Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   my blood test results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790752-my-blood-test-results.html)

soon 12-05-2012 03:32 PM

my blood test results

My doctor called me today with my blood test results. My a1c has dropped dramatically but still a little high. Am gonna rethink my up days and certainly no potatoes, But even better my metabolic panel shows me normal in everty thing kidney function and liver function my two biggest worries. The only abnormal reading was my carbon dioxide was alittle low have no clue what that means dr just sad it wasnt anything to worry about he explained it in "dr speak" but I never learned dr speak.:lol:

KeirasMom 12-05-2012 03:59 PM

Awesome! My last bloodwork showed my carbon dioxide was high and I read somewhere that's a classic indicator of weight loss. Not sure why yours would be low. Great job on the other results! :high5:

Whitlin' 12-05-2012 05:21 PM

So happy for you, soon!

Shari4 12-05-2012 10:24 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I know how good that feels!! I had mine done about 3 weeks ago & my doc said it was all normal! That was something I hadn't heard in years!!! :clap: I don't know anything about carbon dioxide levels. Not sure mine have ever been tested?

Keep doing what you're doing! It's obviously working!

LoCarbGal 12-05-2012 10:28 PM

Great news, Soon! I don't know anything about the CO2 reading. I don't think I've ever been tested for that.

Flossyliz 12-06-2012 03:04 AM

:clap: That's wonderful news Soon!

gotsomeold 12-06-2012 03:24 AM

:jumpjoy: Happy Dance for Soon! :jumpjoy:

This is redundant, but it always makes me happy: Stabilizing/improving health is one of the best ways to know our weight loss is healthy and sustainable!

Carly 12-06-2012 07:35 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
Yay- that's great!

NoWeigh 12-06-2012 07:41 AM

Great News!!!!

Eieio 12-06-2012 08:22 AM

I googled co2 levels, very interesting. I skimmed one site, will read more later.

I also had blood work up in July. So after reading this morning of ur blood works?
I had to dig out my results!
Mine Co2 level is 9
Normal readings are 5-20
Interesting huh?
Either up or low co2 is not good. Surprise!
From my dibble mind I gathered use of steroids- laxatives, or owning scooters could caz upper levers of co2. I added that scooter part- tease for Dawn.
Low levels mean problems with copd-confusion-( which I have more now-a days.) symptoms- cold toes, fingers, can't remember everything now. Surprise!
Soon, sometime give it a google.
High levels of CO2 doesn't not mean standing to close to scooters. I think that's right! Smile.

Eieio 12-06-2012 08:26 AM

How also think flushed face was on the lower level... I have Rosaha( misspelled )
Red faced at times, more so on windy days, cold brrr.
curious Soon, do u have Flushed feeling in your face, and redder face at those times.
I don't mean just bashful face.

LoCarbGal 12-06-2012 08:31 AM

That's interesting about the facial redness. I read somewhere that doing breathing exercises helped reduce facial redness. Maybe the increased oxygen, which is almost always a good thing, and increased CO2? I have been interested in breathing for fat burning. Jumpstart Your Metabolism by Pam Grout is interesting, and I've done some of the exercises. I should be more regular with them - they do make you feel great!

LuckyLou 12-06-2012 09:36 AM

Great results Soon... Woohoooooooooo :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

KeirasMom 12-06-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 16120927)
I also had blood work up in July. So after reading this morning of ur blood works?
I had to dig out my results!
Mine Co2 level is 9
Normal readings are 5-20
Interesting huh?
Either up or low co2 is not good. Surprise!
From my dibble mind I gathered use of steroids- laxatives, or owning scooters could caz upper levers of co2. I added that scooter part- tease for Dawn.
Low levels mean problems with copd-confusion-( which I have more now-a days.) symptoms- cold toes, fingers, can't remember everything now. Surprise!
Soon, sometime give it a google.
High levels of CO2 doesn't not mean standing to close to scooters. I think that's right! Smile.

:cool:

Shari4 12-06-2012 12:32 PM

soon, I re-checked my labs from 3 weeks ago. My CO2 is always tested! I didn't realize that because they're always normal. :p My CO2 was 24. My lab says 17-30 is normal. So, I guess I'm ok. Interesting.