Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
DD Fat Fast

Can someone help me design a Fat Fast menu for DD? Most of the ones on the LC forums are between 900-1000 calories. I want to aim for 500 calories approximately. It's ok to go a little over because I'm not trying to go for low calorie DD's (lower than 500). Here's what I'm thinking so far...

1 HB egg, 1 t mayo (100); edited to add 1/2 avocado (240)

1/2 oz Macadamia nuts (100); edited to 1 oz mac nuts (200)

1 oz cream cheese on celery (107ish)

3 slices of reduced-fat bacon (90); edited to real bacon, 2 slices (160)

1 Fat Bomb (made how you like) (100)

2-4 T HWC/coffee (100-200)

End with 800-1000 calories!!! Yesssssssssss, I can definitely do THIS!!!

Wondering if this might be the ticket to a hunger-free day?! Also will allow a cup of chicken broth at 10 calories, if needed.

Can be eaten in any order...

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-07-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am a fatfaster. I really think you can and should go ahead and do the fat fast up to 1000 on DD. I am just saying this from my own experience and have been successful even with my UD preceding and following. Just my 2 cents.

Now, I am also one who can't seem to do these fat fasts consecutively like many others do. I miss my protein.

Last edited by sunday; 12-07-2012 at 12:35 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

However, if you see you are sated w/ 500 cals and don't need anything but broth, then by all means go for it!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'd go with full fat bacon and not the reduced fat kind. If you're fat-fasting, you want the fat calories more than the protein.

Don't forget avocados, cheese, cream, and butter. You can incorporate them however you like. Also salami is good.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Oh, that is super helpful to know, Sunday!!! I am ever in quest of the hunger-free (or, realistically hunger-lite, which would make me happy enough indeed!) down day that LibraryGirl mentioned.

My only attempt at this so far was a breakfast of carefully weighed macadamia nuts and then a protein free for all for lunch. Down day fat fast fail! LOL Maybe will try it again and aim for 800-1000 calories. Hmmm.
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is very satiating and another great stallbuster.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

So fat fasting can be done indefinitely on DD's up to 1000 calories and still lose?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have only thrown it in when I get a stall that lasts more than a week or so, however, I have seen others not doing JUDDD have great success in doing several days consecutively. I would love to try this, sort of as the tater-hack folks are doing, I just can't seem to get past the "no protein" for more than a couple of days. I say what do you have to lose? .
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Librarygirl, If you really enjoy fat, I have been JUDDDing NK style also and it is every day. I do around 75-80 % fat, 15 % protein & 5-10% carbs. You may enjoy that?
It completely took my appetite away... and helped tame UD's.

Right now, I am studying up on Perfect Health and would like to give it a whirl over my Winter Break from school. I posted his chart of foods in the Benefits thread. PH is also a higher fat, less protein, and carbs plan.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Does a fat-fast DD only work if it's followed by an all fat UD? Or what is the theory behind the extra calories on the DD?
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is just a hack similar to the tater hack. You should only do this when and if you are wanting to shake things up. Unless you are interested in JUDDDing HFMP.

I believe sven & Kettleboy are two that eat the HFMP while JUDDDing.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
One thing you may want to consider too is this: Are you just wanting to lose some weight? Or are you doing this to also turn on the SIRT1 'Skinny Gene' and gain the various benefits from fasting?

My guess would be that you could lose weight by reducing your normal calories to 1000 every other day and still eating regularly on your Up Days, if you aren't going over on those UDs. It will be a way of cutting your calories overall, and that should give you some weight loss. Basic dieters mostly just cut their calories, one way or another, and are often pretty happy with the weight they lose.

But I am a little suspicious of that DD calorie level being able to turn on the sirtuins, activate your skinny gene (LOL...I love that nickname), and you being the beneficiary of many of those true health changes to your body that come from the fasting/feasting cycling of JUDDD.

I realize that not everyone wants to do JUDDD, actually, and there are lots of other Intermittent Fasting plans out there. But did just want to mention the above to you, because the *Magic* of JUDDD seems to come strongly from those low DD calories of about 500 and less.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is true Pat. I think that Librarygirl is only doing this on a temp basis sort of like the tater hack. I gave her the link to the fat fast, because I am assuming she is only throwing it in once in a while.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
That is true Pat. I think that Librarygirl is only doing this on a temp basis sort of like the tater hack. I gave her the link to the fat fast, because I am assuming she is only throwing it in once in a while.
Gottcha. I just want everyone to be successful with weight loss, but especially successful in a wonderful JUDDD healing change to our bodies, so that we aren't so darned sensitive to everything and so liable to gain pounds back just by walking past the pastry shoppe.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Gottcha. I just want everyone to be successful with weight loss, but especially successful in a wonderful JUDDD healing change to our bodies, so that we aren't so darned sensitive to everything and so liable to gain pounds back just by walking past the pastry shoppe.
I am completely agreeing about the sirt-1 and love JUDDD, but have on occasion thrown in a FF to correct my stall or UUAD. This is one of those YMMV type of things too.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

I think, Pat, that I still want to get that SIRT-1 thing going, but obviously my primary goal is to lose weight. Not just "some" weight, but a lot of weight. I haven't had success at just counting calories (was unable to sustain), nor LC, so yes I want to do JUDDD. If I can't manage the DD's, then JUDDD will be a failure too though. So far, I have been white knuckling it all the way. Not pleasant in the least. I may, after futher thought, keep the fat fast at 500 cals.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I think, Pat, that I still want to get that SIRT-1 thing going, but obviously my primary goal is to lose weight. Not just "some" weight, but a lot of weight. I haven't had success at just counting calories (was unable to sustain), nor LC, so yes I want to do JUDDD. If I can't manage the DD's, then JUDDD will be a failure too though. So far, I have been white knuckling it all the way. Not pleasant in the least. I may, after futher thought, keep the fat fast at 500 cals.
Well, we often advise folks to eat more on their Down Days that just that 500 calorie number if it is a choice between going over the number... and quitting. Some of us (me) have to work ourselves down to that low of a DD calorie number in the beginning. I don't think there is any problem there at all. If you get there eventually, * it * will kick in and the Magic will happen for you too.

I just was hoping you weren't going for that 1000-DD calorie number as your favored way of doing JUDDD, because I was worried that all the extra good stuff wouldn't come to you then. It's sometimes hard at the beginning, but OH, so worth it in the end. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've never heard of a fat fast-one more thing to add to my 'to look into' list
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

I guess I saw people who were able to go below 500 easily and thought that 500 ought to be a snap, considering my 20% is less than 400. However, that has not been the case. I'm going to try this FF at 500-600 cals max, and if that doesn't work, then I'll just aim for higher DD's until the magic begins. Bring it on!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-07-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #20

Quote:
I guess I saw people who were able to go below 500 easily and thought that 500 ought to be a snap, considering my 20% is less than 400. However, that has not been the case. I'm going to try this FF at 500-600 cals max, and if that doesn't work, then I'll just aim for higher DD's until the magic begins. Bring it on!!!
One of our gals here had to start her JUDDD Down Days at 700 calories, or just a smidge higher. She paid close attention to her UD calories too, I will say, but she lost weight so fast she was already at goal and going below before she ever did get to lower her DD calories! She had to scramble to figure out how to readjust her calories on all days in order to maintain and not go lower than she wanted to weigh. Such a problem!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
LG,

I hear your struggle, but maybe just hang in and try to stick with the simplest form of JUDDD that works for you. I guess I was lucky cause I wasn't expecting much in terms of JUDDD magic so I didn't feel antsy for it to start. Wouldn't have know really what to expect, but the clean rotations with low DDs got my SIRTs flowing and in about 6 weeks I felt like I had been doing this my whole life. In the beginning and still today I JUDDD like my life depends on it and in a way it does. It is harder with out the free flowing SIRTs, but the best way to get saturated with them are clean rotations and DDs as low as doable. Sending

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not antsy for the magic to start really, and forgot there was such a thing, before Pat mentioned it. I'm not even sure I believe in it. I believe some people have greater control over their minds and that is what makes it possible for them to do this WOE. The only thing that I'm antsy about is getting to the place where I can be comfortable with eod fasting. Thanks for the hug.

If I ever get the SIRT thing, I'll eat my words. Before that, I'm eating everything else.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Librarygirl, I am going to do an egg day for several DDs in the next 10 days before I go to maintenance. I will report back how it helps me. I am also doing a tater hack starting tomo through Wed. Just cause I am curious! I know I can't get the UD cals in during this trial, but will report back any news whether a bust or not.

Also, just want to let you know that I struggled exactly the same as you are when I started JUDDD. As well as many others! Some decided the DD's were just too stressful and went on to other plans. I didn't have a problem with adhering to DD numbers, as much as I didn't lose as fast as everyone else. Slow! I was pretty discouraged. I do understand how you are feeling. I even gained a few lbs back without doing anything different. So, I can certainly relate to your frustration.

I do know that I was 8 weeks in to JUDDD, before I felt the good feeling of Sirt-1 that everyone kept talking about. I wish I knew more words of encouragement, but the one thing that helped to keep me focused, is the fact that the overall trend was down. And that I was for the 1st time in a while "not gaining".
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #24

I'm thinking it'll be another bacon DD for me today. I have a brunch with some friends at a restaurant, and I was stewing a bit on how I was going to manage. Should I just order black coffee or hot tea? Should I have 2 UDs in a row? Should I try a (not recommended) MD after an UD and go on to a DD on Sunday?

What I came up with is, just order a side of bacon and coffee. No one will think twice because of my long time Atkins dieting. I don't think I want to go into the whole JUDDD thing with them today, because I find it does take a bit of time to explain properly, and then there's always tons of questions. The focus of this get together is one of the other girls, so I don't want to take away from that by hogging all the attention with my JUDDD passion!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let us know how it goes Lowcalgirl! I am a bacon fan too.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm thinking it'll be another bacon DD for me today. I have a brunch with some friends at a restaurant, and I was stewing a bit on how I was going to manage. Should I just order black coffee or hot tea? Should I have 2 UDs in a row? Should I try a (not recommended) MD after an UD and go on to a DD on Sunday?

What I came up with is, just order a side of bacon and coffee. No one will think twice because of my long time Atkins dieting. I don't think I want to go into the whole JUDDD thing with them today, because I find it does take a bit of time to explain properly, and then there's always tons of questions. The focus of this get together is one of the other girls, so I don't want to take away from that by hogging all the attention with my JUDDD passion!
You could do a 300-400 calorie brunch and keep the rest of the day to a minimum. That should allow you plenty to choose from...well more than coffee.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm starting my DDFH (DDFatHack) today. So far, 2 T HWC (in coffee). I think this is going to be the ticket! Keeping calories to 500-600.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #28

Quote:
You could do a 300-400 calorie brunch and keep the rest of the day to a minimum. That should allow you plenty to choose from...well more than coffee.
That would work for a "normal" person, but if I eat all my DD calories for brunch, I will be one unhappy camper later in the day. And maybe even worse, anyone with the misfortune to be near me will be unhappy too!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

I hear you, LCG! So I'm not the only hungry JB? It's so funny because I don't crave food on UD's, although I do get in my calorie allotment (and then some, maybe). One thing JUDDD has taught me is that 1200 is A LOT!!!! What I couldn't do when trying to just restrict to that amount every day seems like it would be easy now. I'm sticking to this WOE for now because I want to get lower than I ever thought possible...like in the 120's, one day. That would be a miracle!!!!!

ETA: I weighed 130 when I got married (the first time ) at age 29. I wore a girdle under my wedding dress! I was a little heavier than I wanted to be at that time. After that, at about age 33, I got down to 124 for a little while and I looked fantastic. My "ideal" would be 125. Can't hardly imagine it now, and thought I could *never* get there again.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-08-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #30

LG, JUDDD is a miracle. I do hope you will give it some more time and that the JUDDD magic starts to really kick in for you! I know you are going to start seeing the results you want.

It's funny, I don't consider myself a hungry JUDDDer (most of the time) because I tend naturally to be less hungry in the morning. I've never put myself in the position of not having most of my calories available in the evening, but the thought TERRIFIES me. If I HAD to eat a breakfast and go the rest of the day without, I think I would give up. Then you would be looking at a hungry JUDDDer! I've learned what my body wants and when, and I really try to go with that as much as possible.

You're going to find your groove in this WOE! Yes, being hungry sucks. But eating anything you want (within reason of course) on the off days really, really does not suck!