Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Starting JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790851-starting-juddd.html)

tandc90 12-06-2012 07:46 PM

Starting JUDDD

Hi all. I tried JUDDD a few months ago and quit after a single day but I'm back. :) I've gained more weight, my clothes are tighter than ever, joints hurt, don't sleep well, Crohn's acting up. Basically I'm miserable. JUDDD has been in the back of my mind for a week or two now and finally today I decided to give it a go starting tomorrow.

I figure I can continue to be miserable or I can do something about it. JUDDD seems like something I can live my life around, especially once I read about the magic.

So, wish me luck. :shake:

My menu:

B - 1 egg, 1 sausage patty - 212
L - salad - w/ 3/4 T blue cheese -100
D - 3 oz chicken breast w/ 1/4 cup au gratin potatoes - 199
Total: 511 calories

JayLynn 12-06-2012 08:28 PM

Good luck! It looks like you are off to a good start.

And you've found the most wonderful group of buddies here to help you along.

Everyone here is so nice and willing to help with great information and lots of encouragement.

LoCarbGal 12-06-2012 09:24 PM

:welcome: to you! Glad you decided to give it another try. If you can get past the first week or two of adjustment, you'll find it easier going. I actually didn't have much trouble adjusting to the DDs at all. I've had tougher DDs recently than I did in the beginning, and I think it's just all the holiday goodies around all the time, and maybe a touch of diet fatigue. Keep posting and let us know how you're progressing.

gotsomeold 12-07-2012 01:39 AM

:welcome:

Good plan.

This time, if DD seems too hard, (a) add calories a few at a time - sometimes a bite or two of food can make a huge difference, and (b) come scream for help. You can do this!!!

Jbinme 12-07-2012 02:11 AM

:welcome:
I'm glad you are giving JUDDD another try. Let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions.
Glad you're here:)

Carly 12-07-2012 03:38 AM

:welcome: back!
I know you can do it!

mom23kids 12-07-2012 04:19 AM

:welcome: Your first few DDs you'll be experimenting with what works best for you. For some, only having one meal a day with all of their calories, works best. For others including myself, eating small portions every 1-2 hours works best. Just play around with your DD food choices and see what works best for you :)

tooraloora 12-07-2012 04:48 AM

welcome back!

I found DDs hard at first... and still have the odd one with intense hunger. I like to eat a bit more bulk than I see in your menu, but YMMV... I eat a lot of shredded cabbage, usually with thinned down half fat mayo, for example. But I know some ppl mostly drink on DDs, or go with higher fat/protein, etc.

good luck this time :hugs:

Eieio 12-07-2012 06:44 AM

Yes u can! U get better. We we lye to u!
Ei

tandc90 12-07-2012 07:17 AM

Thanks all! Regarding the bulk, I do better Crohn's-wise with less fiber/veg. I'm already leery of my salad but have it planned anyway. I'm hoping once my Crohn's inflammation settles down from JUDDDing I can add in a lot more veggies. I love and miss them.

Great idea and thanks to the poster who suggested a bite of this or that rather than eating the whole thing. I hadn't thought of that at all.

I'm tired today from some medication I had to take last night so plan on sleeping a lot so that'll make the day zoom by. :)

Zib 12-07-2012 09:14 AM

Welcome back, TandC. Here's hoping the JUDDD magic is all yours soon!

There are threads on small portion/all-day eating ideas.

calichris 12-07-2012 10:38 AM

The first DD is often the very hardest one. Later, you will get much more comfortable with DDs. I've been JUDDDing for five months, and I've really been enjoying my DDs this week. I feel very focused, little to no hunger, good energy, easy to stay within 350-450 calories. Other DDs, even now, are a big hungrier, and I add a few more calories if I need to. I like to think I'm burning more fat on those days. :D When you're starting out, you can raise your DD calories a bit too if 500 is too hard. My philosophy is that this is the "no suffering" diet, and you will eventually be fine with the lower calories if your up days are close to target, so take more time to get there if you need to. Glad you gave it another shot ... I just love this WOE. It is the best thing I've ever tried hands down.

angie1 12-07-2012 01:22 PM

Welcome Welcome!!!! Sounds like you are off to a great start, looking forward to hearing about your journey :)

Kissa 12-08-2012 02:47 AM

Welcome indeed, have a look at our December Newbies thread to meet more new JUDDD BUDDDs.

tandc90 12-08-2012 04:17 AM

Thanks again for all the support and welcomes! :)

reese 12-11-2012 04:27 AM

:welcome: Good luck!! I know you will do great :)