Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone Having a MD Today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791495-anyone-having-md-today.html)

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 05:05 AM

Anyone Having a MD Today?

What's your plan? :) I've decided to make one weekend day a MD every weekend, unless I just have no real hunger.

So far, I've had about 200 calories in my coffee (2 T of HWC, 2 cups). I have leftover roast in the fridge which will probably be lunch. Might pop a frozen pizza in the oven later tonight. I have plans to visit my mom today, so will be away from home this afternoon for a while.

angie1 12-16-2012 06:00 AM

Yesss!! Today is an MD :) I aim for around 1200 calories . I really don't mind them at all, especially after a Saturday UD! I just had my breakfast of greek yogurt, cereal and raspberries yumm! (300 calories). Leftover chicken and broccoli for lunch and not sure yet what to eat for dinner. I am definitely going to get some christmas chocolate in there as well lol

Happy MD!

Crazy PreK Teacher 12-16-2012 06:39 AM

MD for me as well. Yesterday was DD. I need UD for tomorrow night, then I'm already set for Christmas & NYE!!! I'm kinda scared to do an MD today, tho...and UD tomorrow. I've been in a really good losing trend lately, and I don't want to mess it up:stars:

My average cals are really low anyway...so I may be okay. Been averaging 200ish/1200ish for weight loss, I maintain pretty good at 360ish/1600ish.

I am only 3ish lbs. away from my lowest weight allowed right now for me...I am in contention of awards at TOPS and cannot go below 167 lbs. It's a weird feeling to NOT be able to lose any MORE weight (first time in my whole life!!!)...After the 1st week of April I can lose more if needed.

Zib 12-16-2012 07:11 AM

Today is a DD that may turn into a MD. I donate platelets today and have a tendency to come home and eat everything in the house. There is no reason for this; it's in my head that I need food food food.

My plan for today is:

11am - Jimmy Dean light breakfast sandwich 220 cals
noon - donation
run an errand after to distract me
early dinner with DH. He wants to have pasta with his favorite zuch-tomato sauce. I'm planning to have mostly sauce and some pasta. 250 to 300 cals?

Reality may be that I come home and eat leftover macaroni and cheese I made on up day until it's gone.

If I make it thru this day as planned it will be an NSV for me.

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher (Post 16138754)
MD for me as well. Yesterday was DD. I need UD for tomorrow night, then I'm already set for Christmas & NYE!!! I'm kinda scared to do an MD today, tho...and UD tomorrow. I've been in a really good losing trend lately, and I don't want to mess it up:stars:

My average cals are really low anyway...so I may be okay. Been averaging 200ish/1200ish for weight loss, I maintain pretty good at 360ish/1600ish.

I am only 3ish lbs. away from my lowest weight allowed right now for me...I am in contention of awards at TOPS and cannot go below 167 lbs. It's a weird feeling to NOT be able to lose any MORE weight (first time in my whole life!!!)...After the 1st week of April I can lose more if needed.

:dunno: What does that mean?

I would hate to have to go as low calorie as you do to lose. :console: It could happen, but I sure hope it doesn't!!

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 07:18 AM

I've had a lot of energy this morning. Yay for JUDDD!! :D It helps that I fell asleep at 9 pm last night, lol. I was reading and woke up at 11:30 with all the lights on. Thought about staying up for a while and reading some more, but quickly gave up. Next thing I knew it was 5:30 am and I was ready to get up.:eek: That is not my modus operandi, lol. I am a sleep-in girl if given half a chance, and it's sure nice to FEEL like getting up early. :) I cleaned the kitchen, dust mopped the floors, vacuumed, cleaned up bf's office and cleaned the half-bath. :) Bf is still sleeping, so I haven't vacuumed the master bedroom or cleaned that bath yet.

melanie09 12-16-2012 07:20 AM

I'm doing one today too. Gonna have some coffee with hwc in a bit. I've got leftover chicken breast in the fridge that I'll eat sometime. Might cook some veggies or make a salad. Might make a quesadilla on a low carb tortilla.... stuff like that... Tomorrow will be an UD, Tuesday DD and Wednesday UD. I need Wednesday to be an up day because we're having our staff christmas party at a restaurant and I want to be able to eat, lol!

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanie09 (Post 16138820)
I'm doing one today too. Gonna have some coffee with hwc in a bit. I've got leftover chicken breast in the fridge that I'll eat sometime. Might cook some veggies or make a salad. Might make a quesadilla on a low carb tortilla.... stuff like that... Tomorrow will be an UD, Tuesday DD and Wednesday UD. I need Wednesday to be an up day because we're having our staff christmas party at a restaurant and I want to be able to eat, lol!

We are too!! Mine will be a UD also.:jumpjoy:

deedee 12-16-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

What's your plan? I've decided to make one weekend day a MD every weekend, unless I just have no real hunger.
I haven't tried a MD yet, so I'm very curious to see how this works out for you! I'll be doing one right before Christmas, but I've heard they can cause stalls so I'm apprehensive.

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 08:41 AM

If I don't lose this week, or gain, I will re-think doing another MD.

cici52 12-16-2012 09:02 AM

Unsure at this point. Have been put on notice that aunt and cousin may be arriving at mom's and I must show up if they do. That means food pressure. May be able to dodge it. Mom gets a little heavy with the guilt trips.

Flutter 12-16-2012 10:49 AM

Nope, not changing rotations until right at Christmas. :) I have a Christmas party next Saturday, so will do UD 12/22, DD 12/23, MD 12/24 then UD for Christmas. :) We'll see how it goes!

melanie09 12-16-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16138908)
I haven't tried a MD yet, so I'm very curious to see how this works out for you! I'll be doing one right before Christmas, but I've heard they can cause stalls so I'm apprehensive.

I've done a DD, MD, UD, DD rotation once before and I actually had a big drop after the UD and last DD, BUT that was just a few days after TOM arrived when I'm due for a whoosh anyway...

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 02:16 PM

You are a stellar JUDDDer, Flutter. :up: I am not changing rotations, but just doing a MD instead of a DD. Not because it's Xmas, but because I want to allow myself an MD on the weekends. Just because I'm special.:cool:

deedee 12-16-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

I've done a DD, MD, UD, DD rotation once before and I actually had a big drop after the UD and last DD, BUT that was just a few days after TOM arrived when I'm due for a whoosh anyway...
Well it sounds like it didn't cause a stall or gain at least!

I just realized if Christmas is an UD, New Years Eve is a DD. So I guess I'll be doing multiple MD's this month to change rotations. Oh well, it's an experiment and New Years is a good time for starting fresh anyway!

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 02:51 PM

The great thing is, JUDDD allows for you to change your plan to suit YOU. I have learned to accept that it will work, even if it's not as fast as I would like. In the meantime, I can live my life the way I want.:up:

Crazy PreK Teacher 12-16-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16138802)
:dunno: What does that mean?

I would hate to have to go as low calorie as you do to lose. :console: It could happen, but I sure hope it doesn't!!

TOPS is a weight loss support group in many cities...including internationally. They do not give a specific diet plan...you use what you want. You are rewarded & honored for your weight loss, and yearly they have a huge convention in each region, then on to each state & then all state winners have a chance of being winners at international conventions. If you reach your goal for the year...which I did...you possibly can be crowned queen of your state if you have the most weight lost...and possibly advance to to world-wide queen. I submitted my goal this year at 175, so I am allowed to have a 10 lb. leeway of 7 lbs. below (168 lbs. low), and 3 lbs. above (178 high). If I go over or under...I have 2 weeks to get back to goal/leeway, or else I become disqualified.

I have always been a low calorie loser unless I'm on LC...then I lose at any calories. I tried WW one time for 3 weeks at 1200 strict calories & I didn't lose at all:stars:

If I JUDDD low cal & LC...I seem to lose at a great rate. I am still shocked that I am still losing any at all...I have lost 118 lbs. since March & I figured I would be done losing at this weight. I have lots of hangy skin...but apparently enough abnormal fat left to still lose well:confused:

I maintain well at regular max. weight loss cals. (368/1841) according to the JUDDD calculator...so that will be nice in terms of maintenance:D

Crazy PreK Teacher 12-16-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16139344)
Well it sounds like it didn't cause a stall or gain at least!

I just realized if Christmas is an UD, New Years Eve is a DD. So I guess I'll be doing multiple MD's this month to change rotations. Oh well, it's an experiment and New Years is a good time for starting fresh anyway!

NYE would be an UD!!!:D

12/25 UD<--------Christmas!!!
12/26 DD
12/27 UD
12/28 DD
12/29 UD
12/30 DD
12/31 UD<--------New Years Eve!!!!
01/01 DD<--------New Years Day...party over:clap:

Librarygirl 12-16-2012 03:37 PM

Congratulations, CPT!!! I hope you win!!!:jumpjoy: When you said contention, I thought you meant you were protesting something, lmao!:hyst: I fully expected some explanation that it was sexist or racist, or something! :D Lord forgive me, I'm blonde. :cool:

Zib 12-16-2012 04:36 PM

Ended up with about 1100-1200 calories, so definitely a moderate day.

deedee 12-16-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

NYE would be an UD!!!

12/25 UD<--------Christmas!!!
12/26 DD
12/27 UD
12/28 DD
12/29 UD
12/30 DD
12/31 UD<--------New Years Eve!!!!
01/01 DD<--------New Years Day...party over
Oooh thank you, you're right! Haha this is the first Christmas I'm ever celebrating (I'm Jewish) so I had the wrong day! lol well even more incentive to change my rotation for Xmas then.

Librarygirl 12-17-2012 08:10 AM

I ended up lower than UD, but over MD cals, I think. Was down .2 from UD the day before, but doing another UD today, so might bounce high...will not worry, will not worry... :D