Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My Pants Lie, But I'm Opposite Girl (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790856-my-pants-lie-but-im-opposite-girl.html)

Anasmom 12-06-2012 10:05 PM

My Pants Lie, But I'm Opposite Girl

:dunno:I see so many of you say, "the pants dont lie", but for me that just isnt true. I have lost almost 28 pounds on JUDDD and still wearing the same size pants. Must say the backside is a bit baggy but the waist is not getting any smaller, maybe it's even bigger :mad: I stopped the cabbage and laughing cow cheese stir fries, miracle noodles and gluc powder in case that was making me bloat, but no change. More stomach aches/rib pains each day (doctor found nothing wrong)..... BUT NO WAY I'M GIVING UP ON JUDDD.Has anyone else had this happen? Any words of wisdom would be so appreciated, thank you:heart:, Ellen

LoCarbGal 12-06-2012 11:01 PM

:hugs: Aw Ellen! I'm sorry you're having this frustration. My first thought is that if your pants are baggier in the seat, then you are making progress! I actually didn't start wearing any different sizes for many many pounds either. In fact, I'm still making do with some clothes that are WAAAYYY too big, just because I don't want to spend a lot on new ones, and having trouble finding the right items at the Goodwill store. I need to find some other thrift shops or consignment shops to troll.

Regarding the rib pain, I have had some weird pains at the bottom of my ribcage a couple of times since starting this. Kind of sharp, and then just achy. They went away by themselves, and never bad enough for a doctor, although I did wake up in pain one night and was a little scared. I have speculated on whether releasing fat can ever be painful, or at the least, cause some discomfort. I mean, if we can break out in a rash or hives while losing weight due to releasing fat cells and the guck that's in them, why couldn't pains in different areas also result? I even asked my doctor if a back spasm might have been caused indirectly by my weight loss. She said, maybe, if I was carrying myself differently, it could.

There's just so much going on during the loss process, healing, SIRTs getting going, hormones changing, etc. I don't think medicals even really truly get it yet.

I think you'll see your waist trimming down in time. We all gain and lose in different places, and in different orders and amounts. Have you been measuring your neck, chest, arms, thighs, knees, calves? You could be losing quite a lot that you're not giving yourself credit for!

Hang in there, girl! Keep at it, and you WILL reap the rewards.

gotsomeold 12-07-2012 02:34 AM

Yeppers, been there.

I worn the same :stars: size for 27 pounds. Then the sizes started dropping fast - every 10ish, then every 5ish pounds. :hyst: I took to only buying one pair of jeans in each new size after not even having time to wear one pair of size 10s before it was too baggy to stay up.

Visceral fat is the first to go. That is internal fat that packs in tightly around your organs ... and increases health risk. Depending on how you are arranged inside a lot of that can go without making much difference to your size. But, deep inside, your heart, lungs, etc are breathing a deep sigh of relief.

It is likely, especially if your waist has not changed much, that JUDDD is still doing internal clean-up duty. This too shall pass and, hopefully soon, the pants will become truthful.

Oh, and one other thing, when you have time try on the next smaller size. You may be surprised.

Carly 12-07-2012 04:35 AM

Yes- I found I lost a lot before buying smaller pants and I think there are a few reasons for this but the biggest 2 are as follows:
1) The stuff I was wearing was kinda stretchy, but pretty tight all the same. So the first 10 pounds just allowed the pants to not be tight, then at least another ten pounds for them to begin to appear too big.
2) One of the JB researched this and found out that it was like a 2.5 inch difference between sizes over 16. Then between 16 and 12 it was like an 1.5. Then between 10-6 an inch in between each size and smaller sizes only .5 an inch. So if we are wearing larger than a 16 when we start we have to lose more and the smaller we get the size do change more quickly.

So don't despair- your pants aren't lying- they get haven't gotten to tell you the whole story yet!

sterlinggirl 12-07-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16122552)
Yes- I found I lost a lot before buying smaller pants and I think there are a few reasons for this but the biggest 2 are as follows:
1) The stuff I was wearing was kinda stretchy, but pretty tight all the same. So the first 10 pounds just allowed the pants to not be tight, then at least another ten pounds for them to begin to appear too big.
2) One of the JB researched this and found out that it was like a 2.5 inch difference between sizes over 16. Then between 16 and 12 it was like an 1.5. Then between 10-6 an inch in between each size and smaller sizes only .5 an inch. So if we are wearing larger than a 16 when we start we have to lose more and the smaller we get the size do change more quickly.

So don't despair- your pants aren't lying- they get haven't gotten to tell you the whole story yet!

:goodpost::shake:

Eieio 12-07-2012 07:28 AM

Anasmon and losers!
What came to my mind when reading here.
We all have different shapes.
Ur tata shape may end up being more in shape of Marilyn Monroe.
Which is awesome gorgeous.
And them some like me- end up more like Twiggy. Hummm-pout.
It would be nice to get to pick our shapes!

Deen73 12-07-2012 08:10 AM

This is really some good info, guys! I have had the same experience -- dropping 20 pounds and only going down *maybe* one size -- if that. It was more like ok, going from a loose 20 to a tight/medium 18. I'd been frustrated, too -- wondering -- well, did I lose mostly muscle? What gives? And I'd remembered back in college, I'd lose 5 lbs and go down a whole size! So reading these posts is like going .... ooooohhhhh, ok... THAT's what's happening. Lol.

Although... having said that, I have a pair of sz 18 lilac skinny cords (hmmm... wasn't somebody talking in another thread about dressing a little "young" for one's age? lol... *raises hand*) that I had to lie down to zip 2 weeks ago... now they're zipping fine. Standing up and all. ;)

Librarygirl 12-07-2012 08:31 AM

Lol at lying down to zip your pants, Deen. :D I will wear mine as long as it takes, baggy, before I suffer in tight pants anymore. And yes, mine finally fit like they are supposed to fit and maybe a bit baggy. Some of my jeans are still snug (well, one pair...can't imagine how I was tucking into them 15 lbs ago). I realize I haven't lost as much at only 13-15 lbs, but I too haven't gone down in size much. I am wearing some blouses that were too tight not too long ago though. I lose in my upper body and waist the fastest.

About the pain...I have experienced some abdominal pain, mild but still had me a bit worried. Also, last night I shifted on the bed while I was reading and somehow twisted my leg at the top of my thigh, where my leg meets my hip and got a terrible cramp. THAT was new. I started thinking, good lord, I'm really seeing what all the aching and pain of getting old is about AFTER I start losing! Geez :D

KeirasMom 12-07-2012 09:05 AM

I agree with everything that's been mentioned here. I didn't see a size change for probably around 30 pounds, but I started with a LOT to lose. Today, I'm wearing pants that didn't fit when I tried them on 2 weeks ago, and I've only lost a few pounds since then. I'm losing more slowly now than I was in the beginning, too, so it's taking roughly as long to go down a size, but with a smaller loss. It's frustrating at both ends of the spectrum, so I have to keep reminding myself that I was in 26/28 pants a year ago, and I'm comfortable in my size 12 slacks today. It WILL happen, just not at the rate we want it to.

I also lose in the butt first. My waist, especially with the loose skin, is bigger than I'd like, and that affects when I can go down a size.

Librarygirl 12-07-2012 09:12 AM

Just measured my waist and officially down 2 in. since September. :) 39 was where I started, and am at 37 now. Hips, 47, chest 42 (but it has a bit of enhancement ;)). Glad I decided to measure!

Measure yourself Anasmom. That's the real story! :)

LoCarbGal 12-07-2012 09:13 AM

Great LG! Even when it doesn't feel like anything's happening....it is!

Flossyliz 12-07-2012 09:35 AM

WTG LG! :up:

Still same size pants for me - but no more muffin tops. :jumpjoy:

My bra cups have developed accordion pleats though! :cry:

LoCarbGal 12-07-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16123067)
WTG LG! :up:

Still same size pants for me - but no more muffin tops. :jumpjoy:

My bra cups have developed accordion pleats though! :cry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: on the accordian pleats! Yay on the no more muffin tops!

Librarygirl 12-07-2012 09:39 AM

lmaoooooo flossy! Time to make a trip to Victoria's? ;)

Anasmom 12-07-2012 11:27 AM

You all are too great, I'm so happy I'm not the only one with lying pants syndrome. I'll go measure now and report back with the inches. I do feel smaller everywhere except the belly, so I will be thankful for that and pull up my big girl pants:hyst:and move on!!! Today is a DD so I have lots of cleaning projects to do. Last DD I completely emptied and cleaned and reorganized my fridge, this JUDDD energy is awesome!:jumpjoy:, :heart: Ellen/Anasmom

C'Marie 12-07-2012 11:36 AM

I'll chime in, although you have gotten some killer great responses.

One thing my doctor told me is, after I had lost a bunch of weight and about 6 inches in my waist, and a few on hips/thighs, I had this PAIN in my stomach/lower area and was afraid I had a hernia or something. He poked around in there and told me that with the increased room to move I was probably moving MORE unconsiously now and therefore was using muscles I didn't even realize I hadn't been moving. That could be the uncomfortableness in stomach or thigh/hip area for some of you. Just a thought :)

I walk with a cane and I have a bad left hip, but the more I lose, the more I am able to move that area even though some of the muscles/whatever's in there is actually frozen down. But the fat loss means what I CAN move has more room TO move. IYKWIM.

tandc90 12-07-2012 11:58 AM

I lost 45 pounds a couple of years ago and didn't see any pants size change for the first 25 or so. It was very discouraging. However, once I got past that point I could hardly keep up with clothing it changed so quickly. I had about 80 to lose total so I suspect that was why. Even when I got down to a 14 borderline 12 I had a big bulging belly so I think it all depends on how you carry weight also.

vilanteira 12-07-2012 12:02 PM

It's been said here and elsewhere that losing weight/fat is like unraveling a roll of toilet paper. :laugh: At the beginning, the roll of toilet paper doesn't look like it's gone down in size much, but towards the end, that roll definitely gets smaller faster with less toilet paper being pulled off of it.

Anasmom 12-07-2012 12:28 PM

I like these visual explanations, especially like the idea of losing lots of internal/organ fat, and maybe theres so much extra room in there it fills up with air and causes gas pains??? Anyway, I did measure and have lost 1/2 inch on waist, 1/2 inch on upper arms, 1 inch on hips and almost THREE inches on thighs!!! Wow, thats exciting, I'll be ready for shorts weather this coming spring! Woot Woot:jumpjoy::heart:ellen

Rayne_W 12-07-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16122500)
Yeppers, been there.

I worn the same :stars: size for 27 pounds. Then the sizes started dropping fast - every 10ish, then every 5ish pounds. :hyst: I took to only buying one pair of jeans in each new size after not even having time to wear one pair of size 10s before it was too baggy to stay up.

Visceral fat is the first to go. That is internal fat that packs in tightly around your organs ... and increases health risk. Depending on how you are arranged inside a lot of that can go without making much difference to your size. But, deep inside, your heart, lungs, etc are breathing a deep sigh of relief.

It is likely, especially if your waist has not changed much, that JUDDD is still doing internal clean-up duty. This too shall pass and, hopefully soon, the pants will become truthful.

Oh, and one other thing, when you have time try on the next smaller size. You may be surprised.

:goodpost: I had no idea -- really good to know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16122552)

Sounds like the end result of the ridiculous vanity sizing that's taken over the clothing industry. :annoyed:

Flossyliz 12-07-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anasmom (Post 16123412)
I did measure and have lost 1/2 inch on waist, 1/2 inch on upper arms, 1 inch on hips and almost THREE inches on thighs!!! Wow, thats exciting, I'll be ready for shorts weather this coming spring! Woot Woot:jumpjoy::heart:ellen

Awesome! You'll soon be retiring those lying pants!! :jumpjoy:

Luv2Eat 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anasmom (Post 16123412)
I like these visual explanations, especially like the idea of losing lots of internal/organ fat, and maybe theres so much extra room in there it fills up with air and causes gas pains??? Anyway, I did measure and have lost 1/2 inch on waist, 1/2 inch on upper arms, 1 inch on hips and almost THREE inches on thighs!!! Wow, thats exciting, I'll be ready for shorts weather this coming spring! Woot Woot:jumpjoy::heart:ellen

:jumpjoy: That's some wonderful numbers!! :jumpjoy: You will be :sing: those summer shorts :clap:

LoCarbGal 12-07-2012 01:08 PM

Woo Hoo Ellen! You're doing it!

svenskamae 12-07-2012 01:10 PM

Congratulations on your losses to far, Ellen.

Something that occurred to me--are you eating and possibly sensitive to grains, such as wheat? A friend of mine experiences stomach pains and bloating of 1.5-2 inches in her waist when she eats gluten, and that could mask actual losses in someone's waist.

Carly 12-07-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 16123353)
It's been said here and elsewhere that losing weight/fat is like unraveling a roll of toilet paper. :laugh: At the beginning, the roll of toilet paper doesn't look like it's gone down in size much, but towards the end, that roll definitely gets smaller faster with less toilet paper being pulled off of it.

I love this visual!!!!!!

calichris 12-07-2012 01:31 PM

Same with me ... I was bummed that I had to lose over 20 pounds to change a size! Then I realized why ... here's the thread about the sizes:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...es-sizing.html

Librarygirl 12-07-2012 04:04 PM

I wear an 18W pants, but can now fit into some 16W's and some regular 18's, and regular Misses L blouses. Aiming for small, misses tops, and 10 or 8 misses bottoms. Dream on, lol, right?

Carly 12-07-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16123826)
I wear an 18W pants, but can now fit into some 16W's and some regular 18's, and regular Misses L blouses. Aiming for small, misses tops, and 10 or 8 misses bottoms. Dream on, lol, right?

No- with JUDDD it is totally possible. I believe!

Kissa 12-08-2012 04:08 PM

See, the inches show it is working. Well done.

Rowsdower 12-09-2012 05:46 PM

I have sort of the same problem. My pants and skirts are fitting much looser after dropping close to twenty pounds, but I still haven't made the all-powerful-and-life-changing switch to a smaller size like I want. And this is coming from someone who's trying to get from size 12/10 to size 8.

The biggest head-scratcher for me, though, is my back. I have this tiny roll on each side that absolutely refuses to go away. It will fade to almost nothing after a particularly awesome DD or the day after a good workout, so that tells me its probably water-weight related...but after twenty pounds gone, you'd think the roll would be more consistently gone, too. :annoyed:

So you're not the only one. I think we all have our stubborn spots, but if you keep JUDDDing and maybe try some resistance training, they'll eventually be beaten into submission. :workout: