Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   This is an exciting day or us. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/791274-exciting-day-us.html)

Eieio 12-12-2012 10:20 AM

This is an exciting day or us.

My h and I have been working on plans for 3 months for today's activities to start at the farm.
Today our fountain is being dig/built for a Greenhouse. So excited.
I've been day dreaming of having winter tomatoes, with our girls(hens)
Eggs.
Now if we just knew of a farmer with a pig.
Think we could do some bartering!
The greenhouse is being delivered tmw. SUPPOSEDLY, it's had a few hiccups getting here.
It's a kit. Ordered it from BC Greenhouse.
Kissa and others may no the business?
Business address says Surrey, BC.
Ei

KeirasMom 12-12-2012 10:56 AM

Sounds like you're in for some real fun! Enjoy!

cici52 12-12-2012 11:00 AM

What a great holiday present for yourselves. Enjoy!

svenskamae 12-12-2012 12:36 PM

Sounds great--and like you'll be having some very healthy food from it. What are you planting? Are you doing any flowers along with the veggies?

I'm a little jealous; my urban yard is tiny. I'm thinking of doing a plot for veggies in a communal urban farm area a few blocks from me next summer. I miss fresh-from-the-garden ripe tomatoes. (I grew up in the countryside.)

cici52 12-12-2012 12:43 PM

Also missing gardening. No place to do it here. Maybe will work something out by next season.

gotsomeold 12-12-2012 06:11 PM

A few houses and a lot of decades ago I had a greenhouse. Everyone I worked with loved it because they got all the leftover veggies and fruits and flowers and plants. You can't tell from my photo, but my thumbs are bright green.

EI! This is wonderful news! I hope you enjoy your new greenhouse very very soon!!!

Carly 12-12-2012 06:23 PM

Ooooh, have fun! I 'd have tons of fresh herbs, basil, cilantro, thyme, etc...

Flutter 12-12-2012 06:55 PM

OH you lucky, lucky Ei!!!! Sounds lovely!

LoCarbGal 12-12-2012 09:53 PM

That's really exciting, Ei! I'd love to try a greenhouse.

I wish I could grow stuff. I basically kill anything green. The exception is a tomato patch I had for a few years in my backyard. I had bumper crops every year and they were goooooood. My dog loved them too, and would sneak into the patch and chomp on them right there hanging on the vine. She did have good taste, that dog!

Shari4 12-12-2012 10:24 PM

Oh what fun, Ei!! :jumpjoy: Keep us posted on what you plant? We have a garden each year; but, it depends on how bad the drought is as to what we grow. I have chickens, too! I tell people that my chickens make me breakfast!! :laugh: Enjoy yourself, even tho it will be alot of work!

KeirasMom 12-13-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16133702)
That's really exciting, Ei! I'd love to try a greenhouse.

I wish I could grow stuff. I basically kill anything green. The exception is a tomato patch I had for a few years in my backyard. I had bumper crops every year and they were goooooood. My dog loved them too, and would sneak into the patch and chomp on them right there hanging on the vine. She did have good taste, that dog!

Are we related? I kill absolutely everything! I love tomatoes and want to grow some, but I'm sure they'd wither to nothing. :o

LoCarbGal 12-13-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16134281)
Are we related? I kill absolutely everything! I love tomatoes and want to grow some, but I'm sure they'd wither to nothing. :o

Very possibly! I'm so bad I've worried about my green couch! :hyst:

Shari4 12-13-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16134309)
Very possibly! I'm so bad I've worried about my green couch! :hyst:

:hyst::hyst:

Eieio 12-13-2012 01:26 PM

YES! Hope to grow ALL THOSE THINGS! And start flowers.

I have to admit though. I DON'T HAVE A GREEN THUMB.
Not even a light shade of green, pout.
But I'm always growing something. And totally surprised when it grows.
But I was raised puling weeds in parents garden.
I've read the main thing, or one of the main problems we may have to deal with is, mold. Mold on our plants.
Spraying water down vinegar on the plants will help supposedly!
So we will see.
I hope to have be grow red and yellow bell peppers!
We have a few small tropical trees that will be living In the g house. I SO hope so!
P Allen Smith taught me that the seed we are to buy for greenhouse growing are different seeds than normally buy for grown out side. I didnt no. SO much I don't no! Suppose to buy tomatoes that resist splitting. One he said was A plant called Balcony tomato. It's a small tomato though, like a patio size.
THANKs guys for being excited with me. The green house kits has been delivered!
I haveN't gotten to see it yet. it's at my hubby's work place. But at least it's hear home now.. iI you have inf to share I'd love it. Ei

sdjade 12-13-2012 03:49 PM

That's awesome, Ei! You need to post some pics when you have it up and running!