Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Crazy in a good way

My life, I mean. It's just crazy. But, in a good way.

Every time I think things are going to settle down into a routine, another opportunity pops up and off I go again. Have suitcase. Will travel!

I so appreciated a surprise phone call from JUDD BUDD, Seabreezes, the other day. She called from Hawaii to check and make sure I'm ok since I've been so MIA.

Life has been filled with family and friends, holiday parties, food, travel, grand kiddles staying over at my home for days and nights on end (with lots of cookie baking!) and more travel.

It looked like after Thanksgiving I was going to be looking forward to several solid weeks at home, but DH just informed me we will be staying at a beautiful hotel on the Sacramento River next week. We have a room reserved with a view of the river, so it will be nice.

I know there are some great restaurants where we will be dining, so again, I have to figure out how to JUDD while traveling.

You would think I'd be an expert by now, huh? But, not so. I still fall off the wagon quite regularly.

Still amazing to me is how the pounds have pretty much stayed off over this past year. I started JUDDing on December 22, 2011 so my one year JUDDiversary will be coming up just before Christmas.

Believe me, I still want to get more fat off this old bod. But, there is some celebrating to be done for losing and keeping it off for a year.

Please forgive me for not being here as often as was possible in months gone by. There is always a chance that things will settle down after the new year begins. Fingers crossed!

I love and appreciate everyone here and all the support on this forum.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
We'll be here whenever you're able to stop by. Enjoy your travels, and family, and friends!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Dawn: Love your new Avatar! And, I read about you renewing your vows in Vegas. How exciting! I agree with Nancy: we want to see lots of pictures!

If you do live streaming video, will the JUDD BUDDS get to participate?

That's just so exciting!

You look awesome, Sweetie!

How is your DH feeling? The last update I read was just after a week. I'm going to have to go back and find that post and read more updates.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So nice to hear from you Yam Yam. I love hearing from the JUDDD regulars! It's so amazing how JUDDD keeps working it's magic, and it's encouraging to newbies to hear how people have lost and stayed that way! Well done on all your travelling. It sounds like a blast!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I think that's why JUDDD is so do-able!! You can do it and still live your life! How many times have we dieted & put our lives on hold? Too many for me!! Enjoy your time with your DH! My DH & I rarely have more than an hour or two to ourselves. It's hard to do when you're full time caregivers. But, we don't complain & we still love our lives & our family!

Enjoy your trip & the view!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Yam Yam, sounds like my kind of crazy! I love to travel and see new places as well as visit new ones. We made three trips to California in the last year and I hope to go to Europe in the spring.

It is so fantastic that we can live and enjoy our lives and still lose, maintain, or just plain feel good.

Have a great time and enjoy every crazy minute!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am envious of this kind of cray-cray! I say make mine a double and I will be happy! Good to know that you are happily crazy!
Can't wait to have some "me" time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi Yam-Yam! I've been thinking about you and said "Where in the world is Yam-Yam" then I said "She could be just about anywhere!"

Enjoy! That's what life is about- feeling good, being with friends and family and TRAVEL. If only I had more time (away from work) and more funds... I'd rarely be home!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Dawn: Love your new Avatar! And, I read about you renewing your vows in Vegas. How exciting! I agree with Nancy: we want to see lots of pictures!

If you do live streaming video, will the JUDD BUDDS get to participate?

That's just so exciting!

You look awesome, Sweetie!

How is your DH feeling? The last update I read was just after a week. I'm going to have to go back and find that post and read more updates.
Thanks Yam, yours is pretty awesome too! Re: streaming, I'll definitely post a link or give directions how to view it when the time comes (if it's allowed).

DH is doing great! He has lost 45 pounds in 3 weeks!

Okay, back to your regularly programmed Yam-Yam awesomeness! T/J over.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
You'll be in my neck of the woods! I live along the Sacramento River close to the Zoo in Land Park. Hope you have a great time out here--I love it and can't imagine living anywhere else!
Lyric's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yam Yam...so so good hearing from you. Happy for you enjoying your life like you do.

You have always been a "stand-out" delightful personality here! (we are blessed to have so many like that on this board) and just want you to know how much you are missed when you are away! Hope to have you around more soon!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yam Yam, glad to hear from you and that you're continuing to enjoy your travels and keepin the weight off! Have loads of fun!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
... Believe me, I still want to get more fat off this old bod. But, there is some celebrating to be done for losing and keeping it off for a year...
There is a LOT of celebrating to be done for losing, living a complex and sometimes way-too-stressful life, and keeping it off!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not going to have time to address everyone, but I LOVE reading your comments, my JUDD BUDDS! Love you ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Yam Yam, sounds like my kind of crazy! I love to travel and see new places as well as visit new ones. We made three trips to California in the last year and I hope to go to Europe in the spring.

It is so fantastic that we can live and enjoy our lives and still lose, maintain, or just plain feel good.

Have a great time and enjoy every crazy minute!
Thanks, Jan! I do love my nutty life. I'm all over the place, disorganized, always making lists and crossing things off...but I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi Yam-Yam! I've been thinking about you and said "Where in the world is Yam-Yam" then I said "She could be just about anywhere!"

Enjoy! That's what life is about- feeling good, being with friends and family and TRAVEL. If only I had more time (away from work) and more funds... I'd rarely be home!
So true! Carly! YOu are doing great! Are you calling goal yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am envious of this kind of cray-cray! I say make mine a double and I will be happy! Good to know that you are happily crazy!
Can't wait to have some "me" time.
I do get "me" time but also lots of everyone else time, too. The Sacramento trip is a business conference for DH's company. There will probably be social hours and dinners but I'm going to get in lots of walking if the weather is not too wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thanks Yam, yours is pretty awesome too! Re: streaming, I'll definitely post a link or give directions how to view it when the time comes (if it's allowed).

DH is doing great! He has lost 45 pounds in 3 weeks!

Okay, back to your regularly programmed Yam-Yam awesomeness! T/J over.
OMGosh! -45 in 3 weeks is so awesome! He must be thrilled and I know you are so proud of him and relieved that the surgery and recovery went so well. I cannot WAIT to see the pictures and video of your Vegas vow renewal. How romantic! I adore romance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom View Post
You'll be in my neck of the woods! I live along the Sacramento River close to the Zoo in Land Park. Hope you have a great time out here--I love it and can't imagine living anywhere else!
I expect it will be beautiful with a view of the Tower Bridge, right? My DD, her hubby and three kidlets (plus cute Puggle - my grand doggie) live in Sacramento. I'm hoping to spend some quality time with her while we are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Yam Yam...so so good hearing from you. Happy for you enjoying your life like you do.

You have always been a "stand-out" delightful personality here! (we are blessed to have so many like that on this board) and just want you to know how much you are missed when you are away! Hope to have you around more soon!

Phyl
Love you, Phyl! I always miss you all so much when I'm running around and have no time or computer to get in touch with you all. It does feel like "home" when I can sit in my living room and have you all here with me. Thanks for all your encouragement to me. You are definitely a stand out super rock star JUDDer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
There is a LOT of celebrating to be done for losing, living a complex and sometimes way-too-stressful life, and keeping it off!
Amen and Amen, Sista!

I had an awesome and welcomed DD yesterday. It makes me so happy to see that scale go down so quickly after I've been so indulgent.

What a "find" this place is, huh? I had never heard of JUDD or ADF before last December. Now, here I am, a seasoned rotater with a plan I'm sure will serve me well the rest of my life and keep me so much healthier than I would have been without it.

And, I have all of you! I feel like I hit the Jackpot. Forget Powerball and the lottery. This is better than getting a winning ticket!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 12-01-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Lyric's Mom - how are you doing with this crazy weather and flood threats? Is the Sacto River okay? Are you high enough not to be threatened.
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
I still fall off the wagon quite regularly.

Still amazing to me is how the pounds have pretty much stayed off over this past year. I started JUDDing on December 22, 2011 so my one year JUDDiversary will be coming up just before Christmas.

Believe me, I still want to get more fat off this old bod. But, there is some celebrating to be done for losing and keeping it off for a year.
We miss you here but are so glad that you're off living the good life! I'm living it vicariously through you. Now look at what you said above. This is what's so amazing.

JUDDD does not require perfection. It just requires consistent application. You have this marvelous magic spell in your suitcase with you that you can invoke whenever you need it.

Go forth, be free. We love you!!!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
We miss you here but are so glad that you're off living the good life! I'm living it vicariously through you. Now look at what you said above. This is what's so amazing.

JUDDD does not require perfection. It just requires consistent application. You have this marvelous magic spell in your suitcase with you that you can invoke whenever you need it.

Go forth, be free. We love you!!!
Thanks, Steph! There is that old saying "Progression, not Perfection," right?

I always remind myself "this is not a race" and as long as I'm hangin' in there and going in the right direction, I'm a happy girl.

Maybe I'll lose 20 pounds in 2013. Maybe I'll only lose 2 pounds in 2013. If I don't gain back what I've lost, it will be a win. If I lose, it will be icing on the cake.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam!

Always a joy to see your posts. Glad you are still enjoying your wonderful life, enjoy the travels and the grandies.

See you again when you get a chance to drop by.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Maybe I'll lose 20 pounds in 2013. Maybe I'll only lose 2 pounds in 2013. If I don't gain back what I've lost, it will be a win. If I lose, it will be icing on the cake.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hi, glad you are so busy and enjoying it. Hope the weather clears for your Sacramento adventure.

Doing well here!

Off to our first holiday dinner tonight. I'll get to see a lot of people I haven't seen for a while. It will be lovely and it is an UP day!

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Hi, glad you are so busy and enjoying it. Hope the weather clears for your Sacramento adventure.

Doing well here!

Off to our first holiday dinner tonight. I'll get to see a lot of people I haven't seen for a while. It will be lovely and it is an UP day!

Hugs
Have fun at the party! It's wicked weather in my neck of the woods. DH says the weather is supposed to be much better by the time we head out Tuesday morning.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Wow i dont get on the boards much of late my self, but im not enjoying my time like you are.. just work work and more work for me lol.. I wondered where you were though..Funny how we miss our friends we meet on here, and how so many times i wish i could just pick up the phone and talk to many of you! I look forward to seeing more of you when things settle down and you have that internet time~ Miss you my friend~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Wow i dont get on the boards much of late my self, but im not enjoying my time like you are.. just work work and more work for me lol.. I wondered where you were though..Funny how we miss our friends we meet on here, and how so many times i wish i could just pick up the phone and talk to many of you! I look forward to seeing more of you when things settle down and you have that internet time~ Miss you my friend~
Kimberly: I know, huh? We are a bunch of buddies and I do wonder where people are. What ever happened to Sheridan? She was the originator of "the pants don't lie" I think. I miss seeing that cute avatar of the lady in the bathrobe.

Well, one thing I know for sure and have learned with all my comings and goings is that I do much, much better losing weight when I'm home and in some kind of settled routine for a number of consecutive days.

Last Friday morning I was after stepping on the scale and doubting if I could get it to come back down. This morning I was on the scale and because it's come down an unbelievable 6.2 in only 3 days!

Isn't that shocking and great? !!! I'm still 3 pounds above my stats so I have to figure out a way to be really good this week at that nice hotel on the river. We leave tomorrow morning, and today is supposed to be an UD.

I think I'll keep it an UD and try to have maybe a 700 DD tomorrow.

If I could just maintain this week and then have 5 or 6 days of normalcy and strict rotations, I think I can get back to my stats and beyond before all my house guests arrive for Christmas.

Sorry for the long ramble! Just thinking through my fingers.

YOU surely are doing great, Kimberly! You have kept off what you lost and I can't believe you are going for 10 more pounds. You look so great!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
always fab to hear what you get up to dearie!
the longer I am in this game the more I value the maintained loss, so cheers to your year!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Yam, wow. You really show us how it can be done while on the fly! I LOVE your example.
Thanks, sister. Enjoy your travels.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yam-Yam I just saw your note asking if I was getting ready to call goal. No not yet. I think I want to see 120 and then decide. I doubt that I will go down to 112- especially due to the extra skin, but I think I would want the high end of my bounce to be 120 max, so probably try for 117
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwib
Stats: (336/284/150)
WOE: Dukan > Fast-5
Start Date: Dukan 12 Oct 2011; Fast-5 17 Dec 2012
Quote:

Hi Yam-Yam, I'm Brenda -- recently converted from Dukan (lost 60lb in about 13 months) to JUDDD ... and I love what you wrote here! I will memorize this and use it as my motto for 2013!
kiwib is offline   Reply With Quote