Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   You know you're hungry on a DD when.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790409-you-know-youre-hungry-dd-when.html)

Librarygirl 11-30-2012 06:35 PM

You know you're hungry on a DD when....

Yesterday I saw a story on Yahoo when I turned on my computer about an invasive fish, which was pictured with ugly fangs! There was a chef who believed he could cook them and sell them in his restaurant and eventually cut down on their population. Let me tell you, that fish was monterous looking, and I was thinking, "Yeah, I could eat that!" :hyst::hyst:

JayLynn 11-30-2012 06:39 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

I love to laugh. It burns calories, right?

Flutter 11-30-2012 07:06 PM

You are so cute, Miss LG! (I can totally imagine...I love seafood to begin with! Who cares how ugly it is!)

HomeWorkerMT 11-30-2012 07:12 PM

Well, I would say I know I am hungry on a down day when I am drinking chicken broth at 9:30 in the morning! That happened this morning! Do any of you find chicken broth really keeps hunger at bay? This was the second down day in a row when I had chicken broth at lunch and really had no hunger all afternoon!

Librarygirl 11-30-2012 07:58 PM

I've heard that, HWO. I've yet to try it, lol. I'll complain for a few more weeks yet. ;)

Carly 11-30-2012 08:43 PM

Yes, broth really helps when hungry on a DD.

Erika1962 12-01-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16109810)
Yesterday I saw a story on Yahoo when I turned on my computer about an invasive fish, which was pictured with ugly fangs! There was a chef who believed he could cook them and sell them in his restaurant and eventually cut down on their population. Let me tell you, that fish was monterous looking, and I was thinking, "Yeah, I could eat that!" :hyst::hyst:

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

GrannyPants 12-01-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT (Post 16109874)
Well, Do any of you find chicken broth really keeps hunger at bay?

Yeppers.

Celery helps me alot too...Don't know why. Maybe it's the bitter-ish taste.

GrannyPants 12-01-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Let me tell you, that fish was monterous looking, and I was thinking, "Yeah, I could eat that!" :hyst::hyst:

:hyst::rofl:

Everything on a DD tastes like it's the best thing I've ever eaten!!!
:yummy:

angie1 12-01-2012 08:46 AM

hahahahahaha I must agree -- everything just tastes so great when I am hungry on a DD . tooo funnny

Kissa 12-01-2012 08:57 AM

If it moves I'll eat it. I have to sit on my hands sometimes......

Yam-Yam 12-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thanks for that. I just spit out my coffee laughing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16110610)
If it moves I'll eat it. I have to sit on my hands sometimes......

:laugh::laugh: I don't know. There was this huge juicy pink worm crawling along on my back porch yesterday... no salivating here, though. :hyst:

Flutter 12-01-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16110613)
There was this huge juicy pink worm crawling along on my back porch yesterday... no salivating here, though. :hyst:

:sick: I'm so glad you posted that...I came over here to post that for some reason I'm super duper hungry today. This beautiful visual was so helpful! :D:hyst:

Yam-Yam 12-01-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16110621)
:sick: I'm so glad you posted that...I came over here to post that for some reason I'm super duper hungry today. This beautiful visual was so helpful! :D:hyst:

ROFL! You are welcome! :hyst: There was a thread a while back about things to think about on a DD to kill your hunger. Things like changing my little grandson's dirty diaper came to mind! (Never used to bother me, changing diapers, when I was younger!:dunno:)

One that I always remember for some reason was a dental hygenist saying "finding finger nails in a patient's teeth". Eeeeeeeyew!!!:hyst:

JayLynn 12-01-2012 09:27 AM

You know you're hungry on a DD when you wonder how many calories are in your peppermint chapstick!

but probably wouldnt taste as good as it smells...LOL

Librarygirl 12-01-2012 01:13 PM

LOL, never been tempted to eat chapstick, but now you've given me an idea! ;) I am preparing chicken thighs and potatoes to bake for dinner, but I am not planning to eat any. :( Will be difficult once the smell starts drifting through the house. :D

JayLynn 12-01-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16111151)
LOL, never been tempted to eat chapstick, but now you've given me an idea! ;) I am preparing chicken thighs and potatoes to bake for dinner, but I am not planning to eat any. :( Will be difficult once the smell starts drifting through the house. :D

LOL I know! but I was so dang hungry and it smelled so good! Thank goodness it was just a fleeting thought.....

Wow LBG I could NOT cook that yummy food and not eat any. I would THINK I wouldn't but as the smell wafted around me, my determination would shatter. I can only cook like that on UD's. Thank goodness hubby is okay with fending for himself on DD's. At least he knows he'll eat well the next day. :hugs:

gotitnow 12-01-2012 07:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^Thanks for laughs today!!!!!:rofl::rofl:
Phyl:heart:

Shari4 12-01-2012 07:31 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::goodpost:

WantToBeSlim 12-02-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyPants (Post 16110570)
Everything on a DD tastes like it's the best thing I've ever eaten!!!
:yummy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16110610)
I have to sit on my hands sometimes......

Oh yes same here! :yummy: :laugh:

Mariannewww 12-03-2012 03:58 AM

Ha ha this is so funny and true - you would eat a scabby old horse!
Down day today and all I can think about is biscuits - I'm not a sweet person normally and can take or leave it when on ud so it must be some kind of suger lull! Chocolate hob mobs I'm thinking in particular

Librarygirl 12-03-2012 08:47 AM

chocolate hob mobs? That must be something we can't get over here (US), but no worries! I have plenty of cookies to choose from in the house. :D Just can't have them today...

You are very pretty, Marianne. :)

mll5872 12-03-2012 09:52 AM

LG, they're hobnobs. Super yummy! Most grocery stores have them. Kroger, Albertsons. . .definitely World Market. :)

Mariannewww 12-03-2012 10:42 AM

Hobnobs yes sorry my autocorrect has failed me! Hobnobs are so delicious!

Aww thanks librarygirl that's sweet of you x

Flossyliz 12-03-2012 11:10 AM

Mmmmmm, Chocolate Hobnobs! :yummy:

:cry: Unfortunately it's potatoes today!

Luv2Eat 12-03-2012 02:12 PM

You know you're hungry on a DD when. . . . . dog is crying for dinner, and you snap at it - what's your problem, huh? At least you ate a good breakfast. You don't know what it's like to be really hungry :annoyed:

Then I remember the treats in the cupboard for tomorrow - doggie can't have chocolate, poor thing.

Carly 12-03-2012 06:34 PM

2 of our cats are obese and insulin dependent. I always say that every other day I will give them just 20% of there normal food. DW say no- that's mean- it's mean that she overfed them for so many years. The cats couldn't cheat cause they can't get a snack in the middle of the night- right? Stealth JUDDDing for cats!

LoCarbGal 12-03-2012 09:19 PM

That would be so funny if it worked on cats. Of course, you'll never find out because they'll torture you to death first! MROWR!

Librarygirl 12-04-2012 07:10 AM

I do that too! I tell my dogs, you've had way more to eat that I have today, quit yer whining! :D :D

Librarygirl 12-04-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16115661)
2 of our cats are obese and insulin dependent. I always say that every other day I will give them just 20% of there normal food. DW say no- that's mean- it's mean that she overfed them for so many years. The cats couldn't cheat cause they can't get a snack in the middle of the night- right? Stealth JUDDDing for cats!

LOL, but the cats won't understand that it's for their health. All they will know is that their human is starving them. :D I guess if you start feeding them only the recommended amount at every feeding, they would eventually lose. I have trouble turning my cats or dogs away when they beg too. :")