Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   In the spirit of DD struggles, I thought this was interesting... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791543-spirit-dd-struggles-i-thought-interesting.html)

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 06:14 PM

In the spirit of DD struggles, I thought this was interesting...

Hunger Pangs: Cause and Alleviation

sunday 12-16-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Hunger pangs are one of about ten forms of false hunger (read about other forms of false hunger) and are a cause of overweight because they prompt eating when there is no need for food. In fact, eating to relieve an irritation of a stomach deprives that organ of necessary rest and results in further irritation (a vicious cycle).
I am discovering that Juddd has helped me so much in that I can decipher which type of hunger I am having and it is not urgent or dire as in "I am starving to death". I know this sounds odd, but I used to say this when I hadn't eaten in several hours (such as more than 6) and to realize that it simply is a mind over matter. Not life & death. Quite freeing and healing.

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 06:31 PM

I agree, Sunday. Although I am relatively new to JUDDD, I am learning this as well. So freeing.

adillenal 12-16-2012 06:35 PM

I read it all including the links and found it to be very interesting and informative.
Thanks for the link.

angie1 12-16-2012 07:09 PM

What a great article! JUDDD does a great job at helping me get in tune with my body and knowing that hunger is not an emergency.

On a side note, I love its piece about food combining because my aunt and a few other family members follow "somersizing" (suzanne somers program) which is a food combining program. They have been thin for years!!

I tried food combining and it definitely helps with digestion and weight loss. Although chocolate every other day is MUCH more appealing to me ;) lol

Zib 12-16-2012 08:57 PM

Very interesting reading, LibraryGirl. Thanks for sharing.

jenericstewart 12-17-2012 05:13 AM

Interesting article! I'm one of those who don't get hunger pangs, per se. Considering the over-the-counter drugs I take for headaches, I guess I should count myself blessed. Maybe this is one reason why I find fasting so easy. Boy, do I love this JUDDD board and all it's taught me!

jaymar 12-17-2012 07:07 AM

I agree..this board is so helpful..there's a ton of information to read, and I can try something if I want to,if it helps, ..great...if not..I just do what seems to be working for me.

LoCarbGal 12-17-2012 09:40 AM

Very interesting - thanks LG! It always helps me to understand why a particular sensation is happening, and this description(s) really do that. I'm interested that my "hunger pangs" have generally gone away doing JUDDD. I get that pleasant, empty feeling, and on DDs, often, I eat because my head wants to, not because my stomach is uncomfortable.

garnet10 12-17-2012 10:39 AM

Thanks for posting this. I learned when I was following the hCG protocol, and although the premise of hCG is that you don't feel hungry because of the hCG, I did learn that I really had to pay attention to my "gut" when I wanted to eat past my calorie allotment. Oftentimes, I discovered my belly was really content, but it was my head/desire that made me think I needed to eat.

To this day I use this on both my UD and DD, and while I'm eating. I've discovered I actually need very little to eat to feel comfortable.

This is the most amazing lesson of weight loss--how little you really need to eat to thrive.

Eieio 12-17-2012 11:01 AM

Yes fun to read, interesting. Thanks library girl.

Kissa 12-17-2012 11:38 AM

Thanks LG!

Alison 01-23-2013 07:06 PM

Cindy, this helped me so much! Thank you!!

Librarygirl 01-24-2013 04:08 AM

I'm so glad, Alison! I need to read it again myself!

Kismet311 01-24-2013 04:15 AM

Thanks for the link! Marking my spot so I can read it later (I hate when work gets in the way of my free time LOL).

hot-in-texas 01-24-2013 05:38 AM

:)That was chock full off info, thanks for the link

Carly 01-26-2013 03:57 PM

Just saw this- thanks for the link. It's funny, but I never get hunger pangs anymore. Sometimes I feel hungry, but not pangs.

Librarygirl 01-26-2013 04:14 PM

I think the article was referring to hunger pangs (or pains) between meals when people might overeat to stop them. It wasn't actually giving advice on going all day without eating and ignoring obvious hunger signals, whereas we obviously have to on DD's. We all know it's not exactly a "pleasant" feeling of wanting to eat when you've had nothing all day long, lol. Thankfully, I don't get the pangs as much as I did in the beginning, so that's a plus. :)