Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Somewhere I read about tasters and non tasters. Has to do with the number of taste buds and the type. Can't really remember it all but you test with color and I turned out to be a non taster which means I want to eat more since I am not getting the taste of the food sent to my brain. I believed that since I do not have a fabulous sense of taste or smell. So that is my excuse er reason.
This is so interesting to me, I'd never heard the term "taster" before. But my best friend is incredibly thin, always has been and has always been able to stay that way on a diet of pure junk food. One thing I noticed about her is that she eats very very slowly. Everyone else could be done and she's got a half hour left to finish her meal. Put a bag of chips in front of the girl and she'd eat one chip at a time (as opposed to me, who would shovel them all in). I asked her once why she eats so slowly and she said she enjoyed really tasting the food.

I'm still a fast eater though, I like to feel full right away. It's a problem.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've always been a fast eater too. I'm trying to slow down and eat more consciously. One of the things that bugs me about eating slowly, though, is that I like hot foods to be really hot, and cold foods to be really cold. If you eat too slowly, everything winds up being warm to cool. Yuck! So I continue to struggle with that one.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I hate when foods get too cold (or even lukewarm) too LoCarbGal. But I also...this sounds gross, but I also like the feeling of my mouth being full. I'm not sure why that sounds so terrible to me, but it's the truth.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #34

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I have not read any answers to this, but a few. I am looking at Jimmy Moore right now and he has an interview with the diet doctor with a simple headline "It's the insulin stupid". "Bottom line here: too much insulin leads to obesity and junk carbs raise insulin very high in those who are metabolically challenged (aka most of us!!). Thus when you cut crabs you lose weight. It's no more difficult than that."

Hmmm....if it were only that easy LOL. I also just got a new book from the bookstore called "The End of Overeating" It is by a former FDA commissioner. He has taken on another business (he took on the tobacco industry too) that is making Americans sick--the food industry. He says that our brain chemistry has been hijacked by the foods we most love to eat: those that contain stimulating combos of fat, sugar and salt. This was taken from the back cover of the book--not my own words. Just got the book and have just started to read it.

So depending on who you talk to, who you believe, what your own theories are the answer will be different. I will have to read others responses....off to do so now. Very interesting topic!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
I hate when foods get too cold (or even lukewarm) too LoCarbGal. But I also...this sounds gross, but I also like the feeling of my mouth being full. I'm not sure why that sounds so terrible to me, but it's the truth.
My brother and his wife used to fill my nephews cheeks to bulging because they said he loved the feeling of lots of food in his mouth. I used to think it was so gross. He is tall and skinny now, and never got fat though.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #36

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been giving this some thought. I never had a problem with my weight as a child. When I was 18, I actually ended up significantly underweight (106 pounds at 5'9"-5'10"). I was eating normally, but my metabolism went wild. I had a doctor who put me on birth control and tons of calories (think Ensure drinks with and between meals--just for the calories). I gained to a healthy weight and remained there for a few years.

I have since found out I have thyroid disease, and I suspect Hashimotos which can cause swings between hyper and hypothyroidism. I believe that I was in a hyper swing when my weight went so low.

All that being said, I never really had an issue with "over" eating exactly. But I did start eating more when I started paying for my own food. That's how warped my brain is. In my first marriage, money was tight, and I couldn't stand the thought of wasting food. If we made too much, we ate it. Crazy. My first husband also ate really fast, so I got in the habit right along with him. Add to that the fact that low nutrition, high fat/carb food is cheaper, and that's that.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emgee
Stats: 148/101.6/103
WOE: LC
I am in the middle of reading Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss. It is an eye opener to say the least. I recommend it for anyone struggling with food. Grrrr....
emgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #38

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
I am in the middle of reading Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss. It is an eye opener to say the least. I recommend it for anyone struggling with food. Grrrr....
I saw when he was on Dr Oz. I also saw when he was on The Early Show on CBS. He has been making the rounds. I am interested in his book, maybe I will get it eventually. When it comes down in price. Looks most interesting too.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote