Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
21 Weeks on JUDDD -- Turkey Day Damage

Today I weighed in at 258 lbs for a gain of 1 lb this week, a total loss of 32 lbs, 28 lbs of which were lost with JUDDD at a rate of 1.3 lbs a week.

So, eleventybillion calories later combined with TOM and my still-looming book deadline and I bounced up a pound. I'm totally chill about it. Oh, sure, that weekly rate number doesn't look impressive, and I'll be working on it harder this week, but you have to understand just how much I've abused JUDDD this month and how well it's served me anyway. I kept my rotations, but every up day was a wild and woolly one!

And because of it, JUDDD was so easy, so painless, so pleasant this Thanksgiving that I'm having trouble even coming up with a downside, but I'll stretch a bit here.

For those considering trying JUDDD here are the weekly upsides and downsides.

Downsides

Still No Clue About When to Stop. JUDDD has done a marvelous job in helping me to control hunger. In that respect, it really does seem to have some healing properties. I know when I'm really hungry now and when I can wait. I listen to my body pretty closely. There have even been up days when I haven't felt like eating until dinner, so I don't. But when it comes to that thing that tells people when to stop eating because they're getting full, I don't have it. I never have had it. Only on phentermine and fenflouromine did I ever get an early heads up warning. Which means when I don't count calories--like on Thanksgiving Day--I still have to roll away from the table, utterly stuffed!

Upsides

Magic. So everybody who has ever done low carb knows there's a caloric advantage. Maybe about 300 calories worth. I begin to think there's one on JUDDD, too, because if it was strictly calorie in, calorie out, I should have gained like ten pounds this week even keeping to my rotations, which I did. Between the stuffing, pecan pie, and all the leftovers, trust me when I say the numbers just don't add up!

Relaxed Holiday. No stress. No guilt. Total enjoyment. I abused it. I tried all the pies, drank all the sugary sodas, loaded up my roll with butter and went back for seconds. Then I went right back into rotations the next day. Ate leftovers every other day. And my mom wanted us to take so much more food home, but we knew that some of it just wouldn't last for as long as it would take us to eat it. New problem! Just the kind of problem I always wanted to have

So thankful for finding this WOE and the wonderful support and friendship of my JUDDD BUDDDs!!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post

And my mom wanted us to take so much more food home, but we knew that some of it just wouldn't last for as long as it would take us to eat it. New problem! Just the kind of problem I always wanted to have

So thankful for finding this WOE and the wonderful support and friendship of my JUDDD BUDDDs!!
This! So true! When you can eat what you want, but every OTHER day, I'm always worried something yummy will get fuzzy before the 3rd (i.e. 6th) day passes and I can still have some.

I really try not to eat fuzzy things

Well done Steph, as usual. I ate everything at my thanksgiving too-- though I couldn't help making my (real! for the first time in 8+yrs!) sweet potatoes, I did use brown sugar twin old habits die hard.

Hope the deadline stress passes soon!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Love your updates! Agree about the magic
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AWholeNewWorld
I love the updates as well! I have only been on JUDDD for two full weeks now but the detailed insight of someone farther down the path is very helpful!! I bet next week that pound will be gone and take a friend or two with it!!!!
AWholeNewWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I am brand new to JUDD, and I've gone back and started reading all your updates. I agree with everyone else, it's wonderful to hear your insights as a newbie! Really appreciate you taking the time to write down your experiences in such detail.
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Great job (yes I know you gained a pound, but in years past, I'm willing to bet it might have been more). AND TOM usually brings along a little baggage, so that pound might well be related to that and not your eating.

Next week, I'm sure that one will be gone and take some friends with him.

And the benefits of being able to enjoy a family meal celebration without guilt or special foods is priceless.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Nice update Steph. I am with you completely on this point-

But when it comes to that thing that tells people when to stop eating because they're getting full, I don't have it. I never have had it.

I always wondered if there was anyone else out there in the world like me, and now I have found her.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, I did too and the crust on the pies was to die for!

Last edited by sungoddess; 11-29-2012 at 08:24 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I love reading that you are still on your journey ,, you have come so far from those first posts, i went back to read how "green" i was in the beginning.. so full of doubt and hope all in the same breath.. I love how you have come to embrace this plan and you stuck with it and found it to be a sucess.. JUST LIKE your writing abilitys~ Best of luck and many more reports to come im sure.. love love reading how this has worked for you~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Great update! You are in a whole new decade since I read your last update a few weeks ago. Awesome! Congratulations!

I'm so with you on being able to enjoy a holiday like Thanksgiving. I enjoyed it to the hilt, stuffing and all. The best part of it all is no guilt. We can get back to rotations and all will be well.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Holy Moly! 21 weeks!?! Where has the time gone? Luckily along with the fleeting time went a bunch of pounds for the both of us. It seems like yesterday I was strongly encouraging you to give it just 4 weeks... 4 weeks... I'm so glad you did. I'm not the tiniest bit surprised that you have to dig a bit deeper with each week to find the "downsides". Personally, I'm left with only 2 and they're weak ones (DD shivers and shrinking out of my new clothes!)
Great update as always!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote