Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
anyone doing juddd and lc together?

I started Juddd awhile ago and tried giving up on LC....well I had a few good down days and then fell completely off the wagon. I think I am gonna have to go back to LC along with JUddd to keep my appetite and cravings under control. I believe JUDDD works and I envy those of you who can eat more carbs and still stay in control!!!
Anyway today is day 1 back on track...a LC UD and tomorrow will be a LC dd. Wish me luck!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
deborahlh- I have re-started JUDD for the 3rd time few days ago and this time I am really committing to keeping it low carbs (max 30 gr on UD- only from veggies for the time being). I have failed horribly with my first 2 tries because I have added fruits and my appetite went through the roof and I completely had to give up JUDD as I was eating tons of calories and carbs. I seem to be very carb sensitive, I guess. Good luck to you and me
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yes, I do. I do still allow a few carbs (sweet potatoes, avocado, & berries) more than I previously did, but keep the overall number lower than many Juddders. I can't have sugar or grains without paying a price on DD w/ either hunger or general blah. My numbers on UD are usually around 50-75 gr.

Last edited by sunday; 12-10-2012 at 02:46 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
I started Juddd awhile ago and tried giving up on LC....well I had a few good down days and then fell completely off the wagon. I think I am gonna have to go back to LC along with JUddd to keep my appetite and cravings under control. I believe JUDDD works and I envy those of you who can eat more carbs and still stay in control!!!
Anyway today is day 1 back on track...a LC UD and tomorrow will be a LC dd. Wish me luck!
Hi Deborah

I just wanted to wish you good luck!!! You will do great!!!

I am one of those that has to be on a LC WOE. I have tried many, many times to incorporate carbs in to my WOE...but my body screams...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have come to realize that in order to lose weight (or NOT gain!), I must be on a very severe calorie restricted diet and/or LC WOE. Oh, how I wish and long for carbs

I have lost weight many times...I once weighed 411 lbs., lost 231 lbs....only to re-gain back to 291...which was my end of 2011 year weight. I made goal this past Nov. at 175 lbs. by hHCG, which is a very low calorie/low carb 500 cal. diet daily. It was fairly easy for me...but I struggle with maintaining every time I lose. Unfortunately, I am realizing that my JUDDD rotations (at max weight loss level...361/1862), are not netting me a lot of weight loss yet...but they are keeping me perfectly maintained...so very happy about that. When I drop my DD/UD calories...I lose for the week. But, I know that losses can take a month or more to kick in, per se...so I am keeping on!!!! I have even tried 1200/day calorie-cutting, and I didn't lose an ounce for 3 weeks Most people lose tons on 1200 cals...not me! But put me on a low carb diet w/o calorie restrictions...I lose 2-3 lbs. a week!!!

Anyway...lots of luck!!! Give it some time...don't sweat the bounces...they happen

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Deborah - I did LC and JUDDD together and lost 30ish pounds fairly quick (like 2.5 months). It was a great combo for me. I'm working on getting back on track after a few months of bad eating, but eventually plan to restart LC and JUDDD. I highly recommend the combo. For me, I ate 20 carbs or less and kept the same LC foods in my rotation as I did with Atkins. I just ate less every other day. GL!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I started out doing both, but then decided to ease up on the low carb part. However, I still keep it pretty low carb and avoid things like pastas, breads etc. Those things cause me to bloat horribly. I did splurge on a bagel this weekend and it's the first time I've had one in months. It was but I won't have one again for a few months lol. The great thing about JUDDD is you have the wiggle room to do either-so you don't feel guilty if you do have some carbs as a treat I've found that I don't even really crave them like I used to-I think mentally if someone (a woe) is telling me I 'can't' eat something, I'm drawn to it more. Now I can take or leave carbs and that's a great place to be at

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-10-2012 at 02:57 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Deborah, I hope this is the tweak that will make it work for you. I'm going to just join in here as I also fell off the JUDDD wagon because of too many carbs/junk. Took time to do some internal healing. Spent a few weeks on the NK board getting help to get LC (I did not come from LC originally) and today am doing my first DD NK style.

We can do this, ladies.

Last edited by cici52; 12-10-2012 at 03:25 PM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

First...Cici what's the NK board???

THANKS guys for the support!
I guess we each have to find the right combo that works for us.
I love love love hearing about your successes...it gives me so much hope.
Everyone in my life thinks i'm crazy to be restarting right before the holiday BUT I can't let myself gain another 5 lbs and blame it on the holidays.
We can do this!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Welcome Deborah

On dd I stay away from breads-crackers that stuff.
On up days I dabble if I want. If pizza's on my mind for dinner.
I'm haven pizza!
With lots of salad. I try not to go to wild.
Being only on lc diet....i couldn't stand not having a cracker once in awhile! That's just wrong!
I confess eating certain carbs - bread, yum rolls. I just say no. Plain and simple.
I'm glad your here.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
On dd I stay away from breads-crackers that stuff.
On up days I dabble if I want. If pizza's on my mind for dinner.
I'm haven pizza!
With lots of salad. I try not to go to wild.
Being only on lc diet....i couldn't stand not having a cracker once in awhile! That's just wrong!
I confess eating certain carbs - bread, yum rolls. I just say no. Plain and simple.
I'm glad your here.
Welcome,eieio!
Quote:
First...Cici what's the NK board???

THANKS guys for the support!
I guess we each have to find the right combo that works for us.
I love love love hearing about your successes...it gives me so much hope.
Everyone in my life thinks i'm crazy to be restarting right before the holiday BUT I can't let myself gain another 5 lbs and blame it on the holidays.
We can do this!!!!
NK = Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb - Low Carb Friends
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I thought I needed to continue doing LC, but after today's success and eating all the carbs I've wanted throughout this month, I feel fine. The only food I've had today was a baked potato (shell) and it filled me up. On UD's I've been surprised to find that I can have a candy bar or chips (not the big grab bag like I've been eating!, lol) and it barely affects my overall numbers. It takes experimenting, I guess. Regardless, LC can be very satisfying and luxurioius!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm doing lowcarb/moderate protein/high fat (primal style, very clean) on my up days and doing lowcarb/moderate protein/a bit of fat on my down days. I've occasionally let myself eat something a tiny bit carbier than I was eating before--1 baby carrot, some V-8 juice--on JUDDD, but my net carbs are always under 30/day. I started doing lowcarb in January 2012 and like how I feel eating that way, so I'm just continuing it on JUDDD.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I've been sticking to low-carb since I started JUDD two weeks ago, or at least that was the plan. But a few trips to restaurants where I wanted to try the dessert or the breaded chicken, and I had two UD's that were definitely not low-carb. I was surprised to find I was still losing and my blood sugar seemed to be okay.

So tonight, grocery shopping, I picked up some bran flakes and some sweet potatoes. Going to try and reintroduce these on UD's and see what happens. I like the low-carb lifestyle, but I hated having to restrict veggies and other things in order to lose weight, and I still have about 50 pounds to go before goal so I can't eat at the maintenance level of Atkins. I'm hoping a moderate carb + JUDD woe is the solution.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have lost weight many times...I once weighed 411 lbs., lost 231 lbs....only to re-gain back to 291...which was my end of 2011 year weight. I made goal this past Nov. at 175 lbs. by hHCG, which is a very low calorie/low carb 500 cal. diet daily. It was fairly easy for me...but I struggle with maintaining every time I lose. Unfortunately, I am realizing that my JUDDD rotations (at max weight loss level...361/1862), are not netting me a lot of weight loss yet...but they are keeping me perfectly maintained...so very happy about that. When I drop my DD/UD calories...I lose for the week. But, I know that losses can take a month or more to kick in, per se...so I am keeping on!!!! I have even tried 1200/day calorie-cutting, and I didn't lose an ounce for 3 weeks Most people lose tons on 1200 cals...not me! But put me on a low carb diet w/o calorie restrictions...I lose 2-3 lbs. a week!!!
Wow Angela that's an amazing loss you had! Congratulations on making your goal. I love hearing stories of people who get to goal and how they maintain, because maintaining sometimes seems harder than the loss. Thank you for sharing!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I've been basically LC since starting, but eased into adding more carbs in slowly. Then Thanksgiving I really ate what I wanted and "carbed up" a bit. I'm still trying to avoid wheat, and limiting sugar to very small amounts, but I do now enjoy potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, corn, peas etc. It seems to be okay so far, I'm still losing well and feeling good. But I did this over a 3 month period.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I've been basically LC since starting, but eased into adding more carbs in slowly. Then Thanksgiving I really ate what I wanted and "carbed up" a bit. I'm still trying to avoid wheat, and limiting sugar to very small amounts, but I do now enjoy potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, corn, peas etc. It seems to be okay so far, I'm still losing well and feeling good. But I did this over a 3 month period.
This is exactly me, too. I have been adding small amounts of carbs like the higher carb veggies and fruit. Wheat/flour/pasta/grains do not agree with me and I feel absolutely horrible when I eat them, so they will never come back to my diet.
I've only been on JUDDD a short while, but I plan to stay LC, under 40/50g a day and it's been working very well for me.
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I've only been doing this two weeks, but I'm staying low-carb. I feel better this way! I never could have done JUDDD before low-carb, because I couldn't go two hours without eating! Low-carb has been so healing for me. I'm hoping JUDDD will deliver a weight-loss component that LC hasn't.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
I'm doing low carb and JUDDD and I love it! It makes DDs so much more enjoyable because the fat and protein keeps my blood sugar in check and I'm rarely ever hungry! I honestly don't think I would be doing as good if I was eating carbs. I think as I get closer to goal I will slowly add carbs back in, but for the time being, I'm LOVING the combination of low carb and JUDDD! Good luck to you!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Oh, I love this thread!!! This is me, too!!

I started to try JUDDD a couple of months ago, and when I read other's stories about adding in carbs, I thought, Great! But as soon as I added in bread and pasta on my Up Days it really set me off--I started to have cravings again and found I couldn't control my appetite. (Previously, I reserved bread and/or pasta for when we ate out once a week--I would not eat it regularly or at home at all, and this worked for me.)

I have finally decided that beginning in January (this month is too complicated for me to do this rigidly), I am going back to eating no starch/no sugar on my Up Days unless I'm out; and certainly no starch or sugar on a Down Day.

I read this last night about lectins (proteins) in wheat, and I think this is why some of us experience this when we eat bread/pasta/cereal, etc.:

Wheat lectins bind to insulin receptors on fat cells and mimic insulin--encourage fat cells to store fat. There was more information on the web, but this was really eye-opening for me.

Thanks for starting this thread! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
I'm a LC JUDDDer. I do eat about 40-60g Net Carbs per day and love this woe. I had 6 sweet potato fries tonight...I'm pretty far up the carb ladder.
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
I sort of do it, in that I don't eat carbs on DDs at all. I just have around 50g of salmon late in the afternoon, and that's it for the day. Other than that, it's green tea all the way. At this stage, it's fine for me.

I do eat carbs on my up days though, but I try to keep the GI low for at least two meals (so, for example, I have porridge with coconut oil for breakfast). This is partly because I can, partly to make sure that I vary my diet from day to day and don't get bored as easily, and partly because I think that the disruption to your metabolism is really important on this diet and I want to maximise that.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Yes, I do. I do still allow a few carbs (sweet potatoes, avocado, & berries) more than I previously did, but keep the overall number lower than many Juddders. I can't have sugar or grains without paying a price on DD w/ either hunger or general blah. My numbers on UD are usually around 50-75 gr.
Just want to clarify, that the higher carbs are my new numbers with PHD. I have been on HFMP for the last 3 months and truly needed to change to more safe starches, because I mustn't raise the protein and in fact, will be lowering fat as well. Trying to find a settling place for my JUDDDing.

Last edited by sunday; 12-12-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just want to clarify, that the higher carbs are my new numbers with PHD. I have been on HFMP for the last 3 months and truly needed to change to more safe starches, because I mustn't raise the protein and in fact, will be lowering fat as well. Trying to find a settling place for my JUDDDing.
I'm very curious about this transition and how it's working out for you sunday. Will you be trying out a moderate fat/carb/protein ratio, like a 40/40/20?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
I'm very curious about this transition and how it's working out for you sunday. Will you be trying out a moderate fat/carb/protein ratio, like a 40/40/20?
He suggests 60/15/25. I am debating in order for me to JUDDD this way, I will do 60/20/20. I will def try and lower the protein more because I suspect that this is my solution to losing & maintaining efficiently.

•20-30 percent of daily calories: carbs, mainly from "safe starches" such as rice or potatoes, partly from fruits, berries, and vegetables
•15 percent of daily calories: animal protein (or about 200-600 calories a day)
•55-65 percent: healthy fats, especially low-omega-6 fats such as beef tallow, butter, fish oil, coconut oil, palm oil, and olive oil
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2yorkies
Stats: 195.8/142/?? age 57 - 5'2
WOE: lo cal-lo carb....now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/18/12...JUDDD - 12/10/12
I'm keeping it low carb for awhile. I'd like to slowly start adding carbs, but I'm going to concentrate on the rotations for now and then think about more carbs when I'm closer to maintenance.

Peggy
2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
He suggests 60/15/25. I am debating in order for me to JUDDD this way, I will do 60/20/20. I will def try and lower the protein more because I suspect that this is my solution to losing & maintaining efficiently.

•20-30 percent of daily calories: carbs, mainly from "safe starches" such as rice or potatoes, partly from fruits, berries, and vegetables
•15 percent of daily calories: animal protein (or about 200-600 calories a day)
•55-65 percent: healthy fats, especially low-omega-6 fats such as beef tallow, butter, fish oil, coconut oil, palm oil, and olive oil
Very interesting. That sounds similar to Nutritional Ketosis (I think?). I'd be really curious to see some of what your eating when you figure it out, if you don't mind sharing! I always get tripped up trying to think of foods that are high in fat but low in protein.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I loved NK. Fat and I get along well. My goal is to continue JUDDDing with a bit less protein and added starch. He suggests the bone broth that many other's such as Weston Price, Sisson, et al do as well. I am very new to this thinking and love fat more than protein, so I am curious to doing this on a trial basis. Never tried tapioca which is another starch that he recommends as well as rice. So, this is a new venture.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

I converted back to low carb again! I've tried 2x now to add carbs...my body just will not allow it. My weight bounces like crazy (I maintain well, tho!), but most of all, my body just feels swollen/heavy...does that make sense? I also dropped most of the artificial sweeteners...guess my body "thinks" that it is sugar/carbs Finally...after 2 days I am starting the downward path again.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
I converted back to low carb again! I've tried 2x now to add carbs...my body just will not allow it. My weight bounces like crazy (I maintain well, tho!), but most of all, my body just feels swollen/heavy...does that make sense? I also dropped most of the artificial sweeteners...guess my body "thinks" that it is sugar/carbs Finally...after 2 days I am starting the downward path again.
the swollen and heavy thing is exactly what i feel when i try to add in too many carbs!!!! I think after doing LC for a year my body rebels when I add them back (with the exception of veggies).
I am finding dds are not nearly as difficult lc style!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
the swollen and heavy thing is exactly what i feel when i try to add in too many carbs!!!! I think after doing LC for a year my body rebels when I add them back (with the exception of veggies).
I am finding dds are not nearly as difficult lc style!
Hope you all have a great day!
TY...you, too!!! I've been LC'ing 10 years...it definitely does change your metabolism. I am okay with LC'ing though. I love all the things allowed on LC. It's just those occasions when you feel like you don't want to have to tweak a recipe to make it LC, and when you're at functions where there is NOTHING really to eat...like yesterday at work was a teacher appreciation pizza luncheon...PIZZA, PASTA SALAD, & tons of COOKIES. I have eaten pizza toppings before...but it takes quite a few pieces to get a fill-up...and I don't wanna look like a piggie I brought a big ole' chicken ceasar salad and ate it...I was NOT feeling deprived in the least bit