Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I love this, Nancy. I found myself getting depressed today and thinking about the 11 DD's I've done so far and deprivation of only 500-600 calories, and the pay off only being 4.2 lbs. Also, I completely threw away my DD today in favor of pampering my sick body, which may or may not have been the wisest choice. I do know that my weakened body kept my mind from having the strength it needed to do a good DD. For me, DD's require lots of mental strength. Let's face it, not many people purposely eat so little very often, if ever. I know I never did before JUDDD. Anyway, I need to rethink why I am doing this, the health benefits beyond weight loss, and continue on the path I set out to travel.
Library, I'm glad you're here for this thread. I know eleven DDs feels like a LOT, and they will probably be your hardest DDs ever, but these are early days in the big picture. I don't think anybody should be allowed out of this wonderful place for at least two months.
I lost zero in my first month (well, lost and then gained four) and was lucky enough to be away from a scale for most of it. I'd have been frustrated if I hadn't felt my pants getting looser. Luckily I'd committed to two months. By then I was a lifer.
And we all blow the odd DD.
It cracks me up, the way all of the oldies are always saying, Stay! Stay! It's working, you just don't see it as quickly as you'd like to!
I trust them.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Thank you so much for this post. When I read this its quite an eye opener. I mean it makes total sense. When your going through the struggles and the whys this just didnt pop in my head to think logical like this. I am just wondering why its not working for me. I am so waiting this out for the benefits to come. Thanks alot.
Aw, of course! Glad I could help I completely understand not thinking logically when it comes to weight loss, especially when you are working so hard at something and it doesn't feel like it is paying off. BUT, I had a peek at the December Daily Weigh-in Thread, and you are doing great! Also, remember that last month was Thanksgiving, so I'm pretty sure that 90% of the US population gains in November.. just some "food" for thought
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Very good, food for thought!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
So are we supposed to go and get new calculations as we lose? Lower calories because of lower weight?

Happy Birthday Debbie!!!!!!
This was a question I had too! I guess I won't worry about it until I run into some real problems?

Altho, when I went back into re-check numbers last week I realized that when I originally started JUDDD'ing I somehow had changed the exercise to light exercise... gave me 2430 cals and that is what I was losing with.. then this week I've been operating on the right calories using the little to no exercise button - 2120cals, and I'm bouncing/staying the same....Weird? Coincidence?

Debbie, hang in there honey! I know something will start to happen, and you got the most amazing advice already.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Library, most people seem to find DDs and UDs that get them moving down can keep them moving down for many, many pounds.

Some people never have to change their DD/UD calories. Some of us do eventually reach a kind of 'maintenance stall' and have to adjust calories down. It happened to me once in almost 50 pounds...towards the end.

Don't panic, wait for the 'maintenance stall'...it may never happen.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purepink View Post
Aw, of course! Glad I could help I completely understand not thinking logically when it comes to weight loss, especially when you are working so hard at something and it doesn't feel like it is paying off. BUT, I had a peek at the December Daily Weigh-in Thread, and you are doing great! Also, remember that last month was Thanksgiving, so I'm pretty sure that 90% of the US population gains in November.. just some "food" for thought
The other 10% were here and posted in the thread Weight lost in November
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Library, I'm glad you're here for this thread. I know eleven DDs feels like a LOT, and they will probably be your hardest DDs ever, but these are early days in the big picture. I don't think anybody should be allowed out of this wonderful place for at least two months.
I lost zero in my first month (well, lost and then gained four) and was lucky enough to be away from a scale for most of it. I'd have been frustrated if I hadn't felt my pants getting looser. Luckily I'd committed to two months. By then I was a lifer.
And we all blow the odd DD.
It cracks me up, the way all of the oldies are always saying, Stay! Stay! It's working, you just don't see it as quickly as you'd like to!
I trust them.
Thanks Kristen. I felt like I kind of hijacked this thread and everyone skipped over my post, which was understandable. I'm staying...and I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Library, most people seem to find DDs and UDs that get them moving down can keep them moving down for many, many pounds.

Some people never have to change their DD/UD calories. Some of us do eventually reach a kind of 'maintenance stall' and have to adjust calories down. It happened to me once in almost 50 pounds...towards the end.

Don't panic, wait for the 'maintenance stall'...it may never happen.
That sounds like a miracle! It's hard to believe that someone at 130 lbs can eat the same amount as someone 190 lbs on UD's and still lose! I'm going to stick with my original guidelines, for now. They've already gone down, according to the calculator.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I started at 168 eating about 500/1700. Had to lower my cals to 400/1500 about the time I hit 135. Road that home.

Oh, purepink! Thank you for pointing out everything from the website is normalized. I think people get confused about frequently. And it is important.

(Debbie, please note those calories were consistently above what the website recommends. I did drop both DD and UD - but it made no difference to how fast I lost, so I stuck where I was comfortable.)

(Why yes, I really did just say for some of us eating more is just as - or more - productive than eating less. Ain't JUDDD fun?)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-04-2012 at 06:38 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote