me, the imagery is everything.

When I started JUDDD, the images all had to do with wins and losses, and struggling to overcome, and trying to climb ropes (gym class, grade four) with weeny arm muscles, and pushing boulders up hills, and achievement, and please, god, let it work this time. I want slim but I hate feeling deprived. Good days happy, "bad" days unhappy. Will I make it, can I sustain it, etc.
It was stormy and exhausting. I took breaks from rotations in order to rest up for the next round.

These days, rotations feel like rocking back and forth in a favourite chair, or being rocked back and forth in the comfort of someone's arms. It's also like the rocking up and down I feel, and LOVE, in my kayak. It's like inhaling and exhaling. Good days happy, "bad" days happy. These days, for the most part (I still freak,occasionally), the JUDDD rotations are the happy norm, rather than something I have to work at.

Sometimes, when we say to the newbies, hang tight, it gets a lot easier, I wonder if we mean that soon your mind will see all of this differently, and that'll make this not only easier, but also comforting and peaceful and sustaining. It's a gorgeous thing to have your mind on your side.

You said a mouthful, Kristen!! I couldn't have said it any better!!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
First time in 8 years since I have been trying to lose weight that I am not stressed about the holiday season. -- I am actually excited to feast on Christmas!!!! (before I would be so stressed out on how I would be able to restrict etc etc.)

As well, first time ever in my life I have not gained any weight during the month of December!

I LOVE JUDDD!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

So happy for you Joyjoy!!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Zib, fantastic news about your bloodwork! That's such a significant victory, and every bit as important as the scale number we're all chasing. WTG!

Kismet, passing up goodies at a party is always a major accomplishment, and you did spectacularly at 2 in one day! WTG! And that compliment, get ready to hear a whole bunch more!

Kristin, your post really struck a nerve. You're right, it's not just our bodies that are changing, it's our mindsets, our confidence, our inner peace. What an amazing thing to have found, and had the guts (all of us) to try!

I've been hemming and hawing over getting rid of some bigger clothes. So I've been intermittantly sifting through my dresser drawers and closet, and I came across a fleece jacket in size L that I thought was far in my future. Tried it on. I can button it, but it's snug, but it actually did go around me, and just a few more pounds and I'm sure it'll fit. I'll be wearing it before the cold weather leaves us! Coming from 3X, I'm so happy! I'll be doing more closet searching after the holidays!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
That was beautiful JoyJoy and I wish I could find that peace. I think I actually could if the dang scale would just move I would be so happy to continue this WOE. Without losing weight it kind of loses it's charm (sigh).

My NSV is that today I jogged 3 miles. I also walked another mile - half in front and half at back to warm up and cool down but I did 3 miles jogging without stopping. I didn't break any land speed records but kept a nice sustained pace that felt comfortable. I don't know if it is JUDDD that has helped me reach this milestone but I am happy to be here and see how far I can push my physical fitness.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

TJ, all I can say is.........IMPRESSED!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
That was beautiful JoyJoy and I wish I could find that peace. I think I actually could if the dang scale would just move I would be so happy to continue this WOE. Without losing weight it kind of loses it's charm (sigh).

My NSV is that today I jogged 3 miles. I also walked another mile - half in front and half at back to warm up and cool down but I did 3 miles jogging without stopping. I didn't break any land speed records but kept a nice sustained pace that felt comfortable. I don't know if it is JUDDD that has helped me reach this milestone but I am happy to be here and see how far I can push my physical fitness.
Looks like you've lost 3 pounds this month. I think that's GREAT for the holiday season. I know it's been rough the last couple months and I hope it gets better/easier in the new year.

Awesome for the 3 miles. I'm lucky if I can jog 3 minutes!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Congrats on the running. I'm envious.
Trying, I wonder about divinemsm's JUDDD variation. Did you see that one??
Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

No - I didn't see that. I will search for it now though- thanks. Clearly I need a tweak of some sort. While it looks like I have lost 3 pounds this month I have really just been bouncing in the same 4 pound range since early September. I haven't seen a new low in 12 weeks of dieting and exercising. Not perfectly mind you but I should be losing at my size. I had great success in September (lost 10'pounds) doing exactly what I am doing now. The only difference I can see is for whatever reason I had a handful of MDs thrown in. Got me to wonder if my body likes those? Doing a MD today and crossing my fingers for a much overdue new low tomorrow. And now to search....

Thanks everyone for listening to my whining. I even hate how I sound to myself but need to vent to my JBs sometimes and always need to tap into their wisdom.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

You're not whining at all TJ! It's understandable to be so frustrated when you're working so hard. I think you probably do need some tweaking, and maybe after the first of the year is the time to figure all that out. It's going to happen for you, I just know it!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trying, it also occurs to me that Nancy (gotsomeold) might be a great resource. She's been through stalls created by doing the same thing that worked for months. (It's as though some of our bodies need one system for a while and something altogether different when that first system has achieved what it can.) I've admired her ability to experiment and not give up or even get discouraged. I'm going to be more like her when I grow up.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #48
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Love all of the nsvs

I had a small one today-I was able to clasp my bra using the hooks to the smallest setting (the around band part), instead of using the biggest setting That means my rib cage area has gone down a size
Old 12-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:

Wow, beautiful post Kristen! For me, having peace of mind is definitely what JUDDD is all about. Not stressing, feeling deprived, thinking incessantly about food (at times, though lol) not feeling hopeless or on edge that you will be successful.

That is what all you wonderful people have taught me. That this will work if I just let it. Having the great information and support from all of you has made a huge difference in the way I look at weight loss and becoming more healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I've been hemming and hawing over getting rid of some bigger clothes. So I've been intermittantly sifting through my dresser drawers and closet, and I came across a fleece jacket in size L that I thought was far in my future. Tried it on. I can button it, but it's snug, but it actually did go around me, and just a few more pounds and I'm sure it'll fit. I'll be wearing it before the cold weather leaves us! Coming from 3X, I'm so happy! I'll be doing more closet searching after the holidays!
LCG, I am going through this now as well. I can fit into clothes that were way too tight and dang it feels good! I do need to go through and get rid of the things that are too baggy and just don't fit or look good on me anymore. Oh what a problem! lol

Congrats on the size L! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

I was a 3X too- I totally get how awesome that is!

Quote:

That is amazing- I would love to be able to do that again someday. It's unlikely that it is in the cards for me, but I'll live it through you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post

I had a small one today-I was able to clasp my bra using the hooks to the smallest setting (the around band part), instead of using the biggest setting That means my rib cage area has gone down a size
I see new bras in your future! Or as I have done- shrink back into the ones that were stashed away. My heavy weight bras looked like some type of industrial/ big guns weaponry- massive sling shots The bra I put on today looked so cute...lol... I never thought I would say a 36C was cute, but compared to my 42DD bras this one is tiny
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 12-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My heavy weight bras looked like some type of industrial/ big guns weaponry- massive sling shots The bra I put on today looked so cute...lol... I never thought I would say a 36C was cute, but compared to my 42DD bras this one is tiny
I laughed out loud here Carly! Yes! I'm still struggling w/my 42DDs, on smallest hooks, with makeshift clear ponytail bands between the cups (sounds weird, but makes for less/no extra fabric in cups and provides for good separation. Lets me off buying anything new for a little while longer anyway.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Hey Trying, it also occurs to me that Nancy (gotsomeold) might be a great resource. She's been through stalls created by doing the same thing that worked for months. (It's as though some of our bodies need one system for a while and something altogether different when that first system has achieved what it can.) I've admired her ability to experiment and not give up or even get discouraged. I'm going to be more like her when I grow up.
WOW

Kristin, I have never written a play, let alone have it produced. Nor have I been in a movie (almost tried out for the crowd scene in Hunger Games - they wanted 'unusual looks' and I figured I could provide that - but life interrupted.

Want to trade bodies for awhile?

And, yes. It is true. I am the queen of the self-induced weight loss stalls. Actually, I am glad for that - I learned so much about what my person bod needs and how it works because of the slowdowns.

Trying, there is no doubt in the churning caldron I call a mind that heavy exercise, especially female heavy exercise, tips the balance on how willing that body is to release fat. Tina called it 'diving right through caloric restriction into starvation mode (in which said bod is determined to hold what it has). Putting that another way, because of the exercise - or because of something intrinsic to you - your RMR is different from the standard calculation. And Dr J figures DD/UD using a standard calculation.

So, what to do? Certainly not stop exercising. Over eat to compensate? Not such a good idea.

I vote for tricking your body into thinking it is safe in calorie restriction mode.

I think you are on the right track with adding a weekly MD back into your life. You can also try recalculating your cals on Dr J's website using a higher exercise level - that may get you closer to what you really need on Ds...unless of course all of your UDs are UUADs.

Try spreading your eating out differently over the course of the day. I went through a period where I stalled unless I broke DD magic by eating at least 500 cals for lunch on UD. When you eat after exercise, try a huge salad - low cal but high volume sometimes motivates the body to let go.

Make sure UDs are above your RMR. If you do not know it, visit a variety of online calculators and take the average. I found I had to eat at RMR + 200 cals to lose. In maintenance, at least 50% of my UDs need to be UD + 100. The other half can be UUAD or under. Weird, huh? Run some experiements.

My personal fave: the one that took me through the dreaded last 10 pounds at a steady 2 pounds/week is do your own bouncing. Figure three different DDs (high/MD - medium - low) and cycle through them. Keep UDs uneven also (but that tends to happen naturally).

Finally, try different foods. If you are LC, raise your carbs via veggies. Bodies that are burning, love to burn carbs.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy - thanks so much for the thoughtful response. I really, really appreciate the ideas and encouragement as I don't want to throw in the towel this time and have found myself close recently. I/we get into a rut sometimes thinking this is the theory so this should work for me. Not working out so great for me for the last 3 months but that is also when I stopped getting TOM so there is a lot going on in this old body at the moment. I have plotted a new course with two MDs in each week and with varying levels of DDs - some low, some higher. I am hoping that will do the trick and will report back. Cross your fingers for me!!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Trying, I'm so happy for you, and will cross my fingers. I love this community.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

So - this is the plan I will follow for a couple of weeks to see if it helps. NYE throws a bit of a wrench but otherwise I should be good. Would love your feedback JBs!!

Mon - 400 DD
Tue -1200 MD
Wed - 600 DD
Thur -1800 UD
Fri - 400 DD
Sat - 2100 UD
Sun - 1200 MD

7700 weekly calories
1100 avg daily calories

3 DDs, 2 MDs and 2 UDs per week. Zig zagging all over the place but fueling the low days with prior high days. I plan to continue exercising and hopefully step it up in the new year. Not resorting to LC yet though since for me that variety of food choice is a huge incentive to Juddd. What do you think?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
That looks like the kind of bouncing eating I do. I have my fingers, toes, eyes, and various other anatomical parts that come in two's crossed that this experiment is your breakthrough!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I just measured and I've gone down another inch in my waist and hips!!! Started at 39, 49 and today at 36, 46.
Chest still at 42 tho, but I'll take it!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-25-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Library Girl - I see new clothes in your future!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

LG- shrink on!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I want to have what used to be considered "perfect" proportions. My goal is 36-26-36.

Thanks for the kudos. When I say I started at 39, 49, that was in Sept. when I first joined LCF. I have lost an additional inch since doing JUDDD. (I threw the tape measure around bf's waist just to see, and his is 32!!! Men!)

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-25-2012 at 07:27 AM..
Closed Thread