Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am another non-weigher. It helps me to stay focused, because I lose rather slowly and I don't want to be tied to the number as well. If I am doing something such as a fat fast or tater hack, I weigh for the scientific numbers. Otherwise, I am happy to check in weekly.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Hugs to you! It is really hard to be patient and watch the numbers go up and down. Keep us posted how you're doing, ok? Hoping you get a really great drop for your next weigh in!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The daily bounce doesn't rock my world (anymore)

The bounce is a part of JUDDD, but eventually the trend will be down if you respect your calories. This link is kinda old, but maybe it will help to see the bouncy ball goes up and down but always with the downward trend.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Lots of great advice here, and it's definitely waaaaay too soon to panic! That being said, I Juddded faithfully for a couple of months and gained and lost the exact same pounds...like clockwork. The numbers are just estimates and don't take into account our own individual metabolic issues. For me, it turned out standardized Juddding is a great way to maintain. But I want to lose. So I decided to tweak. My current mode is mon-tues, thurs and sat. are down days, wed and sunday are up days, and friday is a medium day. I eat up to 21-2300 cals on up days, 500 on down, 1000 on medium day. That's what it took for me to lose...the extra down and medium day. I wish to hell I could've lost standard juddding, but my body just wasn't having it. So if you keep maintaining after a couple of months juddding, just know there are other options to explore...but don't panic yet!
--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I think you are hearing a lot of really good advice...when I first started about five weeks ago..I lost a couple of pounds right away...then..not an ounce for like two weeks...that's when I knew I couldn't weigh everyday..someone told me that when I learned to trust the program, I would be able to...and I believe that...so, I'm still not weighing everyday..just once a week...as I see other people posting I clearly see that it goes up and down a little bit all the time..because of water weight, or something else..but..when you look at the end of the months..they nearly always lose..I promised myself to accept that the process is like that..and when I look and see the big successes that most are having..I just say..the time is going to pass for me anyway..I may as well stick with it and lose weight as the time passes. I know it will get better for you.try to hang in there..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Katina!

Take a deep breath and climb back through the window - this is a very nice room. Count your UDs. Give your body a few more weeks to get used to rotating and to generate SIRTs. Tell us how it is going. The bounces are good, they tell you something is happening.... But it really is too early to stand out in that cold wind.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2yorkies
Stats: 195.8/142/?? age 57 - 5'2
WOE: lo cal-lo carb....now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/18/12...JUDDD - 12/10/12
Hi Katina!

I absolutely get where you're coming from..

I think we may have started JUDDD on the same day. Yesterday was 1 week for me. I haven't lost any weight yet either. I know I shouldn't expect much being just 1 week in, so I'm trying not to be too disappointed in the scale not moving down. I keep telling myself to just let the rotations settle in and it will work (it's worked for so many.) But the other part of me says "Panic, panic, you're not losing; do something!!!"

Peggy
2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I feel your frustration but you're in the right place. This forum is a great place for support, everyone is so kind and have lots of advice to give.

I'm kinda opposite, my first months loss on JUDDD was awesome, nearly 11 lb and I so did not expect that so it was a lovely surprise. My 2nd month I lost just over 3.5 lb... and being totally honest I wasn't very happy about that. I know I shouldn't think negative, but I doubt my loss for Dec (1st Dec - 25th) is going to be any better but I'll continue to stick with it. If things start to slow down even further then I'm going to have to tweak something, maybe my UD calories.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14

Last edited by WantToBeSlim; 12-18-2012 at 10:18 AM..
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I feel this frustration as well. I encouraged you yesterday and now I feel the same way, lol. I don't know if I can only weigh once a week, because I have become addicted to daily weighing, but if I could it would sure help my feelings. One day I think I've lost 6 lbs, and the next only 3. So which is it, lol? I think this might just be part of the JUDDD WOE. I may have to try Patty's trick if this continues.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatinaZ25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The daily bounce doesn't rock my world (anymore)

The bounce is a part of JUDDD, but eventually the trend will be down if you respect your calories. This link is kinda old, but maybe it will help to see the bouncy ball goes up and down but always with the downward trend.
Thank you!!! Honestly, this does help a lot! I'm gonna try to remain optimistic that this will be me too.

Katina
KatinaZ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Katina!

Take a deep breath and climb back through the window - this is a very nice room. Count your UDs. Give your body a few more weeks to get used to rotating and to generate SIRTs. Tell us how it is going. The bounces are good, they tell you something is happening.... But it really is too early to stand out in that cold wind.
ok ok... Comin in off the ledge. Thank you. Today is an UD. I'm pretty nervous about it actually, which is odd cause I find that my DD's are easier(????). Not because of the hunger but because of the lack of choices! I just don't want to "mess" up. But, I am gonna stick with it. I can't be the only person that this doesn't work for, so I just keep thinking that soon I'll see the SIRTs start to work.

Katina
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yorkies View Post
Hi Katina!

I absolutely get where you're coming from..

I think we may have started JUDDD on the same day. Yesterday was 1 week for me. I haven't lost any weight yet either. I know I shouldn't expect much being just 1 week in, so I'm trying not to be too disappointed in the scale not moving down. I keep telling myself to just let the rotations settle in and it will work (it's worked for so many.) But the other part of me says "Panic, panic, you're not losing; do something!!!"

Peggy
Ok ok ok!! Good! We'll power through together!!! Maybe we can talk each other off the ledge???

Katina
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToBeSlim View Post
I feel your frustration but you're in the right place. This forum is a great place for support, everyone is so kind and have lots of advice to give.

I'm kinda opposite, my first months loss on JUDDD was awesome, nearly 11 lb and I so did not expect that so it was a lovely surprise. My 2nd month I lost just over 3.5 lb... and being totally honest I wasn't very happy about that. I know I shouldn't think negative, but I doubt my loss for Dec (1st Dec - 25th) is going to be any better but I'll continue to stick with it. If things start to slow down even further then I'm going to have to tweak something, maybe my UD calories.
That's great though!!! You're doing so good!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I feel this frustration as well. I encouraged you yesterday and now I feel the same way, lol. I don't know if I can only weigh once a week, because I have become addicted to daily weighing, but if I could it would sure help my feelings. One day I think I've lost 6 lbs, and the next only 3. So which is it, lol? I think this might just be part of the JUDDD WOE. I may have to try Patty's trick if this continues.
well please do NOT let my sour puss mood affect your positive attitude! Honestly, you were all so encouraging. I purposefully did NOT weigh myself today and it killed me! But, I will go nuts if I do. I'm going to wait till Sat. The, hopefully, I'll come back with a good update???

BTW, always go with the higher number!!!! Lol

Katina
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Lots of great advice here, and it's definitely waaaaay too soon to panic! That being said, I Juddded faithfully for a couple of months and gained and lost the exact same pounds...like clockwork. The numbers are just estimates and don't take into account our own individual metabolic issues. For me, it turned out standardized Juddding is a great way to maintain. But I want to lose. So I decided to tweak. My current mode is mon-tues, thurs and sat. are down days, wed and sunday are up days, and friday is a medium day. I eat up to 21-2300 cals on up days, 500 on down, 1000 on medium day. That's what it took for me to lose...the extra down and medium day. I wish to hell I could've lost standard juddding, but my body just wasn't having it. So if you keep maintaining after a couple of months juddding, just know there are other options to explore...but don't panic yet!
--patty
Patty, I might try this next week during Xmas. Thank you!

Katina
Old 12-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinaZ25 View Post

ok ok... Comin in off the ledge. Thank you. Today is an UD. I'm pretty nervous about it actually, which is odd cause I find that my DD's are easier(????). Not because of the hunger but because of the lack of choices! I just don't want to "mess" up. But, I am gonna stick with it. I can't be the only person that this doesn't work for, so I just keep thinking that soon I'll see the SIRTs start to work.

Katina
DD's are much easier for me too!! I never thought I'd say that, but I feel in control on those days. On UD's I quickly lose track of my calories, and actually feel angry if I have to count them, lol. Like today, I started out thinking, well I will track my UD...gone to hell in a handbasket.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
KatrinaZ25

With you on this! I just started on the 16th and felt like I should be losing every day.. I'm one that needs to stop weighing.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Arlene
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

I was definitely panicking!!!!!

I wanted to jump on really quick for an update since I have more X-Mas shopping to do....ugh. But......after an UD weigh in I managed to keep off 6 lbs!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!! I love this WOE! You all were so helpful in talking me off the ledge. I feel so great and have so much energy! I really feel like I can do this this time!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Katina

Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Soooooo great to hear Katina! It really is such a wonderful plan. Aren't we lucky to have found it?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinaZ25 View Post
I wanted to jump on really quick for an update since I have more X-Mas shopping to do....ugh. But......after an UD weigh in I managed to keep off 6 lbs!!!!!!!
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Great news Katina.

I'm late to this thread but wanted to encourage you, and all new JUDDDers, to work the plan AS WRITTEN for at least 4-6 weeks before deciding it's not working and tweaking it. This means adhering to UD and DD calories, and staying faithful to rotations as much as possible.

For some people it takes a little bit to see some losses on the scale. Scale weight is just one of the things going on with your body, and not even the most important thing. Healing is taking place with the SIRTs even though you may not be losing. Please give it time to work! I'm glad you're satisfied with the loss you've seen thus far.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Happy Dance for Katina!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote