Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
This is so encouraging! Such wisdom from my JUDDD buds. It begs the question for me though, and this is something I went to sleep thinking about (and woke up thinking about)...How do you eat (and feel hungry enough) on UD's, if your appetite truly does go away? It's hard to believe that our bodies do really get used to alternate fasting days...seems if you are able to shift into not needing more than 300-500 cals a day (and less!), then alternate *eating* days would become extremely difficult. Once again, duh, I guess I need to read the book!!!
Oh, I promise you, it does happen.

For a while, my appetite was low on up days, too. But now, five months into this, my body has totally clued into the pattern. I have totally manageable and sometimes even EASY down days followed by up days during which I can quite easily go over my limit. Especially since foods like dark chocolate, nuts, avocados, and heavy whipping cream are staples around here.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thanks again everyone, for the encouragement and for sharing. I imagine it gets old having to pat newbie's on the shoulder so often. I am already getting a little paranoid about tomorrow, my next DD. Yesterday was the worst DD yet and it probably wasn't because of the potatoes, but since they were on the menu, I'm thinking, NO SPUDS! I think I will start the day with bullet-proof coffee (with unsalted butter)...hope it helps.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #33
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh, I can go from zero to fool in 4.3 seconds easy! Gotta love auto-correct. Made me laugh....
DANG! and now it's too late to edit it. Ah, well. I guess I pity the full who misses the chance to edit.

LibraryGirl, I've lost about 9 pounds and would like to lose 6-8 more. As I've said on other posts I started this as a means to lower my cholesterol and the weight loss is a big bonus. I probably could have lost more but October was a very social month so I had a lot of MDs and UUADs, yet still maintained the weight, so was very pleased.

There's a whole thread on DD Staples and in that there is a link to this thread on the many cabbage slaw variations. Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Thank you for asking this!

And thanks to all for the honest responses. I've been baby stepping toward JUDDD. Started with 1600 cal dd, then 1200. I think I'm ready to try 800. But it is hard so far! I really needed to hear all of this. I'll keep going.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

I jumped right in, Yvonne, without ever having reduced my caloric intake to that extreme, so I guess I should be patient with myself. It's not as difficult as I made it sound...surely not at 800 anyway, and I hope to start having much easier DD's. Come on in, the water's fine!!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Thank you Ladies. It IS hard to remember that most of you have been doing JUDDD for a while now. I guess I'm comparing myself to some of the newbies who seem to be able to do without so easily. I hope that I am able to adapt with time. Certainly, I never thought I'd be eating so few calories a day, EVER, and I've managed 8 DD's so far. Not perfect DD's but DD's nonetheless. I'm going to keep experimenting...maybe even bullet-proof coffee next DD to start.
LG, I know you're not talking about me, RIGHT? I am one that has to do all or nothing. I don't seem to do grey very well. The very first down day I had I was so hungry I grabbed one of my tried and true LF cheese sticks. Needless to say, I was even more ravenous 20 minutes later and decided then and there to just fast on down days. It's far from easy, but FOR ME, it's just easier to not chew anything if possible. Liquids seem to be ok. (coffee, lots of water, lattes w/ skim milk & sugar free sweeteners in the afternoon) PLEASE don't let my low calories on down days make you feel bad. 'Cause trust me, I so envy all of you actually EATING on down days!

ETA: I've been up for 4.5 hours and already drank a POT of coffee & just finished a 20 oz bottle of sobe water. I'll be guzzling liquids all day b/c I'm starving today.

Wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the seasoned JUDDD pals over here for chiming in. This is a GREAT thread and so helpful!

Last edited by Flutter; 11-29-2012 at 07:28 AM..
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww Flutter, I *was* thinking of you! It was a compliment though, not a criticism. I can see where it might be easier to fast completely than to try and eat so few calories. What I'm afraid of is getting one of those skinny lattes and then eating too! I may go to Dunkin Donuts for a 230 cal. coffee drink at lunch...might not be the wisest thing to do, not sure.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
L girl

I can't picture it either. I'm back on JUDDD almost a week again.
My systems are again the same as last time with this woe..
Goes like this.
in the morning i m pumped about getting back down to my normal wt. which
is in the 130's.
along with the good buzz feeling in my head on dd about 10-11 am.
What crepes up on me that bothers me is the dizziness if I'm working doing any up and down motions. Like simple things. Laundry, easy gardening, tie ing my shoes. It spooks me.
So I deal with it as long as I can, then eat something, broth, something permitted on dd.
I had forgotten these side affects.
Truly I don't mind my stomach growling, I think= fat leaving my hips.
Bring IT ON! I tell myself.
I'm recuperating from a head cold so my appetite hasn't been it its warp speed.
have lots a few # already. Love JUDD.
It's almost noon here already on my dd.
I also notice and remember, when I do eat on dd my buzz is over shadowed. Pout, whine...smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome back Eieo! I really don't have the shakes or dizziness. I guess I need to tap into the DD "high"! I need to let go of the feeling that I *have* to eat or I'm going to die, lmao! That's what it is, I think.

Good news! Dunkin Donuts (DD!!!! ) Lite Caramel Latte is only 160 calories for a LG. That's going to be my lunch...will save soup for dinner!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, LG, it looks to me as if you are on top of this already. Tough it may be, but you can do it! Brilliant.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
... I imagine it gets old having to pat newbie's on the shoulder so often ...
No, actually it does not get old. Because it is, oh, so very real. And most of us know it from painful experience.

And, we love newbie's around here!!!! JUDDD is such and adventure! And adventures are most fun when shared!!!!!

Quote:
...I need to let go of the feeling that I *have* to eat or I'm going to die, lmao! That's what it is, I think. ...
YES!

YES!

YES!

I don't like to make all-encompassing, this-is-it-I-am-right statements. But, I tell you, with 100% accuracy, you are not going to die of DD hunger.

Repeat after me, "Hunger is not an emergency." Repeat Repeat Repeat (think I haven't repeated and repeated and repeated some DDs?)

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-29-2012 at 10:31 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you. I did get my large latte and was careful to ask for SF caramel, and Splenda but forgot to specify skim milk! I was at the drive-thru and of course didn't think about it for a couple of miles down the road...I cannot tell if it's skim or whole milk (or god forbid, cream).
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #43

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Thank you. I did get my large latte and was careful to ask for SF caramel, and Splenda but forgot to specify skim milk! I was at the drive-thru and of course didn't think about it for a couple of miles down the road...I cannot tell if it's skim or whole milk (or god forbid, cream).
If you ordered a *skinny* that's always skim milk, isn't it?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww LG, I didn't take it as a criticism, I knew what you meant...but I just didn't want you to compare and feel like you're doing something wrong and I'm right. I have done this zig zag rollercoaster of dieting long enough to know that there is no right or wrong. (really ugly for me in the world of black & white, I want directions! LOL!)

Ok, so I just want everyone to be happy. You're doing GREAT so be nice to yourself, ok? It sounds like the latte did help a bit? I'm sipping on mine now...got a large one around 2 and I have quite a bit left still. It truly helps me a bunch!

I don't know anything about the "skinny" drinks at places besides SB, but there, it definately means skim milk & no whip! (plus sugar free!)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

It was no whip, SF Caramel and Splenda. What I didn't specify is skim. Pat, it was Dunkin Donuts and they don't have "skinny" on anything. You have to ask for it to be low calorie, although they do offer all the fixings for a low calorie drink. I've drank it, and I'm counting it as 160. Surely they knew that I wanted a skim if I was asking for all the other SF crap. Although.....not long ago I would have wanted cream along with the SF (LC).

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-29-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #46

Let us assume the best and put it down to experience. If it was good and it helped you through your DD I am sure it will be fine.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It was no whip, SF Caramel and Splenda. What I didn't specify is skim. Pat, it was Dunkin Donuts and they don't have "skinny" on anything. You have to ask for it to be low calorie, although they do offer all the fixings for a low calorie drink. I've drank it, and I'm counting it as 160. Surely they knew that I wanted a skim if I was asking for all the other SF crap. Although.....not long ago I would have wanted cream along with the SF (LC).
Don't sweat it! If it wasn't skim, oh well. No harm done! (but I bet it was anyways!)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #48

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Remember, JUDDD is very forgiving!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Its been an interesting week.

I never considered alternate day fasting before because I JUST LIKE TO EAT too much! When I found LC I thought that would be the ultimate answer. On LC I could eat as much as I wanted, within reason of course, as long as it was not carby. No bread, potatoes, cookies, candy, you know the drill.

I would do fine for awhile, then backslip a little, but in the last two years I have always at least maintained. I have to. If I don't my blood sugar, blood pressure, and all that fun stuff will go out of control. It had to become a health issue for me before I took weight loss seriously.

Over the past weeks I've been stressed over just not getting the scale to budge. Sticking to LC foods got more difficult and I knew there had to be something different to try.

What is that saying? When the student is ready the teacher will appear...or something like that. Well, thats what happened for me. I had seen the letters JUDDD here on the boards and even checked it out a little, but when I saw it was about FASTING I thought NO WAY.

Finally, I decided why not give it a chance. Especially since so many of you just ADORE it! I thought it can't be all that bad. There is so much information here, the health benefits are very impressive, and it really is doable. <<that word looks funny haha.

This past week I have dropped 3.8 lbs, ate some non LC foods, just a little though, but enjoyed the popcorn or potato tremendously, been in a much better mood, and just know I have found "The Way" for me.

Thanks to all of you for your great tips and info, encouragement and support. It keeps me coming back here and stickin' with the program!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #50

Woot, woot, woot!

Jan, please copy this into our November Newbie thread, and the wonderful Non Scale Victories thread... because it isn't about the numbers, though I am thrilled that you have lost 3.8 lbs. It is about you and the wonderful way JUDDD is already changing your life.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Will do, Cindy.

I knew when I was typing it that the post probably belonged someplace else, but wasn't sure where....thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #52

I just want as many BUDDDs as possible to be inspired by it.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I just want as many BUDDDs as possible to be inspired by it.
Anyone ever told you what a sweetie pie you are????

mmmmmmmm pie LOL.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

I have! Kissa!! Cindy