Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/219/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
Ok so this is so far

Start 202
DD Pots only 197 this was following a binge weekend, so was expecting a big loss probably 3 lb?
UD Pots only 196 only ate 2200 ish, usual UD 3000.

I usually see a 2.5 to 3 lb bounce, but this is down 1, so....

I have a DD today which I'm going to just have 700 Kcal Pots, then I will review.

I am definetly not dehydrated, in fact I would say a little water retention on lower abs? so I suspect if I was to now have a few days of LC i would see a sudden drop, may try for thursday and friday.

Not for long!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
My potato DD yesterday was alright, but I was grumpier and hungrier than normal overall. I woke up to a 2 pound loss this morning, BUT I am getting rid of the Thanksgiving bloat and that may or may not have played a roll in the loss. I'm at a new low, but only 2 10ths of a pound lower than a full week ago, despite good rotations.

I don't think I'll do this potato thing regularly, though I might try it again in the future when I'm not full of turkey and dressing already.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Well, after 5 days of tater-ing, I am down 6 pounds, a couple of which are T-day bloat--but considering that we are not "de-carbing" at least 3 pounds or so must be fat loss. I feel much "leaner" than I did before T-day.

I will have another tater day today and then I have 4 days out of town, so I will let you all know whether I gain any back. People over at MDA did not gain back after they stopped--and since they mostly eat primally, so will I. There is a belief that the potato hack improves insulin signaling. I think JUDDD does a similar thing. Time will tell!

I am not JUDDD-ing--I realized it is too hard to do UD/DD's on taters. I don't know how many calories I have been eating, because I have been eating to hunger. I can tell you that yesterday, I had about 6 yukon golds and one russet that was bigger than my head.

I think for me, I will try and "tater" for awhile, say 4 days on 3 days off, coinciding with my weekends. I find it decidedly unpainful to eat taters for 3-4 days. It is boring but not hard. And after a day or so, hunger is low and I had a lot of energy.

I'm sorry to read about those of you strugging with this hack. I have a few thoughts:

1) give it some more time, eat to hunger without obsessing about calories, and don't include fat--do it as written --or

2) regular JUDDD is better for you-

Whichever--this is a short term hack--not a lifestyle change--so have fun with it!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am using the Potato Diet as a short term diet to get below my goal weight so it will be easier to maintain. I am finding the diversion interesting so I am enjoying the potato thing. Besides I actually like potatoes. Just rarely eat them since LC was so ingrained in my head. No fat is a little harder but doable.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #155

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Well, after 5 days of tater-ing, I am down 6 pounds, a couple of which are T-day bloat--but considering that we are not "de-carbing" at least 3 pounds or so must be fat loss. I feel much "leaner" than I did before T-day.

I will have another tater day today and then I have 4 days out of town, so I will let you all know whether I gain any back. People over at MDA did not gain back after they stopped--and since they mostly eat primally, so will I. There is a belief that the potato hack improves insulin signaling. I think JUDDD does a similar thing. Time will tell!

I am not JUDDD-ing--I realized it is too hard to do UD/DD's on taters. I don't know how many calories I have been eating, because I have been eating to hunger. I can tell you that yesterday, I had about 6 yukon golds and one russet that was bigger than my head.

I think for me, I will try and "tater" for awhile, say 4 days on 3 days off, coinciding with my weekends. I find it decidedly unpainful to eat taters for 3-4 days. It is boring but not hard. And after a day or so, hunger is low and I had a lot of energy.

I'm sorry to read about those of you strugging with this hack. I have a few thoughts:

1) give it some more time, eat to hunger without obsessing about calories, and don't include fat--do it as written --or

Whichever--this is a short term hack--not a lifestyle change--so have fun with it!
Wow! Great results so far What are your thoughts on only doing potato DDs? Do you think that would work or would it interrupt the rhythm of the potato days?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #156
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:

Great results so far
Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great results Ouiz! I'm not ready to go all-potatoes quite yet, but for that kind of loss in those many days, I'm keeping it in my back pocket. A great way to break a stall or just shake things up. I'm going to have a potato DD today, and probably Friday, and we'll see what happens. Thanks so much for bringing this to us!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Potato report: first experiment day went fine.

Pros: easy, a little more energy (?), filling at some points
Cons: wanted to have some other things and couldn't (ok for short term). Some big hunger moments, but I did leave the potatoes until later in the day. If I was doing a non-DD potato diet this would not be an issue. I like the idea of eating more potatoes one day, less the next without necessarily trying to reach JUDDD calorie levels ... but I also am afraid to mess with my beautiful JUDDD rhythm.

I lost .5 pounds from my previous after-down-day weight, but I don't know if that's the potatoes or not. I lost a bunch on the scale at the beginning of the month, and then two weeks of not much happening (as per usual!) but I've lost inches during that time, so I am expecting some scale drop here anyway. However, my down days are usually lower carb, so that's interesting. I will try this again! I'm not continuing today though due to dinner plans.

Last edited by calichris; 11-28-2012 at 07:04 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #159

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Loving watching this thread. Great results Ouiz.

I may do a couple of tater days but I so love the variety of foods that JUDDD has allowed me. Rather like Adi, I would like to be at the lower end of my Maintenance weight before Xmas. So perhaps next week.... I have cold just now so don't think this is a good time to start.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I really should quit lurking on this forum but I love it here! Everyone is so nice

I went out and bought potatoes and malt vinegar (which I have never bought in my life) Who can read this thread and NOT go out and buy potatoes Still on the fence about trying this BUT I will eat the potatoes Adi has about convinced me!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmm. Trader Joes makes this practically fat free low cal queso dip (15 cals/.05 fat for 2 T) that is just divine on a potato. This is my last full day of taters til next week. Gonna be a happy day!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Keep up the posting this so interesting ...If I hadn't just started back on JUDDD. I would soooo try this for a week...I would definitely up my DD's.

What is a "hack" ... I know the computor term...How do you hack a diet?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Ouizoid

Thanks for posting this...and for all of your tips so far...I always said I could probably live on potatoes... Well come January, we'll see...

What beverages are you drinking???
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I have a bag of potatoes but I'm afraid to use it.

I have noticed that potatoes don't affect me the same way other carbs do, but I have used them sparingly on DDs. Maybe I will try a few potato down days. I suspect that the interruption of an Up Day that includes things other than potatoes, however, is going to ruin the experiment.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I am doing a potato UD. It is after lunch and I forgot to eat since I am not hungry. How did I get so full for so long on hash browns cooked in a cast iron skillet for breakfast with zero oil in the pan??
I have a potato cooking in the microwave. I prefer oven baked potatoes but I am working with what I have here. I will end up with 1575 calories for the day if I eat the whole potato for lunch and another whole one for dinner.
I feel I just need a nudge and I enjoyed yesterday.
Hope I am not being a bad influence on becksterinindy.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/153/139 JUDDD 07/28/14
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi--that is my experience as well--sooo full on potatoes!

Granny--a "hack" is a short-term intervention that changes something. It is a quick and dirty solution to a problem--

Steph--I suspect you are right--I think the key to the potato hack is starch with no fat for 3-7 days, then resuming regular feeding. I plan to go back to my regular feeding schedule this weekend, and then do another 4-5 days of potatoes next week.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
it's actually short for "biohack"
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

right PJ! I had forgotten!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 415redhead
Stats: 136
WOE: BBD
Start Date: January 2012
John Mcdougall has many videos on utube and books regarding the perfect potato (sans fat). He has a new book is called the starch solution. Potato fasting is great to get rid of bloating too (as they are rich in potasium).

There is an interesting book written in the 90's called "potatoes not prozac, which advised eating potatoes before bed due to the release of serotonin and other good things.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

I might need a prescription for Prozac if I keep up the potato diet. Glad to see it working for some of you!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

My UD is over and I had fried potatoes for breakfast, baked potatoes for lunch, and boiled potatoes for dinner. I now have thin sliced potatoes dipped in lemon juice in the dehydrator. The directions said to brush with oil but I just salted and peppered them and turned the machine on. Let's see if that works.

THE GOOD NEWS. After lunch every UD I start prowling looking for something sweet. Today I just went back to work and never thought about looking for candy or cookies or ice cream topping in the frig. This is a good thing. Monday and I finished off the can of whipped cream I found in the back of the office frig.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
My UD is over and I had fried potatoes for breakfast, baked potatoes for lunch, and boiled potatoes for dinner. I now have thin sliced potatoes dipped in lemon juice in the dehydrator. The directions said to brush with oil but I just salted and peppered them and turned the machine on. Let's see if that works.

THE GOOD NEWS. After lunch every UD I start prowling looking for something sweet. Today I just went back to work and never thought about looking for candy or cookies or ice cream topping in the frig. This is a good thing. Monday and I finished off the can of whipped cream I found in the back of the office frig.
I hope it was yours!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I hope it was yours!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Funny. I think it was bought at the first of school for our ice cream sundaes we had which would mean I bought it out of my budget. It needed to go anyway. It was taking up space. Probably why no one else had finished it off. Not sure who it belonged to. There were two cans in the frig and one was empty. I didn't know my husband worked at my office. Someone else finished off the strawberry ice cream syrup I was expecting to find. Darn.

But today was an UD and I even went to the PO which is right beside the local grocery and didn't run in and buy cookies from the bakery. I am so proud of me.

Last edited by adillenal; 11-28-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Adi, I know what you mean about looking for something sweet! I wish I didn't like sweets so much. Until I married my DH, I wasn't a sweet eater......but, I loved salty foods! I was skinny then too! So, I blame my DH for me being fat!! lol!! NOT!! That all lies at my feet!

Good for you not buying cookies from the bakery! I'm curious to see if the potatoes continue to reduce your desire for sweets? Good luck!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

I sure hope the potatoes take care of my sweet cravings. That would be worth the effort for sure.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Today was my first DD potato experiment and it was surprisingly easy and I haven't been hungry all day. Normally my DD are right around 500 cals, sometimes up to 600. Today I had 90 cal of potatoes at 1pm 90 cals at 3pm and 200 cals at 6pm and I'm done for the night and feeling good. Tomorrow is going to be a regular UD (not potato-only). I don't know if this potato experiment will help move the scale, but for today at least it had made my DD simple so I'm happy!

I should note that I had a couple sprays of Pam with my first round of taters and the dinner was just garlic powder and salt with my California grown Yukon Golds.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Adi, I admit that I have enjoyed whipped cream from the can as well. I spray it on top of my spoon, enjoying a couple of spoonfuls. Oh, I used to spray it on jello cups or fresh blueberries, but honestly it works without either.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #180

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Adi, I admit that I have enjoyed whipped cream from the can as well. I spray it on top of my spoon, enjoying a couple of spoonfuls. Oh, I used to spray it on jello cups or fresh blueberries, but honestly it works without either.
Oh, Good Heavens, Girl! Why dirty the spoon? Just tilt your head back and spray that stuff straight into your mouth. That's what I do!
Closed Thread