Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My feet had blown up to a size 8! I am happily and comfortable back in my 7's. I had to donate or throw out every pair of 8's cause I could not keep them on my feet for the life of me- some were pretty cute. I can truly enjoy my stelletos again and let me say I probably have more than any respectable 36 yr old should have, but I love rocking them again. (For all of you wondering about how that effects my back, DW asked the surgeon at my last visit and he said that the shoes in NO WAY were causing harm or contibuting to the pain I kinda wanted him to put it in writing so I could get it notarized since people are always giving me greif about the high heels). Yam- Yam, I'm glad you had a blast and enjoyed wearing your shoes!
They're just jealous!! I am looking forward to rocking some high heels, lol. My feet have "blown up" too! I'm wearing a 7.5 or 8 and I "normally" wear a 6.5. I put normally in quotes since it's been so long since I was normal size.

My feet have also gotten awful in the heel area. I have cracked heels! I've been dealing with this for years now, and use callous scrapers, etc. Is there anything pretty about being fat?!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-16-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
They're just jealous!! I am looking forward to rocking some high heels, lol. My feet have "blown up" too! I'm wearing a 7.5 or 8 and I "normally" wear a 6.5. I put normally in quotes since it's been so long since I was normal size.

My feet have also gotten awful in the heel area. I have cracked heels! I've been dealing with this for years now, and use callous scrapers, etc. Is there anything pretty about being fat?!
I'm still trying to figure it out... nope... not for me... it was not my best look. That and my goth phase when I was 16-19 yrs old... I dyed my hair blue/black and wore black lipstick adorn in black lace... ah... youth...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Not mine either, lol. I was pre-goth phase and tried to be a hippy long after the 70s had passed. It was not pretty either.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-16-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Peace be with you all.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You guys crack me up, and warm my heart. Amazing that we can come here and bare our innermost feelings and insecurities. And that we understand each other!

Yes to the feet blowing up - I'm back in shoes I had listed on Craigslist to sell, and glad they didn't sell. Yes yes yes to the dry, cracked heels - I find it easier to control this in the winter when I have shoes, heavy socks, or at home slippers on all the time. I am a barefoot girl in the summer when I'm home, and my feet suffer for it.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #66

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have been trying to get around to this thread for days but have had my lovely DD1 and her DH here.

I am pretty happy in this old skin of mine most of the time. Occasionally I have a bad moment but you know, I am ashamed when I feel that way. I am so fortunate to have got myself where I am now. I have no right to hate myself.

So I stand tall (5' 3") and tell myself to be thankful, and just a bit proud. I turned things around and look better that I did for so many years.

Also, I think Diatomaceous Earth is doing something amazing to my skin. It is smoother and more hydrated than I can recall. And I really think the age spots on my hands are fading... So thank you PJ.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I'd will ask for less wrinkles please!! Thank u
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
No
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
My answer to the original question is a resounding "hell, YEAH!"

But I sure didn't come out of the box that way. For about the first 20-some years of my life, I hated my poor round body like poison. And I thought that was ok. Not only ok, actually GOOD for me, like it was some kind of motivator. Poor, poor younger me...I wish I could whisper back over the last quarter century in my sadly deluded ear. I would say, "oh honey. Love every inch, fold, crease and cellulitic dimple on your judged and hated body. Love yourself the way you love everyone else--without judgement, criticism, and hoops to jump through. That there's a prayer in Hebrew praising god for including so much beautiful diversity in his/her creations, and that there are as many ways to be beautiful as there are ways to do art. That your body is the home of your spirit for this lifetime, and deserves to be unconditionally cherished because there really is no place like home...and that nothing good ever came from beating yourself up, for any reason."

My christmas wish for everyone on this forum (and in the whole wide world, for that matter) is that we all choose to find peace in our own skin, right now, as is, without having to change a single thing about ourselves...

patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post

But I sure didn't come out of the box that way. For about the first 20-some years of my life, I hated my poor round body like poison. And I thought that was ok. Not only ok, actually GOOD for me, like it was some kind of motivator. Poor, poor younger me...I wish I could whisper back over the last quarter century in my sadly deluded ear. I would say, "oh honey. Love every inch, fold, crease and cellulitic dimple on your judged and hated body. Love yourself the way you love everyone else--without judgement, criticism, and hoops to jump through. That there's a prayer in Hebrew praising god for including so much beautiful diversity in his/her creations, and that there are as many ways to be beautiful as there are ways to do art. That your body is the home of your spirit for this lifetime, and deserves to be unconditionally cherished because there really is no place like home...and that nothing good ever came from beating yourself up, for any reason."

My christmas wish for everyone on this forum (and in the whole wide world, for that matter) is that we all choose to find peace in our own skin, right now, as is, without having to change a single thing about ourselves...

patty
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! My heart needed to read this more than I can express.
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #71

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow Patty, great post. You should express this as its own thread, everyone here would benefit from reading your profound thoughts.

Thank you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:

patty
Well said, sister.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #73

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Patty, what a beautiful message! You are so right, we need to love ourselves as easily as we love others, and not be SO MUCH MORE critical of ourselves than anyone else.

There's really no place like home. I love that.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wow Patty, great post. You should express this as its own thread, everyone here would benefit from reading your profound thoughts.

Thank you.
Done! and thank you from the bottom of my not always so profound heart for the lovely feedback Cindy and others I can't name cause I haven't figured out how to go back and find them without losing what I just wrote, tee hee...
--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

patty
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Very inspirational and sweet, Patty. I think we all fall into that trap of self-criticism and think it's okay to judge ourselves harshly. Sometimes it takes very mindful thinking to get out of that trap and think positively, and it's something I want to remind myself to do every day. Thank you for your loving words.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Patty what a profound statment , i so loved reading it and am working on take it to heart , to love my self should never be such a challange , peace and love to you and to every one on this board~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
To the original question...definitely not comfortable in my own skin. Not even close. Last time, when I lost 50lbs I didn't make it to that point either. It has been a long time....about 15 years since I had the second of my three kids. After the first was born I did lose a little of the weight but had another fairly quickly. They are 19 months apart...after that I never really got back to comfortable being me.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote