Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I really blew it last night! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790932-i-really-blew-last-night.html)

JayLynn 12-08-2012 04:57 AM

I really blew it last night!

Yesterday I was at the two week mark, started JUDDDing the day after Thanksgiving. Everything was fine on my DD until about 6 p.m then all I wanted to do was EAT EAT EAT!!!!!

I air popped popcorn which was a big mistake. But I LOVE popcorn, it was the second time I had some in two weeks. If that wasn't bad enough I added some yummy little gingerbread cookies from Trader Joe's. They are pretty small but I ate WAYYYY too many probably 10.

Since I went way over calories yesterday I'm not going to eat until later today then have a normal UD meal and plan a better DD day for tomorrow.

I'm not going to beat myself up, stuff happens, and I know from these wonderful threads and my own past experience the secret to success is to pick myself up, dust me off, and just keep going. One bad day won't stop me!

I think subconsciously I was bummed about expecting a bigger loss and only dropped 1.5 last week. I might just forego the scales and measure myself each week instead, for awhile. When the numbers don't match my expectations, something inside me gets rebellious and wants to eat whatever it wants. Wonder what that is....:dunno: It would make more sense to eat less then to feed that beast!!!:confused:

mom23kids 12-08-2012 05:00 AM

Everyone has a bad day-just acknowledge it and then move on :hugs:

gotsomeold 12-08-2012 05:08 AM

You are responding absolutely correctly: try to figure out if there is anything you can change to avoid being triggered again, then continue rotating. Life happens, JUDDD forgives.

And, for heaven's sake, come up with a mantra...something like "The speed of successful, rest-of-my-life weight loss is as fast as my body can handle it. Any faster and I'm a yo-yo." Whatever resonates with you.

Repeat your mantra frequently and avoid the scales for awhile :hugs:. You are still accumulating SIRTs, be patient, you may speed up.

Flossyliz 12-08-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16124466)
I think subconsciously I was bummed about expecting a bigger loss and only dropped 1.5 last week. I might just forego the scales and measure myself each week instead, for awhile. When the numbers don't match my expectations, something inside me gets rebellious and wants to eat whatever it wants. Wonder what that is....:dunno: It would make more sense to eat less then to feed that beast!!!:confused:

I can relate to that! There's so much we can learn about ourselves and our binge and/or rebellion triggers while JUDDDing :doh: It's all useful in our life toolkit.

Don't let a number on the scale throw you. There's a lot more happening in your body when you JUDDD than just losing weight. Besides, the more you track, the more you will come to recognise that slow, steady loss and/or bouncing are OK! :cool:

The great thing about JUDDD is that you can have your UD today as planned and be wiser for your DD tomorrow. Smart move. Well done! :up:

Flossyliz 12-08-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16124478)
You are responding absolutely correctly: try to figure out if there is anything you can change to avoid being triggered again, then continue rotating. Life happens, JUDDD forgives.

And, for heaven's sake, come up with a mantra...something like "The speed of successful, rest-of-my-life weight loss is as fast as my body can handle it. Any faster and I'm a yo-yo." Whatever resonates with you.

Repeat your mantra frequently and avoid the scales for awhile :hugs:. You are still accumulating SIRTs, be patient, you may speed up.

:goodpost: We posted at the same time. Excellent advice from Nancy, as usual!

LoCarbGal 12-08-2012 06:26 AM

You're doing great Jan! Good, reasoned out decisions on how to react to this blip. It is just a blip in the grand picture you know. Just keep on going, and don't worry about being perfect. Ain't no such thing.

Joyjoy 12-08-2012 07:12 AM

Hey JayLynn, just a thought: the whole concept of, oh, I really blew it yesterday, is part of a dieter's thinking. All kinds of "normal", slim folks eat heaps one day and less the next day without thinking.
I used to feel horrible when I "blew" a day. After a while it's just life. You JUDDD along, you do most days beautifully, you lose weight and feel great, and you go over sometimes.
It's really nice when that's no longer called failure in our heads. :):heart:

Eieio 12-08-2012 07:35 AM

Guess what jaylyn?

It might happen again! No y?
Dang caz we r human.
Ur thinking correctly.
Dust your off.
It happens to all of us.
Looks like we started the same time ish with this woe.
My two weeks is today.
Hey my mantra is-- 'keep the devil unhappy.'
He defiantly doesn't want u to exceed.
So be Merry!
Strong-stubborn, hey maybe that's adding that to mantra.
Aaaaa popcorn one of my favorites too.
I can have it with butter eod.

sungoddess 12-08-2012 07:44 AM

Been there, done that. You have the right attitude, good for you! We have to think of this as a journey over a lifetime. There are going to be times we eat more than we wish we did. We probably need to erase the words "I blew it" or "I cheated" from our vocabulary. As Kristin said, it is just life. We are going to have hiccups along the journey.

I had a hiccup the other day and was amazed at just how peaceful I felt about it. No beating myself up. Just got back on track.

I love popcorn too!

JayLynn 12-08-2012 10:45 AM

I knew I would get understanding and support by talking about yesterday. Thank you all so much! It means an awful lot.

The "all or nothing" mentality of dieting is hard to completely let go of after being overweight most of my life. In the old days, at the two week mark, I would just give up and go back to my old ways. Not this time. If I've learned anything at all, it is that NEVER GIVING UP is the secret to success.

I'm not beating myself up over yesterday, but I know that old habits die hard and that I've always been frustrated probably mostly subconsciously when the scales aren't good to me. I know that a 1.5 loss is not BAD, but I was hoping for twice that. Its hard to let go of wanting to see success in those numbers. Its a form of reward for all the good work you've done over the week.

But I also know on JUDDD that all the rewards aren't coming from the scales. I do feel a lot better, have more energy, am in a better mood most of the time, and really like this WOE.

I just had my UD breakfast and I am full. I won't eat again until I am hungry. I'm making a spaghetti squash and a sauce with meat, also grilling some asparagus thats in the fridge. I will have some fruit today too. That will be my carby treat, full of vitamins and fiber.

I want you all to know that I probably would have given up by now if you werent here to help me along. It means a LOT LOT LOT!!!

:hugs::jumpjoy::hugs::jumpjoy::hugs:

Kissa 12-08-2012 11:04 AM

Brilliant, back on track and raring to go. Enjoy your UD. :)

JayLynn 12-08-2012 11:10 AM

Thanks Cindy :)

I kinda have a hangover feeling this morning probably from eating more carbs yesterday than I have even on a UD! Simple carbs are definitely not my friend and I need to continue to stay away from them until my metabolism is more normal.

I'm going to head out and go for a walk while its not raining. That should help the foggy feeling I'm having.

Happy Saturday everyone! :hugs:

angie1 12-08-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16125063)
Thanks Cindy :)

I kinda have a hangover feeling this morning probably from eating more carbs yesterday than I have even on a UD! Simple carbs are definitely not my friend and I need to continue to stay away from them until my metabolism is more normal.

I'm going to head out and go for a walk while its not raining. That should help the foggy feeling I'm having.

Happy Saturday everyone! :hugs:

I am in sync with everyone else .. just put it behind you, and keep the rotations . I fulllly understand that hangover feeling, I also had it after 3 days of carb and sugar heavy birthday celebrations. After a week, I am almost back to my lowest weight and I feel SO MUCH better. I wrote down how I felt after the carb/sugar binges and how I feel now and posted it on my wall.

Keep up the good work!!!! :D Those whooshes will come when you least expect it!

calichris 12-08-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16124466)
I'm not going to beat myself up, stuff happens, and I know from these wonderful threads and my own past experience the secret to success is to pick myself up, dust me off, and just keep going. One bad day won't stop me!

:up: I really think this is the secret too. We aren't perfect ... and that's ok! On JUDDD, every day is a new chance to have a great up day or down day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16124694)
Hey JayLynn, just a thought: the whole concept of, oh, I really blew it yesterday, is part of a dieter's thinking. All kinds of "normal", slim folks eat heaps one day and less the next day without thinking.
I used to feel horrible when I "blew" a day. After a while it's just life. You JUDDD along, you do most days beautifully, you lose weight and feel great, and you go over sometimes.
It's really nice when that's no longer called failure in our heads. :):heart:

:goodpost: Yes!

JayLynn 12-08-2012 08:43 PM

Today has been a good day and I am looking forward to DD tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you who gave hugs and encouragement. You are all so amazing. And so is JUDDD!

Shari4 12-08-2012 09:44 PM

Jan, I had one of "those" days yesterday, too!! Maybe it's in the air?! ;) I have a history of letting the scales rule my emotions. But, JUDDD has helped me with this by showing me the "bounce"! These dear people here have shared their ups & downs & their bounces! What attracted me to this forum was the sharing that goes on here. There's always someone who will pick me up & dust me off & remind me this is life! Not a diet; but, LIFE!! What a relief!

BTW......I love popcorn, too! I even have a bag of microwave light popcorn on an UD from time to time. Isn't it wonderful that that fits our WOE?? Cool, huh? :clap:

I'm glad you've had a good day! And, I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a good one also! :hugs:

JayLynn 12-08-2012 10:01 PM

Shari, thanks so much for the kind words of support! You are so right about the people here. I can't say it enough...I am so happy to have found all of you! It makes a world of difference.

I'm ready for my DD tomorrow. Let's do this! :hugs:

gotsomeold 12-09-2012 03:00 AM

I think it is the post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas, office-, neighborhood-, friend-party season. Our subconscious minds expect once-a-year nosh and frequent treats!!!

Librarygirl 12-09-2012 07:32 AM

I know exactly how you feel, Jaylynn!!! I have stalled and started going back up, and there's that nagging voice in my head...just give up, it will never work, who are you kidding that you could lose 60+ lbs?!! The all or nothing thinking is alive and well with me too. Let's stick this out and ride the road to success, bumps and all!:high5:

JayLynn 12-09-2012 11:01 AM

Very true, LG. There will be lots of bumps but even more smooth riding! I insist on it!

I'm going to have a great DD today. I have had half a flax muffin and my mocha so far and not a hungry feeling at all.

I have to keep the sugar out of the house. I told DH if he wants any junk food he'll have to go buy it and keep it out of my sight!

Kissa 12-09-2012 03:28 PM

Yay, Jan and Cindy (LG), you will be JUDDD stars in no time. We have to roll with the punches.

Nothing is easy in life and we all know the rule, "Dieting is hard, being fat is hard....choose your hard".

KeirasMom 12-10-2012 07:31 AM

I've been out most of the weekend and popping on just a little bit each day (soliciting my own advice from our amazing JBs), so I'm just getting to this. I'm sorry you had a rough day, but the silver lining is that you're learning about yourself and your triggers. You know more about yourself today than you did 2 weeks ago and you're stronger for it. :hugs:

JayLynn 12-10-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16127935)
I've been out most of the weekend and popping on just a little bit each day (soliciting my own advice from our amazing JBs), so I'm just getting to this. I'm sorry you had a rough day, but the silver lining is that you're learning about yourself and your triggers. You know more about yourself today than you did 2 weeks ago and you're stronger for it. :hugs:

Thanks, Dawn. Things are moving right along again. My DD yesterday was good. When I got to the evening, I kept busy and thought about how crummy I felt saturday morning after that carb indulgence the night before. Yes, I am learning a lot! Thanks to you and all the other wonderful JB's here...:clap:

Hope your hands are better soon. I haven't read many threads today, but have wondered how you're doing. Sending hugs and warm wishes that you are on the mend.

jaymar 12-11-2012 07:26 AM

That's one thing that makes this woe better for me...I know, or at least I believe I will never eat "perfectly"...with JUDDD, I don't have to feel like all is lost because I have a bad day...also, I know that I have wrecked my metabolism by doing the crazy things in the past to lose weight...several years ago I was going to a dr. and she was doing her best to get me to lose.....well..she never considered my metabolism at all...and if I went in one week, having a gain of a pound or so...I would tell her...I have been staying within my limits...then she would sometimes scowl and say....oh..when you gain weight, I Know exactly how many calories you have been eating....talk about no support there...if you ever had that kind of experience......so..I want to say that a lot of us have endured an awful lot from the "professionals" who were supposed to know how to help us....the truth is...most of them do not...When I come here and read...and this thread reflects it strongly.....I find more wisdom and support than I ever had when I was paying over a hundred bucks a week to try to get help.....I know that everything doesn't apply to everyone..but...if I am willing to read and think and learn...I am going to make it..and so will you all, as some of you already have...thanks for all the wisdom.

LoCarbGal 12-11-2012 07:51 AM

^^^^^^THIS IS A GOOD POST!^^^^^^

JayLynn 12-11-2012 12:25 PM

:goodpost: Jaymar!

Most doctors I have seen over the years have all thought they could talk to me like all I did all day was sit and eat bon bons. They were condescending and talked to me like I was stupid. Truth is, I know more about weight loss than most of them will ever hope to know. All they did was pizzz me off and never go back to them again. The last doctor I saw, who I only went to for bloodwork, was about 30 and didn't have an independent thought in her head. She started telling me about all the horrible things that would happen, like heart attacks and strokes and other fun stuff that would get me if I didn't lose weight IMMEDIATELY! I looked at her and said...oh, so you mean people who are not overweight never have this things happen to them? She got very defensive and needless to say I will never go back to her again.

Alcoholics and drug addicts get more understanding and help in our society than people with weight problems. Which is a good thing. They should get help. But so should people who are trying to be healthier and get some weight off. We are not slobs who can be talked to like we are stupid.

<<<okay, rant over. LOL

Luv2Eat 12-11-2012 12:46 PM

Jan, good for you - that you stood up for yourself! I've had doctors use those tactics on me, it's a losing argument. Just like any person of authority, if they appeal to a more positive position, the message is more likely to be heard. Unfortunately, they deal with the negative so much, it probably makes it more difficult for them to be positive.

Good thing we have this forum, where the rubber meets the road!!

Kissa 12-11-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16129983)
That's one thing that makes this woe better for me...I know, or at least I believe I will never eat "perfectly"...with JUDDD, I don't have to feel like all is lost because I have a bad day...also, I know that I have wrecked my metabolism by doing the crazy things in the past to lose weight...several years ago I was going to a dr. and she was doing her best to get me to lose.....well..she never considered my metabolism at all...and if I went in one week, having a gain of a pound or so...I would tell her...I have been staying within my limits...then she would sometimes scowl and say....oh..when you gain weight, I Know exactly how many calories you have been eating....talk about no support there...if you ever had that kind of experience......so..I want to say that a lot of us have endured an awful lot from the "professionals" who were supposed to know how to help us....the truth is...most of them do not...When I come here and read...and this thread reflects it strongly.....I find more wisdom and support than I ever had when I was paying over a hundred bucks a week to try to get help.....I know that everything doesn't apply to everyone..but...if I am willing to read and think and learn...I am going to make it..and so will you all, as some of you already have...thanks for all the wisdom.

:goodpost: You are so right Jay.

Quote:

Most doctors I have seen over the years have all thought they could talk to me like all I did all day was sit and eat bon bons. They were condescending and talked to me like I was stupid. Truth is, I know more about weight loss than most of them will ever hope to know. All they did was pizzz me off and never go back to them again. The last doctor I saw, who I only went to for bloodwork, was about 30 and didn't have an independent thought in her head. She started telling me about all the horrible things that would happen, like heart attacks and strokes and other fun stuff that would get me if I didn't lose weight IMMEDIATELY! I looked at her and said...oh, so you mean people who are not overweight never have this things happen to them? She got very defensive and needless to say I will never go back to her again.

Alcoholics and drug addicts get more understanding and help in our society than people with weight problems. Which is a good thing. They should get help. But so should people who are trying to be healthier and get some weight off. We are not slobs who can be talked to like we are stupid.

<<<okay, rant over. LOL
:goodpost: Jan, you too. I so wish the medical profession had a better attitude to weight issues.

Thank heavens for JUDDD and the wonderful people here.

Eieio 12-12-2012 11:55 AM

Xmas bon-bons!
I want to apologize for some stupid educated people. Yikes.

deedee 12-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

What a great rant this was to read! I agree completely. For some reason, people seem to have endless sympathy for other medical problems, but weight...weight we are blamed for singularly. It's the most counterproductive attitude to have as a medical professional, yet it seems more common than anything else.