Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #331
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

Yay for size 6!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carly is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
My size 8 jeans were baggy this morning That was my goal size, but now I'm thinking size 6 sounds awfully nice
Th at is so awesome! OMG congratulations!
hot-in-texas is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Luna Loca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 11,231
Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Cindy, loose pants are lovely, aren't they? You are in for a lot more of that, young lady. Hope you're up for it.

Slim Nana, congratulations on calling goal and the size 6 dress. Wow!!!

mom23kids (which I always read as "twenty-three kids" and go ) WTG on the size 8 jeans being loose! You'll be in a size 6 before we know it!

Mine for today: (actually a couple of days ago) I've had bad knees for ten or fifteen years. Had surgery on one knee to remove some damaged cartilage a couple of years ago with not much success. Then I lost all this weight, and the knees were better, but not great.

I've been much more dedicated with exercise, especially strength training (using body weight instead of weights) and my knees have improved to the point where I can bend them and go all the way down and rest on my heels and come back up without any pain. This means I can get things off the floor without kneeling down, or bending way over, I can just crouch like a normal person. I seriously have not been able to do that for so many years I cannot count. I find I am crouching down to the floor on the slightest pretext now (oh, look, a piece of paper on the floor! ) because I am so thrilled that I can do this again.

So grateful for my renewed health and vigor. A couple of years ago I was bedridden some days because of joint pain, and now, here I am! Healthy, vigorous and feeling younger than I have in years! JUDDD rocks!!!
__________________
"before" from the bad old days.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,486
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
So grateful for my renewed health and vigor. A couple of years ago I was bedridden some days because of joint pain, and now, here I am! Healthy, vigorous and feeling younger than I have in years! JUDDD rocks!!!
It certainly does! That's an awesome NSV. Congratulations.
Flossyliz is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,917
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
That's wonderful, Luna Loca! Losing weight for appearance sake is nice, but health improvements like that are fabulous. Congratulations on using both JUDDD and exercise to make your life so much better.
svenskamae is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Luna that is awesome!
Carly is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oh Luna, you give me hope! My left knee is pathetic...my right a bit better. I can't do any kind of jumping for work outs and crouching is out of the question. I did it just before Christmas at my Daughter's award ceremony (trying to take a picture) and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back up. (In front of a bunch of people!) I sure hope to get just a little relief/improved flexibility when I am at goal. I haven't been hopeful, though...until your post! HUGE congrats to you!!!!! You must be so excited!
__________________
Melinda

Flutter is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,038
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
That's great Luna!!

I had 2 NSVs yesterday! The first is when my friend at work said that I like I was shrinking LOL Sounds good to me! Then, when I went into the lounge at work I saw a giant chocolate cake! It looked soooooooooo good. But yesterday was my DD before my TOPS meeting so I did not touch it! Did I mention how good it looked?
Kismet311 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #339
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
That's great Luna!!

I had 2 NSVs yesterday! The first is when my friend at work said that I like I was shrinking LOL Sounds good to me! Then, when I went into the lounge at work I saw a giant chocolate cake! It looked soooooooooo good. But yesterday was my DD before my TOPS meeting so I did not touch it! Did I mention how good it looked?
Double yay!!!!
Carly is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Shrinking, people noticing & skipping chocolate cake! Woohoo!!!! Good for you kismet!
Flutter is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Mine for today: (actually a couple of days ago) I've had bad knees for ten or fifteen years. Had surgery on one knee to remove some damaged cartilage a couple of years ago with not much success. Then I lost all this weight, and the knees were better, but not great.

I've been much more dedicated with exercise, especially strength training (using body weight instead of weights) and my knees have improved to the point where I can bend them and go all the way down and rest on my heels and come back up without any pain. This means I can get things off the floor without kneeling down, or bending way over, I can just crouch like a normal person. I seriously have not been able to do that for so many years I cannot count. I find I am crouching down to the floor on the slightest pretext now (oh, look, a piece of paper on the floor! ) because I am so thrilled that I can do this again.

So grateful for my renewed health and vigor. A couple of years ago I was bedridden some days because of joint pain, and now, here I am! Healthy, vigorous and feeling younger than I have in years! JUDDD rocks!!!
Excellent NSV!!! I too am looking forward to more flexibility. I am able to bend down better than I was, and can now lift my right foot up to put on socks and shoes. (left was not as bad)
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #342
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,404
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Luna, that's great! I can't quite do the down into a crouch and back up yet, and I want to so bad! You give me hope!

Kismet, fantastic! Getting told you're shrinking helps you to walk by that cake, doesn't it???

Cindy, wonderful! The increased flexibility, and having less stomach in the way is a wonderful feeling!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What great NSVs! Such an inspirational thread!

Size 6? What is that??!! Something I could never even dream of. Congrats! Baggy size 8's sound awesome! Skipping chocolate cake that looks so good sounds impossible! Fabulous will power there.

Luna: You reminded me of something I had forgotten. When I was at my top weight, my left knee was really giving me grief. I could hardly walk up or down stairs. I had totally forgotten that because it's been over a year since I felt knee pain.

My NSV is just that I managed a 40 calorie DD yesterday. It's been a long time since I've been under 500 calories on a DD. It makes me feel kinda empowered today. Like, I can do this. I can!! I put a serving of half and half in my coffee yesterday morning and that was it. Even though I planned for a 200 calorie dinner, I was not hungry so decided to skip it. And, I slept well.

Bring on the sirtuins. I've been struggling ever since Christmas to keep the DDs low and the UDs from creeping over my 1900 limit.
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yay Yam-Yam! You can do it! You have done it!!!!
Carly is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #345
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,404
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Wow Yam-Yam, a 40 calorie day?

Yay for no more knee pain!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
40 calorie DD!!! What?!!! Awesome willpower!!!
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I love my JUDD BUDDs! You just reinforce me and motivate me so much! Thanks for giving me kudos. Just makes my day!

Carly: How is DW? Is she stressed out? Are you both OK?
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #348
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Cindy, loose pants are lovely, aren't they? You are in for a lot more of that, young lady. Hope you're up for it.

Slim Nana, congratulations on calling goal and the size 6 dress. Wow!!!

mom23kids (which I always read as "twenty-three kids" and go ) WTG on the size 8 jeans being loose! You'll be in a size 6 before we know it!

Mine for today: (actually a couple of days ago) I've had bad knees for ten or fifteen years. Had surgery on one knee to remove some damaged cartilage a couple of years ago with not much success. Then I lost all this weight, and the knees were better, but not great.

I've been much more dedicated with exercise, especially strength training (using body weight instead of weights) and my knees have improved to the point where I can bend them and go all the way down and rest on my heels and come back up without any pain. This means I can get things off the floor without kneeling down, or bending way over, I can just crouch like a normal person. I seriously have not been able to do that for so many years I cannot count. I find I am crouching down to the floor on the slightest pretext now (oh, look, a piece of paper on the floor! ) because I am so thrilled that I can do this again.

So grateful for my renewed health and vigor. A couple of years ago I was bedridden some days because of joint pain, and now, here I am! Healthy, vigorous and feeling younger than I have in years! JUDDD rocks!!!
momto3kids was already taken when I signed up
mom23kids is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I love my JUDD BUDDs! You just reinforce me and motivate me so much! Thanks for giving me kudos. Just makes my day!

Carly: How is DW? Is she stressed out? Are you both OK?
Right now we are OK. The biopsy is over and now we wait. This is the 3rd time we are going through this. I'm very hopeful that this will also be B9.
Carly is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,038
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Sending good vibes, Carly!!

You guys won't believe this...I had to pass by 2 huge boxes of chocolate at work. What are these people trying to do to me!! I didn't take any since they didn't really look like my favorite kind (I love chocolate but not really into truffles) so I didn't eat one just for the sake of eating one even though it's an UD!
Kismet311 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #351
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,046
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thinking of you both Carly.

Yam-Yam, that is amazing. 40cals is like negative everything!
Kissa is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Right now we are OK. The biopsy is over and now we wait. This is the 3rd time we are going through this. I'm very hopeful that this will also be B9.
I've been through biopsies myself and I can relate to the stress you will feel until the results come back. Just know we are all thinking of you with big hugs!

[QUOTE=
You guys won't believe this...I had to pass by 2 huge boxes of chocolate at work. What are these people trying to do to me!! I didn't take any since they didn't really look like my favorite kind (I love chocolate but not really into truffles) so I didn't eat one just for the sake of eating one even though it's an UD![/QUOTE]

Good for you!!! I probably would have caved. See? you are getting so selective and picky! That seems to be one of the good side effects of JUDD (most of the time)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
hmmmmm....somehow I messed up the quote and it's not in the white box.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,952
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I passed on both bagels and soft pretzels at work today. For a bread addict I consider it a victory.
TryingJudd is online now  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,259
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The pain is catching up to her now and she's
I hope she falls asleep soon.
Carly is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
It's UD here and I skipped breakfast, had a lower calorie subway lunch then pizza with the family out. Came home, plugged it all in and was 400+ calories short still. Boo for me, I can have more chocolate tonight! At this rate, I may grow to be able to skip desserts like you, kismet! Dare I hope chocolate will be medicinal. (oh noooo, I'm short on calories and need to have chocolate again!)

TJ, oooh, good for you!!!

Carly, been thining of you & DW all day.
Flutter is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Awww, carly, I'm sorry! Poor DW.
Flutter is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Awww, Carly. I so hope everything is well with DW.

My NSV is that I am not snoring as much. BF announced that he hasn't noticed me snoring lately. That is a huge deal, as I have always had a problem with it and caused anyone who tried to sleep with or near me, problems sleeping, lol.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
That's awesome, LG! I am sure my DH wishes I'd magically stop snoring, too. Sheesh, now I want to get to goal so I stop snoring and bend my knees again! Thanks guys! LOL!
Flutter is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,038
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I passed on both bagels and soft pretzels at work today. For a bread addict I consider it a victory.
Oh, I love a good bagel! Not sure I could pass that up especially if they had cream cheese LOL
Kismet311 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.