Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I think I'm gonna do it... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790636-i-think-im-gonna-do.html)

Carly 12-04-2012 03:18 AM

I think I'm gonna do it...

I'm going to try a maitenance break for the rest of December.
I think I will do 2 really low DDs during the week for the rest of December(because I do love DD energy and want to keep sirts flowing) and just eat reasonably on the other days- maybe a 3rd higher DD too depending on how the scale is going. Today is an UD and tomorrow I have my procedure so I can't eat before and don't know how I'll feel after, but I think I need to know I can do it (maintain) and not gain. At some point early in 2013 I hope to call goal and I really need to know I can maintain. I know how to JUDDD and lose- got that, but maintenance is a new concept for me. My long term maintenance plan is very low DDs M, W, F and eat with in reason, but enjoy T, TH, Sat and Sun. Today I'm at 136.6- so I want to keep the bounce between 138.0 and 135.0- here it goes!

Joyjoy 12-04-2012 03:24 AM

Great plan, Carly. You'll do as beautifully with maintenance as you have done with losing. What an excellent JUDDD model you are. :):heart:

Carly 12-04-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16116004)
Great plan, Carly. You'll do as beautifully with maintenance as you have done with losing. What an excellent JUDDD model you are. :):heart:

:shake: you, too, my friend!
While I'm at it- being all wild and crazy- I will modify my goal- since I just don't think 112 is where I should be at this time. I'm gonna step it up to 117 and go from there.

gotsomeold 12-04-2012 03:37 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: That is a great plan!

I tried maintenance mode a few times before I called goal. Like you, I kept the SIRTs flowing by having some low DDs and doing Fast 5 when appropriate. Each time I went back to wlm, I had np adjusting, or returned to my 2 pounds evicted/week pattern immediately.

Result? When I called goal - for the first time in my life - sliding into steady, stable, happy maintenance was a complete non-event - for the first time in my life.

GREAT PLAN!! HAVE FUN!!!

PS: Do I sound too much like a commercial for JUDDD?

Jbinme 12-04-2012 03:40 AM

It think it sounds like a great plan. I wish I would have had a maintenance plan but I've just been trying to figure it out as I go. I think I'm finally working it out though.
Great job Carly!:)

Flossyliz 12-04-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16116008)
: While I'm at it- being all wild and crazy-

Go for it!! Don't forget the Relax, Rejoice part of Cindy's mantra!

Enjoy being all wild and crazy and I hope your procedure goes well tomorrow :heart:

zipp2play 12-04-2012 05:19 AM

It's a great plan, one I myself had decided to do for December as well! Let us know how things go

gotsomeold 12-04-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 16116019)
It think it sounds like a great plan. I wish I would have had a maintenance plan but I've just been trying to figure it out as I go. I think I'm finally working it out though.
Great job Carly!:)

I believe there will always be a bit of 'figure it out as you go' to maintenance. After all, it is your maintenance and only you can know what feels and works best for you.

HOWEVER, the bottom line is "keep rotating". Up your DDs? Give it a try. Keep DDs low and give new meaning to UUADs. May be perfect for you. Mingle low and higher DDs to keep the SIRTs flowing but stop weight loss. Sounds good. Watch your bounces and have a few super low DDs if/when you bounce too high? Sounds like fun.

There is a lot of freedom here. A lot of trial and error.

But, nowhere near as much as non-JUDDD. One of the plans I was on, they told me to slowly add calories each day, slowly reduce calories when I started gaining, and if I gained too much they would welcome me back.

Hmmm. I may be stupid........

Keep rotating.

angie1 12-04-2012 05:47 AM

I think that sounds like a great plan!!! :)

Even though I am in weight loss mode... I think my goal will also be just to maintain this month due to these crazyyyy UUADs!!

GrannyPants 12-04-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16116060)
Go for it!! Don't forget the Relax, Rejoice part of Cindy's mantra!

Enjoy being all wild and crazy and I hope your procedure goes well tomorrow :heart:

Yep... Enjoy the season. You can handle it.. you have all the tools.....Good luck tomorrow.:hugs:

sterlinggirl 12-04-2012 06:18 AM

Great plan, Some times we need that break, when doing it for so long we just want to be able to eat what ever or when ever (within reason of course).. I my self tryed the maintenance part for just that reason.. i wanted a break of sorts.. Result was... it works, i ate freely on both days BUT... I then felt like i needed to work on my new goal and was finally ready to do so by taking a break!! :hugs: Wishing you stressfreee eating for DECEMBER~ Enjoy~ :heart:oh and has any one told you.. You are BEAUTIFUL~:heart:

LoCarbGal 12-04-2012 06:33 AM

Great idea, Carly. I know you'll do just fine on maintenance. You've got this. You can enjoy all the holiday foods and drinks without worrying, keep a few low DDs and maintain your energy, and come January, you'll be all gung ho on WLM again. I'm so excited for you that you're so close to goal!!!

Babsbabs 12-04-2012 06:45 AM

Sounds like a great plan Carly! You look fantastic in your picture and you have achieved so much! Enjoy maintenance! :)

Carly 12-04-2012 07:06 AM

Thanks ladies. I have been in WLM for about 10 mos, so I think this maintenance break is important physically and emotionally. I also really need to show myself that I can maintain. I need my mind to catch up with my body. I still see myself as really heavy in some ways and I want to start to see myself as thinner. Not as a thinner imposter- if that makes sense. I think I can start to make that happen by staying put at this weight for a few weeks and then really re-evaluating where goal should be. I may not know until I arrive and that is OK, too.

sunday 12-04-2012 07:14 AM

I love this idea Carly! :love:

I am going to do it as well! I will start on Dec 20 and go to Jan 3. I want to enjoy my family and hopefully maintain my losses! :)

I agree with Kimberly, you look AMAZING! :high5:

KeirasMom 12-04-2012 07:32 AM

I'm a huge proponent of periodic maintenance breaks. I never thought I'd get to that point with my all or nothing attitude about dieting, but I've done it a few times and it really does seem to sort of reset my attitude.

You'll do great, and I'm hoping it gives you the piece of mind you're seeking. :heart:

Luv2Eat 12-04-2012 07:34 AM

Carly, that sounds like a good plan, I like the idea of not having a tightly restricted DD on the weekend.
I think I know what you mean about the mind catching up with the body, and the thin imposter. The body image thing is a struggle.
Agreed about the avatar, you're beautiful in the newest one! Love that smile!
You and your doctors will be in my :aprayer:

ilahstrait 12-05-2012 04:16 PM

I think your plan sounds great. I too am in a maintenance break. So far so good. I have found that for the first time in my life I am keeping my weight off without being in weight loss mode. :)

jem51 12-07-2012 10:29 AM

I was just saying, in another post, that keeping some rotation is important to keeping SIRT1 intact.

Your plan sounds perfect.

route66 12-12-2012 10:49 AM

How's it going, Carly? Update please... :-)

You inspired me to not be so obsessed about my DD cals this month. I decided that I will keep rotations, but my DD can be up to 1000 cal. Has totally freed my mind for the holidays and social events. If I am the same on Jan 1 as Dec 1 it won't be a big deal - I have already prepared myself. Truth is I am at a new low today without even trying. I LOVE JUDD. Thank you!!!

sungoddess 12-12-2012 11:36 AM

I am all for taking maintenance breaks. After all, in the long run, that is the ultimate achievement. Keeping it off! You have done such a great job and are an inspiration to us all. :high5:

Carly 12-13-2012 07:10 PM

I am enjoying the break. It was much needed. Not because of diet fatigue, as much as my brain still sees me as obese, morbidly obese. My brain has not caught up to my body and I'm all kinds of confused about when I will actually reach goal. I already raised it by 5 pounds but get looks of terrors when I tell people I'd like to lose another 15-17 pounds.

My plans have been to do DD MWF and UD T TH S S. But tomorrow is my company holiday party so will be and UD and may make Saturday a DD, but I may not and just have 3 UDs. I'm being flexible this month which I have not previously been on my JUDDD journey. I don't know if I would have been successful being flexible in WLM, but being flexible in maintenance seems to work for me. Here is the thing. My appetite is tiny now. I get stuffed from 3 chicken wings with celery and dip. That was my UD dinner:dunno:

But after losing vigorously for 9 mos, this was a good thing for me to try on for size.

sdjade 12-13-2012 07:25 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear that your plan is going well! You got this, girl! :high5: