Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #2011
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lindystar
Oh Buttoni, you GOT me. I was trying to ignore it but got curious and started reading about RS. How interesting! Lol, I'm happy losing weight on hot potatoes but I sure would love to benefit from the possible RS while I'm at it. I didn't know about the gut-health aspect of it and I've got to say I'm really relieved about that. I was actually secretly afraid that I was going to kill off all of my gut bacteria by just eating potatoes. They say that those bacteria need lots of different veggies to feed on to stay around and limiting ones self to just potatoes sounded like a recipe for disaster, I was considering going double on pro-biotics after this is over. But perhaps it's not so bad after all!

Lol ok FINE, now I've got to find a way to enjoy cold taters. Maybe like a potato salad, cold with vinegar?

And now I'm all sort of confused, eat them COLD, raw, or room temp? Cooked and then cooled? It's all so much to figure out. I love raw potatoes, I wonder how much they have? And then the plantains, darn it, it looks like microwaving them I pretty much killed all the good stuff. I don't have a dehydrator and my oven, lol, doesn't have a readable thermometer setting. I wonder if I just set it reeeaaaaallly low if it would be good enough.

All of that reading talks about eating not only potatoes and beans and lentils but RICE and PASTA! Lol the horror! But how wonderful. I'm not sure where all of this is going to take me, but it looks like maybe my locarb future will be even more interesting (and complicated, lol we are SUCH lab rats!) than I thought.

Buttoni how do you feel about getting 30g a day of RS starch? It seems like a lot to get from food, is that why you bought the powder?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #2012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Lindy, they're saying 40g a day (around 4 Tbsp of the unmodified potato starch powder), and I personally think it would be pretty hard to get that amount just from whole food unless you only ate the very highest ones, which are pretty carby foods....not impossible to do, but difficult I think. I printed the list of foods high in RS and plan to study it closely as I begin to focus on resistant starch.

So for now, I've about decided I'm not going to do Potato Hacks for awhile. If I should resume the my hacks, I won't do so without regular testing glucose before meals and 1 & 2 hours after eating to learn how MY body is responding, not anyone elses I'm reading about. I just don't trust everything I'm reading and hearing, as it goes against everything Dr. Atkins ever said (though I do understand resistant starch research and its wonders didn't get much coverage until the 80's and 90's).

Instead I think I'm just going to stick with low-carb for awhile, emphasizing food high in RS as much as I can and take 1˝ Tbs. potato starch 3xdaily at meals and just see what happens. I think I'm finally burned out on potatoes 3xdaily......for awhile at least. Absence makes the heart fonder, so maybe after a potato hiatus, I'll be willing to jump in and try it again.

BTW, CONGRATS on losing 4# this week! I only lost 2# since starting noon Monday, but I did eat the 2 wings off the new grilled chicken recipe we did last night, along with my cold red potato. And I did eat 3 of my Indian Pumpkin "Hush Puppies" I made today. So I think I'm ready to stop PH'ing for awhile. My heart isn't in it right now.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #2013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I still supp with Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch. It has changed my life!
I only do 2 tbsp about 2x per week. I had to back down from every day supplementing.

If you are interested and have time, google Perfect Health Diet and Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Potatoes. Tatertot introduced all of the PHDers to this wonderful addition to safe starches. The great thing about RS is that it not only helps with blood sugar issues, but is an excellent source of help for those who have history of colon cancer in there genetics and is beneficial to superior gut health.

In fact, it was this very "Potato Hack" thread that introduced me to Perfect Health plan by Paul Jaminet.

It is the butyrate that is doing the magic.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 09-22-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #2014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm familiar with it. It's very similar to Primal/Paleo really. Thanks. I'll do some more reading on it.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #2015
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
What is ADF? Googling is getting me nothing food related.
Alternate Day Fasting. AKA JUDDD.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #2016
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Cindy. I was pretty sure that's what it meant. But I dont' want to go that route, as I wasn't very happy doing it before for 4 months. I feel too deprived on fasting/near fasting days. And the break in my stall when I was doing JUDDD were short-lived. Lost 6# the first month and then nothing (my usual pattern with whatever I try).

I'm not ruling out doing Potato hacks again, as they seem to work for me when I do them. Scale this morning says I lost 3# on this last 7-day hack. So restricting/eliminating fat INTAKE so my body has to go after stored fat may be the answer for me.

I'm just burned out on potatoes right now and need a break from them. Never EVER thought I'd say that. Like I said above, for awhile, I'm going to try Atkins low-carb with the injection of 3xdaily intake of resistant potato starch and regular consumption of high-RS foods (whether carb-y or not) just to see what happens. Will still keep my proteins moderate, but may lower my fat intake, since I'm CONVINCED that's why the Potato hacks work for people. Restricting fat goes so counter to Atkins, with its somewhat high fat approach, maybe the sheer CHANGE is what is working for people (in other words, fat cycling, just like carb cycling some people do with success).

Last edited by buttoni; 09-23-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #2017
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Peggy, have you tried doing the potato hack on alternate (down) days only? That's what DH and I are doing and so far I've not tired of potatoes (after a couple months now!) and it IS working.

DH is thrilled because even though his losses are slow, they're going in the right direction! He's down about 12 pounds from his starting weight. But better for HIM - the appetite suppressing that happens on the Down days with the potatoes. Which sometimes even carries over to the Up days for him. He has pretty much quit eating breakfast, because coffee by itself is now pretty much doing the trick for him til at least mid-morning. That is an everyday occurrence, not just down days. So he knows he's consuming a lot less calorically than he WAS.

What we BOTH find interesting is that it seems that even in the absence of losing pounds that we can see on the scales - we are losing FAT. Clothes are definitely fitting better! So I'm inclined to think that the fat-burning is working better by utilizing the RS/potato down days, and from what I read in your quotes upthread, that's not unusual. What a great benefit!

Just something to think about, once potatoes start to sound appealing again!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #2018
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LifeIsGood2013
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: 4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Peggy, have you tried doing the potato hack on alternate (down) days only? That's what DH and I are doing and so far I've not tired of potatoes (after a couple months now!) and it IS working.
Charski, are you and DH eating to satiety on your PH DD's or within a certain calorie limit?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #2019
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
I was hoping someone could give me a rundown about this - 68 pages is too much to go through!

Questions I have:
- does this actually work and does the weight stay off once you return back to other foods?
- can you only do this on DD instead of the whole week?
- is it absolutely 0 fat - I thought I read someone using 1tsp of coconut oil? I don't use any sprays
- has anyone tried other methods besides boiling potatoes? I have a Actifry that should work without using oil. Also have a non-stick waffle maker for the shredded potato pancake
Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #2020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Char, on the alternate days (non-potato days) what are you eating? I thought you were dabbling with JUDDD? I wasn't a happy camper doing JUDDD or IF when I tried them. Regular Atkins Low Carb fare alternately with PH days....well I haven't tried that and I might be able to do that without getting so tired of dry, plain, cold potatoes. That sounds a lot more palatable (pardon the pun) to me. But I wonder how effective it is for weight loss? Losoing fat is nice, but I still need to lose pounds as well. Seems like you'd have to do it for at least 2 days minimum for your metabolism to switch gears. And to be quite honest, JUDDD is an alternate day approach and it stopped working for me, so I'm doubtful the PH would work for me alternately with low-carb Atkins. I might try it though, but not for awhile yet. I'm really burned out on potatoes right now.

Last edited by buttoni; 09-23-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #2021
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
I was hoping someone could give me a rundown about this - 68 pages is too much to go through!

Questions I have:
- does this actually work and does the weight stay off once you return back to other foods?
- can you only do this on DD instead of the whole week?
- is it absolutely 0 fat - I thought I read someone using 1tsp of coconut oil? I don't use any sprays
- has anyone tried other methods besides boiling potatoes? I have a Actifry that should work without using oil. Also have a non-stick waffle maker for the shredded potato pancake
*I lost 16 pounds in 14 days
*I didn't gain any weight back, I lost a half pound the next week on LC
*ZERO FAT - some people add up to a tablespoon of fat per meal but a true hack is zero, you're eating zero fat so that your body will burn IT'S fat
*I boil, dry fry, fry with PAM, bake, microwave and lots of people use forman grills or waffle makers I use the frozen hash browns with zero fat and they turn out AMAZING

I Loooove the hack! Good luck to you!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #2022
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Char, on the alternate days (non-potato days) what are you eating? I thought you were dabbling with JUDDD? I wasn't a happy camper doing JUDDD or IF when I tried them. Regular Atkins Low Carb fare alternately with PH days....well I haven't tried that and I might be able to do that without getting so tired of dry, plain, cold potatoes. That sounds a lot more palatable (pardon the pun) to me. But I wonder how effective it is for weight loss? Losoing fat is nice, but I still need to lose pounds as well. Seems like you'd have to do it for at least 2 days minimum for your metabolism to switch gears. And to be quite honest, JUDDD is an alternate day approach and it stopped working for me, so I'm doubtful the PH would work for me alternately with low-carb Atkins. I might try it though, but not for awhile yet. I'm really burned out on potatoes right now.
Not CHar BUT I am in maintenance and was doing DD potato days and kept losing so I quit since I didn't want to lose any more. On DD's I ate cold boiled Yukon Golds after a breakfast of coffee with HWC. I ate around 600 calories on those DD's and I ate whatever I wanted on my UD's. I have been to a fair and ate fair food so I have a couple of extra pounds to get rid of so I have cold boiled yukons in the frig for tomorrow's DD. Cold with salt keeps me satisfied the best. When I add condiments I want to eat more so I keep it simple.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 09-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #2023
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindystar View Post
*I lost 16 pounds in 14 days
*I didn't gain any weight back, I lost a half pound the next week on LC
*ZERO FAT - some people add up to a tablespoon of fat per meal but a true hack is zero, you're eating zero fat so that your body will burn IT'S fat
*I boil, dry fry, fry with PAM, bake, microwave and lots of people use forman grills or waffle makers I use the frozen hash browns with zero fat and they turn out AMAZING

I Loooove the hack! Good luck to you!

Thanks! Wow 16lbs in 14 days??!?! Did you eat potatoes for 14 days straight or only on your DD? How many calories worth are supposed to eat? I'm just starting - in the induction phase so my DDs are 500 cals.

Just to clarify - you eat nothing else except potatoes (and perhaps some seasoning including hot sauce and a little ketchup), right? I LOVE hashbrowns...I would be in heaven if I could eat hashbrowns and fries everyday! I'm going to pull out the Actifry!!

How did you dry fry?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #2024
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Not CHar BUT I am in maintenance and was doing DD potato days and kept losing so I quit since I didn't want to lose any more. On DD's I ate cold boiled Yukon Golds after a breakfast of coffee with HWC. I ate around 600 calories on those DD's and I ate whatever I wanted on my UD's. I have been to a fair and ate fair food so I have a couple of extra pounds to get rid of so I have cold boiled yukons in the frig for tomorrow's DD. Cold with salt keeps me satisfied the best. When I add condiments I want to eat more so I keep it simple.
I would recommend Indian chaat masala on cold potatoes!! Is tamarind sauce allowed as a seasoning/condiment? If yes, drizzling a little of that would be heaven!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #2025
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeanyyy
Stats: 227.1/160.4/155/5'6"
WOE: HCG-Omni/Intermountain
When I did the PH twice during my last P4... I lost 4.2 in 7 days the first time, and about 4.7 in 6 days the 2nd time (when I was recovering from a trip away that involved fair food and beer). I'll be doing it again when I get back from Dallas at the end of October.

My favorite way to eat potatoes was microwave potato chips, absolutely no oil and whatever spices I wanted. So yum! I also ate a fair amount of cold ones with malt vinegar, or a dab of queso or salsa.. some reheated dry-fried cold ones, a potato soup, and so on. It was do-able for the short term. I may look into JUDD or 5:2 or something like that when I make goal and am looking to maintain...
Old 09-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #2026
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
I would recommend Indian chaat masala on cold potatoes!! Is tamarind sauce allowed as a seasoning/condiment? If yes, drizzling a little of that would be heaven!
Well, in my opinion, the better they taste the more you eat.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #2027
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Cindy. I was pretty sure that's what it meant. But I dont' want to go that route, as I wasn't very happy doing it before for 4 months. I feel too deprived on fasting/near fasting days. And the break in my stall when I was doing JUDDD were short-lived. Lost 6# the first month and then nothing (my usual pattern with whatever I try).
I thought you were trying JUDDD for a short while. I had to go back and make sure you weren't still JUDDDing when I suggested it lol. TBH, I had forgotten you tried it at all. It's not for everyone, and it took me a long time to adjust, but I just kept at it. I'm not losing crazily, but I have dropped 34 lbs since last year, eating anything and everything I want. That is enough to keep me doing this, even if it takes two years to get to goal.

I've heard lots of good stuff about the PH and even tried it a few times, but it wasn't a good fit for me. Good luck!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #2028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I certainly do appreciate all the suggestions and sharing what has worked for you ladies. I just wish it was working as well for me lately as it did my first two hacks in June and July. I found enough variety then to be able to do it for 11 days. Now, I seem to be unable to last more then 2-3. Maybe I'm just doing it too often. Or just need a break, since I've done them 4-5 times (5 days or longer each time) since June. But company kept getting in the way and forcing me to stop and the restarting seems to get more and more difficult for me. Maybe it's that syndrome people experience coming back to Atkins again and again after failed maintenance and regains. They often say it's harder and harder to restart without falling off the wagon. My last 2 hacks, I seem to "fall off the potato wagon" after just 2-3 days in and I'm not sure why unless it's sheer potato burnout. :{

I do think there IS something to the RS research and therefore will continue my potato starch intake 3xdaily. And I'll probably resume PH's eventually, as they do seem to work somewhat for me.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #2029
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
Charski, are you and DH eating to satiety on your PH DD's or within a certain calorie limit?
We're not counting calories but just eat potatoes to satiety - it seems to not take much though. Most PH DDs, I have coffee/half & half in the morning, wait til I get hungry, then eat one or two smallish (under 5 oz.) potatoes which have been baked ahead of time and then refrigerated. I usually add a tablespoon of Costco's bacon bits and a tablespoon of either Tostitos salsa con queso, OR Costco's Greek yogurt spinach/parm dip. From reading through this whole thread what I gleaned was that as long as you keep any accompanying fat/condiments to < 9 grams total fat for the meal, you're OK. Generally the same for dinner, as I love them so much!

Quote:
Peggy, we're LOOSELY doing JUDDD, or ADF, or whatever you want to call it. The potato days I'm pretty sure I'm under or right about at 500 calories total. On up days, I eat what I want, with an eye towards lower carb/little to no sugar or white flour, very few processed foods as a rule. I still just have decaf/half & half for breakfast because it's just what works for me, then I might have some leftovers for lunch, or I might go to Carl's Jr. and get a bunless jalapeno turkey burger; for dinner, homemade chili, lamb chops and salad, hot wings and sweet potato fries, etc. If I get snackish later in the evening, I'll often have a piece of sourdough or homemade sprouted grains bread, toasted, with a little butter on it and a cup of tea or decaf.

We plan eating out nights around UP days, and usually just one per week.

This week is a little wonky because DH has some inspections going on at work, which means he's kind of "on call" until the inspectors leave at the end of the week, so he didn't want to take potatoes to work because it's just easier to eat a sandwich. I've been sending him with a Foldit with 2 slices deli turkey and a slice of light Jarlsberg cheese, a little baggie with those mini peppers, a few baby carrots, and some grape tomatoes, and a baggie with 2 pieces of homemade beef jerky and a light BabyBel cheese round for a snack. This is his normal lunch on UP days. He has also started having just coffee for breakfast, up or down days, and finds he's doing REALLY well with that!

He's down about 12 pounds since we started eating this way in July. He's pleased with that because his trend is DOWN and not UP as it was before that! He gets to eat stuff he enjoys on the UP days, and he's actually loving the potato DOWN days because it helps curb his appetite so well, something he's always struggled with. It's the main reason he has trouble sticking to a traditional "diet" because the calorie restriction just makes him have the double hungry-grumpies and eventually he gives in to it. So far in two months he hasn't suffered with that - it's a very big deal to him to feel this way while enjoying what he's eating!

We BOTH try not to go all haywire on UP days. It happens every now and then, but we're right back to a potato down day the next day and poof, away goes whatever "weight" was gained with the UP day mischief!

I know this isn't for everyone. You have to find what works for you. I can't imagine eating nothing but potatoes for days on end - two days is about my max. But I CAN see doing this the way we're doing it for the long haul. For that, I thank this Board and its many wonderful sharing members! Without it, I'd never have known about the Potato Hack.

Special thanks to my buddy Ouis for patiently answering my every email in the beginning of this!

Last edited by Charski; 09-24-2013 at 08:22 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #2030
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! Wow 16lbs in 14 days??!?! Did you eat potatoes for 14 days straight or only on your DD? How many calories worth are supposed to eat? I'm just starting - in the induction phase so my DDs are 500 cals.

Just to clarify - you eat nothing else except potatoes (and perhaps some seasoning including hot sauce and a little ketchup), right? I LOVE hashbrowns...I would be in heaven if I could eat hashbrowns and fries everyday! I'm going to pull out the Actifry!!

How did you dry fry?
It was 14 consecutive days. I didn't count calories, just ate when I was hungry, it came out to 4-5 pounds of potatoes a day. It was a LOT. Dry fry is just using a non-stick pan with nothing in it. I prefer using PAM though. And yep, a little ketchup, or BBQ sauce, any seasonings, mustard, malt vinegar, hot sauce ect. Lol, get out your actifry and have fun
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #2031
Junior LCF Member

Day 1 - 152.8
Day 2 - 152.8
Day 3 - 151.0
Day 4 - 150.0
Day 5 - 150.0
Day 6 - 148.4
Day 7 - 149.4
Day 8 - 150.4

Ugh really? But the last hack sometimes I would go 4-5 days without a loss and then drop 3-4 pounds overnight, soooo I'm sticking it out. Boo though, just boooo for today. I'm still not tired of taters though, so that's wonderful!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #2032
Senior LCF Member

Before I start this "hack" could someone confirm a few things with me to ensure I understand this correctly and not gain weight instead of lose.

Can I do this hack only on my DDs? If yes, this means I only have 500cals worth, correct? Or is it recommended to do it consecutively? I supposed I could this for 1 week, but I wouldn't be able to do it past that. I have to find a week where I have no social activities planned...lol

Can someone also confirm that the only thing you eat is potatoes and some seasoning, no other foods, correct?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2033
Junior LCF Member

Question, does anybody else feel COLD while hacking?? I would swear I've been a lot more cold than normal and even my coworkers and husband have noticed. No idea if it's related....
Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2034
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Before I start this "hack" could someone confirm a few things with me to ensure I understand this correctly and not gain weight instead of lose.

Can I do this hack only on my DDs? If yes, this means I only have 500cals worth, correct? Or is it recommended to do it consecutively? I supposed I could this for 1 week, but I wouldn't be able to do it past that. I have to find a week where I have no social activities planned...lol

Can someone also confirm that the only thing you eat is potatoes and some seasoning, no other foods, correct?
I think people have done it both ways. I have found that I lost weight faster doing consecutive potato days but you have to like potatoes a Lot! I have also done potato DD's and lost more slowly but didn't burn out as quickly. When I am doing a potato hack day I only have potatoes and cider vinegar with seasonings like low suger hot sauces. My husband lost quite a bit also eating a dinner with potatoes with onions and low cal vegetables. I think no/low fat and no/low sugar would be important. I am no expert but that is what we found.

Lindystar- I don't feel cold on the hack although I do on my regular DD's with JUDDD. I am sick right now with a sore throat and cold that the kids brought home from school so am not dieting until I feel better and am healthy again. I hope you have a nice drop in weight tomorrow! It does seem to get more difficult the lower the weight gets.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #2035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much for typing all that out, Char. I'm so glad you two are have such good luck with it. Maybe I should give the alternate day thing a try, keeping the potatoes to just every other day and eating low-carb on the alternate days. I suppose it's worth a try. I may begin the alternate day approach later this week since it's working so well for you and your hubby. That would at least break the potato monotony a little bit, if boredom is the issue for me, and I do think it is. Food boredom is something I really try to avoid as I think it's the kiss of death for any eating regimen. Sure is for me. What does one call this approach, Char, SPUD JUDDING? LOL Guess that makes us SPUD JUDDERS. LOL Has a nice ring to it.

You talked me into not giving up on my hacks, Char. Got to go stock up on potatoes first....I'm down to only 2-3 small ones.

Hope you feel better soon, Babs.

Last edited by buttoni; 09-24-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #2036
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
I can't imagine eating nothing but potatoes for days on end - two days is about my max.
I can totally see doing 2 PH days, followed by a controlled "Up" day on the lower carb end of things. I wonder if you'd still lose doing it that way.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #2037
Big Yapper!!!!

I think so, Jeany. However, you would lose by only doing the PH every other day, and eating to maintenance levels on UP days. I'm assuming you probably don't eat more than 400-700 calories on PH days. I would do the PH eod on my DDs, but I don't do as well, and end up craving food too much and overeating--abandoning potatoes, lol.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #2038
Senior LCF Member

I think I'll give it a shot after my Dallas trip. I'll start with a Potato Reset for 5-7 days (to undo any damage caused by the trip), then maybe transition to 2 PH/1 UD and, depending on how it goes, move to EOD. I'm *hoping* to get to a 145ish goal weight before Christmas without doing another round of HCG (at 160 now).
Old 09-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #2039
Senior LCF Member

Well I just bought a 10lb bag of potatoes ...bonus it was on sale!! I made potatoes 3 ways for tomorrow: chips infused with malt vinegar and sea salt using my Actify; boil potatoes sprinkled with Indian chaat masala (tamarind sauce to be drizzled when ready to eat - served cold); and potato pancake in the waffle maker - I just grated the potato so it's ready to make when I get home. I am only eating 500cal worth of stuff as it is my DD so even it doesn't work for me it shouldn't impact my "JUDDDING". If I can eat only potatoes on DD I think I should have no problems with on these days...wish me luck!

BTW where are you guys finding fat free hashbrowns? I check my local store and they all had fat.

Just a clarification on your post Librarygirl - what do you mean "eating to maintenance levels on UP days"? What percentage is that on the calculator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I think so, Jeany. However, you would lose by only doing the PH every other day, and eating to maintenance levels on UP days. I'm assuming you probably don't eat more than 400-700 calories on PH days. I would do the PH eod on my DDs, but I don't do as well, and end up craving food too much and overeating--abandoning potatoes, lol.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #2040
Big Yapper!!!!

oceania, I meant to maintenance levels according to your own weight. The JUDDD calculator (Google it) will tell you what that is. I'm assuming you already know your UD numbers, as you are doing JUDDD now, lol. (just realized that)
Closed Thread