Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
50 in 10, do it again!

Itís been awhile since I have done an update of this nature for many reasons. But today I am celebrating because I finally hit the 50 pound mark with JUDDD making it 110 pound loss altogether. My loss is the size of a normal woman!

First six months
I canít really say it was 50 pounds in 10 months because four of those months were not in JUDDD weight loss mode. The first six months of JUDDD were awesome. I did my DDís with relative ease, and was I was losing at a rate that made me smile. My arthritis was held at bay, my bp normalized, my skin cleared, my guts were kind of normal, I was exercising again, and I was dropping sizes.

What happened?
After losing weight on a regular basis with JUDDD for six months, suddenly something weird happened to me. I felt like the SIRTI1 stopped working. My true physiological hunger pains went completely out of control. I was hungry like nobodyís business and little tricks of drinking water or broth or eating a bit more didnít stop it. This was a raging hunger. I think my body was sending out hormones to protect itself from losing more weight. I have experienced that before on other plans when I have lost a good chunk of weight I think I was making hunger hormones night and day creating the unusual kind of hunger I was feeling.

I decided to go into maintenance mode at that time to relax my freaking out body and to eat a bit more. Although I wanted to continue weight loss mode because I have so much to lose, I thought it better that I tread water for the time being. After all, maintaining weight loss was what was impossible for me over the years, so I may as well learn to do it. Due to life, (it happens, you know), I continued to maintain for two months. I felt really great that I was able to do this. At the end of the period, I felt success that I could maintain and the intense hunger monster had gone away.

The big birthday
ButÖ then we came to celebration time. The big 60 arrived. I had wanted to be in onederland by that day, but it didnít happen. ďIf you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plansĒ. It was actually a whole month of celebrating with various friends and that meant lots of eating plus a trip back east to see the family. Food galore! All activities involved food. I think I did really well with a small gain and then came back and got right into my rotations and was back to maintenance weight again. This made me happy that I could maintain this loss.

Life happens
Unfortunately, I have Crohnís disease and upon my return, I came down with a huge flare up. After a year of doing so great, I thought the SIRTIís were healing me and I canít express the level of disappointment I felt when I was hit hard. With a flare of this nature, I have to take BIG GUNS medication and along with that comes the dreaded prednisone which makes me steadily increase in weight. Oh no, I didnít want to go on that medication again, but I had no choice. Healing must come first.

Not a poster child
I wish I was the poster child for JUDDD like a few of my BUDDDS are, but maybe I can be the poster child for those who have been seriously obese and who have chronic health care issues! It is a struggle for me to lose and a struggle to maintain loss. So this overall 110 pounds is a big deal to me.

I may do JUDDD slightly different than others. After trying different ways of handling my down days, I have found that water /coffee fasting on those days often works best for me. Eating, for me, can sometimes set off hunger signals that I canít control, so not eating resolves that. Plus, with my digestive problems, not eating solids every other day gives my system a chance to heal and not digest anything. This works for me. There are some days where I will eat down day allotted calories, but for the most part, I try to fast. My struggle continues to be more with up days.

Many people think of JUDDD as dieting half the time, but keeping my up day calories low enough within range is actually dieting to a person who used to eat whatever she wanted in a given day. And let me say, that was quite a bit. I am not complaining because that is what I need to do, but keeping within my up day limits takes concerted effort and planning on my part. I donít think I ever feel full. I can eat and eat and eat!

I try to plan ahead what I am going to eat I count calories on up and down days. I try not to break rotations as that seems to cause problems for me. I have done a few MDís to switch things out, but that always impedes my losses.

Still have to watch carbs
I have been a carb addict my whole life, so even though I am not doing low carb like I did, I do have to be very careful about too much sugar. It still can trigger me to go whole hog if I am not careful. But I truly love being able to have delicious treats upon occasion and it has completely removed that fear of deprivation I lived with on other plans. I love the freedom of being able to socialize with friends and eat what they are eating. My favorite treat is still hot restaurant tortilla chips and a giant margarita!

Still love JUDDD
I do think JUDDD is a way of life I can maintain for life. At least I hope so. I find such support and encouragement from the JBís. I wouldnít have started this program without SophietheCat, Gotsomeold, So Happy, Kissa, and Keiras mom. All the others on here have provided me with support and kept me on track. And it is really nice when you donít show up for a while when people check up on you to see how you are!

On to Onederland
So I am off the steroids and it is full force toward onederland. I have tried for so long to get there and I am still too far away. I may be proceeding like a turtle, but I am bound and determined to reach goal.

Thanks for your support everyone!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariannewww
Stats: 145/127/120
Well done - I think it's massively inspirational because it includes all those real life issues that make it a more bumpy journey! I'm just starting out and it's great to read people's stories and successes! X
Mariannewww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Wow, sungoddess.... I can so relate to a lot of your story! This is a great example how we all have to find our own way with this WOE. I know I am.
Its like what is working one day needs to be tweaked a little the next.

Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss! I know you will reach your goal. Your story has really inspired me. Thanks for sharing it!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Very good! Proud for u. Yes those names u bring up. Awesome people. They seem like movie stars, house hold names in a way. Keep those positive numbers rolling.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Oh, this was such an exciting post! Beverly, you are doing just wonderfully! Oh, gosh.. we all stumble along the way, but it's the getting back on course that ends up telling the truth about whether we'll *get there* or not. Mostly it just ends up being the doing of it that wins the battle for us. And you're Doing It.

I'm so proud of you. You deserve the losses as they come. I remember back when you first came here, and look at you now, how confident you've become and how much you've learned about yourself and how to manage your weight loss doing JUDDD. I know you'll have a lot of success in the future as well.

Happy 60th! This is going to be a fabulous year for you. And for us all, on JUDDD.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Beverly, you ARE most definitely a JUDDD poster child. To have dealt with all that darn "life" happening and prednisone and health issues, and to still come out on top, is a blessing and a wonderful accomplishment! You maintained when you wanted to, and have lost a bunch of weight both before, and after. We all know I'm a firm believer in the "maintenance" breaks, just from my own personal experience with JUDDD, and this is the only plan where I've been able to maintain or even lose a little while simply trying not to gain.

110 pounds! You are a star!!! I'm so proud of you!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Thanks for the update, you're doing JUDDD beautifully
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Wow, Beverly, 110 is an amazing number

Your story has brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like you're finally hitting a stride, I that life allows you to continue. I love your positive attitude of being a turtle - he did, after all, win the race with the hare

Thank you for sharing the amazing trials and tribulations of your extreme journey. You're admitting and dealing with your weaknesses and seeking out strengths to hone. You've already seen fabulous results, and I know will continue, with the support and love of our BUDDDs
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Beverly, Juddd queen, thanks for your story. I'm awed by your persistence.
All the best and more from here on in.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I agree- you are a JUDDD superstar!
110lbs is amazing- despite those darn life experiences that pop up.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thank you for this, Sun. You are truly inspirational. I feel bad for complaining so much during my brief time with JUDDD. You and the others here have proven that it works! I'm going to put up your poster in my kitchen!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Beverly, this IS A BIG DEAL! I'm so proud of you, girlie! You know I love you and am thrilled for your continued success. Who cares how long it takes? You're moving forward, not backward. KUTGW!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Bev! (I still think of you as "moonie" LOL ) I just think you are wonderful, and a great inspiration!

Life does indeed happen-- seems to happen to me all the time! LOL

You are a rockstar and I can't wait till you get to Onederland and maintain at whatever level you want, b/c I know that YOU know you can do it!

my friend!
s.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Beverly, what an inspirational story you have! 110 pounds! That is just amazing! And dealing with your health issues too. You're right, healing comes before weight loss, and I think you're absolutely right to take a break when your body tells you something's up. Good job!

When I first started lurking here in, oh probably July or August, you were posting quite often and you became a part of all those JUDDD star names you mentioned in your post. You ARE part of that superstar group! So glad you're back, on the mend, and ready to rejoin the gang.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme

I think you are amazing Beverly.
Congrats on the 110 loss!
Thanks for sharing
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Beverly, what a joy to hear you have met these goals and passed them on your healthy way. No doubt you are helping others by documenting your experiences so clearly and graciously here, too. Congratulations!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Your journey sounds incredible! Congratulations on your success .. you are an inspiration!!!!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
wow, that is an amazing thing you've accomplished! Congratulations on persevering, you should be so proud of yourself.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Beverly, I have nothing but admiration for you. and I can't wait to celebrate every single success with you, now, and in the future. Thank you for sharing your heart with us today. You're a true success story and a precious supportive BUDD!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Your an inspiration! You have given me the determination to keep plugging away when things dont seem to be working for me. Thank you for posting!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Beverly! I had no idea you had all that going on, but how you handled it ...

I can't tell you how much I admire those who persevere when it's hard.

I just heard this quote the other day:
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
-- Calvin Coolidge

And 110 pounds!!!! Congratulations .... I look forward to seeing where your persistence even in the face of obstacles will take you.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Beverly, you are a truly good person and a Queen Of Weight Loss!

YOU are one of the reasons I am glad I found JUDDD.

I am looking forward (fingers, toes, and other anatomical parts crossed) to hearing your body has totally reset and you return to smooth, consistent health and weight loss.

I am Happy Dancing all over the place for you!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-30-2012 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: Happy Dance
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #23

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Beverly, Life happens and I do believe that JUDDD allows for that. I think in a lot of ways you are the poster child for JUDDD. Honestly, I don't think there are many people here that do JUDDD exactly the same. Some are very strict, count each and every calorie, some just count DD calories, some have extremely low DD calories, some not....Honestly, I think JUDDD is the one plan that can adapt to each persons preference. I am eternally grateful to have discovered JUDDD and I certainly don't follow it like most here! You have done great. CONGRATS!!!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Bev.. Wow the things that you have over come and yet still are a sucess! So much of how you do your DD is very much like my own story and i can relate to most of what you talked about.. You are a def poster child for this program, JUDDD will keep you on track with your main goal which is to maintane it for life.. and KUTGW SO so proud,, i have tears in my eyes today from your post..Thank you for sharing~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Well done! 110 pounds lost is amazing....

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #26

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Beverly, you amazing woman you!!

What an amazing story you've posted! 110 pounds is a huge loss and I am so proud of you. And with all the health challenges and everything that you've dealt with and continue to deal with, you should be majorly proud of yourself. You're an inspiration!!!

I am so glad you found JUDDD and found us...we have been blessed by having you in our midst. And we have all been blessed by our decisions to be healthier and take better care of ourselves by eating this way. Sounds like your Crohn's is really helped by IF.

I know you will make onederland soon and I'll be cheering from the sidelines. Isn't this way of life wonderful and exciting? I wake up every day so happy that I get to have this body instead of the old one I used to have. It's a gift.

Thank you for sharing your story. We are honored to get to witness your transformation.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #27

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh Beverley! I have had my weep, blown my nose and here I am

110 lbs is incredible, yes a whole person, gone. It is such a credit to your perseverance in spite of all the Health stuff and Life stuff that has happened to you in the past 10 months.

I love that you managed a Maintenance break, you managed a wonderful 60th birthday celebration with friends and family, and you didn't allow your many health issues to unseat you, even though it was tough.

You are such a special JUDDD BUDDD, I can't believe that you include me with all those illustrious BUDDDs, I am just a chatterbox. Bless you.

Not only are you a JUDDD Poster Child, you are responsible for one of the greatest and most appreciated thread on here.

So, finally, thank you, thank you, thank you for our Non Scale Victory thread. Where would we all be without its magic..

A round of Applause please!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Beverly,

So happy and thrilled to read this! I am in awe of your strength and passion to keep up the JUDDD journey, even when faced with major health obstacles!

From another slow losing JUDDD budd (who wishes she didn't like Margs & Tortilla Chips as well ) I am wishing you an amazing new year! Thank you for all of your advice and especially this uplifting thread!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What an awesome post, Beverly! You have such staying power and with all you have to deal with, 110 pounds lost is just so awesome!! Congratulations dear Judd Budd!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Thank you so much, Beverly!! You are JUDDD!! I look forward to getting to know you. What an inspiration you are to all of us!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote