Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   16 Weeks: Who'da thought. . . (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790546-16-weeks-whoda-thought.html)

marlamp10 12-03-2012 12:56 AM

16 Weeks: Who'da thought. . .

I've had the urge to write this post for days, but always when I was doing something else. Then when I would get back to the computer everything I wanted to say was gone.

It's not much. It's just that I can't believe how much I love this program.

I have never in my life stuck with anything for 16 weeks that wasn't showing me fast (probably unhealthy) weight loss. I didn't think I had it in me to tolerate losing only a few lbs a month.

But I finally realized why I could do it: because on all the other plans I'm doing the same thing day after day and hoping the next day something good will finally happen. But with JUDDD, I never seem to have time to sink into despair. If I'm annoyed after a DD that I'm not showing loss, it only lasts a few minutes until I go "what the hell, I get to eat today anyway". And I'm no longer fixating on what's "not working" in my mind.

And I even love the DDs now, and never thought that would happen. I'm pretty much down to happily living with one meal a day. And because I can do that, I know that when my travel schedule starts up again in January, I should be able to handle it without going too crazy (unless I just want to).

The kicker is that I lost a pound after Thanksgiving, even after doing some serious overindulging. It was still just 4 lbs for the month, but dropping anything at all on the holiday week is just amazing.

And my blood pressure seems to be coming back down. After two readings that were borderline high earlier this year, last Wednesday it was 120/83.

I don't know what it is. It just seems so immensely TOLERABLE. I never thought that would be such a nice thing to say about a food plan.

Just happy. Thass' all.

LuckyLou 12-03-2012 04:19 AM

Isn't it utterly wonderful to be happy with a food plan :-) I'm just 2 weeks behind you, Marla, and like you am just at the stage where it doesn't cost me a thought (mostly). I was away this weekend and Saturday rattled along like any other DD and I truly enjoyed my UD Sunday.

And I'm finding the DD energy benefits popping up on UDs, not to mention the useful truth that hunger is not an emergency.

Rejoice rejoice rejoice, it is magic and I too am happy ;-)

Flutter 12-03-2012 04:26 AM

3 weeks for me now & I am really glad to hear you guys loving everything! I am still not relaxing enough. I'm trying! I love being able to come over here and read about so many people loving this way of life. I'm just going to keep on keeping on and have faith. (and pixie dust) LOL

Huge kudos to you, Maria!!! (and you, too, Lou!)

Joyjoy 12-03-2012 04:35 AM

Marla, that is SO beautifully said! It's thrilling to think of the power this gives you moving forward. Congratulations! And thanks for this post. :):heart:

Carly 12-03-2012 04:42 AM

Marla- I feel your "Juddd Calm" and it is beautiful. This WOE is so sustainable. I love that each and every day on Juddd is a new day. I think that is one of the best parts. KUTGW!

gotsomeold 12-03-2012 04:43 AM

:love: Marla! Give yourself a hug from me.

sunday 12-03-2012 05:19 AM

Marla! I agree about Thanksgiving! To love the plan, you must be able to live your life without dread! In years past, I would cringe and even avoid the scale but this is my first Thanksgiving that I am loving that I could enjoy it and not dread the weigh in! :cool:

I love to watch others discover the beauty of JUDDDing! :love: Thanks for sharing your discovery! :hugs:

KeirasMom 12-03-2012 07:24 AM

Beautifully put. :love:

mom23kids 12-03-2012 07:28 AM

:high5:

dipgal 12-03-2012 07:43 AM

:goodpost: Thanks and congrats!!!

LoCarbGal 12-03-2012 08:22 AM

Wonderful post, Marla! You are really doing great, and the acceptance you speak of is so important. This is all about control and enjoying life, and we all get to do that with JUDDD, and each other. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Zib 12-03-2012 08:58 AM

Losing a pound after Thanksgiving. Isn't that amazing!

angie1 12-03-2012 09:03 AM

You are doing so great! and I agree with everything you have said!!! I have lost 20 pounds with JUDDD and it just seems so MAINTAINABLE FOR LIFE. This is what I really love :heart: !!!

I can honestly see myself doing this plan forever, which was never possible with other plans because there is no way I can keep chicken/fish/veggies or 1200 calories day "lifestyle" forever.

I find it very easy to maintain my weight with JUDDD, and with a little extra effort lose weight!!! :D

great post and happy to hear your success!! :)

sungoddess 12-03-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlamp10 (Post 16113713)

It's just that I can't believe how much I love this program.

I have never in my life stuck with anything for 16 weeks that wasn't showing me fast (probably unhealthy) weight loss. I didn't think I had it in me to tolerate losing only a few lbs a month.

This is SO monumental. I completely relate to that thing of wanting the fast weight loss. I am a slower loser these days, and I get it. Congratulations on reframing how you think. Maria, you are doing grea!:jumpjoy:

AWholeNewWorld 12-03-2012 11:17 AM

So Inspiring!! :up:

JayLynn 12-03-2012 11:32 AM

Marla, So happy JUDDD is working for you! Its so wonderful to get off the diet rollercoaster and find a plan that really works for those of us who have been trying for so long.

So good your BP is improved. The health benefits of this WOE is what convinced me to give it a chance. My numbers were also headed in the wrong direction, but improving every day.

gotitnow 12-03-2012 03:24 PM

:hugs:Marla....couldn't agree more!:hugs: Love being part of the "Happy JUDDERS Club!!!":D

Phyl:heart:

Carly 12-03-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16115183)
:hugs:Marla....couldn't agree more!:hugs: Love being part of the "Happy JUDDERS Club!!!":D

Phyl:heart:

Yes- the happy juddder's club! That is us!

Debrat3 12-03-2012 09:31 PM

Marla thanks for posting. I love reading peoples storys. I have never been on a diet and I have been on a few that I didnt feel guilt or shame eating at functions. JUDD is so freeing that way.

sorenkkg 12-03-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlamp10 (Post 16113713)

And I even love the DDs now, and never thought that would happen. I'm pretty much down to happily living with one meal a day. And because I can do that, I know that when my travel schedule starts up again in January, I should be able to handle it without going too crazy (unless I just want to).

:hugs: I know, right? :D

And I traveled a lot last year, and will travel some this year too-- and I love how this fits in. Eat, don't eat. No special foods unless you want to do that.
Maybe do "fast 5" on a given day, maybe raise some cals on a dd, maybe fast entirely... it's so great to have some freedom again.

Thanks for posting! KUTGW!!! :D
:hugs: S.

tooraloora 12-04-2012 07:44 AM

I am very happy for you... hooray :high5:

Luv2Eat 12-04-2012 08:46 AM

The Happy JUDDDer's Club! Love it! Marla, thank you for sharing your story, it's so uplifting and graceful. I will never tire of reading Happy JUDDD accounts :high5:

Deen73 12-07-2012 12:53 PM

What a great post, Marla! I remember talking on a thread with you back in September -- and had noticed that our stats were almost the same (beginning weight and current). Well, you are now much lower in your current weight! Wtg! Makes me wish I'd never fallen off the JUDDD wagon -- but, more than that, it's just more confirmation that this WOE works and is sustainable. And I'm sure as heck not going anywhere this time! :)

stephdray 12-07-2012 04:13 PM

Right there with you. I'm so glad you're happy. I feel amazed. I've never loved any diet I was ever on, but I love JUDDD.

reese 12-08-2012 07:04 AM

I totally agree with you...couldn't imagine eating any other way now!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kissa 12-08-2012 12:13 PM

I am so sorry I missed this until today. You are a wonderful example to us all that JUDDD is so freeing.

I am delighted that you are happy and loving JUDDD.

jacci48 12-09-2012 11:28 AM

Totally agree with you Marla, judding is simply the best WOE ever, I have never enjoyed dieting before but Im loving it now!!