Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Is eating a lot of chocolate on UDs bad? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790594-eating-lot-chocolate-uds-bad.html)

WeightLoss 12-03-2012 12:18 PM

Is eating a lot of chocolate on UDs bad?

Hey guys... I'm a big chocolate addict! I LOVE CHOCOLATE! So on my UDs, I eat chocolate often... not a lot, but I eat lets say about 300 calories worth of chocolate. I was just wondering is this a bad thing or is it ok since I am within my calorie limit?

STARTED AT: 189.9 on October 14th
NOW AT: 174.4 on December 3rd

angie1 12-03-2012 01:10 PM

I would say 200-300 calories on chocolate or any treat on an UD is fine!! Especially when getting used to the rotations :)

Joyjoy 12-03-2012 01:14 PM

WL, well, you're down fifteen pounds eating your chocolate, so my guess is that unless you're burglarizing corner stores for it or something, you're doing okay.

Different story if you see that building to 1500 cals of chocolate every UD, I suppose, but you'd know if it were getting out of control.
This is the beauty of JUDDD. Our choices, our results. Enjoy. :):heart:

mom23kids 12-03-2012 01:17 PM

I've been treating myself to pieces of chocolate on some of my UDs :) That's the beauty of UDs-you can eat what you want and the weight still falls off :love:

Luv2Eat 12-03-2012 01:36 PM

:up: I've been eating treats that I haven't allowed myself to eat for over 30 years - I figure we only live once - if I can lose weight eating treats, that's between me and my fat cells :laugh: Eventually, I'll tire of this particular treat, maybe :up: I just watch the scale and pull back if the needle moves the wrong direction, knowing I can have said treat again next month ;)

sterlinggirl 12-03-2012 01:50 PM

Its so exciting to know that.. its no WHAT you eat on JUDDD.. it only about the daily caloires!~ WTG you..:hugs: :jumpjoy: Keep on enjoying that choc and losing weight~

Luna Loca 12-03-2012 02:02 PM

:goodpost: What they said. Enjoy!

Carly 12-03-2012 02:14 PM

Yup! JUDDD doesn't care about the composition of the calories. Your body might not be nourished if you ate your entire alotment on all chocolate, but a treat should be no problem.

gotsomeold 12-03-2012 02:52 PM

:rofl::eek::eek:

As long as you stay within your planned calories (this gets a bit loose on vacations and special days), as long as it does not trigger UUADs or binges, you can eat dirt smudged paper and JUDDD does not care. You can eat Autumn leaves flavored with grass clippings. It's all good. All of it. But, chocolate is waaaay better.:yummy:

Flutter 12-03-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16115245)
:rofl::eek::eek:

As long as you stay within your planned calories (this gets a bit loose on vacations and special days), as long as it does not trigger UUADs or binges, you can eat dirt smudged paper and JUDDD does not care. You can eat Autumn leaves flavored with grass clippings. It's all good. All of it. But, chocolate is waaaay better.:yummy:

:hyst: love it!

I hope so! I love chocolate, too. It always gets me when low carbing bc I miss it so and then throw everything away when I get too resentful. ;) I plan on baking with my kids and making their fav chocolates with no guilt this Christmas! Hopefully I will lose a bit in the process! :)

adillenal 12-03-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16115033)
WL, well, you're down fifteen pounds eating your chocolate, so my guess is that unless you're burglarizing corner stores for it or something, you're doing okay.

Different story if you see that building to 1500 cals of chocolate every UD, I suppose, but you'd know if it were getting out of control.
This is the beauty of JUDDD. Our choices, our results. Enjoy. :):heart:

Well, I will admit to eating 1500 calories of chocolate on a couple of occasions during the past year when I bought fudge from the Sacred Heart School fundraisers. SO GOOD!!!:hyst: And I still made it to maintenance.:)

Joyjoy 12-03-2012 04:38 PM

And I ate boxes of skinny cows at a time. I'd rather not be reminded, frankly. :hyst:
:):heart:

Librarygirl 12-03-2012 05:03 PM

Well, I have been eating white fudge covered oreos and chocolate chip cookeis with christmas icing, if you must know. :D :D Then again, it's my DD. :D I claim the flu as the reason for my unrestrained decadence. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Luv2Eat 12-03-2012 05:06 PM

:yummy: Tomorrow is another day! ;)

Lee55 12-03-2012 06:56 PM

I allow myself chocolate covered almonds on my UD. I love my chocolate and so far it has stopped the weight loss.

sorenkkg 12-03-2012 09:00 PM

I credit (or blame? :annoyed: ) JUDDD for finally turning me to the dark side. Very dark chocolate side, that is ;)

I really can't tolerate SAs any more-- so russel stover and I have broken up. DH can visit with him, and we do have 3 bathrooms for 2 humans in this house, but still :eek:

So I was leaning toward 85% chocolate a while ago. Then JUDDD came along, and I jumped in with all my feet. Um, that's 2. 2 feet. :)

So now, when the Lindt 85% is on sale at Winners (which is the canadian TJMaxx), we buy it.
When I see Green & Black's different varieties of 85%, I buy them.

Basically, if it says 85% or 86%, I'll try it, to see what the differences are.

However... don't eat 90%. Yuk. Tastes totally unsweetened and might as well just use it as such for baking.

re: how much? I'm good for 200-300cals on any given UD and usually leave room for it, b/c hey, it's a health food. :D
S.

gotsomeold 12-04-2012 02:01 AM

I have a stash of Gherardelli 100% dark chocolate (74 calories a square). I bought it for cooking. But, one evening when I was calorie deficit for the day and really, really needed a fix...:yummy:

dawnyama 12-04-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeightLoss (Post 16114933)
Hey guys... I'm a big chocolate addict! I LOVE CHOCOLATE! So on my UDs, I eat chocolate often... not a lot, but I eat lets say about 300 calories worth of chocolate. I was just wondering is this a bad thing or is it ok since I am within my calorie limit?

STARTED AT: 189.9 on October 14th
NOW AT: 174.4 on December 3rd

How could eating chocolate be bad ;) I could live off it, I love it so much :love: Go for it :up:

calichris 12-04-2012 07:12 AM

No! It's not bad. And here's why: being able to have the formerly forbidden foods is part of what makes JUDDD work as a long term WOE. One day, maybe even fairly soon, you might not feel like chocolate, but you always know that you can have it. That is an extremely powerful, freeing, beautiful thing.

sunday 12-04-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16116387)
No! It's not bad. And here's why: being able to have the formerly forbidden foods is part of what makes JUDDD work as a long term WOE. One day, maybe even fairly soon, you might not feel like chocolate, but you always know that you can have it. That is an extremely powerful, freeing, beautiful thing.

It is! :love: :goodpost:

WeightLoss 12-04-2012 07:34 AM

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll have my chocolate!!!:)

sterlinggirl 12-04-2012 07:34 AM

I asked DH for Chocolate for Christmas!!:hyst:.. He looked at me real odd and i said,, its only one day dear and it wont ruin my figure lol.. so i plan to eat every bite i get that day even if its ALL OF MY CALS for the day!!! ~

Luv2Eat 12-04-2012 07:37 AM

:up: I've done this recently :o Was sure to take my multivitamin :cool:

AWholeNewWorld 12-05-2012 07:19 AM

Eating chocolate is definitely NOT bad! Make sure that you are eating healthy foods too, just for nutritional purposes but don't feel guilty about treats! That is the BEAUTY of JUDDD. I have only been on JUDDD for 3 weeks now and only have about 15 pounds more to lose and I have lost 6 pounds in these 3 weeks and I have eaten apple pie, ice cream, candy bars, dinners out, french fries, pizza....JUDDD is what I have been looking for my whole overweight life! I make sure to get in some fruit and veg everyday but I definately leave room for treats if I want them...the great thing though is that I don't want them nearly as much as before JUDDD. Instead of being an everyday thing they are a few times a week thing and that is a whole other accomplishment in itself! :laugh:

WeightLoss 12-05-2012 07:39 AM

That is great to hear AWholeNewWorld! Keep up the great work!