Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
December meeting place (daily chat thread)

Celebrate, commiserate, question, share you news!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
Good morning, wonderful BUDDDS! Still so happy today about my first 20 pounds lost! I've been seeing all of the health gadgets and exercise yourself skinny info-mercials this morning, and have been thinking "*I* know *the* secret!" JUDDD is so easy (Most of the time), so 'adaptable' to my life, and so so so forgiving (think Thanksgiving )! I am just feeling very fortunate to have found this WOE and all of the wonderful support here! YAY!
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thanks for starting the thread Liz!

Great testament Deb! It really is like we've joined some awesome club, where we learn the secrets to the universe.

Had a great DD yesterday, spent lots of money Christmas shopping (and bought a BIG gift for myself too), but came in at 217 calories for the day. I'm looking forward to today's UD though!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Morning everyone! Had a very lazy Saturday and it felt great Now heading out to church/in-laws for lunch. Then planning on having another lazy afternoon lol. Sometimes you just need to sit and do nothing (except play Angry Birds ).
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
I've been thinking "*I* know *the* secret!" JUDDD is so easy (Most of the time), so 'adaptable' to my life, and so so so forgiving (think Thanksgiving )! I am just feeling very fortunate to have found this WOE and all of the wonderful support here! YAY!
Hear! Hear!! Deb.

Dawn, sounds like the perfect DD - though maybe a bit expensive to become the norm.

Sara, lazy is a great way to be at this time of year. I have a theory that we're supposed to semi-hibernate in Winter!

Here's to this awesome club where we learn the secrets to the universe!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I have decided... I need to make a point of checking in here atleast every other day. With the rush of christmas coming, I know how it will go for me. Flavored coffees to drink while shopping. Cookies every where you turn. 4 days of eating all around xmas. Then let not talk about the drinks, chips, cheeses and all that other stuff that goes with New years eve!!! Ekkkk!

Then its so hard to run when I get home from work right now. I try but sometimes I get home late and its so dark here. My neighbors made me laugh, I still try to run everyday, and the one day it was like 6:30 and dark so they put the garage lights on for me so I had a little light so not to twist an ankle!! lol!!!

I figure if I check in, I can admit when I was good and bad! Even if its just a helloooo post!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm just posting here to say my mylogram ct scan is on Wednesday 12/5. I have to stay out of work on Thursday as well even though I think I would be fine to work. I'm not really too worried about the procedure (injecting dye into my spinal fluid/column), but I just don't want news that means more surgery. I do however, wish for less pain, so I'll just have to see. I don't have to rush into anything and maybe there will be a non-surgery option
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Established

Talked to my younger sister tonight and we have another JUDDD convert She kind of followed my lc journey, starting about the same time as I did. She had a really hard time eating lc and gave up right around the time I found JUDDD. I told her she had to give it a try and she's lost 5lbs in the past few days She also said she's got several co-workers now interested in JUDDD I keep telling her to come here and check out the forum-hopefully she'll join in soon!

JUDDD rocks!

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-02-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Thank you for starting this thread, Flossy!
Oh Carly, I hope you get good news with your medical proceedure.
Mom23kids, wonderful news about the converts! So happy for your sister to shed 5lbs so quickly - this is what keeps us going

I'm starting a bit of a new phase of my journey, am eating less calorie dense food on my UD's, I feel that I can do this without stuffing myself too much. This is also a function of adding more carbs into my diet - more fruit, vegetables and legumes. I'm reaching maintenance weight, but would like to slowly lose another couple of pounds, so will see how the body responds to additional carbs.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: October 1st 2012
Hey everyone

My DD finished just over an hour ago, should really be a sleep... at least in bed under the duvet I'll be warm. I am so cold right now my feet feel like they might fall off.

I am hoping to lose some more cm's by the 25th so I can wear something new in a smaller size. I'm going to try my hardest not to get so fixated on the scales this month.
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I cannot believe I'm saying this but I'm having a hard time today my UD reaching even close to my calories. I've had 1400 and I'm plenty full. Comfortably full after dinner. Even had a lil Trader Joe's gingerbread man cookie...yum.

The calculations say I should have almost 2000 which I think is too much. I've stuck around 1800 on UD's and am satisfied with my loss so far.

Should I really eat something more today? Its 5:30 here so I could probably go for something in a couple hours. I'm trying to stick to mostly healthy food but I do sneak in a little sugary snack occasionally on UD's....any suggestions?

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 12-02-2012 at 05:35 PM..
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I highly recommend getting an electric blanket or 2! They make the night time DD shivers tolerable. I have a queen size on the bed, but DW doesn't always want that one turned on so I have a twin size that I wrap around myself like a cocoon. I fall asleep with it on all the time. Sometimes DW shuts it off during the night, but if not it doesn't get hot enough to burn you. It is a life saver!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I cannot believe I'm saying this but I'm having a hard time today my UD reaching even close to my calories. I've had 1400 and I'm plenty full. Comfortably full after dinner. Even had a lil Trader Joe's gingerbread man cookie...yum.

The calculations say I should have almost 2000 which I think is too much. I've stuck around 1800 on UD's and am satisfied with my loss so far.

Should I really eat something more today? Its 5:30 here so I could probably go for something in a couple hours. I'm trying to stick to mostly healthy food but I do sneak in a little sugary snack occasionally on UD's....any suggestions?
Once in awhile, dropping really low can be not a problem. But (a) you may be extra hungry tomorrow - time will tell, (b) dropping too low too often converts JUDDD into a low cal 'diet', the sirtuin proteins get burned up or something - they go away, and weight loss tends to stall (said the voice of experience). Personally, I think shaking DD and UD up once in awhile is a good thing...try for 1800 most UDs though.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Once in awhile, dropping really low can be not a problem. But (a) you may be extra hungry tomorrow - time will tell, (b) dropping too low too often converts JUDDD into a low cal 'diet', the sirtuin proteins get burned up or something - they go away, and weight loss tends to stall (said the voice of experience). Personally, I think shaking DD and UD up once in awhile is a good thing...try for 1800 most UDs though.
Great advice, Nancy. I definitely understand the benefit of getting the sirtuin level as high as possible.

What would you eat at the end of the day to get your calories up some?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
If you're starting to get full, less bulky high fat calorie dense foods would be easier when you need to up your cals, like macadamia nuts (1 oz is over 200 cals, and it's not even a handful), hwc, coconut oil, coconut milk, nut butters, rich chocolate, etc.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Starbucks breve!

Boy was I in for a Rude Awakening!!!

When your body figures out your new rhythm, you will very likely not have a problem with your up day calories ... but a good rule of thumb is don't stay too low for too long, because then, yes, it's just a low calorie diet, and my observation is that most people with very low up days seem to find JUDDD much less enjoyable or much less successful or both.

Last edited by calichris; 12-02-2012 at 07:31 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
I am needing a lot of help and support with this. November was horrible for losing weight. It wasn't the holiday or anything, it was just a bunch of emotional stress. I did some of it to myself (procrastinating on a project for work) and some was external..(hard drive playing up on me when i had project due) and other things like this. I am an emotional eater. I get stressed out I head to the fridge.

I am also really emotional this time of year. Thanksgiving and Christmas were my Mom's favorite time of the year, and things have just never been the same since she passed. My son is at the age where he's asking about his grandparents and starting to ask some hard questions about why other kids have 2 sets and he has just one.

Bah! I'm blabbering. I know it's not the 1st of the month but I'm rededicating myself to JUDDD (again) and losing the weight. I feel like a blob and that's not cool.

~Melissa
"A House Without Books is Like a Room Without Windows." Thomas Mann
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
... What would you eat at the end of the day to get your calories up some?
For a long time, I found I had to break SIRT production by eating at least 500 calories at lunch on UD. Otherwise, I forgot to eat dinner.

But, on those UDs where I realize I have missed the caloric boat every day for the last week ( don't shoot me, I stalled, lost my NSVs, and wasted six weeks of weight loss because I forgot I was supposed to actually swallow!)

I turn to cheese on crackers or in a chunk. Fresh walnuts and pecans, lovely macadamias... In extreme cases, when combined with a few of DH's dark chocolate M&Ms, nuts usually do the trick.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #19
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInYourEyes View Post
I am needing a lot of help and support with this. November was horrible for losing weight. It wasn't the holiday or anything, it was just a bunch of emotional stress. I did some of it to myself (procrastinating on a project for work) and some was external..(hard drive playing up on me when i had project due) and other things like this. I am an emotional eater. I get stressed out I head to the fridge.

I am also really emotional this time of year. Thanksgiving and Christmas were my Mom's favorite time of the year, and things have just never been the same since she passed. My son is at the age where he's asking about his grandparents and starting to ask some hard questions about why other kids have 2 sets and he has just one.

Bah! I'm blabbering. I know it's not the 1st of the month but I'm rededicating myself to JUDDD (again) and losing the weight. I feel like a blob and that's not cool.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #20

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInYourEyes View Post

You can do it HIYE! I'm sorry this is a rough time of year for you. Your mom would be proud of what your doing for yourself. She'd also want you to enjoy her favorite time of year, so let yourself enjoy it.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hellinyoureyes, I can so relate to missing your Mom this time of year. I lost my Dad several years ago and the holidays have never been the same. His birthday was the end of November so Thanksgiving was always a big celebration for him too. My Dad was my rock and we were very close. I miss him so much.

There is so much in life that just gets in our way and makes it so hard to succeed at weight loss, or whatever we're trying to achieve. Its so hard for some of us not to turn to food when we feel bad.

You did the right thing talking about your frustrations here. We all understand and are here to help you along and give you lots of Take care and never stop trying/ It is one of the keys to success.

Thanks guys, for all the good suggestions for getting my cals up a little on UD's. Nuts is a great idea! I love all kinds of them and they are full of good fats AND calories. I'll grab some macadamias and dark chocolate covered almonds next time I'm at Trader Joe's.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Thank you guys!
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #23

My BFF invited me to a wine/jewelry party this Friday, and it's a DD. I then did the math and realized Keira's birthday party, Christmas, and New Years Eve are all down days. Great excuse to change my rotation for the party!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
HIYE...I so agree with what LCG said. Doing this for yourself and celebrating the holiday would be a wonderful way to honor your mom!

I so understand how you feel though.

Dawn... a no brainer...right?

Last edited by gotitnow; 12-03-2012 at 01:26 PM..
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
My BFF invited me to a wine/jewelry party this Friday, and it's a DD. I then did the math and realized Keira's birthday party, Christmas, and New Years Eve are all down days. Great excuse to change my rotation for the party!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moebug
Stats: 175/175/160
Start Date: 11/29/2012
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd check in...yesterday was DD and I did the potato thing. It actually went really well! Didn't realize how delish microwaved potatoes are with just a little salt! Today, I did not do an eating window like I mentioned that I might try. It was more like an eating sliding glass door if you know what I mean! Going to check the scale tomorrow at the gym to see if I've gone down at all. I'm internally rebelling against counting my calories on my UD's. Not sure if that will backfire on me
Moebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Great advice, Nancy. I definitely understand the benefit of getting the sirtuin level as high as possible.

I don't know if you are low carb but if you are some full fat cheese with sliced pepperoni- some nuts, homemade whip cream (oh, I could do some damage with a few spoonfulls of that ).

If you eat carbs you can make some quick and easy nachos with tortilla chips, shreaded full fat cheese and some black olives or some onions- a little guac and sour cream

Let me stop- it's a DD here
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

So the mylogram may be kinda painful in itself and I was informed that I may not feel to well after. Apparently you leak some spinal fluid no matter what, but some people leak more than others and that causes a bad headache. Good greif! I'm not going to think about it and I'll just say a prayer tomorrow night. It will be what it will be. Part of me really wants to back out... I think it's gonna be a slippery slope to more surgery... not gonna go there- nope! I surrender my worry for now. Wednesday is a DD anyway. I just have to drink plenty of fluid to replace the spinal fluid quickly.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #29

The cure for the bad headache, IIRC, is an IV of caffeine. There have been times I would have killed for an IV drip of my favorite coffee, but not at the expense of leaking spinal fluid.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #30

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Perfect plan Dawn! And that party sounds FUN!

Carly, I will be thinking of you Wednesday, and hoping that it won't be too painful.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote