Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
The voices in my head...

So, I had a less than stellar DD yesterday. It was mostly just a power struggle in my head because calorie-wise I finished at 575, which is acceptable for me. The trouble started at 7am. Yeah, pretty early on a Monday morning to be struggling already.

My first mistake was that I left a pan of brownies on the stove from the weekend when usually any leftovers would be put out of sight out of mind. So, I (sort of) woke up at 6:45 and I was looking for a pen to sign my youngest son's agenda. I was still pretty groggy and immediately and without even thinking about it I ate about 3/4 of a brownie. My first thought was "I can't eat chocolate sugar for breakfast; what am I thinking?" Next though = holy crap this is a down day! Finally, I came to full on crazy mode...well, I've already blown this down day I should just go ahead and eat that other brownie. All this by 7am. geez.

Maybe the sugar rush hit my brain quickly...because I did wake up and I didn't eat a second brownie. But, this was the beginning of a whole day long struggle with the voices in my head. First, I checked the calories on the box and 1/20 of a box had 170 calories. After a quick count I realized I had cut this pan into 24 pieces; so it was more like 130. Hardly a day ruined there; it wasn't that big of a deal. Except that my mind wouldn't stop with the stupidity. I just knew I was going to be starving all day long because of the high carb breakfast. (I wasn't any more hungry than any other day.) I knew I had a bunch of errands to run and I wouldn't be home for lunch. "Might as well just grab McDonald's and forget about the DD" and "Heck, it's the holidays, you'll never stay on plan during Christmas anyway. Never have before and probably never will." I shut the voices up with a big diet mountain dew and 150 calorie taco from Taco Bell at about 1pm.

I was still running errands after 4pm and I ended up getting a second diet soda. But, all day long no matter what I did those stupid voices were talking crazy. It was annoying. There's a fat girl in my head. There's a skinny girl, too and she can be really mean and critical sometimes.

I ended my day with a 100 calorie soup and a couple of coconut oil peanut butter crack candy things. I woke up really hungry this morning and had a TB of peanut butter at 7am. Haven't heard much of anything from the voices today since it's an UD and peanut butter isn't really on the "bad list" in my head.

Long, silly story...but I'd love to know how ya'll shut up your inner fat girl or the mean skinny girl or whatever other voices are swimming around inside your head trying to mess up your day.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Been there, wiifit, and don't know if I can offer any advice. I am inclined to think that the critical voices just flare up from time to time and it's something we have to learn to deal with. I'd love to hear otherwise from the long-timers!

I can say that recently when I was in a similar state, I posted here pretty early in the day (but after a truckload of ice cream & some very nice chocolate pastries) and the responses I got were enough to steady me, put things in perspective and continue on my day.

I don't get to post as regularly as I'd like so am eternally grateful for the BUDDDs who regularly step in.

And I've left the most important thing til last- well done! You totally managed your day. The horrible voices may have been utter nuisances but you got on with things and put in a great DD all the same. You give me hope that next time I might stop after the ice cream, skip the pastries & come straight to my online home
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
I can totally relate to your story. It sounds like you managed the mean voices in your head pretty well

For me, some days are like that. I sometimes brew extra coffee and drink watered down coffee through the day. Also, love the small, frequent very low calorie meals, they can pack a b*tch slap when needed

What keeps me going is knowing that I can eat anything tomorrow, within my calorie limits. I often opt for the crack peanut candy because I can, and still lose weight

Good voice management, wiiifit!! You did well
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
My DDs have been great through the holiday, but I've had two UDs since Thanksgiving where I succumbed to pretty much outta control eating in the last few hours of the day.

Both times they involved Thanksgiving leftovers. Pumpkin bread, dressing, sweet potato casserole, and the half a bag of stinkin' marshmallows that went into the ambrosia salad. I didn't even think I *liked* marshmallows that much. I just crammed it in like there was no tomorrow.

I'm just chalking it up to a learning experience. No matter what, I have compulsive overeating tendencies. I have at times kept a pie in the fridge and only eaten it on UDs, but in general it's not smart for me to keep family-size portions of anything sweet in the house. Leftover "special" foods (holiday dishes) should probably not be kept around either.

It might be different if I had several kids at home who would dig into it and not leave so much for me, but I'm single and my one son at home doesn't care for leftovers that much.

I would like to say that I turned off the voices in my head and curbed it, but both nights I ate until I was miserable. All I knew was that I would still start a DD the next morning and it would be fine.

At least on my next UD tomorrow, all the holiday foods will be gone. Hoping I will be back to normal for a few weeks.

But thanks for starting this thread--I needed to air that!

"I don’t believe in optimism. I believe in optimal behavior. That's a different thing . . . Action is hope. . . . It doesn’t matter how good it is, or how bad - you did it.

--Ray Bradbury, R.I.P.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Wiii, I love your description of the day.
Years ago, that kind of day was the death knell for any healthy WOE for me. it sent me into weeks of lousy eating.

One of the best, best, best things about JUDDD is that I've had a truckload of those days in the last seven months and all it means is that tomorrow will be a DD (and that's only if my calories got up to UD levels). That's ALL it means.

As long as I don't buy into the "botched" day being a catastrophic failure or a sign that i'm a pathetic, neurotic head case, it just becomes a part of my learning on this trip.
Oh, I guess I need to put brownies away at night at this point. Oh, I guess a brownie for DD breakfast doesn't work yet.

I observe my hand putting that brownie into my mouth, I observe the ensuing drama in my head, I learn a little something from it, and I and go on.

It's like all of that stuff becomes milder and easier as you go on with JUDDD.

Hope that helps. You sound as though you're doing beautifully.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I think the voices get better (or dimmer, really) as time goes on and you start having success on this plan. At least that's how it's been for me. I've learned that one bad down day does not mean I failed, it just means it was one bad down day. Everybody messes up--what makes you a failure is if you don't get back up after you fall down.

I think you did FANTASTIC yesterday. WTG on not letting that one mistake derail your entire day or your entire plan! You deserve big giant pats on the back and tell those voices in your head to take a flying leap because you rock!!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I had a few over the top DD's in the beginning, where I either didn't plan my food or couldn't believe how many calories were really in something! I think the best way to handle this is to have a few fav morning coffees/teas ready to sit out on the kitchen counter before you retire the night before. Also, if you can have your ****** printed out so that you know that this is exactly what the day has in store, it will "nip in the bud" any surprises. Once I make the hot tea for my morning, I have focused on the plan for the day on ****** and know what is going to happen for the remainder of the day. Even as long as I have JUDDD, I still like to write/plan it out for the week what each DD will be. Keeps the surprises at a minimum!

I have no clue how I would do this just winging it. The voices would be bothering me for sure!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I figured you guys would understand as opposed to thinking I'm a nut job. lol Even though I mostly shut up and ignored the negative self talk; it really made for a frustrating day. I had to go to the "big city" and then another smaller town in a different county. There was a lot of driving time (I live in the sticks) and that made for lots of time to listen to those voices. Thankfully, though there aren't a lot of McDonalds in between the cornfields. By the time I got to civilization; I had time to talk myself into being reasonable.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I think the voices get better (or dimmer, really) as time goes on and you start having success on this plan. At least that's how it's been for me. I've learned that one bad down day does not mean I failed, it just means it was one bad down day. Everybody messes up--what makes you a failure is if you don't get back up after you fall down.

I think you did FANTASTIC yesterday. WTG on not letting that one mistake derail your entire day or your entire plan! You deserve big giant pats on the back and tell those voices in your head to take a flying leap because you rock!!
LUNA!!!! Suddenly appearing just when words of calm and loving wisdom are needed ... and providing them beautifully!!!

Wiiiifit, I have certainly heard those voices. They whisper "Why do I have to do this today?" and "I can just have a DD tomorrow to make up for it" and a thousand other sweet and enticing things. They usually show up before and after some big event (never during) or when I am feeling stressed.

I say out loud something like: "yeah, yeah, yeah, yada yada yada...no way am I gonna blow today now that YOU have showed up subconscious mind wanting to go back to the bad old days." Then I get busy and get thinking and repeat (shout) as needed...even when they go on all day.

And, as Luna says, they do seem to be getting shorter, and weaker, and less frequent. Even the subconscious can learn new tricks.

And, you handled the attack magnificently!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-27-2012 at 01:53 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

Yes, it is wonderful to see and hear from you Luna! Hope you & hubby are loving the journey!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I just want to give you some enormously HUGE hugs and tell you that YOU MADE IT TROUGH THAT!!!! You didn't binge eat through a plate or two of the brownies and just give up. You just moved forward and got on with your day. Sure you had to argue with the voices again, but you didn't do what I've done many, many times in the past...eat more and let that be an excuse to do more and more and more. I am still in the "hurray, let's try this fabulous new plan" stage, but I know this will hit me again before I know it. I hope I can handle it just as well as you did and remind myself that it's ok if I goof up.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Yes!!! I have these voices all the time. My voices say I'll never succeed at weight loss, that I'll always be fat and that I may as well give up. I still have not come in under 500 calories on a DD, but I am losing more than I ever have on any WOE. I won't be less than 500 today either, because I've already made up my mind to have something for dinner when I get home...under 200 cals...then a snack. Might be just at 500, which is working for me so far.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #13

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You did great wiiii! Yes, I've had those voices. And I've been having some really hungry and frustrating DDs lately too. I don't know if it's diet fatigue, or the fact that in the past month, I haven't been very rewarded with losses for all my hard work. You made it through this with flying colors!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

LCG, you know that since you've spoken publically regarding not getting rewarded, you're officially due for a visit from the woosh fairy
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
LCG, you know that since you've spoken publically regarding not getting rewarded, you're officially due for a visit from the woosh fairy
YESSSSS!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
YESSSSS!!!!
From your lips to the Fairy's ears!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

God speed, woosh fairy
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #18

Two pounds gone this morning, after an UD! Thanks to you guys! Oh, and JUDDD of course!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Two pounds gone this morning, after an UD! Thanks to you guys! Oh, and JUDDD of course!

Just saw that on the WI thread, SO SO SO fabulous!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #20

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Wonderful Whoosh, thank you Whoosh Fairy, JUDDD and most of all well done LCG>
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good job LCG!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote