Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I Need TWEAKING!!!

Hi Everyone I started JUDD October 1 and to date have lost 10 pds. but have gone back up a couple pds. I will be honest there have been a couple days that I didnt count but definately keep my DD cals in tow. I do not Low carb, I eat what I want within my calories. On Most DD I do the 1 bag cabbage 100 cals,3 oz. chicken 110 cals and 1 laughing cow wedge. I usually wait till dinner to eat and thats my dd menu. I tried the potato day but it left me feeling more hungry, maybe it was in my head. I think I do better with same thing lol. Anyway so tonight I went to Johnson website put in my numbers and maybe I did it wrong but at 20% it said I should be eating 2675 cals on up days and 535 on DD. First I have been eating at 2000 on UD's and 500 on DD. I am not concerned about the DD calories cause I know lower can be better, I think. I dont want to come off whiney and always complaining, but I want this to work. I dont know what to do? I could say maybe its menopause or my hypothyroid but Im not willing to let that be my issue.Any suggestions would be great. I am open for what insight you may all have. does JUDD not work for everyone? I have nothing else so this has to work for me.
PS forgot I do have 80 cals in coffee on DD too.

weight 257/235/130
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Debbie - I totally understand your struggles and frustration, and I think you're right, something may need a little tweaking. Those "new" UD calories don't sound right to me though, they sound too high. We're almost exactly the same height and weight, and I'm at 2272 and losing. That's my original UD figure. If I used my current weight, it would be 2150. That's at little or no activity (lowest choice) and 20% WLM. I'm not sure about your age, but if you're having menopause, then we're probably pretty close in age too.

I'm sure some of the more experienced JBs will chime in with some suggestions. It could be that you're still healing internally and just need to give it more time. It could be that your body has gotten used to your eating the same things and at the same calorie levels. I hope someone will have some great ideas for you.

Please don't feel like you're whining. This is an obstacle, and you have done amazingly well sticking to it this long. And you have lost 10 pounds, which is great! Not as fast as you want, I know. Please hang in there and know we're with you, and hoping for things to shift into gear for you very soon!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks LCG I am 52 tomorrow, 5'3" 245 today. I must of put it in the Johnson calculator wrong. Im going to go check again right now.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I redid the calculations over at Johnsons. I dont know what I did but I was WAAAAY off. It says I should be 2128 UD 426 DD.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Be sure you click on pounds and not leave it on kg's. That sometimes happens!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Hi Debbie:

First of all, good job for hanging in so far. I'm a couple of years older than you, heading into menopause (had two TOMs in October and none in November, still waiting), and my loss has not been steady at all. But it's gradually happening. I even had a month something like yours--on September 1 I weighed 230 and on the 30th I weighed 229.6! That was depressing. But it seemed to get better the longer I kept at it, and the next month was a 4 lb loss.

I've lost 18 lbs in a little over 16 weeks, and there have been times when I thought the daily scale number would never move. One thing that seems to have made a little difference is that I now exercise on my DDs--nothing crazy, but I walk on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes. I used to think I could never exercise on DDs, but now it feels great.

The other thing for me has been getting my water intake up so that I'm not retaining quite as much water. I think most of the time when I'm seeing gains or stalls, it's because my body is not processing things as quickly for some reason. When I up my water intake, I tend to see the numbers go down a little faster.

Lord knows, there could be any number of thing affecting it. But it sounds like you're doing things right foodwise. It's possible that a whoosh may be right around the corner for you. Hang in there!

"I don’t believe in optimism. I believe in optimal behavior. That's a different thing . . . Action is hope. . . . It doesn’t matter how good it is, or how bad - you did it.

--Ray Bradbury, R.I.P.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Debbie, I think you just tweaked yourself with those numbers! I'll bet that's all you needed. Congrats for the losses and for the smart tweaking.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The 2 things that I did that I feel may have helped my weightloss that were not JUDDD related are: try to limit myself to 1 glass of diet soda a week and almost totally stopped drinking coffee on DDs. I have weeks that I don't do great with one or both of these, but my overall consuption is WAY, WAY down. Don't know if it helped, but I do feel better when I skip the diet soda all together and I really like my coffee with more half and half than calories I wish to spend on a DD so I've done pretty well with fresh brewed tea or iced tea and lots of water with Mio drops.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Debbie, I just want share a big ol hug for figuring this out!

Keeping fingers crossed for some good whooshes this week!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Hi Everyone I started JUDD October 1 and to date have lost 10 pds. but have gone back up a couple pds. I will be honest there have been a couple days that I didnt count but definately keep my DD cals in tow. I do not Low carb, I eat what I want within my calories. On Most DD I do the 1 bag cabbage 100 cals,3 oz. chicken 110 cals and 1 laughing cow wedge. I usually wait till dinner to eat and thats my dd menu. I tried the potato day but it left me feeling more hungry, maybe it was in my head. I think I do better with same thing lol. Anyway so tonight I went to Johnson website put in my numbers and maybe I did it wrong but at 20% it said I should be eating 2675 cals on up days and 535 on DD. First I have been eating at 2000 on UD's and 500 on DD. I am not concerned about the DD calories cause I know lower can be better, I think. I dont want to come off whiney and always complaining, but I want this to work. I dont know what to do? I could say maybe its menopause or my hypothyroid but Im not willing to let that be my issue.Any suggestions would be great. I am open for what insight you may all have. does JUDD not work for everyone? I have nothing else so this has to work for me.
PS forgot I do have 80 cals in coffee on DD too.
Patience is key. You have lost more in 2 months on JUDDD than I did. I lost 1 pound per week or less. Started January 8, 2012 and I am now in maintenance after losing 36 pounds during that time. Very slowly. It works but for me it was a very slow process.

I started with 500 DD/2000UD. I continued that for awhile. Then dropped the DD calories and kept the UD number. Even now in maintenance I do very low DD's so I can have higher UD's.

It is an experiment to see what works for yourself. But my suggestion is to just be patient. I lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks 10 years ago doing LCLF so it was hard for me to drag out this process over almost a year. But I did and I am happy.

I LOVE JUDDD. But it can e a test in perserverance.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Okay, this is what I'm talking about! My thoughts:

1) Your body is in hormonal flux. It would be nice, but we cannot ignore that - this is all about figuring out what you need. And you may not need as long a period of fasting as some others do. The uneven energy of trying to restrict yourself to one meal a day may be stressing you too much. Tina described this as (and I am paraphrasing) 'diving right through fat-burning into fat-holding'.

I encourage you to spread some of those DD calories out over the course of the day. Have a salad, with one of those ounces of protein, for lunch. Eat yogurt or have a shake or something for breakfast. Even if it means taking your DD calories over 500, that still has you in weight loss mode (I checked the website).

Over time, as your SIRTs build up and body firmly establishes fat-burning mode you may find lower cal or fewer meal DDs come naturally. But, right now, I suspect you are diving.

Ditto spreading calories out on UDs although you may already be doing that.

2) Fluids are important. Do not let yourself get into dehydration stress. That one leads to fat-holding also because the body's fat mechanism and hydration mechanism use the same tools - fat cells - and are hugely interdependent. As Carly says, if your body is sensitive to dehydration yo may not know it but too much coffee or tea or other dehydrating drink can tip the balance.

3) Have you noticed any patterns in how your body reacts to foods? Meaning, do you get hungry quickly or find yourself thinking about the next meal a lot even though you are not hungry, after eating certain things? If so, those foods may be invoking an insulin surge and keeping you out of balance (even though you do not eat anything more, free-floating insulin hanging around with nothing to do is not healthy and can stress some bodies into 'holding'). Try removing those foods for a few weeks...long enough to build up your SIRTs. Then re-introduce them in small amounts and watch your reaction. And, yes, I may be talking about something as innocuous as celery.

4) Assuming carbs are not an insulin-invoking issue, try adding 1/4 cup of precooked rice to your cabbage stir-fry. Or eat a slice of bread (or a small potato ) with the meal. See if a few carbs shake things up and give your body the energy to start burning.

You can do this!!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-03-2012 at 05:59 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Looks like the experts have you covered, so I'll just add a big !
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Okay, this is what I'm talking about! My thoughts:

1) Your body is in hormonal flux. It would be nice, but we cannot ignore that - this is all about figuring out what you need. And you may not need as long a period of fasting as some others do. The uneven energy of trying to restrict yourself to one meal a day may be stressing you too much. Tina described this as (and I am paraphrasing) 'diving right through fat-burning into fat-holding'.

I encourage you to spread some of those DD calories out over the course of the day. Have a salad, with one of those ounces of protein, for lunch. Eat yogurt or have a shake or something for breakfast. Even if it means taking your DD calories over 500, that still has you in weight loss mode (I checked the website).

Over time, as your SIRTs build up and body firmly establishes fat-burning mode you may find lower cal or fewer meal DDs come naturally. But, right now, I suspect you are diving.

Ditto spreading calories out on UDs although you may already be doing that.

2) Fluids are important. Do not let yourself get into dehydration stress. That one leads to fat-holding also because the body's fat mechanism and hydration mechanism use the same tools - fat cells - and are hugely interdependent. As Carly says, if your body is sensitive to dehydration yo may not know it but too much coffee or tea or other dehydrating drink can tip the balance.

3) Have you noticed any patterns in how your body reacts to foods? Meaning, do you get hungry quickly or find yourself thinking about the next meal a lot even though you are not hungry, after eating certain things? If so, those foods may be invoking an insulin surge and keeping you out of balance (even though you do not eat anything more, free-floating insulin hanging around with nothing to do is not healthy and can stress some bodies into 'holding'). Try removing those foods for a few weeks...long enough to build up your SIRTs. Then re-introduce them in small amounts and watch your reaction. And, yes, I may be talking about something as innocuous as celery.

4) Assuming carbs are not an insulin-invoking issue, try adding 1/4 cup of precooked rice to your cabbage stir-fry. Or eat a slice of bread (or a small potato ) with the meal. See if a few carbs shake things up and give your body the energy to start burning.

You can do this!!!!
Wow thanks for this post. Diving? Never heard of that but it makes sense. I will give your ideas a shot for sure. Today is a DD I think I will have some protein to start the day and add a couple small carbs like you said. I will see how it goes and how I feel. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The 2 things that I did that I feel may have helped my weightloss that were not JUDDD related are: try to limit myself to 1 glass of diet soda a week and almost totally stopped drinking coffee on DDs. I have weeks that I don't do great with one or both of these, but my overall consuption is WAY, WAY down. Don't know if it helped, but I do feel better when I skip the diet soda all together and I really like my coffee with more half and half than calories I wish to spend on a DD so I've done pretty well with fresh brewed tea or iced tea and lots of water with Mio drops.
You know Carly I have been thinking about givin up my coffee on DD's too and havin a cup of hot tea. 80 cals on a dd is alot to spare. Thank you. Im not a soda drinker so no worries there.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Patience is key. You have lost more in 2 months on JUDDD than I did. I lost 1 pound per week or less. Started January 8, 2012 and I am now in maintenance after losing 36 pounds during that time. Very slowly. It works but for me it was a very slow process.

I started with 500 DD/2000UD. I continued that for awhile. Then dropped the DD calories and kept the UD number. Even now in maintenance I do very low DD's so I can have higher UD's.

It is an experiment to see what works for yourself. But my suggestion is to just be patient. I lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks 10 years ago doing LCLF so it was hard for me to drag out this process over almost a year. But I did and I am happy.

I LOVE JUDDD. But it can e a test in perserverance.
Thank you Adi, I guess I have always figured since I am so much heavier than alot the weight would come off faster? I will practice perservenace.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlamp10 View Post
Hi Debbie:

First of all, good job for hanging in so far. I'm a couple of years older than you, heading into menopause (had two TOMs in October and none in November, still waiting), and my loss has not been steady at all. But it's gradually happening. I even had a month something like yours--on September 1 I weighed 230 and on the 30th I weighed 229.6! That was depressing. But it seemed to get better the longer I kept at it, and the next month was a 4 lb loss.

I've lost 18 lbs in a little over 16 weeks, and there have been times when I thought the daily scale number would never move. One thing that seems to have made a little difference is that I now exercise on my DDs--nothing crazy, but I walk on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes. I used to think I could never exercise on DDs, but now it feels great.

The other thing for me has been getting my water intake up so that I'm not retaining quite as much water. I think most of the time when I'm seeing gains or stalls, it's because my body is not processing things as quickly for some reason. When I up my water intake, I tend to see the numbers go down a little faster.

Lord knows, there could be any number of thing affecting it. But it sounds like you're doing things right foodwise. It's possible that a whoosh may be right around the corner for you. Hang in there!
Thanks Marla, I have been in menopause for a couple years already. The hormonal thing is awful at times but I feel like Im already on the other side of the worst of it.
I am going to try to drink more water especially on DD's. Getting water in on UD's seems easier for some reason.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Debbie, I am thinking about you, and that the tweaking will make all the difference!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Our guru, Pat (SoHappy) has frequently encouraged slow starters by explaining, before the sirtuin proteins can begin accumulating and working their magic, they have other magic to work. On the Benefits sticky you will find info about how SIRTs clean up dead cells, reduce some inflammation, and just generally tune up the body they are working in. After a certain level of clean up is done, then they start accumulating and weight starts leaving. I believe Pat is right. On this forum, I have seen this happen a lot of times. Other things get better. Then suddenly weight loss stops poking around and kicks into gear.

I lived most of my life with bright red cheeks and a ridiculously red nose. I mean so red that I had to apply two or three coats of the green stuff before I even thought about makeup. Whatever caused that low-grade constant inflammation went away months ago. But I am still amazed and grateful every morning when I look in the mirror.

So, watch for health related NSVs. It is possible your SIRTs have something they consider more important to do. Keep tweaking, keep tuning - you will probably help the process and you will certainly learn more about how your own personal, wonderful body works. Whether it is apparent yet, this may already be one of the best things you have ever done for yourself.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I love this, Nancy. I found myself getting depressed today and thinking about the 11 DD's I've done so far and deprivation of only 500-600 calories, and the pay off only being 4.2 lbs. Also, I completely threw away my DD today in favor of pampering my sick body, which may or may not have been the wisest choice. I do know that my weakened body kept my mind from having the strength it needed to do a good DD. For me, DD's require lots of mental strength. Let's face it, not many people purposely eat so little very often, if ever. I know I never did before JUDDD. Anyway, I need to rethink why I am doing this, the health benefits beyond weight loss, and continue on the path I set out to travel.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Our guru, Pat (SoHappy) has frequently encouraged slow starters by explaining, before the sirtuin proteins can begin accumulating and working their magic, they have other magic to work. On the Benefits sticky you will find info about how SIRTs clean up dead cells, reduce some inflammation, and just generally tune up the body they are working in. After a certain level of clean up is done, then they start accumulating and weight starts leaving. I believe Pat is right. On this forum, I have seen this happen a lot of times. Other things get better. Then suddenly weight loss stops poking around and kicks into gear.

I lived most of my life with bright red cheeks and a ridiculously red nose. I mean so red that I had to apply two or three coats of the green stuff before I even thought about makeup. Whatever caused that low-grade constant inflammation went away months ago. But I am still amazed and grateful every morning when I look in the mirror.

So, watch for health related NSVs. It is possible your SIRTs have something they consider more important to do. Keep tweaking, keep tuning - you will probably help the process and you will certainly learn more about how your own personal, wonderful body works. Whether it is apparent yet, this may already be one of the best things you have ever done for yourself.
That is so wise. I probably have more cleaning up than most people then. I have noticed since I started I havent had bad cramping (IBS) or whatever it may of been. I mean it was so bad I was afraid to leave the house. I know TMI but this is huge for me. I almost think other things that clear up because of JUDD Is worth the wait. ALMOST
I'll be waiting it out waiting for weight loss to kick in gear cause I do love JUDD. I cant imagine doing any other diet after JUDD, nor would I want to.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Debbie, I am thinking about you, and that the tweaking will make all the difference!

Phyl
Thanks Phyl, I think I am going to win this battle!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
I have noticed since I started I havent had bad cramping (IBS) or whatever it may of been. I mean it was so bad I was afraid to leave the house. I know TMI but this is huge for me.
Debbie, that's seriously HUGE!
Just keep on keeping on. You're doing brilliantly - and losing weight faster than me!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #24

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Popping by late, had a busy day yesterday.

I am so pleased to see that you have double checked the figures and now have things sorted out there.

Where else would you have had the countless words of support you find here? I am still constantly amazed and delighted at both the intelligence and thoughtfulness of this forum.

Dearest Debbie, hang in there, you are healing and the weight will go, slower than you might wish, but it will go. Sending big hugs.x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Also, I just wanted to add that because the JUDDD calculator factors in your current weight, I think this eliminates the typical "higher starting weight, so therefore faster weight loss" pattern. Your numbers (2128 UD 426 DD) are calculated to provide a steady loss based on a calorie deficit from what your body currently burns. Does that make sense? A person with a lower starting weight's numbers are lower, but are calculated to do the same thing. Technically from a pure "calorie deficit" standpoint, if you lowered one of those numbers, you would have faster weight loss, but we all know the body is smart and adjusts to lower calories, and would hold on to the existing weight more. (As many members' experiences have shown - eating their numbers has resulted in the best weight loss)

Basically, I'm trying to say don't get discouraged by what you feel is a slower weight loss because you are at a higher starting weight. Though it is sometimes frustrating, steady weight loss is typically the weight loss that remains, and you are learning a sustainable lifelong way of eating
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #26

Purepink.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Popping by late, had a busy day yesterday.

I am so pleased to see that you have double checked the figures and now have things sorted out there.

Where else would you have had the countless words of support you find here? I am still constantly amazed and delighted at both the intelligence and thoughtfulness of this forum.

Dearest Debbie, hang in there, you are healing and the weight will go, slower than you might wish, but it will go. Sending big hugs.x
Thanks Kissa for your kind words. I too am amazed at the support here. I couldnt do this with you all. I am so thankful for Judd Buds!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So are we supposed to go and get new calculations as we lose? Lower calories because of lower weight?

Happy Birthday Debbie!!!!!!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepink View Post
Also, I just wanted to add that because the JUDDD calculator factors in your current weight, I think this eliminates the typical "higher starting weight, so therefore faster weight loss" pattern. Your numbers (2128 UD 426 DD) are calculated to provide a steady loss based on a calorie deficit from what your body currently burns. Does that make sense? A person with a lower starting weight's numbers are lower, but are calculated to do the same thing. Technically from a pure "calorie deficit" standpoint, if you lowered one of those numbers, you would have faster weight loss, but we all know the body is smart and adjusts to lower calories, and would hold on to the existing weight more. (As many members' experiences have shown - eating their numbers has resulted in the best weight loss)

Basically, I'm trying to say don't get discouraged by what you feel is a slower weight loss because you are at a higher starting weight. Though it is sometimes frustrating, steady weight loss is typically the weight loss that remains, and you are learning a sustainable lifelong way of eating
Thank you so much for this post. When I read this its quite an eye opener. I mean it makes total sense. When your going through the struggles and the whys this just didnt pop in my head to think logical like this. I am just wondering why its not working for me. I am so waiting this out for the benefits to come. Thanks alot.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #30

LG, there is no reason to recalculate your number unless you really start to stick. I don't think you need to do that yet.