Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moebug
Stats: 175/175/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/29/2012
Eating window on UD....

So I've done 2 DD and this is my second UD. It may be because it's snowing and I'm lazing around the house but I've already blew through a big chunk of my calories. I've been reading that some of you have been implementing an eating window. Does that seem to work for those of you that do? I'm thinking like 2-7 pm on my UD's .
Moebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
UDs are my relax day and I don't count calories (besides a spot check here and there) and I eat whenever I feel like it. Surprisingly I'm finding more and more that I wake up on UDs not hungry at all, even after eating so few calories the day before
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Hi Moe,

Every week it is different for me...this week I have to save my majority of calories for late in the day...This way I run out of time to eat...I will eat something small during the early part of the day...
50,100,150 calorie snacks, coffee with more lightner in it... almond or coconut milk... the ones that are about 60 cal per cup.

Other UD's I will eat several meals throughout the day... But I still save a bunch for later just in case...

I cannot sleep hungry....I wish I could, maybe someday.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't have an eating window on UDs either, but I have some lower calorie go-to items for breakfast and lunch. Then I can splurge at dinner, and have wine if I want, without worrying about it. It seems to work very well for me.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
While I do try every new experiment that comes down the pike or around the bend, I also find I naturally do most of my eating between about 04:00 PM and 07:00 PM. Many DDs and UDs I have about 60 calories of HWC/coffee for breakfast, drink tea or water, and don't get hungry until dinner time.

And, yes, it hard to fit enough calories into such a small window. On UDs I eat a salad with real dressing for lunch whether I am hungry or not. Once the sirtuin proteins got established, I found I could eat without becoming more hungry than I was before.

Definitely, you should try different eating patterns...find out what your body needs to look and feel it's very best!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-01-2012 at 04:38 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
I find having a small breakfast and lunch ( less than 600 calories) and then saving lots of calories for when I get home after work and dinner really helps with that feeling of being full and satisfied and sticking to UD calories
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I definitely like to save my calories for dinner, and a late dinner at that. On DDs I have coffee in the morning and don't eat at all until dinner (usually around 7-8pm), since my appetite comes to life when I eat earlier and then I tend to overeat. On UDs I still don't eat breakfast since I don't get hungry in the morning, and I'll have a modest sized lunch around 1-2pm and then dinner after 8pm. I like a bigger portion of food at night and this works well to keep me full and satisfied. I also never feel an urge to snack when I keep to this eating schedule (unless it's those two special times of the month).
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moebug
Stats: 175/175/160
Start Date: 11/29/2012
Thank you for all your responses. I think it will take me a while to get in the rhythm of things. I worry that on my UD's I'll eat myself into a frenzy as I would do during my "I'll start tomorrow " binges. The idea that I can eat anything on UD's still hasn't sunk in as real but I guess once I see some results on the scale I'll feel better about it.
Moebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AWholeNewWorld
I agree mostly with what everyone else is saying. I have been JUDDDing for over 2 weeks now and I am finding that mostly my hunger is dissipating to the point that on UD's I eat a small breakfast and moderate lunch and then try to cram in the rest of my calories at dinner with dessert! I think that is the comfort eating zone for most people and I like to consume the majority of my food during that time.
AWholeNewWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #10

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
The freedom to eat on UDs can be a bit disconcerting to start with.

You'll soon relax and enjoy it.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I don't have an UD window for eating in general. But, I try to keep my carbs to a certain time. So, when I am sticking to the plan I would have a low carb DD. Breakfast and lunch on up day are also LC; then I would eat a starch with dinner and a dessert about an hour later. So, pretty much LC except for about a 2 hour window for UD dinner.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
I definitely do eating windows, it helps me feel like "I'm eating like a king" when I finally get off work at the end of the evening and can eat just about anything
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
That being said, if I feel very hungry when I wake up, I do have a small breakfast to keep my energy up until it is "feeding time".
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I haven't been keeping track of my calories on UD's as well as I should. I am beginning to gain weight and I attribute it to eating like a pig on UD's, lol. I have started buying lots of sweets to keep in the house, and eating like there's no tomorrow. Time to reign it in.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I haven't been keeping track of my calories on UD's as well as I should. I am beginning to gain weight and I attribute it to eating like a pig on UD's, lol. I have started buying lots of sweets to keep in the house, and eating like there's no tomorrow. Time to reign it in.
I've been getting sweets lately too, LG! Haven't done that (w/o guilt) for years! I got some salted caramels for my Bday, and I bought Hershey's Pumpkin spice kisses and regular milk chocolate kisses. And miraculously, I haven't overdone it! The key for me is to NOT grab while on the run and chomp mindlessly. I've very specifically taken into account how many calories for one or two, sat down and very mindfully savored each one. I've NEVER been able to do that before. This knowing you can makes everything SOOOOO much easier!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My eating window is 6am to 6pm. I try not to eat late. Although with the time change I need to change that to 7pm since I have to feed as soon as I get home before it gets dark. I sued to eat first.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #17

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I eat a standard breakfast/lunch on Up Days. My goal is to use 1/2 of my calories and then the other half for the evening. If I know there is something special that evening, I will cut back a bit on lunch and just have more to use at dinner.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
It's interesting to see how others are doing the UD and DD...with the calculation..I should be normally eating over 2000 calories...but..it's very hard for me to eat that many calories, unless I would eat a lot of carbs..I must have ruined my metabolism from dieting so many years...is there hope it would get back to normal using the JUDDD?
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #19

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I really do think so, Jaymar. It may take time though.

If you don't want to eat too many carbs (though I eat anything) it is easy to add calories by adding butter or cream to vegetables or soups. Avocados and nuts are calorie dense, a spoonful of peanut butter helps. Scrambled eggs are always improved with extra butter too.

If you drink, a glass of nice wine adds some nice calories.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
It's interesting to see how others are doing the UD and DD...with the calculation..I should be normally eating over 2000 calories...but..it's very hard for me to eat that many calories, unless I would eat a lot of carbs..I must have ruined my metabolism from dieting so many years...is there hope it would get back to normal using the JUDDD?
I've been eating lowcarb/highfat/moderate protein, and it's surprisingly easy for me to eat my suggested number of up day calories if I work a lot of fat into my diet through things like: 4 T. HWC in morning coffee, avocadoes, macademia nuts, cream cheese-based spreads on flax crackers, and generous amounts of full fat salad dressing on big salads. So far, eating so many calories on up days hasn't kept me from losing weight and hasn't forced me to eat carbs. Here's a recipe thread from the nutritional ketosis group that contains a lot of highfat recipes that are great for upping fat percentages and calories without going very high on either carbs or protein:
High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

Hi Jay, yes I join Cindy in believing this WOE can work amazing changes in our bodies. But some of the damage we have done over time, some of the damage we are born with, cannot heal quickly.

I am almost a year into JUDDD and I have seen amazing changes in myself. And - although I am better than I have been in decades - I know I am not done, not completely healed. It may take years, but I am so looking forward to what is going to happen next...and wearing a size six while it happens
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote