Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   just baked sugar cookies on a DD... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791341-just-baked-sugar-cookies-dd.html)

tooraloora 12-13-2012 08:50 AM

just baked sugar cookies on a DD...

without eating any of the dough :jumpjoy:

now, I did sample some last night when I made the dough... and some of the chocolate chip cookie dough truffle center stuff (yet to be dipped in chocolate)... to cap off an UD.

but normally when I roll and cut cookies, many of the scraps end up down the hatch, so this is a minor miracle... there was one tsp. left at the very very end, and I put it in the fridge... for tomorrow!

loving JUDDD during a time of year when traditionally I have stuffed my gub and ended up with the gut to show for it :sick::o:cry:

will finish my truffles and ice my sugar cookies tomorrow, planning for a little tasting on an UD... then just triple ginger cookies and cracker-toffee-chocolate crack to go. :yummy:

LoCarbGal 12-13-2012 08:56 AM

Wow, Toora! You are my idol! Now that is some willpower. You :sing:!

sungoddess 12-13-2012 08:59 AM

You should add this to the NSV thread because it truly is a non-scale victory!! I have also baked on a DD without eating the goods, and I think it is a monumental achievement.

That is the beauty of JUDDD. We can just save those luscious cookie dough scrapes and eat them the next day. There is always tomorrow!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

purepink 12-13-2012 09:54 AM

I agree with LCG - you are impressive, girl!!

TryingJudd 12-13-2012 09:55 AM

AND I want the recipes - sounds amazing!!

Deen73 12-13-2012 02:48 PM

Ha ha ha -- you're my idol! I'll be doing a lot of baking tomorrow for a holiday party at my house this weekend. It'll be a DD and I'm wondering how I'm going to do... I'm so used to tasting! Well, we shall see -- I'm motivated, but it may end up a MD. ;)

Eieio 12-13-2012 03:25 PM

Cookies! Sounds great!
U are strong!
The smell in the house would hypnotize me.
I have to wait to bake.
I baked plain potatoes in the oven this morning for a Luncheon.
The house smelled so good. Plain potatoes! So I can't bake cookies yet! Omg.

tooraloora 12-13-2012 03:58 PM

thanks guys... :)

here is the truffle recipe...
Cookie Dough Truffles | Annie's Eats

and the ginger cookies (really spicy, if you like ginger, molasses, omgosh these are soooooo good, and made with oil, so less saturated fat!)...
Recipe Details

svenskamae 12-13-2012 04:01 PM

You'll be my role model tonight. :notwrthy: I have to make some relatively high calorie, high fat dips (feta plus sundried tomatoes and olives, cream cheese plus smoked salmon) tonight, to bring in to a workplace party tomorrow. It's going to be a challenge not to lick the spoon and food processor container after I put the dips into containers--but I am going to remember what you did and put them right into the dishwasher, since it's a down day for me!

sdjade 12-13-2012 04:47 PM

:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:

TryingJudd 12-13-2012 07:41 PM

YUM - I know what I will be making this weekend - BUT on an UD!!!

calichris 12-14-2012 12:46 AM

I love that you saved the scrap for the next day! That was genius. :) Congratulations!

I made cupcakes for a bake sale this week using a new homemade icing recipe, and I had committed to a potato-only day so I couldn't taste it. I had my son taste it to tell me if it was good, and then I had an extra cupcake for breakfast the day the potato thing was over. :rofl:

angie1 12-14-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooraloora (Post 16135200)

here is the truffle recipe...
Cookie Dough Truffles | Annie's Eats

ohhhh myyyyyyy :yummy::yummy: ....send some my way lol.

CONGRATS on not eating any!!! That is a huge NSV!!:jumpjoy: