Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariannewww
Stats: 145/127/120
Getting grumpy when plans get messed up!

Hi I only started judddding (always reminds me of the old peach schnapps adverts the judddderman - no?just me?) last week as it all went off marvellously - lost 2lb and had was fine on my down days - a big part of my being really excited about this woe was the fact I could regain a normal eating life outside of my down days as long as I stuck to my down days religiously... But this week my best laid plans have been almost scuppered and its making me grumpy - I planned a down day mon wed fri and then on Monday having done so well during the day I got home and my oh had arranged a meal out with his family - fish and chips! He can't seem to grasp the concept of what you can fit into 500 cals.

So although I felt like it was massively wasted effort I thought no bother ill do tues and today. Got through tues fine - felt like I was overeating a bit on wed but back on it today. Got home - oh has his friend round and has bought a lemon drizzle cake - are you flipping kidding me!

Iv resisted although I'm sat here practically on my hands to stop myself cutting off a sliver!

It's not his fault - the idea of this is so I can keep up normal meals and not feel like my oh has to be deprived but my god am I grumpy when I feel my judddd plans are disrupted!

Anyone else get that? I think it's because it takes a really specific mental state for the down days and to get through that then have to cast it into the abyss and realise you have to do it again the next day is quite hard.
Mariannewww is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh yes, and I have not been a great example to anyone lately.

I don't want to talk about the damage warm sausage rolls did to my DD yesterday.

I can only say, plan on Lemon Drizzle cake for breakfast?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
It gets easier to say no or to find lower calorie options when you go out. It just takes practice. You'll get there.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Yeh that was a major grumper - I had planned on soup at the restaurant - got there and they had a minimum price per person of £7.60 - surely not fair! Oh well tomorrow is another (up) day and yes im going to be all over that lemon drizzle cake tomorrow like an over amorous date x
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
You should have seen me when I realized I had totally forgotten that I was supposed to go to a big brunch at my church this morning, on a DD It was NOT a happy, sunshine moment lol. But I sucked it up and made the egg casserole that I could not eat, went and watched 30 other ladies pile their plates overflowing with home made/baked food, and left feeling great about not giving in. And then I made a beeline for Wendy's to get my DD chili

We just have to do the best we can and not be too hard on ourselves if life messes with our plans

eta: oh my gosh-as I was typing this my husband called and told me he's picking up LC pizza/breadsticks for our anniversary I could eat 1 breadstick and still be within my DD calories for today, but seriously who eats just one lol. UGH.

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-29-2012 at 02:42 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I remember feeling that way- especially if an UD got messed up. Example: suppose to go to favorite restaraunt and then could not go and ate gross frozen meal instead.

It doesn't seem to phase me much anymore. I truly believe in JUDDD and now know that another UD is right around the corner. I never feel deprived so never really mind opting out of eating at certain eating events on DD.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep, yes, been there.

It truly does get better as (a) you get used to rotating, (b) friends and family start grasping the basic idea ("Here is a lovely, tasty gift. I know you can't eat this until tomorrow...but enjoy it then"), and (c) JUDDD Calm kicks in.

You are off to a great start!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Yes I feel this way too!! I have definite perfectionist qualities, and the little slip makes me super irritated. I am getting way better though!!! And really trying to realize that this is a lifelong journey, and the little treats and slips are normal!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I do relate. Like Angie, I have perfectionist tendencies, sort of an all or nothing attitude. I got really rattled in the beginning of the JUDDD journey.

But over the months, I have relaxed a bit and I am sure you will too. It just takes a bit of time and practice. It takes time for family and friends to adapt to it too.

And the beauty is, there is always an up day right around the corner.

sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I would just take a slice and say to myself "you can have it tomorrow."

I did that recently at work when a triple chocolate cake was brought in on my DD!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #11

I loathe a 'minimum' charge in any restaurant. I'd not be going back, even on an UD.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Wierdly - I didn't even fancy the lemon drizzle cake today - it's still sat in my kitchen! I had a burger for my tea though and some chips and havnt even gone majorly overboard - I love this - guilt free burger has been unheard of for me for the past year!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #13

Nice!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Perfectionist qualities....um.......yep! They get in the way sometimes, but other times I think they're the only reason I get anything done. I am learning that bumps in the road don't have to overturn my cart anymore though. YAY JUDDD!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I get grumpy when my DD plans don't happen, when I don't lose on a DD, when I notice other people eating something I want on a DD and more. It does get better with time. I think for me there are just certain times (of the month) when that grumpiness is much more obvious. Like today, for example.

I remember my very first DD the first time I tried JUDDD a couple of years back. I was grumpy and exhausted. My only DD coping strategy was to take a nap after dinner and then I'd get up from my nap on the couch and go to bed. LOL. It worked because my worst problem has always been evening and late night snacking. I think I continued with that DD strategy for probably the first 4 or 5 DD. After that I tried exercising on the Wii instead of napping as a strategy for after dinner snacking and that went better.

Over time I have learned lots of other good ways to handle my DD. Things like what types of food keep me feeling full longer and coming to this site instead of going to the fridge on one of those bad DD. Good luck, Mariannewww. Glad you found us because we have all been there, done that and learned a few tricks along the way.

Last edited by wiiiifit; 11-30-2012 at 06:22 PM..
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannewww View Post
Wierdly - I didn't even fancy the lemon drizzle cake today - it's still sat in my kitchen! I had a burger for my tea though and some chips and havnt even gone majorly overboard - I love this - guilt free burger has been unheard of for me for the past year!
Isn't it strange that the things we crave on DD's and feel like we are going to burst if we can't have them, all of a sudden don't have that power the next day? Unfortunately, I caved and ate 6 cookies last night! Six!!! Two were 120 cals, and I was already over my 500 allotment. Today they seem like such innocent things in the package and I don't even want any.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote