Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
NO MORE DIET FOOD!!!

Is part of the JUDD magic not having or wanting to eat diet food? I find it such a blessing to beable to eat real food everyday and not worry about eating tasteless nasty diet food that I have consumed for years thinking that was my only way to shed weight when in reality it just made me fatter. Can anyone relate to this?
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I certainly have curtailed my use of LC foods. I had already given many of them up when I restarted Atkins in January, just because last time I was losing (10 years ago when every other product was geared toward low carb) I felt they stalled me. But now, I think about the only one I buy is Dreamfields, and I'm not really eating much of that anymore either.

On the other hand, now I'm buying low cal stuff that I wouldn't have dreamed about for years. Kind of a weird trade-off, but it's working!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Is part of the JUDD magic not having or wanting to eat diet food? I find it such a blessing to beable to eat real food everyday and not worry about eating tasteless nasty diet food that I have consumed for years thinking that was my only way to shed weight when in reality it just made me fatter. Can anyone relate to this?
Oh, yeah.

When I realized how many veggies I could nosh for less calories and more flavor/texture, and how satisfying an ounce or two of meat can be, I converted immediately. DD is veggies. UD is veggies with butter and cheese.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #4

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Anymore I mostly just eat real food on both Up and Down Days. I may choose a low fat product specifically to save a few calories on DDs only, but most of what I have on hand now is left over from earlier periods. I never did any of the low carb specialty products other than Splenda and Splenda-sweetened syrups. Most of the other stuff I thought was just plain nasty, and I've found that a lot of the low fat stuff isn't very delicious either!

Thank HEAVEN for finding JUDDD, and finding out that I don't have to eat any of that stuff in order to lose weight while enjoying any foods I want to include in my diet! These days, about the only 'low calorie' products I have in the house are ones that I genuinely like and want to include. I never did like many of the fake-y substitute products.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
PS I looked at your daily weigh in.

It looks like those sirtuin proteins are beginning to build up in your system...and hopefully finish some of the cleaning/healing they do before kicking into fat-burning mode. Changes should be coming soon!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #6

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
JUDDD has been the answer for myself and my husband. WE have children and this lifestyle doesn't have to be adjusted for anyone!!! Truly the answer to my prayers!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I do love my diet hot cocoa on DDs, but otherwise I'm staying away from 'diet' food for the most part. I am on a low sugar plan though, so I do stay away from sugars and use splenda when needed (Davinci syrup and diet soda mostly).

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-27-2012 at 07:25 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Bye bye diet food!!! I lived off artificial sweeteners and grosss low calorie foods a while ago.

Real food is the way to go!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I eat almost exclusively real food. I do still enjoy a few fat free items which I eat on both UD and DD, though only because I like them as well as the full fat options and they have fewer calories. Then I don't have to have separate UD and DD foods.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I remember a trial of eating WW meals for lunch daily several years ago. Never tried Jenny or NutriSystem, but I think that truly must be torture!

I have lost more weight on real food than I ever did eating the processed frozen stuff.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I'm really into eating natural foods...I hate the processed crap. So, yes, I can totally relate! I'm getting more and more into eating organic fruits/veggies and naturally raised meats (no hormones, grass fed, free range). I'm trying my hardest and willing to spend a little more for quality food. I do still buy low fat something or other, but, like Pat said, only if I genuinely like it. I have my own garden and keep that organic as well (as much as possible...if those darn squash bugs come back in the spring, I might have to take more drastic measures...)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Yep, another 'whole foods' advocate here. Having to get SF stuff while on Atkins was one thing...I can have them from time to time (mostly splenda or davinci's in coffee) but the aftertaste is just YUCK. I grew up with a diabetic step sister, so I pretty much lived off diet sodas for my entire life. But SF everything? Barf.

I'd rather just keep DDs to fruits & veggies and UDs to whatever I want. Plus i'm really weary of additives in food. I was on WW years ago and the foods they now sell at the meetings.... No wonder why it's easy to OD on that stuff. Yikes.

Add me as a friend! Facebook
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I almost always eat real food. The diet stuff has a weird taste to it, kind of how (to me anyway) I don't drink Diet Coke because of the funky aftertaste. Once in a while I will buy a Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine meal just because I am too tired or lazy to actually put together a meal together myself, but this is rare. I think those prepackaged meals have no flavor to them, which is why I gave a freezer full of them to my neighbor. I love the fact that if I want the real version of something (like potato chips or some other "snacky" type food) I can just measure it out in a single serving size. (I feel like I am finally getting that binge-y "gotta eat it all in one sitting" thing under control).

I love JUDDD!
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
PS I looked at your daily weigh in.

It looks like those sirtuin proteins are beginning to build up in your system...and hopefully finish some of the cleaning/healing they do before kicking into fat-burning mode. Changes should be coming soon!
Boy I hope your right. I was up again on the scale after a good UD but I am not going to worry I know this has to work at some point.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Scale bounces are common with JUDDD, the trend takes more days to establish.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Ditching the Frankenfood!

Yes, yes, yes!!!

There are some specialty products that I still keep in my pantry because they were always pretty tasty and if I can save a few carbs or calories, why not? For example, I think carba nada pasta is pretty good. Homestyle low carb chili is also great for down days and tasty. Laughing cow light cheese wedges are very nice for up and down days. And splenda drops are handy for me with tea on a down day.

(Shirataki noodles are strictly DD food around here and then, only when desperate.)

HOWEVER

Most of the junk I have collected over ten years of very low carbing has go to go. If I'm going to bake something, I'm going to use real flour to do it. I cannot think of a circumstance under which I would willingly eat a protein bar now. On a down day, they are too calorific. On an up day--why wouldn't I just have, you know, real food? The beauty of JUDDD is that I'm never going to eat another bite of pureed cauliflower when I want mashed potatoes ever again!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Yes, yes, yes!!!

There are some specialty products that I still keep in my pantry because they were always pretty tasty and if I can save a few carbs or calories, why not? For example, I think carba nada pasta is pretty good. Homestyle low carb chili is also great for down days and tasty. Laughing cow light cheese wedges are very nice for up and down days. And splenda drops are handy for me with tea on a down day.

(Shirataki noodles are strictly DD food around here and then, only when desperate.)

HOWEVER

Most of the junk I have collected over ten years of very low carbing has go to go. If I'm going to bake something, I'm going to use real flour to do it. I cannot think of a circumstance under which I would willingly eat a protein bar now. On a down day, they are too calorific. On an up day--why wouldn't I just have, you know, real food? The beauty of JUDDD is that I'm never going to eat another bite of pureed cauliflower when I want mashed potatoes ever again!
I remember trying to tell myself that mashed cauliflower was, "Oh, Yum! Just like mashed potatoes!" Ah... NO. It's exactly like mashed cauliflower. Not that I don't like it. I certainly do, and cauliflower is one of ALL the vegetables I get to eat and enjoy eating. But it most definitely isn't mashed potatoes. So if that is what I'm wanting, having to substitute something else and then try to believe *it's just as good and even better* is just laughable.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wanttolose70
Stats: 163/139/125
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
everything everyone has said above is true. I love this WOE. i am so blessed to have come looking on this website for low carb recipes. I stumbled on the JUDDD thread and am so glad i took the time to read through. It truly is like magic! I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else but here!
wanttolose70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Grand to only eat real whole foods!
Magical all by itself really.
I love cooking, love good food, and really value controlling what goes in my food and body.
IF is still the most freeing thing I have found for my relationship with food.
Wish I had found it sooner.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
YES Debrat3 AND others I agree

I've even started making my own broth for soups.
From kinda gross part- chicken bones.
For soups love it. If u read the labels on box/can broths in the stores.
SALT, cane juices=sugar to me, more salt, molasses, flour.
I have 4 boxes of the stuff left from thanksgiving I didn't use. Used my home made Broth for the dressing and gravy. I bought boxed stuff without reading the label.
IF u taste the home made broth that u simmer and cook carrots, celery, onion, plain water, and chicken bones. And then sample the boughten stuff. It's night and day difference!
I learnt that this Nov. I'm happy about my findings. My mother said to try it.
Amazing stuff.
Also cake mixes! I have four boxes to donate to food bank when in town.
Actually feel odd passing them on, not good for anyone.
I do use Jillian powdered protein n my smoothie drinks. Shame face here. Smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I've even started making my own broth for soups.
From kinda gross part- chicken bones.
For soups love it. If u read the labels on box/can broths in the stores.
SALT, cane juices=sugar to me, more salt, molasses, flour.
I have 4 boxes of the stuff left from thanksgiving I didn't use. Used my home made Broth for the dressing and gravy. I bought boxed stuff without reading the label.
IF u taste the home made broth that u simmer and cook carrots, celery, onion, plain water, and chicken bones. And then sample the boughten stuff. It's night and day difference!
I learnt that this Nov. I'm happy about my findings. My mother said to try it.
Amazing stuff.
Also cake mixes! I have four boxes to donate to food bank when in town.
Actually feel odd passing them on, not good for anyone.
I do use Jillian powdered protein n my smoothie drinks. Shame face here. Smile
I make the bulk of our foods and meals from scratch here too. I think the flavors are so much better, and I know the quality of the food and nutritional value is better. I get a lot of our fresh foods from the Farmer's Markets around here when in season, as it's locally grown and you can ask the vendor about how they enrich the soil of their garden, how they control insects, etc. I've found I like stuff grown *by the farmer's wife* about the best. LOL Reminds me of the fresh foods we used to eat when I was a child. I still remember sitting beside mama on the porch steps, shelling fresh peas for supper.

Whenever I use a product, like a cake mix, from the grocery store, I do appreciate the time savings, but know we aren't getting as good a cake as I can make myself from scratch. And believe me, on JUDDD I get to *have my cake and eat it too*... I'm eating so much like my family did in the 1940's-1950's before I left home, before processed foods took over the grocery stores. And we eat everything! I really like it, and love JUDDD for it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote