Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Christmas feasting is almost upon us-what's your plan?

I think for many of us, holiday parties/events start this upcoming week. Looking at my calendar is making me I was experimenting with fixed day rotations but that's not going to work over the next few days, ugh. I'm going to have to get creative to get some DDs in over the next week and a half.
My goal from now till December 26 is maintain within a couple pounds of my current weight, and then after Christmas get back to my fixed days rotation experiment right away and get back into weight loss mode.

Do you have a plan in place? Are you able to stay with your normal rotations or are you tweaking your days to accommodate parties?

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-15-2012 at 01:01 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reese
WOE: JUDDD and Shakeology
Start Date: October 24 2012
I should be able to stay with my fixed rotations for the most part, with 2 exceptions. Next Sat. is supposed to be a DD but we are going to a family get together so it will be an UD. Thinking about making the Fri before that a MD.....we will see. And Christmas Eve and Day will both be UD's. Then, back to rotations as usual, hopefully. lol
reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reese
WOE: JUDDD and Shakeology
Start Date: October 24 2012
And I too plan on just trying to maintain. That will be huge for me as I usually put on 5 or 10 lbs this time of year!
reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I will continue to UD/DD since it is second nature to me now.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Established

You should see the piece of paper I'm trying to figure out my rotations on right now-looks like I'm writing in hieroglyphics Hmmmm, right now it looks like 6 UDs in a row, including an UUAD next Saturday-obviously that's not going to work I need another piece of paper
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I planned to maintain for the month of December as well. Christmas will definitely be an UD, I will enjoy myself and eat whatever I feel like. Dec 26 will be a DD and the rotations continue
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I know that I am not going to be able to keep to my low DD's from Christmas to New Years so I plan to go up to maintenance calories so that I don't have to keep switching around my rotations. I have been thinking of this Christmas as a kind of narrower eating window. Usually the eating window is from Thanksgiving (which is early here in Canada) until New Year's Day where I have kind of fallen into the attitude that anything I want I should have it now because the diet is going to be long afterwards. This year I am trying to narrow that excessive eating window as much as possible, so that I have less time to do too much weight gain damage to myself but still feel like I enjoyed everything. I know if I don't feel like I indulged at all over Christmas that I will be the only one gaining in January! I am also trying to keep within my weight loss calories this week so I have a few pounds I can regain back if things go off the rails for me at the end of the month. So far this is the plan. I am really happy so far with how things are going. I am enjoying lots of great social times with friends and food and the pants still fit!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
lots more than normal UDs: party yesterday, and tonight. my kids preXmas dinner here (I am divorced, they are with exH til noon on 25th). Xmas celebrations with inlaws for 2 days, and my family including 25th for 3... will try to have at least a few MDs in there... but seriously, this is the goodies at morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, and desert kind of visiting... and yes, I could abstain, but I won't.

I am trying to fit in as many DDs as possible, at least 2 a week, and some MDs, although those can be hard if I am teaching spin exercise class that day.

I am also trying not to pig out on UDs... I did well at the party yesterday, ate about half as much and drank about 1/5 as much as most ppl , and was content (no wonder so many of us are overweight... serious overeating). and today was a pretty cookie-licious morning as I finished my baking (and had 2 each of 3 things ), but then around noon I brushed my teeth and put everything in the freezer til Tues UD, and just now had a little cheese and an apple as dinner at the party will be late, and if the chocolate martinis and raspberry martinis are anything like last year, I will be imbibing tonight , plus a turkey dinner with perogies, sides, etc etc ... so that felt like a non UUAAD even with a bit of an UUAA morning (I am glad when I don't fall into what the heck binging and end up feeling ).

so long story short, I hope to at least maintain in December, maybe lose a lb... but not gain the typical amount.

Jan 29-Feb 14: Potato hack (plus dinner every other day)
Feb 15 onward: ? back to JUDDD... or calorie counting with intermittent potato hacks
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooraloora View Post
lots more than normal UDs: party yesterday, and tonight. my kids preXmas dinner here (I am divorced, they are with exH til noon on 25th). Xmas celebrations with inlaws for 2 days, and my family including 25th for 3... will try to have at least a few MDs in there... but seriously, this is the goodies at morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, and desert kind of visiting... and yes, I could abstain, but I won't.

I am trying to fit in as many DDs as possible, at least 2 a week, and some MDs, although those can be hard if I am teaching spin exercise class that day.

I am also trying not to pig out on UDs... I did well at the party yesterday, ate about half as much and drank about 1/5 as much as most ppl , and was content (no wonder so many of us are overweight... serious overeating). and today was a pretty cookie-licious morning as I finished my baking (and had 2 each of 3 things ), but then around noon I brushed my teeth and put everything in the freezer til Tues UD, and just now had a little cheese and an apple as dinner at the party will be late, and if the chocolate martinis and raspberry martinis are anything like last year, I will be imbibing tonight , plus a turkey dinner with perogies, sides, etc etc ... so that felt like a non UUAAD even with a bit of an UUAA morning (I am glad when I don't fall into what the heck binging and end up feeling ).

so long story short, I hope to at least maintain in December, maybe lose a lb... but not gain the typical amount.

Sounds like you have a pretty crazy holiday schedule too-we can both be together

I 'think' I have a plan now-I should be able to squeeze in a couple 500-600 calorie DDs in the midst of all the UDs I'm going to be having, and hopefully that will keep things semi-calm. Next Saturday is going to be the big UUAD-we're going to a get together where homemade goodies will be making the tables sag I don't even want to think about how many calories are in my husband's grandmas famous brown bread-which everyone eats 2-3 slices of, slathered in butter, with a side of sliced cheese And then there's the gobs of other treats, pizza and bread sticks, homemade mac n cheese etc. that will be there. I feel like I'm gaining weight even thinking about it

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-15-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Today is DD, tomorrow will be MD, Monday will be UD for an evening Christmas party at a restaurant...then I will be all set for Christmas and NYE. I don't let social occasions change my WOE right now...if I have to...I can always take cut up veggies on a DD/low cal dressing And I have been known to take my salad/chix breast to restaurants if needed...no one has ever said anything

Just takes a lil' planning!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Well, I've kinda backed myself into a corner this week with being sick the last 3 or 4 days....I'm up a few pounds on the scale due to having pretty much all MD/UD's ..... we've got a trip to Vegas for a couple days this week... ...need I say more?...
So; given the fact that I need to re-lose the few I've gained...I'll be happy if I can just get back to signature weight and maintain the rest of the month, somehow after next week....
Thankfully no parties to attend, just dealing with the kiddos and all they're friends baking and eating here...

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
My Christmas feasting started this week. We have one week left of work and school will be closed till Jan. 2. Next week I have our departmental luncheon, which falls on a UD. I think all the goodies that we were bringing every day is over. I hated only having two UD's this week, but it probably saved me a few pounds, lol.

Don't really do that much partying outside of work, so holiday eating is only what I decide to cook or buy, from next week on. We do have a family get-together usually the Sat. after Christmas, but it's just one day.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Sounds like you have a pretty crazy holiday schedule too-we can both be together

I 'think' I have a plan now-I should be able to squeeze in a couple 500-600 calorie DDs in the midst of all the UDs I'm going to be having, and hopefully that will keep things semi-calm. Next Saturday is going to be the big UUAD-we're going to a get together where homemade goodies will be making the tables sag I don't even want to think about how many calories are in my husband's grandmas famous brown bread-which everyone eats 2-3 slices of, slathered in butter, with a side of sliced cheese And then there's the gobs of other treats, pizza and bread sticks, homemade mac n cheese etc. that will be there. I feel like I'm gaining weight even thinking about it
Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Holiday Mantra (fist draft)

I will enjoy the holidays ... I will not stress about UD's and DD's... my weight will stay the same...

I will enjoy the holidays ... I will not stress about UD's and DD's... my weight will stay the same...

GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
I've been successful so far at avoiding tempation. Christmas eve with DH's family and Christmas day with mine will be the hardest but I just plan to fast both days other than the big gatherings and bring a 'legal' dessert with me. I managed to do well Thanksgiving week with two big meals following this approach so hopefully I can do it again at Christmas. This time of year has always been my downfall in the past so I'm reluctant to ease up other than the two family meals and even then I plan to be pretty vigilant.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
In the next 17 days, only 2-3 "holiday meals" here. New Years will be easy. Christmas Eve ithere will probably be nothing that isn't carb laden. Christmas day is never the same from year to year but probably doable. I'm not as worried about UDDDs as my newly adapted HFMPLC metabolism. If I blow it off for a couple days, will have to readapt.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
I am trying to figure this out too. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, my daughter's birthday on the 28th, a wedding on the 29th, and then of course New Year's Eve and Day. NY Eve & Day should be pretty easy, but it's the others that I am worried about
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Sticking to normal rotations, but will either not count or not worry if I go over on Christmas day.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #19

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
hahahmm, I have early christmas at BF's on 21st ( UD), Mom's BD on 23rd(UD) Christmas on 25th (UD) and New Years Eve on 31st(UD). Looks Like I don't have to change a thing. Everything is falling on UP Days already!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Oh man, I really feel for you guys with so many days in a row of food-related events. That would be a challenge.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Established

Ok, got my schedule figured out-posting it here so I have it somewhere I can find it later

yesterday/today-UDs
Mon-DD
Tue-UD
Wed-DD
Th-UD
Fri-500c DD (Playdate lunch with sister/nieces at McD's)
Sat-UD-going to try really hard to make this an UD and not a UUUAD (family party)
Sun-500-600c DD (lunch at the in-laws, with other relatives)
Mon-UD (family party at my house)
Tue-UD (at the in-laws most of the day)
Wed-DD Back to normal!

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-16-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
During the holiday week I don't have much going on. I figure I can actually swing some sort of DD on Christmas Eve because we are eating at my MIL's house ANDDDDDDDD she never cooks anything I like anyway. This is a family joke because i detest seafood and that's ALL she makes on xmas eve. Anyway, I will be bringing my own homemade pizza made on Joseph's 60 calorie pitas and maybe a veggie platter (that family acts like they are allergic to veggies so it will be all mine hahahhaah). I can totally control how many calories I eat. I am also making a sugar free pumpkin pie so if I don't eat the crust I'll be ok. Christmas will be at my sister's house and I'm not sure of the food but it won't be so bad I'm sure. If I was going to a buffet like I did on Thanksgiving then I'd be worried! My weigh-in is on Thursday after Christmas so I can't go too nuts.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Most the time I do rotations, but I no longer fret if/when that's not possible. I can get crabby when on a DD, primarily because I'm the chief cook. So, for family peace, MDs are the way to go sometimes. JUDDD is my woe for life, so those MDs don't discourage me. My family is more important than being super strict. I'm in this for the long haul.

I can't have a DD on a Sunday (maybe a MD?), and Christmas Eve will probably be an UD. Christmas Day will probably end up being a MD. The day after Christmas will be a DD.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I plan to enjoy special food that my awesome family members create this time of year.
Starting Dec 24 THROUGH Dec 25!
On Dec 26th I will slide back into JUDDDville.
While being very thankful.
I did have a goal of being out of the 40's by Christmas.
Due to a couple of family members staying with a few days before DEC. 25.
One being my mother, the best cook I know!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Sticking to normal rotations, but will either not count or not worry if I go over on Christmas day.
Ditto for me!
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I have no parties or meals to go to so I'm going to be sticking to plan as normal (alternate days). My UD falls on christmas day so that's a bonus, but I will not be counting calories on that UD like I would normally. I am going to allow myself to eat whatever and how much I want. I plan to DD on the 26th and continue normal UD, DD rotations which means new years day would be a DD but I'm going to have to switch something around because we also have another big dinner on new years day.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #27
Established

Love reading everyone's plans-I'm in awe of those who are sticking to their normal rotations

Well, I've decided to go into a totally different direction this upcoming week and I'm going to try the egg/meat fast thing for a few days Like the potato hack, but without the potatoes I've been wanting to try it for a while and it seems like this week would be a good time to give it a go, since my JUDDD schedule is going to be all messed up anyways. That's what I love about JUDDD-I can try different things and then come back to my rotations with no issues

I think I'm going to do the fast Monday-Friday and then have Saturday be an UD/Sunday be a 500-600 calorie DD and then M/T be UDs. Then back on JUDDD the day after Christmas. We'll see how it goes

Here's to hoping we all get through the holiday with minimal impact on the scale, and we all have lots of great moments with those we love
Old 12-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #28

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Love reading everyone's plans-I'm in awe of those who are sticking to their normal rotations
Well for me it's not a matter of the UP days cause they are falling in place with the rotation anyway. The hard part will be the DD in between with all the snack foods and pre-holiday meals and treats floating about. A single brownie could be the entire day's calories!!!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
Oh man, I really feel for you guys with so many days in a row of food-related events. That would be a challenge.
It works perfect when you're JUDDDing.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
12/17/12 Mon DD
12/18/12 Tue UD
12/19/12 Wed UD (wine tasting dinner)
12/20/12 Thu DD
12/21/12 Fri UD (DH's birthday--dinner out)
12/22/12 Sat DD (I hope)
12/23/12 Sun UD (Christmas dinner with in-laws)
12/24/12 Mon DD
12/25/12 Tues UD (Christmas with immediate family)
12/26/12 Wed DD
12/27/12 Thu UD (off from work, so this works)
12/28/12 Fri DD
12/29/12 Sat UD (dinner with my extended family)
12/30/12 Sun DD (I hope)
1/1/13 MON UD (off from work)

I usually plan my UD's on the days I will be home, to make it easier. I don't like to have 3 UD's in a row, but it happened last week and I managed to maintain, so hopefully I can do it again.

My biggest problems will be 12/22 and 12/30 when I'm home (although I'll be working in the morning on Sun 12/30, so that may help. We'll see how it goes.
And then limiting grains/sugar during the family dinners and UD's in general.