Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
DD Help

Would someone give me a sample of a high fat/low cal DD menu? I know there has to be some way to fight this hunger on DD's that have kept me from staying under 500 calories for two weeks! The little mini meals have been better (for me) than today's experiment with potatoes, but still largely unsatisfying. I just can't fathom how some of you go completely without eating, or eating so little on DD's.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have always found that HB eggs keep me full. Broth with gluc also. Not really high fat but then I don't rteally do well on real high fat so can't really help there.
Believe it or not , oat bran really fills me up too. 1/4 cup cooked in one cup of water is 120 calories and sometimes that will be my lunch and then I don't eat dinner.
I go in spells.
This was my DD menu for a LONG time
B - coffee with 1 T HWC, 1 egg + 2 egg whites scrambled, 1 T SF marmalade (180)
L - HB egg (75)
D - HB egg (75)
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I hope I'm not wrong here (I spend too much time away from this forum sometimes so lose track of what's going on, but...) it looks like you've only just started on JUDDD recently.

Lots of us have trouble in the early weeks. Many, many, many of us fail to hold to 500 Down Day calories or fewer... I was one of them. I just was so hungry all the time on DDs. I could have easily eaten my allotted calories in the first meal of the morning, and more too, and then where did I go from there?

It often takes several weeks for the connection between brain signaling and stomach signaling to get into this new cycle of eating. So instead of having learned to signal hunger around our noontime lunchbreak, for example, our body has to learn to not signal much on DDs and to allow for regular appetite on UDs. But eventually it relearns the cycle of how we're going to be eating, and so we don't get goaded with hunger so much on DDs.
So that's one thing. And you just have to sort of wait it out.

Another thing is, it often takes a bit of experimenting with what to eat and how to eat it and when to eat it, with the final result of controlling any DD hunger the best. And this seems to be something that differs among us. Some of us need a plate piled high with food to feel full after a meal, but that means that plateful of food is going to have to be tons of low calorie veggies if it's a DD. I have often make a stir-fry with broccoli, lots of chunks of green and colored pepper, some sliced carrot and sliced onion, and lots of sliced fresh mushrooms. I can make a big skillet full of this stirfry and top it with my low calorie General Tso sweet and spicy hot sauce, and be full for a long time. Well satisfied. Others aren't satisfied with just veggies for a meal. Their hunger comes back too quickly.

The best for me was my plan of eating little 30-cal mini-meals every hour from rising to bedtime. I'll have to see how this potato thing goes.... LOL

I never stuck to 500 calories on DDs when I started. I tried, but I failed most of the time. But, you know what? It didn't matter. 700 calories worked almost as well. Even 800 calories occasionally worked. So many of us start out a bit higher and then work down to the lesser calorie numbers as the weeks go by.

The big thing is to just not give up, not give in, not stop trying. Every Down Day that you don't eat BIG will put you ahead, so keep trying.

Sooner or later, the SIRTs will build up and that'll help you too. And you'll get used to it, so not feel much hunger or appetite as now. And you'll be eating happily enough on Down Days, and feasting on Up Days, and slimming down while you're enjoying the fabulous foods that are available to you from all over the world.

Hang in there. I wish you nothing but success. It's so, so, so, so, so very worth it!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I hope I'm not wrong here (I spend too much time away from this forum sometimes so lose track of what's going on, but...) it looks like you've only just started on JUDDD recently.

Lots of us have trouble in the early weeks. Many, many, many of us fail to hold to 500 Down Day calories or fewer... I was one of them. I just was so hungry all the time on DDs. I could have easily eaten my allotted calories in the first meal of the morning, and more too, and then where did I go from there?

It often takes several weeks for the connection between brain signaling and stomach signaling to get into this new cycle of eating. So instead of having learned to signal hunger around our noontime lunchbreak, for example, our body has to learn to not signal much on DDs and to allow for regular appetite on UDs. But eventually it relearns the cycle of how we're going to be eating, and so we don't get goaded with hunger so much on DDs.

Another thing is, it often takes a bit of experimenting with what to eat and how to eat it and when to eat it, with the final result of controlling any DD hunger the best. And this seems to be something that differs among us. Some of us need a plate piled high with food to feel full after a meal, but that means that plateful of food is going to have to be tons of low calorie veggies if it's a DD. I have often make a stir-fry with broccoli, lots of chunks of green and colored pepper, some sliced carrot and sliced onion, and lots of sliced fresh mushrooms. I can make a big skillet full of this stirfry and top it with my low calorie General Tso sweet and spicy hot sauce, and be full for a long time. Well satisfied. Others aren't satisfied with just veggies for a meal. Their hunger comes back too quickly.

The best for me was my plan of eating little 30-cal mini-meals every hour from rising to bedtime. I'll have to see how this potato thing goes.... LOL

I never stuck to 500 calories on DDs when I started. I tried, but I failed most of the time. But, you know what? It didn't matter. 700 calories worked almost as well. Even 800 calories occasionally worked. So many of us start out a bit higher and then work down to the lesser calorie numbers as the weeks go by.

The big thing is to just not give up, not give in, not stop trying. Every Down Day that you don't eat BIG will put you ahead, so keep trying.

Sooner or later, the SIRTs will build up and that'll help you too. And you'll get used to it, so not feel much hunger or appetite as now. And you'll be eating happily enough on Down Days, and feasting on Up Days, and slimming down while you're enjoying the fabulous foods that are available to you from all over the world.

Hang in there. I wish you nothing but success. It's so, so, so, so, so very worth it!!!
thanks so much for this post!! i am only on my third DD ever and having a very hard time staying under my DD calories. i just want to eat eat eat. i've been doing 600-800 DD as a result .... to be at 30 percent im supposed to have around 400 or so.

i've even gone up to 2000 calories on UD when i'm supposed to be around 1400. lol.

but the good news is, i haven't gained at all.

but i love your post and its encouraging to know that the beginning DD calories could be a little higher til our bodies get used to it. thanks
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Ladies. It IS hard to remember that most of you have been doing JUDDD for a while now. I guess I'm comparing myself to some of the newbies who seem to be able to do without so easily. I hope that I am able to adapt with time. Certainly, I never thought I'd be eating so few calories a day, EVER, and I've managed 8 DD's so far. Not perfect DD's but DD's nonetheless. I'm going to keep experimenting...maybe even bullet-proof coffee next DD to start.

I think I might buy some more of the lower calorie Gwaltney bacon, which I stopped buying when LCing, lol. The bacon I have now is 80 cals a slice! With the low-cal bacon, I could have 2 pcs, 2 eggs and coffee w/cream for a very satisfying brekky. I need to start cooking in the morning too, which is *not* in my habit now.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-27-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

A good thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to be perfect NOW! You are going to have to manage your weight for the rest of your life. Some people don't have that problem. They just eat. They eat until they're full, and whenever they want, and whatever they want, and as much as they want, and they remain slender.

People who have a problem with overweight, which is most of us who had the need to find this place, will never be able to eat that way, even in maintenance. We're not built that way.

So.

If we have to manage our weight for the rest of our lives, lets find a wonderful way to do it. A way that makes us feel healthy and happy and filled with vitality and energy. And that lets us enjoy the celebrations and festivals and Holidays and feasts that abound in life when we're social with others, friends and family.

And it's all possible to do, to master the art of eating well for weight management. And there's really no reason to feel any pressure to get it absolutely right immediately. It'll come. You might just need to experiment a bit at the beginning to find out what works the best for you, how you enjoy eating on DDs to manage appetite while reaping the many, many rewards of calorie restriction. And I'm talking about all of the benefits to your complete health that go beyond mere weight loss.

Get it right, and you will eat well forever of any foods you want. It's worth working toward.
Good luck to us all!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
YEP! It took me weeks before I could do a 400 cal DD. I still do high DD's sometimes (600-700) and I've been JUDDDing for months. At least give it a couple of weeks, they get WAY easier after that, trust us! Also, I go for big salads for filling factor, tuna, eggs, and got in the 'potato' spirit last night with all the other JUDDBUDDS. They were very filling, 300g for 280 cal
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Thank you for this! I'm new at this too and still learning about this new amazing JUDDD!

Quote:

JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:

Pat you have so much wisdom and have such a great way of sharing it. What brand of low calorie General Tso sweet and spicy hot sauce do you use? I am one who would be totally satisfied with a big plate of veggies and the sauce would be the icing on the cake for me. I guess thats why I love the cabbage dish, its alot of bulk and I feel satisfied after eating it. I tried the potato day and the cabbage still is more satisfying for me. I will have to see if I can drop after today and then maybe my dd's will be more spuds.

weight 257/235/130
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Pat you have so much wisdom and have such a great way of sharing it. What brand of low calorie General Tso sweet and spicy hot sauce do you use? I am one who would be totally satisfied with a big plate of veggies and the sauce would be the icing on the cake for me. I guess thats why I love the cabbage dish, its alot of bulk and I feel satisfied after eating it. I tried the potato day and the cabbage still is more satisfying for me. I will have to see if I can drop after today and then maybe my dd's will be more spuds.
I make General Tso's sauce from scratch, and it's really easy. Spicy and sweet and as HOT as you want it to be. I posted a recipe for it in the recipe sticky. I'll look it up (hopefully I'll remember) and post it again. If you like Asian foods with tangy/sweet/spicy, etc. sauces, you'll like this one. Very low calorie. And you can make it into a sweet tangy spicy orange sauce for Asian dishes too, if you want Orange Chicken or something like that.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Pat, so good to see you here again, was wondering how you're doing. Miss your selfless and thoughtful posts, but do understand life gets busy. . . definately gonna look up your Gen Tso's sauce recipe, sounds yum!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Down Days recipes ONLY

Here is link to Pat's sauce. Post #12
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Library, great thoughts so far, particularly about eating more if you're hungry at first.
Like Adi, I find it changes a lot over time. Lots of volume, low volume but high protein, high fat, .... It's amazing to watch it shift.
At this point I love a cup or two of broth over the day (I'm making Nancy's bone broth) and a tablespoon of peanut butter and/or cream cheese during the afternoon.
If you'd told me - even two months ago - that this might satisfy me on a DD, I'd have laughed and then screamed.
These are early days. The feeling that you'll go flying off a cliff into a big apple pie and fat pants forever if you don't find the right DD combo (sorry, that was me - ) goes away.
Let us know how our experimenting goes. We're cheering for you.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Everything Pat said.

Everything Pat ever says.

Sirtuin proteins build up according to your unique metabolism. For some of us at first the build up is slow because they burn themselves out doing a massive internal clean up and some serious healing (I believe this one is Pat's too and I truly believe it). It takes time, but all the way good things are happening.

At some point - the SIRTs take over. My first four weeks were not horrible, but I did have several DDs that were barely under 900 cals. I lost a pound a week, did a lot of experimenting with what it took to quiesce my hunger, and waited. Frankly, after being stalled for over two months on low-cal LC, I was glad to see a pound a week.

Then, on Wednesday of week four, the SIRTs got their act together and everything changed. Sometime that morning, I realized I really did feel different: better, more energy, less interest in eating. DDs got easier from that day (oh, there were and are still some super-hungry DDs...but not many). And my weight loss doubled to a slow but steady two pounds a week. (Not super-fast, but we only move forward by taking many steps one at a time...I arrived)

I found sometimes what seems like starvation is thirst. My water bottle is my constant companion and I believe I am better for it. Sometimes all it takes is literally one bite of protein (I keep baked chicken on hand and nibble away one swallow at a time) or 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon of PB or butter. I have watched TV with a bag of baby spinach leaves - eating them like chips one at at time. I still remember how 11 leaves, one at a time, abruptly ended what seemed like terminal hunger.

Bone broth - or even store-bought broth - rocks.

Bulletproof bone broth (heat 1 cup with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of butter, ditto CO, and ditto HWC, a pinch of ginger or other seasoning, and water added for volume) is under 100 calories and tastes deeevine. Dissolve in some gluc and it is a silky, filling treat.

Experiment!!!!!! These are early days for you! It really does get better.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-28-2012 at 03:16 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

This is so encouraging! Such wisdom from my JUDDD buds. It begs the question for me though, and this is something I went to sleep thinking about (and woke up thinking about)...How do you eat (and feel hungry enough) on UD's, if your appetite truly does go away? It's hard to believe that our bodies do really get used to alternate fasting days...seems if you are able to shift into not needing more than 300-500 cals a day (and less!), then alternate *eating* days would become extremely difficult. Once again, duh, I guess I need to read the book!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I stalled my weight loss twice by not eating enough on UDs! And I lost all of the NSVs that speak to healing before I realized what was happening.

Some of us have NO problem eating all of our UD calories. Some of us have to make a point of eating more. Since DH joined me, it has become easier: we plan more elaborate dinners - or eat out and order an appetizer - on UDs. Also, I add more fat (HWC, butter, cheese, etc) to whatever I eat/drink on UD. The DD/UD eating has become a pattern my body expects.

All of us have to remember even though we only 'diet' 50% of the time, UD deserves serious attention and is just as important as DD to making JUDDD work.

This even applies to those who can currently eat whatever, whenever on UD and lose. That may be true forever for you. Or, at some point you may need to start counting UD calories.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-28-2012 at 04:18 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I love the Blue Diamond Habanero bbq almonds-I serving (28 nuts) has 170 calories and 15 grams of fat. One serving is pretty filling and it takes care of cravings for something salty and crunchy Hard boiled eggs are another good one.

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-28-2012 at 04:23 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #18

Lots of us have been *dieting* off and on for YEARS, and that in itself has left many of us with appetites that are smaller than normal. Think of some of our low carber friends who have little appetite on daily calorie levels of 900, 1000, 1100 calories. So for some, it's a point they focus on to try to eat a bit more on their UDs, to approach a little closer their UD number. (For a few folks/some that UD calorie number may indeed be set too high, especially if it was figured and set on quite a bit of excess body fat, so for those of us, we can lower our UD number several hundred calories and do just fine.) Some people are so used to eating low calorie every day, that approaching their given UD number is indeed a bit of a struggle. (I'm definitely not one of those!)

It's not that this cycling way of eating diminishes all appetite particularly... it's that your body/brain sets up a new appetite signaling schedule. It's like it simply gets in the habit of not signaling very much appetite on every other cycle of circadian rhythm. I can't quite figure out how that happens either. Kinda' strange, but it happens that way. The more Down Days you complete successfully, the more solidly your brain seems to become in not signaling a lot of hunger on DDs. But it works just fine to work yourself down to the really low DD calories.

Now part of that may be because we feed our bodies quite well on our Up Days, and our system comes to trust that UDs will bring the nourishment that is needed to refill and build and power up once again. I do know that the JUDDD Calorie Calculator gives us UD numbers that are *on the high side* when compared to many other calorie calculators. In other words, we are actually allowed to overeat on our UDs, but that's because, even in maintenance when we don't have to hold to as low DD calories, our DDs are still low-er. We still keep the Up/Down cycle going. So even when we've reached goal, we are eating higher-than-true-maintenance-calories and then alternating that with lower-than-true-maintenance-calories. It seems to work.

But appetite? You don't seem to wake up ravenous on Up Days after the DD fasting, but you do enjoy a healthy appetite for full and delicious and wonderful meals. And it's important to eat well on UDs because you are, basically, taking in the nourishment for both days, mostly, in that one single day! Don't short change your body. Eat well on your UDs! Just don't overeat. And work to do good DDs too, and eventually, it all comes together and then you have the most delightful way to manage your weight for the rest of your life!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
I have found pure protein DD very very good!
So breakfast would be just a coffee, nothing else (10 calories)
Lunch : 3 oz chicken/tuna/fish (150 cals) w/ some mustard and veggies (30 cals)
Snack: Greek yogurt with sweetener (100 calories)
Dinner: Same as Lunch (180 calories)

Approx 500 calories and I find helps with cravings/hunger

Lots of water/tea/coffee help as well!! and keep busy !
They get easier as you become more accustomed to the empty feeling!

Last edited by angie1; 11-28-2012 at 08:16 AM..
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
For my first down days the volume was the important factor. I got bags of cole slaw mix and a package of taco-seasoned lean ground turkey. I sort of steamed the cabbage mix in a big fry pan with a bit of water and the lid on. When it was cooked down I added in my already cooked turkey (4 ounces before cooking) and when that was heated through I added a dab of salsa. The cabbage package is only 100 calories, and the turkey is approx 170 for 4 ounces (Jennie-O), the salsa is about 20 cals. Some add non-fat cheese to it.

I put this on small plates, and ate with a dessert fork, so it took me a long time to eat the entire thing. I could easily dibble this out all day, but I like to eat within a time period. And I still had 200 cals to spare.

I also treated myself to a set of very pretty small plates and try to remember to make an experience of eating by taking the time to use the pretty plates, cute dessert forks, and set out a nice magazine or book at my spot at the table, so I take my time eating. They say it takes 20 minutes to begin to feel fool, so whatever I'm eating I try to make it last 20 minutes -- by taking little nibbles if it's a single piece of Baby Bel cheese, for instance.

Like others here water is a big factor. I've noticed if I feel hungry if I just have a glass of water and distract myself for a few minutes, the hunger feeling goes away.

It will happen for you LibraryGirl. Hang in there. I now wait til 2 to eat, have my first 200 or 300 cal meal, and am not hungry later when I can have my second light meal. It's amazing.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you lost a good bit since August Zib? I like the turkey/cabbage idea a lot!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zib View Post
They say it takes 20 minutes to begin to feel fool...
Oh, I can go from zero to fool in 4.3 seconds easy! Gotta love auto-correct. Made me laugh....
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #23

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
This is so encouraging! Such wisdom from my JUDDD buds. It begs the question for me though, and this is something I went to sleep thinking about (and woke up thinking about)...How do you eat (and feel hungry enough) on UD's, if your appetite truly does go away? It's hard to believe that our bodies do really get used to alternate fasting days...seems if you are able to shift into not needing more than 300-500 cals a day (and less!), then alternate *eating* days would become extremely difficult. Once again, duh, I guess I need to read the book!!!
I actually find it's quite effortless now. I've been JUDDDing since late January, so coming up on a year. But what I find now (and it has been going on for several months already) is that I wake up on a DD and I'm not hungry. My pattern for DDs is I delay eating as long as I can, usually into the late afternoon, and then have enough calories to have a moderate meal. Works for me because once I start to eat I am hungrier.

But here's the weird thing--on UDs I wake up and I am ravenous. I want breakfast right away. I never want breakfast on DDs. I think my body just knows what day it is--after so many rotations it just caught on.

Now I don't switch my rotations at all so that may have an effect. But I think it's just been trained over the months to know what to expect, and it's thinking, "no point in making her hungry...it's a DD and she's not going to eat anyway."

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I actually find it's quite effortless now. I've been JUDDDing since late January, so coming up on a year. But what I find now (and it has been going on for several months already) is that I wake up on a DD and I'm not hungry. My pattern for DDs is I delay eating as long as I can, usually into the late afternoon, and then have enough calories to have a moderate meal. Works for me because once I start to eat I am hungrier.

But here's the weird thing--on UDs I wake up and I am ravenous. I want breakfast right away. I never want breakfast on DDs. I think my body just knows what day it is--after so many rotations it just caught on.

Now I don't switch my rotations at all so that may have an effect. But I think it's just been trained over the months to know what to expect, and it's thinking, "no point in making her hungry...it's a DD and she's not going to eat anyway."
This is funny.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh, I can go from zero to fool in 4.3 seconds easy! Gotta love auto-correct. Made me laugh....
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #26

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Library girl - I find that what I am about to state is not the norm here. I don't start posts often and just read and comment sometimes. I have ALWAYS struggled with DD's. Some of them are easier than others, but I have had only a handful of effortless, not feeling like I could eat my DESK, DD's. I have never eaten less than 500 calories on a DD and most are around 700 - 800 calories. I have been on JUDDD for 7 months now. That being said, I have lost 20 pounds and am 2 pounds from original goal. There was a time when my weight loss slowed and I tried lowering my DD calories and my losses actually stalled. Now I don't fret it. I have just come to realize that my DD's are going to have to be more than most peoples here. It seems to be working for me. I will never be one to say, my DD's are so much easier than my UD's. Honestly, I have no problems getting in calories, if anything, I am a MASTER at it!

Not sure if that will help you or not. I swear by JUDDD I am down 20 pounds and my husband lost 40 in less than 3 months. He is happily maintaining by just having 2 dd's a week and his DD's aren't near as low as mine (which as I pointed out, aren't low in comparison to others).

Figure out what works best for you and stick with that plan. JUDDD is a lifesaver for me. I can't imagine choosing to eat any other way!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:

Listen to Pat. She is a wise, wise woman.

In many ways, JUDDD is like exercise. The first time you try to run, you think it's going to kill you. But the strength and endurance build up as your body heals.

I was a miserable human being in my early days of JUDDDing. Gluc powder and shirataki noodles were my only salvation, and even then I was hungry as a bear. I didn't even realize until this thread that I haven't needed Gluc powder in ages. Broth and tea--which I used to laugh off because they did nothing for me--now actually help with the hungries.

If you're new to JUDDD, it's just going to be really hard for a little while. But think of it as investing in your future. This suffering is a small down payment to a happier time to come. Look around these boards. Most people who stick with this diet come to LOVE it as long as they're seeing results.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have always found that HB eggs keep me full. Broth with gluc also.
I have to say Hard boiled eggs are a good one. I usually turn them into deviled eggs with reduced fat mayo to give them extra staying power.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #29

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post

Listen to Pat. She is a wise, wise woman.

In many ways, JUDDD is like exercise. The first time you try to run, you think it's going to kill you. But the strength and endurance build up as your body heals.

I was a miserable human being in my early days of JUDDDing. Gluc powder and shirataki noodles were my only salvation, and even then I was hungry as a bear. I didn't even realize until this thread that I haven't needed Gluc powder in ages. Broth and tea--which I used to laugh off because they did nothing for me--now actually help with the hungries.

If you're new to JUDDD, it's just going to be really hard for a little while. But think of it as investing in your future. This suffering is a small down payment to a happier time to come. Look around these boards. Most people who stick with this diet come to LOVE it as long as they're seeing results.
It is a matter of training. The DDs will get easier with time, they almost always do.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Library girl - I find that what I am about to state is not the norm here. I don't start posts often and just read and comment sometimes. I have ALWAYS struggled with DD's. Some of them are easier than others, but I have had only a handful of effortless, not feeling like I could eat my DESK, DD's. I have never eaten less than 500 calories on a DD and most are around 700 - 800 calories. I have been on JUDDD for 7 months now. That being said, I have lost 20 pounds and am 2 pounds from original goal. There was a time when my weight loss slowed and I tried lowering my DD calories and my losses actually stalled. Now I don't fret it. I have just come to realize that my DD's are going to have to be more than most peoples here. It seems to be working for me. I will never be one to say, my DD's are so much easier than my UD's. Honestly, I have no problems getting in calories, if anything, I am a MASTER at it!

Not sure if that will help you or not. I swear by JUDDD I am down 20 pounds and my husband lost 40 in less than 3 months. He is happily maintaining by just having 2 dd's a week and his DD's aren't near as low as mine (which as I pointed out, aren't low in comparison to others).

Figure out what works best for you and stick with that plan. JUDDD is a lifesaver for me. I can't imagine choosing to eat any other way!

I'm so glad you posted this, Monica. Your story goes to show that plans aren't written in BLOOD. Variations can still be reasonable and workable and lead to success.

It's always a good thing to start with *The Plan* if you can, but many here can tell their own stories of not doing it perfectly, or even very well, and still seeing weight loss happen for them.

I think JUDDD is somewhat similar to the way we've been told The French Women eat and don't get fat.. a little less after you've had a higher calorie day, or getting to enjoy a more high calorie day if you've eaten carefully the previous day. Keeping it all pretty balanced over the average of each week. Imagine that!