Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
Should I mess up my rotation?

Hi! I'm still here chugging along. Doing my rotations to perfection for the past 6 weeks or so. I've lost a pound. Yes! I said A pound! I'm really okay with maintaining for now.
Here is my problem...
Saturday is suppose to be a down day. We are going into St. Louis for a cheerleading competition. Apparently, we all drive in together, go to lunch and then to competition for the day. Then afterwards we all go out to dinner together. Then back home again.
How do I deal with this?
I am on a down day today and am really looking forward to an up day on Friday.
HELP!
So what do I do about Saturday?
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I personally dislike MDs, but you could make Friday a MD and Saturday an UD. Will any of the food be really good at this competition? Or will it be chain restaurant blah- where a house salad wouldn't mean you were missing out on fantastic cuisine and kept to your rotations?
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
I don't really like MDs either, I would probably do do the two UDs then back to DD on Sunday.

Of course, quality of the food is a huge factor also.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Really your choice. You could do two UD's or two DD's.....MD is an option.
Just depends on your preference.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm thinking 2 UD's may freak my body out a little and may be the kick it needs to start losing. I will definitely do an UD tomorrow because I don't think I could do another DD or even an MD. I am HUNGRY!!! Not starving by any means but I can't wait for breakfast!
I will see how it goes on Saturday. I have no idea where we are going. I most likely would get a salad anywhere we went so maybe a MD on Saturday it will be. However, with all these girls I'm thinking a pizzeria or sub shop.

Thanks for the input. Sunday will definitely be a DD.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Donna View Post
Hi! I'm still here chugging along. Doing my rotations to perfection for the past 6 weeks or so. I've lost a pound. Yes! I said A pound! I'm really okay with maintaining for now.
Here is my problem...
Saturday is suppose to be a down day. We are going into St. Louis for a cheerleading competition. Apparently, we all drive in together, go to lunch and then to competition for the day. Then afterwards we all go out to dinner together. Then back home again.
How do I deal with this?
I am on a down day today and am really looking forward to an up day on Friday.
HELP!
So what do I do about Saturday?
Donna your not alone in feeling like nothing is moving. I have lost 2 pds this month, and its gone back up and I am way heavier than you. Its so frustrating but I know this works for people. I am going to make it work for me too. I just wish it would happen a little faster. I changed a day about a week before Thanksgiving so it would fall on an UD . I just did 2 UD's in a row and fell right back into rotation.
Debrat3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hvrijssa
Stats: 118/110/100
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012
Maybe my experience will help you: I do DDs on mon-wed-fri, UDs on tue-thu and UUAD on sat-sun. I lose slowly but I still lose (mind you I exercise 3 times/week as well).
So as you can see it is possible to lose even with 2 UUADs a week so I don't think 2 UDs in a row will be a big problem.
If you feel really bad about it you could do: UD, UD, DD, MD, DD, but I don't think I would have the strength to do it.
Hvrijssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/223/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
Go, enjoy yourself and get back on rotation straight afterwards. lifes too short
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I would do two UDs in a row. Structured within that I would extend night's 'fast' by eating very few calories each morning. And, each evening I would minimize after-dinner nibbles. But, each main meal of the day would be - - as big as I wanted (pizza sounds good. That gets my vote!)

Donna and Debbie, both of you have been JUDDDing awhile now. We know that some people take more than six weeks to kick into gear. But, some tuning may help.

If you want to, please consider opening a new post that explains what foods you ate, calorie counts, and what times you ate it. Give several DD and UD examples. And maybe include whether you found yourself thinking about food a lot after each meal and how hungry you were when you woke up the next morning.

If you don't want to share with the world, you can PM me. If you don't want to share at all, that is just fine. But, if you post we will probably get some really valuable advice and experience from many different metabolisms (meaning, 'people').
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And I know I am the odd man out but since I am a purist, I woiuld not change rotations. I have learned how to deal with them when attending all kinds of functions. I no longer feel the need to eat just because everyone else is. I have gotten real independent in my old age.

Whatever you decide is your decision to fit your life.

And I love JUDDD for what it has done for me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I also do DD on M-W-F. And then my weekends I kind of just play it by events, dinners etc. So Sat/Sun are UD/MD, and it hasnt slowed down my loss at all! I just have to make sure I keep the M W F down days STRICT and I still lose
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
I would do 2 UD's and move forward. I take JUDDD as a tool that allows life to happen! Enjoy your weekend!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettleboy View Post
Go, enjoy yourself and get back on rotation straight afterwards. lifes too short
Yep to this! I'd just do two UDs in a row and then get back on rotation afterward I'm going to be doing the same thing-today is an UD and we were going to celebrate our anniversary tonight, but I just got a phone call that an impromptu birthday dinner has been put together for tonight, for my husband's grandma. So now we're eating out tonight for that and pushing our anniversary dinner to tomorrow night. I refuse to do a DD or MD tomorrow for my 10 year anniversary meal, especially when we're going to our favorite restaurant So, two UDs in a row for me and then Sunday will be a DD
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #14

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
And I know I am the odd man out but since I am a purist, I woiuld not change rotations. I have learned how to deal with them when attending all kinds of functions. I no longer feel the need to eat just because everyone else is. I have gotten real independent in my old age.

Whatever you decide is your decision to fit your life.

And I love JUDDD for what it has done for me.
Adi, you're not alone. This is me too. I've gotten real good at sitting with people while they eat, and sip some tea or a soda. I seem to get a charge out of NOT eating. After all, I figure it's what I'm NOT eating that is keeping me thin!

But as to the original question, you can do whatever works for you. Two UDs won't hurt you, long term (might in the short term, but YMMV).

I'm just a big proponent of not changing my rotations. Just like hunger is not an emergency, other people's eating plans are not an emergency either. I let them eat what they want to eat, and eat what I want to eat, which sometimes is nothing.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #15

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Respect Adi and Luna.

Me, I am more of a two UD girl.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #16

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yeah, I'd vote for 2 UDs in a row too. 2 DDs in a row would be REALLY hard for me. I've done a couple of MDs to change rotations, and I don't really like them much. Can't quite explain why, but I don't. Good luck and you'll be just fine whatever you do. One or two days don't define your efforts overall.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Adi, you're not alone. This is me too. I've gotten real good at sitting with people while they eat, and sip some tea or a soda. I seem to get a charge out of NOT eating. After all, I figure it's what I'm NOT eating that is keeping me thin!
But as to the original question, you can do whatever works for you. Two UDs won't hurt you, long term (might in the short term, but YMMV).

I'm just a big proponent of not changing my rotations. Just like hunger is not an emergency, other people's eating plans are not an emergency either. I let them eat what they want to eat, and eat what I want to eat, which sometimes is nothing.
and Quoted for truth and the fact that this in itself is so freeing!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/241.8/150
WOE: LC and IF (5:2 or 4:3)
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Since I am just a "Girl Who Wants To Have Fun", as the song goes - I think that life is too short to not enjoy certain events with food IF we are still at a point where food makes that event more enjoyable.. I yearn to get to the day when food will be "take it or leave it" as so many JUDDD Buddds are. I am at the point where I cannot enjoy myself if I am hungry. I cannot enjoy myself if I am obsessed about what I am or am not eating. I have chosen JUDDD because it seems like the best way to permanently lose weight and stay on the program. If it takes me two extra DD's to lose a lb because I enjoyed a celebration, then so be it. I've been heavy my entire life, so I am going to be flexible about this and enjoy the journey. Of course, I am not going to have 7 UP days in a row and pretend to be working the plan and question why I am not losing..

I have gotten myself into this black/white - all or nothing mindset by not deviating during prior diet programs.. and then when I do (did) I go crazy I gained it all back. That mindset has gotten me 100 lbs overweight. Not this time! I really feel like this time is different!

I know there are different philosophies about the "cheating" concept. I know we are all different and our brains are in different places. Not everyone has my black/white thinking that has plagued me for 40+ years (as long as I have been dieting). Of course you must do what works for YOU. The great thing about JUDDD is, whatever decision you make, you can make it work!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Since I am just a "Girl Who Wants To Have Fun", as the song goes - I think that life is too short to not enjoy certain events with food IF we are still at a point where food makes that event more enjoyable.. I yearn to get to the day when food will be "take it or leave it" as so many JUDDD Buddds are. I am at the point where I cannot enjoy myself if I am hungry. I cannot enjoy myself if I am obsessed about what I am or am not eating. I have chosen JUDDD because it seems like the best way to permanently lose weight and stay on the program. If it takes me two extra DD's to lose a lb because I enjoyed a celebration, then so be it. I've been heavy my entire life, so I am going to be flexible about this and enjoy the journey. Of course, I am not going to have 7 UP days in a row and pretend to be working the plan and question why I am not losing..

I have gotten myself into this black/white - all or nothing mindset by not deviating during prior diet programs.. and then when I do (did) I go crazy I gained it all back. That mindset has gotten me 100 lbs overweight. Not this time! I really feel like this time is different!
I know there are different philosophies about the "cheating" concept. I know we are all different and our brains are in different places. Not everyone has my black/white thinking that has plagued me for 40+ years (as long as I have been dieting). Of course you must do what works for YOU. The great thing about JUDDD is, whatever decision you make, you can make it work!

Judy, just wanted to let you know that I hear you and I get it. I am the same way, btdt X 1000000000 and really need to take a page from your post to heart. I keep posting this, and maybe my twitty brain will finally hear me, but I need to learn how to accept grey and love it. I work a program 110% and it always, always backfires on me soon enough. good for you girl!!!

OP, my black & white brain says to stay on rotations but I think my grey brain will try to do 2 UDs in a row. I'm already thinking about this for Christmas Eve & Christmas since Christmas will be on a down day for me. It'll all work out either way, really. It's only 2 days in the overall scheme of your JUDDD life, right?
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Flutter - I am glad what I said resonated with you.. I am taking each week at a time right now, and depending on what is planned for the following week will make me decide how I am going to do my weekend. Either Sat. or Sun. will be my weekend DD depending on how I want my weekday rotation to fall. For the week of Christmas, New Years, etc. I'll decide right before that week. Although, who knows, maybe by then the hunger-monster will have left and food won't be so important during a celebration.. Only time will tell!

Have a super day everyone!!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Same here!!!!
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:

This is an excellent post, Judy, and I can really relate to this as well. This type of all or nothing perfectionist obsession is something that I've always had and it was also what got me regaining my weight again and again over the years and never reaching goal. JUDDD was the only thing that ever got me to goal, and it's exactly because JUDDD doesn't require perfection and is definitely not all or nothing, and there is no such thing as failing with JUDDD. Tomorrow is always another day. I tell myself when DDs are difficult, that tomorrow is another day and will be a wonderful UD. When I go off the rails with an UUAUD or went crazy and off plan for a few days, I tell myself, hey, tomorrow is another day and will be a wonderful DD. We're always just a DD away from being back in the game. This system just worked so well for me not only in wlm but also is a perfect woe to maintain.

Last edited by vilanteira; 12-01-2012 at 02:48 PM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the post Vilanteira! I notice you are also doing * wheat/gluten-free
* whole foods and minimal refined sugar/carbs... me too!! At least I am trying! No frankenfoods for me, accept on a very occasional basis when I have no choice. Great job on your weight loss!!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

I just feel really gross right now.

I did do an up day yesterday (Saturday). Burger and soup for lunch and then a large salad for dinner.

Then today was a medium day. Large salad and 100 calorie popcorn.

Going to make Monday a down day which will be back on rotation.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #25

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Glad you found a solution. Why do you feel gross? Do you feel like you overate? Just wondering.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Glad you found a solution. Why do you feel gross? Do you feel like you overate? Just wondering.
Yes I feel like I ate too much even though I didn't. I felt sick to my stomach all day. I think my body knew that it was suppose to be a down day.

As weird as this seems, I was lower than I have ever been today. I was .4 lower than I was 3 days ago.