Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I HATE Pictures!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790300-i-hate-pictures.html)

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 11:18 AM

I HATE Pictures!!

Just saw a picture of me from Thanksgiving.:cry::cry: If anything could motivate me to have a good DD, that was IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

KeirasMom 11-29-2012 11:20 AM

Same here! Ugh!

SoHappy 11-29-2012 11:26 AM

Well, I'll tell you what. First, I'm sorry, and I really sympathize. Second, next Thanksgiving can be a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY when it comes to all the Holiday pictures, and what you feel about how you look in them.

All you have to do is..... just do JUDDD. Live your life. Relax. Enjoy. Eat well. Respect your calorie numbers and your calorie ceilings, and let JUDDD do the rest. Oh! And save up some money out of each paycheck, 'cause you're going to have to be buying all new clothing sizes as you live your life these next few months. And, be sure to save aside some of that clothing budget for a KNOCKOUT outfit to wear at the next Thanksgiving get-together, because you're going to LOVE those pictures!!!

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 11:30 AM

Thanks! Dawn, don't be silly, you are gorgeous and your pictures are awesome. :) You too, Nancy!

I was feeling down (for a lot of reasons), then my sister's email came through "Thanksgiving" and of course, I had to click on mine hoping beyond hope I wouldn't look that bad. Ugh. I will say it's an improvement over the previous year, but that's not saying a lot.

I look forward to next year and a new ME.:aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::a prayer::aprayer::aprayer:

Kissa 11-29-2012 11:54 AM

Library girl, we are all so critical of how we look. I bet everyone else who sees the photo thinks "Oh, there's Cindy, what a great outfit she had on and she is always such fun. That smile of hers always makes my day!"

We are so much more than how we 'think' we look.

AWholeNewWorld 11-29-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16106894)
Library girl, we are all so critical of how we look. I bet everyone else who sees the photo thinks "Oh, there's Cindy, what a great outfit she had on and she is always such fun. That smile of hers always makes my day!"

:goodpost: Absolutely! I bet you were beautiful! :hugs:

JayLynn 11-29-2012 12:43 PM

I used to hate getting my picture taken because I looked too fat.

Now I hate it because I look too old. :hyst:

Can't win, huh?

Too critical of ourselves indeed. We're all beautiful, dammit! :clap:

Kissa 11-29-2012 12:45 PM

Inside AND out!:high5::high5::high5:

sterlinggirl 11-29-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16106999)

Can't win, huh?

Too critical of ourselves indeed. We're all beautiful, dammit! :clap:

I can relate to this!!

This years photos after weight loss i thought i would love those candid shot.. OH HECK NO!!!
My DH managed to catch me with my mouth open and that was the only phot of me got!!! :hyst::hyst: Well there is always Christmas ,,,, right?? lol

Flutter 11-29-2012 01:08 PM

Awww, yep, can empathize. I am really tired of avoiding the camera, too. My kids need to have pictures of them with their mom and I need to not be throwing a fit about them wanting me in the picture. More hugs LG, more hugs!

Kissa 11-29-2012 01:09 PM

Almost all candid shots of me I have my mouth open.... I wonder why? lol.

Rayne_W 11-29-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16106999)

This! I think I need a professional lighting crew for my next photo shoot...and lots of airbrushing. :p

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 01:20 PM

I always have this awful smirk, lol. I looked a good bit smaller than I did 15 lbs ago tho! I used to love my pics...when I was small. That's been a long time now, and when I do finally get to the size I want to be again, I probably WILL look too old!! Hahaha, can't win for losing!

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16106894)

Actually, Cindy, my family is THE most critical of my weight, of anyone! I have gotten nothing but gossip and whispered "oh no's!" about my weight from my family since I started gaining. Out of the seven of us, I weigh more than any one of my brothers, and my sisters are all under 130 lbs, with one being a svelte 103 lbs (and 15 years older than I am!).

Kissa 11-29-2012 01:26 PM

Well, pooh to them, they should love you for who you are. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

However, you have found JUDDD now and you are going to knock them dead soon enough.

C'Marie 11-29-2012 01:33 PM

A few years before I started losing weight with hcg I decided that I had given up and I was never going to try again to lose. And I decided I better just live my life, because it was passing me by while I was waiting to "start" it because I wouldn't really enjoy myself fat. That was when I started to travel (bought lots less "things" even some so-called necessities) because I wanted memories, not stuff. Well, with travel comes pictures, and in all my pictures I look just awful, but dangit, that was me, and that's just the way it was.

Prior to that, I hardly have any pictures of me. I was always the one taking the picture so I wouldn't be in it, and if I was forced to be in the pictures I would completely hide behind someone else and have only my head showing. The last pictures I have of myself in Disneyland are at my all-time high, and I didn't try to hide behind anyone else. I can't wait to go back and get NEW pictures in DLand with 100 pounds off! My first couple of trips to Hawaii I was so large, they are my "before" pictures. My last couple of trips I have excellent Hawaii pictures. You'll get there! But live your life in the meantime!

Flutter 11-29-2012 01:37 PM

C'Marie, your post just makes me smile. Big. You sound like an absolutely JOY to be around! (and I bet you look FABULOUS to boot!!!)

LG, I'm with Kissa, pooh on them is right. Sometimes, I truly don't understand people. Why can't everyone just support one another? Grrrrrrrrr

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16106832)
Thanks! Dawn, don't be silly, you are gorgeous and your pictures are awesome. :) You too, Nancy!

I was feeling down (for a lot of reasons), then my sister's email came through "Thanksgiving" and of course, I had to click on mine hoping beyond hope I wouldn't look that bad. Ugh. I will say it's an improvement over the previous year, but that's not saying a lot.

I look forward to next year and a new ME.:aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::aprayer::a prayer::aprayer::aprayer:

I meant to say PAT!! I don't know why I want to call you Nancy, Pat. I'm so sorry!!:hugs:

Kissa 11-29-2012 01:39 PM

Wow, Marie, I haven't looked at your before and after shots before. What a transformation, you have done an amazing job. Congratulations and total respect.

Librarygirl 11-29-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'Marie (Post 16107121)
A few years before I started losing weight with hcg I decided that I had given up and I was never going to try again to lose. And I decided I better just live my life, because it was passing me by while I was waiting to "start" it because I wouldn't really enjoy myself fat. That was when I started to travel (bought lots less "things" even some so-called necessities) because I wanted memories, not stuff. Well, with travel comes pictures, and in all my pictures I look just awful, but dangit, that was me, and that's just the way it was.

Prior to that, I hardly have any pictures of me. I was always the one taking the picture so I wouldn't be in it, and if I was forced to be in the pictures I would completely hide behind someone else and have only my head showing. The last pictures I have of myself in Disneyland are at my all-time high, and I didn't try to hide behind anyone else. I can't wait to go back and get NEW pictures in DLand with 100 pounds off! My first couple of trips to Hawaii I was so large, they are my "before" pictures. My last couple of trips I have excellent Hawaii pictures. You'll get there! But live your life in the meantime!

:goodpost::goodpost: Great attitude and congratulations on your amazing loss!

I don't want to sound so egotistical and caught up in my image...I do not mean to belittle anyone because of the way someone "looks". Let's face it, though, NONE of us would be here if we didn't care about how we look.:hugs:

Kissa 11-29-2012 01:42 PM

And rightly so. I always loved the quotation, 'Vanity is a form of self respect.'

DesertGurl 11-29-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 16106814)
Well, I'll tell you what. First, I'm sorry, and I really sympathize. Second, next Thanksgiving can be a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY when it comes to all the Holiday pictures, and what you feel about how you look in them.

All you have to do is..... just do JUDDD. Live your life. Relax. Enjoy. Eat well. Respect your calorie numbers and your calorie ceilings, and let JUDDD do the rest. Oh! And save up some money out of each paycheck, 'cause you're going to have to be buying all new clothing sizes as you live your life these next few months. And, be sure to save aside some of that clothing budget for a KNOCKOUT outfit to wear at the next Thanksgiving get-together, because you're going to LOVE those pictures!!!

Love this!

While I don't love pictures right now I do sit through them only because for one thing, I am truly embracing what I look like right now and learning to love "this" person. Finding out that I actually REALLY like her!! ;) .... also, I don't want to leave my kids without recording anything from our life, it feels like cheating them out of memories. I just keep thinking now that next year will be very different and will hopefully like what I see!

Hang in there, Library Girl, I know it's not fun, but I bet you were beautiful! :heart:

JayLynn 11-29-2012 02:12 PM

Well of course I care how I look. But finally losing 70 lbs (another 60 to go) is because of my health. While I always want to look my best, its far more important to me to feel good and be healthy. That is what has kept me peeling off the pounds. And as far as what others think, thank goodness I don't care that much anymore. I used to be such an introvert and literally hide worrying about what others thought. Then I realized that what I think of myself is really what matters most.

ravenrose 11-30-2012 09:55 AM

Bless photographs. Embrace them. That is how we look! It's just denial to think we look the way we pose ourselves in front of the mirror. We almost never look like that to anyone else. *sigh*

Librarygirl 11-30-2012 01:41 PM

I know Raven...I can accept my flaws that I cannot change, like the shape of my face, or my height, but the flaws that I can change, like being grossly overweight, is what is shameful to me and so obvious in photos. At least it is motivating me to do something about it, instead of just avoiding looking at pics, or shoving them into the back of a drawer, lol. :)

marlamp10 11-30-2012 01:41 PM

I despise pictures of myself. Nine times out of ten I look like Jabba the Hut. But I now regret how many pictures I've stayed out of in my adult life while taking pictures of the rest of the family.

I also notice that most still pictures don't really reflect what people see us as in real life. They catch a static image of a particular split second, and what we see as ugly in that static frame is often not at all what people notice in the living, breathing person. I've even had one person look at a candid photo of me and tell me that it doesn't look like how she sees me at all.

On the other hand, skinny people don't like the way their voices sound in recordings. Everybody has something...

Rayne_W 11-30-2012 02:13 PM

Yesterday, I swear I saw a post in this thread (now deleted) that said something to the effect that skinny people don't hate the way they look. Something like that. Maybe I'm imagining things.

At any rate, I was one who did. Vehemently.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but in my case I think my aversion to being photographed has everything to do with self-esteem (or lack thereof), and my size -- large or small -- really hasn't been the true source when it has tanked.

Just my 2 cents.

LoCarbGal 11-30-2012 02:24 PM

Yes, I HATE pictures of me. I avoid being snapped and have gotten quite good at it. It just drives home how bad it is. We all have a pretty good idea what we look like, but seeing it is such a blow. Maybe we SHOULD see those pictures as it can really motivate us to keep on losing.

Yam-Yam 11-30-2012 03:09 PM

You JUDDERS are all so GREAT! I loved reading all of these posts. It's amazing how we all relate to one another.

Off topic just a wee bit... I have found it surely makes a difference what I'm wearing. I had this darling pair of white Capris I bought at Chico's. As I lost weight, they got baggier but I kept wearing them because I thought they were so cute with the gold bling on the back pockets.

Oh my. At my grand daughter's graduation I saw a picture of me wearing them and those baggy white pants made me look like I have huge hips (and kind of like someone wearing a big diaper under her pants!) Needless to say I gave them away immediately after seeing that picture.

Also, I told myself I would never wear a horizontally striped shirt. But, I got this lime green tee-shirt in a size medium on a clearance rack. It was so cute! (hanging on the rack, I guess. lol. )

I wore it in a picture with my two sisters when we were in So. Cal. in August. Good Lord! Those horizontal light and dark green stripes around my middle made me look like I have rolls and rolls of unending muffin top! Another picture taken the next day when I was wearing a solid colored v-neck top makes me look about 40 pounds thinner! I'm NOT kidding!

I'm trying to be a bit more careful about my wardrobe choices now...:hyst::p:eek:

Librarygirl 11-30-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Oh my. At my grand daughter's graduation I saw a picture of me wearing them and those baggy white pants made me look like I have huge hips (and kind of like someone wearing a big diaper under her pants!) Needless to say I gave them away immediately after seeing that picture.
This!!!! You made me LOL!!!!:hyst::hyst: I have this asymetrical hem blouse that I thought was so gorgeous, and I did get lots of compliments on it. I wore it a lot, haha! Happened to see it on me a pic...NOT a good look!! :D I think wardrobe choices are definitely something to consider! Now I need a fashion consultant on top of everything else!:hyst: