Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatinaZ25
DD day 2 and a question....

Hi everyone!

I'm about to start my 2nd DD today. I have off from work today and I've got some errands to run but plan on making crock pot cabbage soup for my DD dinner. YUMMY!!

My question is that I notice that some of you are eating below 500-600 cal on your DD. is that something I should be working towards? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed my UD yesterday. Had homemade tacos. So gooooddddd!!!!!!

Thanks!

Katina
KatinaZ25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinaZ25 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm about to start my 2nd DD today. I have off from work today and I've got some errands to run but plan on making crock pot cabbage soup for my DD dinner. YUMMY!!

My question is that I notice that some of you are eating below 500-600 cal on your DD. is that something I should be working towards? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed my UD yesterday. Had homemade tacos. So gooooddddd!!!!!!

Thanks!

Katina
Starting out for the first couple weeks Dr. Johnson recommends keeping your DDs at around 500 calories, to ease into the plan. However, after you get comfortable with DDs you can go to his website and use the calculator there to figure out what your maximum weight loss DD calorie allotment is (I think the formula is like 20% of your UD number? ). Now, not everyone does this-some stick with 500 calories and some even chose a higher number than that for their DDs. You just need to play around with the numbers and see what works for you
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I have never eaten below 500c. I simply cannot function if I do. I have tried and tried. My brain/body doesn't work. So, I typically eat between 500-600c. You should do what works best for you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #4

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Good luck heading into DD2! You're really doing it!

Sara nailed it in her comment. That's what I did. I stayed at 500 for a couple of months, and when my losses slowed a bit, I tried sticking closer to my calculated 20% weight loss number. Keeping my UD number high though, for now.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2yorkies
Stats: 195.8/142/?? age 57 - 5'2
WOE: lo cal-lo carb....now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/18/12...JUDDD - 12/10/12
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Katina
Hi Katina!

This is my 2nd DD too!

I'm eating around 250 calories on my DDs, but that's because I've been eating very low calorie (about 500-600) for the last 9 months. I figure my body is so used to 500 calories a day that I should keep it much lower than that for my rotations.

If not for that, I would do it as written at first.

Peggy
2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I'm not normal (LOL!), I am a month in now and have never had more than 350 cals on a down day yet. Normally I'm around 250. I didn't start out thinking that's what I'd do, but my body got super hungry when I tried to eat on DDs, so I started fasting and just having coffee or sf/ff lattes/mochas if I needed something. It's better now. I can add in a small chili or something and not be famished afterwards. Just do what you need to while getting started! You'll figure out what's best for you really quick! KUDOS!!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
It all about finding what feels best and works best for you.

After the rigor of most weight loss WOEs, JUDDD's freedom really takes some getting used to, doesn't it?

And, of course, the part about something comes up and you eat waaaaay over your planned DD calories one day not being a failure or reason to feel guilty - just another of life's little celebrations. Well, that sounds good in theory...but it is completely the first time you live it (and, at the end of the week, still lose).
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2yorkies
Stats: 195.8/142/?? age 57 - 5'2
WOE: lo cal-lo carb....now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/18/12...JUDDD - 12/10/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I'm not normal (LOL!), I am a month in now and have never had more than 350 cals on a down day yet. Normally I'm around 250. I didn't start out thinking that's what I'd do, but my body got super hungry when I tried to eat on DDs, so I started fasting and just having coffee or sf/ff lattes/mochas if I needed something. It's better now. I can add in a small chili or something and not be famished afterwards. Just do what you need to while getting started! You'll figure out what's best for you really quick! KUDOS!!!!
I'm in the not normal club too!

Peggy
2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
The calculator gives me 367 calories at 20% IIRC, so I try to stay under that. Dr. J says a full fast is preferable but most of us won't/can't do that, so that's why we get SOME calories to play with.

As others have mentioned, you just need to find what works for you. Some never go below 500, some stay even higher, and others fully fast. This plan is infinitely customizable.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Also, one of the suggestions/tips I've read on here says to try and keep 1,000 calories between your UDs and DDs, so your body will be adequately "tricked" into not thinking you are on a diet.
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatinaZ25
Thank you all!! I appreciate the responses. The calculator told me to stick to 690 so I'm trying to stay below that. I'm definitely more than 1,000 calories from my UD and DD, though. Today so far I've only had 210 calories. I'm going to have cabbage soup for dinner (170 cal) and a sugar free chocolate pudding for a snack (70 cal) later.

Katina
KatinaZ25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Thank you all!! I appreciate the responses. The calculator told me to stick to 690 so I'm trying to stay below that. I'm definitely more than 1,000 calories from my UD and DD, though. Today so far I've only had 210 calories. I'm going to have cabbage soup for dinner (170 cal) and a sugar free chocolate pudding for a snack (70 cal) later.

Katina
690 sounds quite high for DD calories. Most of us are in the 200 - 300 range, but still eat around 500. That has worked for me the whole time. I try for less, but somehow seem to go over.

I am below the goal I set, but will try to lose a bit more after the holidays. We have too much company and pleasant things to attend at the moment. I am enjoying them all and not gaining, so all is good!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote