Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
JUDDD Magic in the Magic Kingdom -- but discouraging Weigh-in :(

Hi, everybody -- well, after a semi-successful first week (down .8 lbs -- but approaching TOM) I had a great weekend. Kept up with rotations -- (well, had one MD, but that was only because I wanted to switch up my days) and I felt SO good. Got to go to Disney with my family and do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party and I couldn't believe how much energy I had! Usually theme parks wear me out but I just felt great -- according to my Ipod pedometer, we walked 6 miles that night -- and I could've walked more. I kept joking with my husband that we should jog on the way out... and I could've! So, I got my first taste of JUDDD magic, and it was awesome!

HOWEVER... when I got home I thought I was going to have an amazing weigh-in. Seriously, I felt so light, I was just coming off a down day and I had been swimming and walking miles both days of the weekend.

Up 2 lbs.

What?!? Also, I've actually begun TOM, so normally I'm dropping the water-weight by now. I just don't know what's wrong. I am so dissapointed -- because this WOE is so do-able for me and feels so good. I could ACTUALLY see myself sticking to this -- forever. But, now I'm worried that it's just not going to work for me with the PCOS, and that I'm just going to keep on gaining. Or worse, have to go back on the pill to see results (which makes me feel like the walking dead. The cranky walking dead. )

I'm still hopeful... but worried now.
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for the double-post -- not sure why it happened. Also, if anyone knows how to delete -- let me know, because I don't! lol
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
First of all, Deen...I am so jealous that you went to Disneyland! A lot of people think I am nuts, but I love it there. We bought annual passes late last year and went down three times within the year. We had such a blast each time!

When I read your post I thought about non scale victories and how wonderful it was that you had so much energy while you zoomed around the parks. That in itself is a biggie!

The scales are never going to be exactly how we think they should be. I know they aren't for me. But if we are patient and focus on the other great benefits of JUDDD besides just the scales, in time the number will catch up with our expectations...just not as fast as we would like.

I bet if you measured you'd find inches lost. The good of JUDDD comes in many different forms.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Deen - congratulations for feeling so great and all that energy! What a wonderful change, right?

Regarding your being up 2 pounds, please don't worry about that. With all the walking you did, plus your increased excercise recently, you're most certainly gaining muscle, and may even be retaining water due to the increased activity. Give it some time to settle in, and I'll just bet you're headed for a nice whoosh really soon!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Throw that scale away!!!!!

You feel amazing, light and full of energy (im guessing your clothes feel better too)--- that means so much more than a few pounds up or down on the scale.

Keep up the good work!! and I am positive the scale will follow shortly

Sounds like a fabulous time at Disney Land!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Deen you are doing wonderfully well and mustn't let the scale get you down. I am certain that a you will soon see the losses you deserve.

Your body is clearly thriving on JUDDD and I bet your clothes are fitting better. Do you have some goal pants or similar to help you judge how your body is changing. If you haven't measured yet, please do so. There a so many others ways to tell how well JUDDD is working.

Keep smiling.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Deen

Don't panic yet. Your body is still in flux from changing WOEs and, as LCG says, you added a lot of wonderful, fun exercise. Which can mean both muscle changes and hydration changes.

Time will tell if JUDDD is right for you. BUT it is not time to despair yet. Really, it is not.

Other people can and do bounce up after unusual events/eating/exercise...especially at first. You are not alone and JUDDD has not failed you.

Really.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-11-2012 at 02:35 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I'm using bold font (if I knew how )[/B][/I][/B]BOLD AGREEING
WITH EVERY RESPONSE GIVEN TO SO GO FAR!!
Since u felt great, felt light, and alive!!
Especially like the>>> toss those scales and measure<<<< Please
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
did you fly? I am always up a few after flying--it will leave soon--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
One week is not long enough to judge any WOE, at least not in lbs lost. You have already posted many great benefits, so that's a major plus, isn't it?! I have gone up and down all month since I started JUDDD and I know it's frustrating, but let's stick this out. All we need to do to measure whether this WOE works is to look around. These JUDDDers are rocking it!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I hope that you won't give up because the one thing I see here reading all these posts is...the scales don't show big losses for everyone, at first...but..it seems like after a few weeks something kicks in and people do start losing...I don't know how many times a day I look at that quote on Librarygal's page that says.. don't give up on your dreams...the time will pass anyway..and I know from life..that is so true..and saying that really helps me...if you can come on here and post about it and ask questions I think you will see that everyone has frustrating days and times..but they stay with it..and are being successful.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
hang in there. The energy and feeling great is more valuable than a 2lb bounce that is likely water weight. Commit to giving JUDDD a solid month. Try to do as many clean rotations as possible and then evaluate. Also TOM is tricky- that water weight doesn't always come off at the beginning. Did you say you just went off the pill???? I can only imagine how that could effect things...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

You guys are so awesome - thank you, this is just what I need to hear.
I absolutely know there is truth in it. Oh, and no, I didn't have to fly
To get to Disney because I live in Florida. so, yep -- gonna keep going
And no more of those bcp's. I swear, I can feel the horrible things they're doing
To me. Even just maintaining on Juddd will be so worth it if I can get
Off of them permanently. Sorry for the random caps - quirk of my iPod.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
The great JB before me have already taken care of the great advice. I just wanted to ask you about the pedometer on your ipod. I used to use an app and didn't think it was all that great. I would put a regular pedometer in my pocket and they never matched up. Where we walk (way out in the country) the miles are pretty accurately marked by the road signs and we have driven the routes and checked with our car, also. Anyway, I have a fitbit now; but I almost always bring my ipod touch on long walks for the music. Which app are you using?

We went to Florida in late October and averaged about 7.5 miles for each day at the theme parks. Well, one of the days it was only 5; but we went later and left earlier that day.

To echo everyone else...just relax and give JUDDD some more time. It can work for you, too. I have PCOS and I am down almost 40lbs. Carly is down even more and she is another cyster, if I am remembering correctly.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I'm using bold font (if I knew how )[/B][/I][/B]BOLD AGREEING
WITH EVERY RESPONSE GIVEN TO SO GO FAR!!
Since u felt great, felt light, and alive!!
Especially like the>>> toss those scales and measure<<<< Please
Ei

Eieio, for bold you can also just highlight the text you want in bold, and click on the B above the area where you type.

To do it manually, you need to type a B in straight parentheses, then type your sentence, then a /B in straight parentheses at the end of what you want in bold. I can't show you because it keeps making it bold!
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Hi, everybody -- well, after a semi-successful first week (down .8 lbs -- but approaching TOM) I had a great weekend. Kept up with rotations -- (well, had one MD, but that was only because I wanted to switch up my days) and I felt SO good. Got to go to Disney with my family and do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party and I couldn't believe how much energy I had! Usually theme parks wear me out but I just felt great -- according to my Ipod pedometer, we walked 6 miles that night -- and I could've walked more. I kept joking with my husband that we should jog on the way out... and I could've! So, I got my first taste of JUDDD magic, and it was awesome!

HOWEVER... when I got home I thought I was going to have an amazing weigh-in. Seriously, I felt so light, I was just coming off a down day and I had been swimming and walking miles both days of the weekend.

Up 2 lbs.

What?!? Also, I've actually begun TOM, so normally I'm dropping the water-weight by now. I just don't know what's wrong. I am so dissapointed -- because this WOE is so do-able for me and feels so good. I could ACTUALLY see myself sticking to this -- forever. But, now I'm worried that it's just not going to work for me with the PCOS, and that I'm just going to keep on gaining. Or worse, have to go back on the pill to see results (which makes me feel like the walking dead. The cranky walking dead. )

I'm still hopeful... but worried now.
Deen, I think you will see losses over time--I can't remember everything I read in the book, but I do remember Dr. Johnson stating we should only weigh once a week, and then only after a down day. From what I have seen on this forum, a lot of people see fluctuations in their weight before a weight loss. It is also possible that you added some muscle mass, and later you will see the scale decline from fat loss.

Glad you had a wonderful time (we were there this summer and it was magical!) and I hope you see some loss soon!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thank uuuu ok testing

[QUOTE=garnet10;16132003]Eieio, for bold you can also just highlight the text you want in bold, and click on the B above the area where you type.

To do it manually, you need to type a B in [B][/Bour sentence, then a /B in straight parentheses at the end of what you want in bold. I can't show you because it keeps making it bold!
[B] happy kitty [B]
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

There's my answer...smile
Thanks granet10 for trying
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiiifit View Post
The great JB before me have already taken care of the great advice. I just wanted to ask you about the pedometer on your ipod. I used to use an app and didn't think it was all that great. I would put a regular pedometer in my pocket and they never matched up. Where we walk (way out in the country) the miles are pretty accurately marked by the road signs and we have driven the routes and checked with our car, also. Anyway, I have a fitbit now; but I almost always bring my ipod touch on long walks for the music. Which app are you using?

To echo everyone else...just relax and give JUDDD some more time. It can work for you, too. I have PCOS and I am down almost 40lbs. Carly is down even more and she is another cyster, if I am remembering correctly.
Yes, I have PCOS and I've lost almost 55 pounds on JUDDD since 3/28/12!
Hang in there. If JUDDD worked for me it can work for ANYONE! I have a whole lot of strikes against me when it come to losing weight including a sleepwalk eating issue and seriously limited physical activity due to a fused spine and severe arthritis. I just do as Cindy's signature says.. Relax, rotate, rejoice, reduce... Or something like that!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

That is so encouraging to me, Carly -- really, it is. You know what -- even if I don't lose another pound on JUDDD, just maintaining my weight (and managing my PCOS) without having to be on the pill will be worth it. Sure, I'd love to see big losses, but I keep telling myself that ANY loss at all is just icing on the cake. My real goal is simply no gain, and no bcp -- so when I'm on here whining about not losing, you gals can remind me that I said that!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #21

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
The scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT! If you feel that great, I would take that as indication you are doing GREAT!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Can I just say, I am SO glad I listened to all of you wise women. :P I weighed this morning -- down 3.3 lbs. So, yes, clearly I'm going to have to get used to the bounce and teach myself not to panic. Especially around TOM -- and I should know better. Thing is, I think there is a lot of fear that goes along with PCOS, or at least I know there is for me -- but maybe some of the Cysters can relate. When you've seen a weight gain of 20, 30 or even 40 lbs in just a matter of a few short months (and you don't know why) -- I know it made me feel that my body and weight was really out of my control. That, basically, without the help of hormonal intervention, I was just going to become more and more obese. I never even dared let myself HOPE that I could achieve a normal weight without that intervention.

Well, now I am hoping. It seems too good to be true that there could be a way for me to lose the extra weight AND feel good at the same time -- but I'm starting to let myself believe it. You guys are so awesome -- JUDDD is so awesome. I may just be getting my life back. I'm crying now, you guys... so happy.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiiifit View Post

Wiiiifit, I'm just using a free app -- let's see, the only name it seems to have is Pedometer GPS + (although, I'm not real sure how the GPS part is supposed to work once you get out of wifi range). From what I can tell, it's basically just counting steps. I agree with it being less than 100% accurate -- my husband and I walk roughly the same route every night, and it always gives us a different distance! So, yeah, I probably need a better one... lol
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #24

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Can I just say, I am SO glad I listened to all of you wise women. :P I weighed this morning -- down 3.3 lbs. So, yes, clearly I'm going to have to get used to the bounce and teach myself not to panic. Especially around TOM -- and I should know better. Thing is, I think there is a lot of fear that goes along with PCOS, or at least I know there is for me -- but maybe some of the Cysters can relate. When you've seen a weight gain of 20, 30 or even 40 lbs in just a matter of a few short months (and you don't know why) -- I know it made me feel that my body and weight was really out of my control. That, basically, without the help of hormonal intervention, I was just going to become more and more obese. I never even dared let myself HOPE that I could achieve a normal weight without that intervention.

Well, now I am hoping. It seems too good to be true that there could be a way for me to lose the extra weight AND feel good at the same time -- but I'm starting to let myself believe it. You guys are so awesome -- JUDDD is so awesome. I may just be getting my life back. I'm crying now, you guys... so happy.
This is SO great to hear! I have to tell myself "just stick with it" during the month too. The TOM gain and stall are infuriating, but I'm getting the hang of it I think. I'm so glad you're sticking with it with us! And reaping the rewards!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Quote:

Aww, Deen Such a sweet post.. considering the effects you were feeling during your trip, I'd say you are well on your way! Also, CONGRATS on the 3.3 lbs!
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Deen: You brought tears to my eyes! Yay on those 3.3 pounds kicked to the curb! Congratulations, sweetie! KUTGW!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #27

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, how lovely is that! It is good to see you realising that this really will work for you. Let the journey continue.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Happy Dance for Deen!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Deen- I have had a great experience losing on JUDDD, but I must say that my highly irregular cycle is now off the wall! For the last 5 months TOM was getting further and further apart and now for the last 6 weeks I've had it 3x more on than off it seems. Some of my JUDDD buds who are more into the research have said JUDDD can make TOM a little "wonky". I will tell you that I really have no clue when it will show up so I'm always prepared all the time if you know what I mean... (a liner on at all times and a purse full of supplies.)

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Deen ... I meant to write before that I was just sure you'd be having a whoosh coming! Congratulations on your 3.3 pounds AND for feeling great at Disneyland! Just want to add that I'm another PCOS person who's lost 35 pounds on JUDDD since July, and I've been low carb only on down days. This WOE is aMAZing.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote