Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
For those maintaining . . . .

Did you wait until you were at goal weight to go into maintenance, or did you gradually increase leading up to maintenance? I have around ten pounds left to my lowered goal--already passed what I thought would be my goal--and I'm wondering what's the best way to approach maintenance.

What say you lovely maintainers?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #2

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am not typical Dawn. I like DDs and choose to keep them low but, I push my UDs as high as I dare, sometimes too high, lol.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #3

I'm leaning towards having slightly higher DDs in maintenance (like around 600 or so) and then higher UDs, but I'm more thinking in terms of when I should start messing with the numbers. I know several maintainers ended up having a hard time getting out of WLM. Not that it would be horrible if I went below 160, but I don't think I want to go very far below it.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Well, I have been trying out my plan this month and it works beautifully- I have stayed completely in the 3 pound bounce range. I will return to WLM promptly on 1/2/13, but I feel really relieved that I can maintain well on JUDDD. My general plan will be DDs on M,W,F really low since I like them like that and UDs on T,TH, S & S. Last week I did UD on TH and F and did a DD on Sat. I feel like maintenance will be flexible for me and I really like that!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I waited until I was at goal !

I have not found Maintaining easy! I have been doing it since May 1 too! I wonder why it is such a struggle for me.

I have been wondering if maybe I should start to take Resveratol or Plenostilbene.

See you in Main Lane soon! Good Luck!

Leona
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3"
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
I'm with Kissa, keeping DD's low to maintain the health benefits, and pushing the UD's as far as posible.
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I waited until size six jeans fastened comfortably then started fiddling with DDs.

I am still rotating because DH is still in WLM mode. Turns out keeping every other DD low (400ish), every other other DD a bit higher (600ish), and - golly - just realized I haven't actually counted an UD in months! Anyway that pattern keeps my NSVs active and my weight stable.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
I'm very interested in answers here as well. I'm going to try and maintain until January just to test it out and think I'm going to keep standard rotations with higher UD's since I like low DD and want to keep them low(below 500). If that doesn't work, I may just add an MD on the weekend?
Good luck to you, Dawn!
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i didnt do it for long but.. I felt free to eat, and with t hat came,, well, dare i say it,, CARBS .(as some know, i was low carb for most of this plan) And when i dint see the scale move BUT felt the belly GROW i went back in to wlm and will approach it with caution due to i have not eaten certain things in a long long time, it was fun to just eat and not really think to much about how many caloires were in somthing,, i had 3 up days in a row once, and ii did gain 4 pounds but the first real down day, it was gone, so good luck with how it goes for you~
1994 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
I waited until I reached goal (which for me was an old pair of jeans) before I started messing with what got me there.

Maintenance is more important to me so I wanted to be completely at goal before I started making changes.

Congrats on your progress, Dawn.

Edited to add: for those who don't know I lost with LC. Switched to JUDDD for maintenance in Jan of this year. I can't say for sure what I would have done on JUDDD though. Since there's a such a large range of percentages/calories to chose from I might have started playing around with them earlier.

Last edited by Gulf Coast Girl; 12-19-2012 at 08:40 PM..
Gulf Coast Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Dawn, it feels too strange to offer you thoughts, given that you know more about all of this than I ever will.
I did not call maintenance when I first reached my goal. It freaked me out too much. Wasn't ready for it at all. So I gained a few pounds instead.
Later, I called maintenance when I realized I'd shot by my goal by about five pounds. I was traveling, not weighing often, and I swear the JUDDD "magic" (or that feeling that JUDDD is carrying you rather than the other way around) had just kicked in and whacked off a few extra pounds.
I still feel a bit strange about the whole maintenance thing, but less bent as the months pass. It's taken my head longer than it took my body, I guess.

I love the way you tried out maintenance along the way. I'll bet that'll make the transition hugely successful for you.
It's thrilling to watch so many JBs dip into maintenance over the holidays, isn't it? It's like they're paving the way for their own easy transitions.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Kristin reminds me of myself. I have no idea how to go about it??? But my thought is to keep my SS as free days and will do MWF DDs. The number I would like for every MWF is approx 500, but I am switching from HFMP to PHD and may find that it is quite simple to do the lower 300 cal DD. I have never had issues with UD, except on my night out every week which I allow one high UD per week. The others are very close to my 1600 or lower.

Dawn, I am thrilled to see how this goes for you!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #13

Great ideas everyone. Hmm, I wonder if I could get away with MWF DDs of around 500-600, and then UDs the rest of the week. That sounds great! I think I'll keep trying to lose until I hit 160, then maybe try that out rather than easing into the maintenance thing. Hmm . . .
Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Kristin reminds me of myself. I have no idea how to go about it??? But my thought is to keep my SS as free days and will do MWF DDs. The number I would like for every MWF is approx 500, but I am switching from HFMP to PHD and may find that it is quite simple to do the lower 300 cal DD. I have never had issues with UD, except on my night out every week which I allow one high UD per week. The others are very close to my 1600 or lower.

Dawn, I am thrilled to see how this goes for you!
Sorry to threadjack here, but, Sunday, can you explain what PHD is and why you are switching to that? I've been doing high fat, medium protein (HFMP, right?) myself and wondered what you were planning to do instead.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Sorry to threadjack here, but, Sunday, can you explain what PHD is and why you are switching to that? I've been doing high fat, medium protein (HFMP, right?) myself and wondered what you were planning to do instead.
Hi sven, I love fat and do well with non-dairy fats, but my protein needs to be much lower and I wanted to add some safe starches (taters, rice etc) Perfect Health Diet is a good combo. JUDDD was rather difficult for me while doing HFMP. I had some rather high DDs.

Perfect Health Diet
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Hi sven, I love fat and do well with non-dairy fats, but my protein needs to be much lower and I wanted to add some safe starches (taters, rice etc) Perfect Health Diet is a good combo. JUDDD was rather difficult for me while doing HFMP. I had some rather high DDs.

Perfect Health Diet
Thanks for the clarification, Sunday. I hope you do very well on the perfect health diet. From the little I know about it, it seems to emphasize lots of food sources that are excellent for health (such as liver and bone broth). Keep us posted on how the Perfect Health Diet is working out for you.

When combining JUDDD and HFMP, I have the hardest time with keeping my protein moderate on UDs, though I don't think I've done any up, up, and away days proteinwise yet.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote