Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
To those doing Low Carb JUDDD

I have a question for those doing JUDDD eating "low carb" (not necessarily low carb, IMHO, but limited grains/sugar).

When I was eating "low carb" (no flour/sugar except I would indulge in pasta or bread once a week), I found I could eat a ton of calories and maintain my weight.

For those of you who were eating low carb, and eating a lot of calories, when you are doing JUDDD did you still count calories on your "Up" days?

It basically means I would just have to eat more vegetables so that I wasn't using up my calories so quickly with meat and dairy, but I'm wondering if anyone was successful doing JUDDD, eating low carb and not counting Up day calories.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
My body is very resistent to weight loss, so, yes, I do count calories (and carbs, and protein grams) while doing JUDDD. I have never lost weight eating a ton of calories, was keeping my daily calories at around 1200 on low carb, and didn't lose much until I added protein limitation plus JUDDD to my lowcal/lowcarb approach. But anyone who loses weight more easily than me--which is practically everyone--may have a different experience.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
At the moment I do not count my UD calories. I just try to stay under 20g carbs. If I get to a point where I am stalled, then I will consider counting my UD calories. So far I am losing consistently, so I am not worried about it!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Considering going LC again after the holidays. Was totally resistant to the idea after switching to JUDDD, and in fact I see it as more LC/IF rather than JUDDD. However, I am not eating healthy and the fact that I *can* eat whatever I want on UD's has meant overindulging in junk and not eating balanced meals. That can't be healthy. Just considering it for now...
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seaofsand
Stats: 236/212/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 2014
I have stayed very LC with JUDDD because I am a diabetic. The only day I allow myself to eat anything I want is on a weekend UD when my husband is home. On my other UDs, I eat a lot of salad to fill me up, and that really helps. I do keep track of those UD calories because I want to do this plan correctly. And I have not had any trouble so far doing LC and sticking within my calorie range.

So far I find this WOE much easier than Atkins. On Atkins, I know I was overeating. I could eat all day, and even though I was eating very LC, the calories were stalling me. Now, I don't feel that out-of-control hunger. Plus, giving myself that one day to eat anything I want doesn't make me feel restricted in any way. I plan to continue what I'm doing for the foreseeable future because it's working well so far.

Last edited by seaofsand; 12-13-2012 at 07:11 PM..
seaofsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds like a doable plan, sea. I like the idea of eating whatever I want one day a week, even though I don't mind meats, cheeses and HWC on my UD's either.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seaofsand
Stats: 236/212/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That sounds like a doable plan, sea. I like the idea of eating whatever I want one day a week, even though I don't mind meats, cheeses and HWC on my UD's either.
I consider myself to be a food addict, and a bad one at that. Following the plan I listed up there has been working great for me. I highly recommend it! I do not feel deprived. Knowing that I have one day a week to satisfy my "bad" cravings makes me feel so much freer. Last weekend, I went a little crazy with my weekend UD and still lost a couple of pounds.
seaofsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I lose a bit then stall on LC. After much experimenting, I found I have to eat over/about 100 grams/carbs every day or I stall. I believe in it, so I still eat LC for a week every now and then - kind of treat it as a detox.

I think having a planned weekly UUAD is a great idea if the rotation is too stressful. Instead of being a stressful fail, it is an on-plan treat. So much healthier psychologically!

Some people have to count UD cals from day one (I had to, to make sure I was eating enough). Some people reach goal without ever counting UDs. Some people lose for awhile, then reach a level of balance and have to start counting.

Isn't metabolism wonderful?
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
My fiancé and I are going to combine the JUDDD with low carb after the holidays--We were going to try going back to Atkins with the rotations, but that one UUAD day sounds real nice if it gets too tough!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
I am very CARB-PHOBIC!!! I have tried 2 different times to add carbs and I get bouncy-bouncy weight gain & retention, plus my body feels bloated/heavy. I have also noticed recently that artificial sweeteners do not agree with me in large quantities...major stalls. Perhaps down the road when I reach my final goal weight/maintenance...I will try the carbs again.
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I'm starting to add carbs back in to my diet, but plan on keeping them under 100g a day. I'm a diabetic so I'll be eating to my meter, and don't ever see a time when sugar will be back in my life, or when bread will be a daily occurrence. But so far it hasn't stalled my weight loss with JUDDD!

I've read those who eat vlc have about a 300 caloric advantage over a typical diet. But if you're losing on UD's without counting, no need to change anything right? If you stall, maybe stick to those UD numbers you get from the calculator and add 300?
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not necessarily considering LC for weight loss. I am considering it for health reasons, because with no carb restriction I am definitely not using it to eat more fruits and veggies, lol.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jentastic
Stats: 225/160(2007) 208/204/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/02/2013
Noob alert!

What is UUAD?
Jentastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
I'm not necessarily considering LC for weight loss. I am considering it for health reasons, because with no carb restriction I am definitely not using it to eat more fruits and veggies, lol.
It's a hard one isn't it, to have unrestricted access to all kinds of foods? I'm hoping what everyone says about JUDDD being healing will prove true. I'd love to be able to eat certain foods in moderation and not turn into a rampaging cookie beast when I have one.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentastic View Post
Noob alert!

What is UUAD?
Up, Up, and Away Day. Not recommended too often, but boy can they be fun.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am lc, but have slowly been switching it up to a bit more in safe starches. I have never followed Atkins, but figured out by process of elimination that I don't seem to tolerate bread or sugar. I almost seem to have a hangover on DD, when I eat either of the two.

The only sweet treats that I allow myself on UD is an occasional dark chocolate or some high fat Greek Yogurt sweetened with stevia/erithytol. However, every single weekend, I allow myself a higher DD (750) and one FD which is an UD that I don't count. I think this helps me JUDDD better and doesn't cause me to avoid friend/family invitations.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I lose a bit then stall on LC. After much experimenting, I found I have to eat over/about 100 grams/carbs every day or I stall. I believe in it, so I still eat LC for a week every now and then - kind of treat it as a detox.

I think having a planned weekly UUAD is a great idea if the rotation is too stressful. Instead of being a stressful fail, it is an on-plan treat. So much healthier psychologically!

Some people have to count UD cals from day one (I had to, to make sure I was eating enough). Some people reach goal without ever counting UDs. Some people lose for awhile, then reach a level of balance and have to start counting.

Isn't metabolism wonderful?
I don't usually go over my UD calories, it's just that I eat a lot of junk instead of "real" food. If I plan one day to eat whatever I want, I wouldn't necessarily plan a UUAD.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
At the moment I do not count my UD calories. I just try to stay under 20g carbs. If I get to a point where I am stalled, then I will consider counting my UD calories. So far I am losing consistently, so I am not worried about it!
Oh, I am so glad to hear of it! This has been my main concern--having to suddenly start counting calories on a regular day; particularly when I am used to eating a good number of them when not adding in starches or sugar.

I will be starting this routine in January and will post my results. I have too many up days in a row scheduled around Christmas--it just isn't going to work until after then.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
Yeah I am getting pretty swamped with Christmas/Holiday get-togethers the last few days...I love the Christmas season, but at the same time, I can't wait until it is over so my rotations stay more consistent!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote