Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I was punished for eating cookies. I lost a filling eating crunchie cookies. Turns out my tooth was cracked. All the way to the root. That is why the filling fell out. Course the filling was 45 years old but..... I now have one less tooth (first tooth loss ever) and I have stitches so I will not have any problem eating low calorie broth, soups and soft stuff. Just in time for Christmas. Yea me. Whine whine whine. Now I feel better.
The good news is that I had no pain whatsoever so I am ready for when the pain killer wears off from the extraction and stitches. And in two months I can start the implant process. Where is the dollar sign emoticon??? Glad I was laying down.
Sorry about your tooth! Bad timing for sure, although I don't suppose its ever a good time.

Not a fun thing to go through. I had my first root canal a couple years ago and that was bad enough. I have a wonderful dentist but it takes him forever to do his work. I hate laying in that chair for very long.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Ow, not a good way to start the season! Keep taking the painkillers, may help you forget the expense of the implant.

Adi, a shudder went through my body when you described losing your tooth. I have weak teeth, I guess, because that happened to me too in my 20's eating a refrigerated chocolate bar. Never happens eating veggies does it? I have also had to have my front tooth repaired after ex waved his arms explaining a story he was telling just as I lifted my beer bottle to my lips!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
whoa - I broke a tooth last night!!! Is it a side effect of Juddding???
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Carly - I too hate being cold but luckily my blanket and doggie keep me pretty warm at night. Gotta love a footwarmer that runs on dogfood.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Arelene- I will strongly recommend an electric blanket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have quit JUDDDing for sure with out it. I have 2 as a matter of fact. A Queen size one for the whole bed if DW will let me turn it on and a twin size that I wrap my whole body in and turn up to 8!

Did I mention I hate being cold- I hate it! Thank G-d I love JUDDD cause my lips, fingers and toes are blue right now. I'm wearing flannel PJs and a robe that is so thick it is hard to walk around with it cause it weighs a ton.

I just say I'm shivering away the pounds, but seriously... get an electric blanket- in my experience the shivers only get worse
Do you get these shivers on DD and UD? So far, I'm only cold on DDs - of course, I have so much experience here! Years ago, I had a twin bed with a heated mattress pad - it was warmer at the bottom than the top and it was absolutely great. Wondering if they make it now... I'm going out to get some pjs tomorrow and will look into an electric blanket. Thanks for the advice Carly.

Arlene
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Back to the eye doc tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed for me that things are good enough they can run the tests they need to for stopping the bleeding and I can get a script for glasses....this has been the pits not being able to see well and depending on friends to get me around.

I've been stalled...oops, I said the "s" word...for over a month now. I've been doing rotations, not keeping to the 300 or so for my scheduled DD's but not too far over 30%. I've not gained, so that's a good thing. I've always said when this static time hits that it's just my body adjusting to the new weight, but I don't believe this is. I've had a few over-UD's but part of my failure to lose is over-compensation, I'm sure. So much bad in the life right now and the stresses with this cataract surgery from hell I've been hitting the sugars kinda heavily.

Well, that's all passed...I'm re-thinking my plan and hopping back on the horse, so it may be a few days before I'm really in the saddle but with the help of you all I know I can do it....wish me luck.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11

I so hope the doctor's visit goes well. Have you been on a lot of meds? I think they can make weight loss tricky.

Here's hoping for a better 2013 heath wise with glasses that work and let you drive!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Good luck, Mary!!!!

Adi, OUCH, so sorry to hear about your tooth! I have one that bothers me when I'm chewing. It's been a year now...I just know it's going to show up some day with a big ole crack.

Carly, oh how I am DYING for an electric blanket. If DH doesn't get me one for Christmas, I am buying one the next day! I am using my normal bedding (sheet, blanket, comforter) PLUS 2 big ole extra blankets on top to sleep at night. PLUS TWO pairs of fuzzy socks on my feet underneath it all. With my flannel jammies. Oh yea, super sexy! LOLLLLLLLL

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
All this talk of electric blankets, warm jammies, and heavy socks is making me HOTTT!!! lol

I'm very warm blooded and rarely get cold. When the kids come over the first thing they do is turn up the heat. Good thing hubby and I are on the same page here. We sleep with the sheet and one blanket and the comforter folded over our feet at the end of the bed.

I've yet to experience the DD shivers. Doubt I will if I haven't by now.

Sending my body heat to some of you poor girls who are always freezing.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Ouch Adi, and TJ on your broken teeth. Yikes! It CAN'T be a side-effect of JUDDD - it just CAN'T!

I have a molar with a very large/deep filling that gets sensitive every now and then. The dentist has told me the tooth is slightly fractured and that one day it will just fall apart and I'll need a crown ($$$). This has been at least 15 years ago, and it hasn't happened yet, but I know it will someday.

Mary, I wish this could all be resolved and over with for you! I'm sure all the trauma, stress and meds are stalling you. Your body has a lot to deal with right now.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=LoCarbGal;16145092]Ouch Adi, and TJ on your broken teeth. Yikes! It CAN'T be a side-effect of JUDDD - it just CAN'T!

I have a molar with a very large/deep filling that gets sensitive every now and then. The dentist has told me the tooth is slightly fractured and that one day it will just fall apart and I'll need a crown ($$$). This has been at least 15 years ago, and it hasn't happened yet, but I know it will someday.
QUOTE]

Had nothing to do with JUDDD. I had a tiny filling in that tooth for over 40 years and about a month ago I got hit in the jaw pretty hard by a goat. Accident. She wasn't trying to hurt me so I probably cracked it then and now I just finished it by eating crunchy cookies.

Hope this makes me think twice about eating cookies.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Had nothing to do with JUDDD. I had a tiny filling in that tooth for over 40 years and about a month ago I got hit in the jaw pretty hard by a goat. Accident. She wasn't trying to hurt me so I probably cracked it then and now I just finished it by eating crunchy cookies.

Hope this makes me think twice about eating cookies.
Well then, I should be safe because I haven't been around goats for quite a long time (sad), but cookies on the other hand......
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Sorry about your teeth! Hope it heals without much pain.

On a side note, baby goats are the cutest thing ever!
zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
adi- sorry about your tooth. i know your pain! i had a tooth the dentist messed up break off at the gum 2 wks ago. he drilled it and killed the nerve for me a couple month back and said he will only do a crown....after i asked him to just pull it and he wouldnt. so he put a temp filling in said i will be back. hated that dentist and refused to go back to him. now i am saving up to have the rest pulled after xmas. luckily he deadened the nerve or i wouldnt know what to do! eeekkkk!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Katiebubb -I am so sorry you are having a bad experience. I have had the bad dentist experience in the past and the worst experience was with a female dentist and my next young son. YIKES. Glad we found a great pediatric dentist for him after that awful experience.

Luckily I have no pain and this dentist is great. I guess I just lucked out. His dad is also a dentist in that office and they conferred and agreed that there was no reason to even try to save it. I still have no pain today although I am staying with liquids and really soft foods.

zagnut - And I agree about baby goats. My first ones are due to arrive January 15, 2013 and I am already getting excited about my new babies.

LCG - Yeah, you need to watch those cookies.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Back to the eye doc tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed for me that things are good enough they can run the tests they need to for stopping the bleeding and I can get a script for glasses....this has been the pits not being able to see well and depending on friends to get me around.

So much bad in the life right now and the stresses with this cataract surgery from hell I've been hitting the sugars kinda heavily.
Do hope your dr appt went well and you're able to get a script. I must be pretty lucky - I had two cataract surgergies over fifteen years ago and had no problems at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Gotta vent...

It's still two steps forward and one backward for me...that surgery really was the surgery from h*ll as I've been joking with the doc. Good news is that we are delaying, maybe even cancelling, the test they need to do to check out the bleeding. The eye is stabilizing; had two doctors check out the eye so the examine was quite extensive and they agreed that time is on our side. Apparently that test is quite a pain, involving shooting dye into the vein and checking over time to see where the bleeding is coming from. At this time, they're not even sure the macular degeneration is sliding toward the wet type. So, now it's waiting to check the eye and see how it goes...next visit is four weeks away. That's when he might consider fitting me with new glasses. I'm still in limbo...aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

Well, Wildflower, you're the norm. Hundreds of cataract surgery performed every day and there's a slight chance of problems...like my doc said, tho', that's fine unless you're part of the less than one percent who have problems...then it's a serious problem. Just lucky I guess (me not you).

Well, this, too, shall pass. Just trying to keep the chin up.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 AM   #228
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Mary! It's not the least bit fun, I know. Keeping you in my thoughts.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
((((Mary))))
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #230

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh Mary, you are very stoic. It must be driving you mad. Hugs.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I have not had time to come here in awhile. I see the winter physical disaster season is well underway. YUCK, sigh, horrors, and sympathies to everyone! Mary, I worry about your poor eyes. I really do.

Arlene, welcome to the chilly DD club. Many of us do get vewwy vewwy cold as a result of IF/Caloric Restriction. UDs may or may not be a problem. Many of us do not get chilled once we eat enough calories to 'turn off' caloric restriction. If you are freezing on UDs, try adjusting what times you eat - that can sometimes help.

My latest get-rich-plan is to make JUDDD famous while secretly buying stock in footed PJs.

Just to add my wail to the winter season...five weeks ago I had hernia surgery. Have been recovering nicely. A few days ago some unusual pain began, this morning the abdominal bulge is back. Looks like something ain't right. The doctor says go to ER if it gets bad, otherwise he will see me Jan 3. Argh.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Just to add my wail to the winter season...five weeks ago I had hernia surgery. Have been recovering nicely. A few days ago some unusual pain began, this morning the abdominal bulge is back. Looks like something ain't right. The doctor says go to ER if it gets bad, otherwise he will see me Jan 3. Argh.
That sounds really scary Nancy. I don't know much about hernias but I hope this doesn't mean you have to have another surgery!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Mary, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
My latest get-rich-plan is to make JUDDD famous while secretly buying stock in footed PJs.
^That's what I need!

Quote:
Did the surgeon place a mesh graft during the hernia repair? I've come across a few cases where the sutures or mesh have come apart, or where the hernia actually pierces through the mesh. Keeping fingers crossed it doesn't progress before January.

Last edited by Rayne_W; 12-21-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I hope everything is ok Nancy
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #235

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Nancy. Keep a close eye on that, as I'm sure you're doing. How horrible.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Bless you all!

Yep, the surgeon did the repair with a mesh. I am totally bummed and trying not to think about how another surgery could really mess up my plans for January. Dang it! The swelling just went down and the size sixes were fitting so well!

On a totally different note. DH was out of town on business all week. He just returned and - in passing - told me he was late because he stopped to buy twenty toys and drop them off at the local Toys for Tots. Commented as he walked away, "I never saw a Marine tear up before."
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=gotsomeold;16147601
Arlene, welcome to the chilly DD club. Many of us do get vewwy vewwy cold as a result of IF/Caloric Restriction. UDs may or may not be a problem. Many of us do not get chilled once we eat enough calories to 'turn off' caloric restriction. If you are freezing on UDs, try adjusting what times you eat - that can sometimes help.

[/QUOTE]

Great plan!!!! Today is an UD and I'm not freezing -- yet
Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Mary and Nancy- hugs, hugs, hugs! Please take care of yourselves.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Mary, Nancy, beaming good things for both of you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #240

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh no Nancy. That isn't right.... hugs for you too.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote