Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #1411
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/156/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I cannot wait for that I am excited to see what happens to me. I am hoping that I will get the best results and not crappy ones I have seen some receive.
Dawn - make sure you give it a few perfect days. On my first hack, I didn't see big weight loss numbers but BOY did it sure help down the line in taking away a lot of my cravings and making my body more tolerant of alcohol, starches and even some sugars. I think you probably read my summary up-thread from my first hack but let your body get used to the starches--it will take a few days--but I think you'll be happy at the end, especially if you get the craving suppression and the weight tolerance later. And don't be discouraged if you cave to something on day 1. It often happens to me, for some reason! After day 1, I usually don't have any trouble. Good luck! Btw, wanted to share a baking tip that I got from someone (can't remember who???). Stick potatoes in a cold oven, turn on to 400, leave in there for 60-75 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes). Voila! Baked potatoes, zero effort.

Update from me. Made it through the weekend on potatoes only and even made some plantain chips (almost 100% resistant starch) which my body seems to be ok with as I was down almost 8 pounds as of this morning (5 day hack). I'll be hacking up until about 7pm tonight when I will have a normal meal, PHD style, with bf. Fingers-crossed that a) my body will be ok with some non-potato protein tonight and b) that it doesn't give me a bounce up!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #1412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Dawn - make sure you give it a few perfect days. On my first hack, I didn't see big weight loss numbers but BOY did it sure help down the line in taking away a lot of my cravings ...

Update from me. Made it through the weekend on potatoes only and even made some plantain chips (almost 100% resistant starch)
I think the most surprising benefit that I got from my potato hack is that I haven't been hungry since early March.

My DH is on a 3 day potato hack and will then be having potato DDs. I made dehydrated plantain chips for him (I'd marinaded them in hot sauce before drying them) and he likes them. Did you dehydrate or oven bake your plantains?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #1413
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Thanks Shelby!! Great tips! And even better results for you. That is fabulous and I hope to be just as successful. Day 1 was OK. I got through it and it was easy since I had work. Kept me off of feeling hungry/wanting to eat. I am down a lb. Now today......I am eating!! And eating and eating!!! But I will eat, just only potatoes. I made a stupid, stupid mistake last night. I was making a recipe in the sticky above and was slicing the potatoes on my mandolin.....withOUT the guard on the potato. So my thumb got sliced along with my potato. Never again will I NOT use the guard the slicer came with!!!! Let that be a warning to everyone--use the guard, it is very important. But the taters are very yummy!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #1414
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I think the most surprising benefit that I got from my potato hack is that I haven't been hungry since early March.

My DH is on a 3 day potato hack and will then be having potato DDs. I made dehydrated plantain chips for him (I'd marinaded them in hot sauce before drying them) and he likes them. Did you dehydrate or oven bake your plantains?
Oven baked as I don't have a dehydrator. And they took FOREVER! Next time, I'll put them in before I go to bed so they can dry out overnight! They are pretty darn yummy so I'm a bit on the fence about them. They were REALLY green on the outside but they still taste a bit sweet so I think that may be what is setting me off. Heaven knows I don't need ANOTHER food item that I can't resist!

Quote:
Thanks Shelby!! Great tips! And even better results for you. That is fabulous and I hope to be just as successful. Day 1 was OK. I got through it and it was easy since I had work. Kept me off of feeling hungry/wanting to eat. I am down a lb. Now today......I am eating!! And eating and eating!!! But I will eat, just only potatoes. I made a stupid, stupid mistake last night. I was making a recipe in the sticky above and was slicing the potatoes on my mandolin.....withOUT the guard on the potato. So my thumb got sliced along with my potato. Never again will I NOT use the guard the slicer came with!!!! Let that be a warning to everyone--use the guard, it is very important. But the taters are very yummy!!!
Yay Dawn! Congrats on getting thru day 1! That's always the toughest one for me. Keep us posted on how it goes for you. I've eaten as much as 2 pounds of taters per day and had good luck although I WILL admit that if I keep to eating until satisfied as opposed to full, it works better for weight loss.

Sorry to hear about the thumb! Ouchie!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Bought 20# Costco bag & will be putting on a pot of rice congee tomorrow. I did well after my last tater hack but the last couple weeks have been bad. Bouncing the same 3# and I Can. Not. Get. Full!! DDs are torture, UDs make me crazy cuz I just wanna eat, eat, eat!!! Time for another tater (and rice) hack to settle down the cravings & start the scale moving.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #1416
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Tater DD's are good for water weight loss too. I dropped 4.4 pounds this morning due to my potato DD yesterday. But it will be a regular UD today and a potato DD tomorrow since I have a new supply of Yukon golds all boiled and in the frig.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #1417
Blabbermouth!!!

So yesterday I had BP coffee for breakfast, taters for lunch, and a normal paleo'ish/PHD dinner yesterday with chicken thighs, lots of green beans with butter, a very small portion of coconut milk brown rice (going to make this with white basmati next time but the brown was still yum!), and an almond butter cream cheese swirl brownie. My goodness...I thought I had died an gone to non-potato heaven! And the best part? Down another pound today--and that's with no visit from Bernice! Repeating today to see if it was just a fluke...
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quick question:

I'm thinking of doing PH for my next few DD's to see how it works for me. I gained 5lbs over the weekend, 3 UD's, 2 of those unplanned! I've lost 3 of those 5lbs but I want to get the other 2 off and whatever I gain from my UD today. Do you eat up to your DD cals on a Potato Hack DD? Or do you eat more cals?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #1419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
. Do you eat up to your DD cals on a Potato Hack DD? Or do you eat more cals?
The standard advice is to disregard the calories and eat to satiety.

The potatoes so modified my appetite that I had a hard time making my DD calories on them, never mind my UDs (albeit I did a 28 day hack).
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #1420
Big Yapper!!!!

When I do a potato DD I have my regular breakfast and then cold boiled potatoes the rest of the day so my calories are usually around 600 for my DD.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #1421

Quote:

The potatoes so modified my appetite that I had a hard time making my DD calories on them, never mind my UDs (albeit I did a 28 day hack).
OMG I bow to you. I cannot do this. I am so hungry!!! And I have done hcg (500 calorie diet) before. I don't want to gorge on potatoes, but I feel I can. I ate about a lb for lunch and want more. I am going to eat more, right now And my cravings are not gone. Just had a few squares of very high cocoa content chocolate. This is hard!!! Or maybe I just need to give it more time. I am on day #3. Day 1 was easiest to me. These last 2 days have been torture. Maybe it is because I have my family I need to feed as well. They are eating all sorts of yummy food and I sit with my piddly little potatoes I am bound and determined to do this because I see the scale being kind to me, but I wish it were easy
Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Dawn,
May I ask what you are seasoning with? Sometimes, I think the malt vinegar or something of this nature help with satiety. I love to use "Slap Yo Mama" sauce because it really helps with the blandness of the tater.

Hang in there! You have made it this far and that is FANTASTIC!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Dawn,
May I ask what you are seasoning with? Sometimes, I think the malt vinegar or something of this nature help with satiety. I love to use "Slap Yo Mama" sauce because it really helps with the blandness of the tater.

Hang in there! You have made it this far and that is FANTASTIC!
Salt. Do not have the malt vinegar, or the funds to buy it right now.

Oh, and today I had a cup of broth. After eating my 1 lb of potatoes. Yesterday I had my potatoes cooked in broth.

Last edited by dawnyama; 05-07-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Great thanks, I'll try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
When I do a potato DD I have my regular breakfast and then cold boiled potatoes the rest of the day so my calories are usually around 600 for my DD.
My DD cals are only 340. I'll try to ignore the cals as Slowsure suggested and hoping it won't take much to satisfy my hunger. DD's used to be a lot easier and I could fast the entire day but now I am getting much hungier on DD's.

Quote:
I love to use "Slap Yo Mama" sauce
Love this name! What kind of sauce is it? I got the malt vinegar and red and Yukon gold potatoes at the store just now.

The funny thing about this PH is that I grew up on a farm and guess what we raised...potatoes! I grew up eating meat and potatoes and never had a weight problem but of course I was young and very active! Wish I could smuggle some back when I visit in June but we are flying and not sure that would work.
April Ended152.2 Loss 5.8lbs.
May Ended 150.6 Loss 1.6lbs
June Ended 146.4 Loss 3.2lbs
Total: 17.3lbs

Old 05-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
Great thanks, I'll try it!

Love this name! What kind of sauce is it? I got the malt vinegar and red and Yukon gold potatoes at the store just now.

The funny thing about this PH is that I grew up on a farm and guess what we raised...potatoes! I grew up eating meat and potatoes and never had a weight problem but of course I was young and very active! Wish I could smuggle some back when I visit in June but we are flying and not sure that would work.
Actually, it is Slap Ya Mama . It is a Cajun pepper sauce that is very popular in the south. I think it may be one of the only hot sauces that I have found without MSG. I love it and use it liberally. It says 0 cals, carbs, etc.

As for the tater hack, I am eating some taters every day now. Some days less, but it has helped me in many ways. Can't believe I feared the tater at one time!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Actually, it is Slap Ya Mama . It is a Cajun pepper sauce that is very popular in the south. I think it may be one of the only hot sauces that I have found without MSG. I love it and use it liberally. It says 0 cals, carbs, etc.

As for the tater hack, I am eating some taters every day now. Some days less, but it has helped me in many ways. Can't believe I feared the tater at one time!
I'll look for this SYM sauce at the grocery next time I am there. I really dislike grocery shopping so it'll be next week since I just went today.

You eat potatoes even on your UD's?

I have really avoided potatoes since I started LC and then when I did HCG. I have been afraid to add them back and a bit guilty considering that is what got me through my childhood and supported me! I do love potatoes!

I am hoping by adding them back that maybe eating any carbs won't cause me to bounce up which it seems to do now.

Thanks for your fun answers and support!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1427

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I've seen Slap Ya Mama at Savemart and at our local meat shop. They have seasonings, as well as sauce.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've seen Slap Ya Mama at Savemart and at our local meat shop. They have seasonings, as well as sauce.
Thanks! We don't have a Savemart near but I'll look during my next grocery outing for the sauce and seasonings. It seems like I always have to go to Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Pavillions or Albertsons.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

I've noticed that, when I can't seem to get full on the hack, I make myself chips or oven fries. The crunch seems to really help. I FINALLY figured out how to make the chips in the microwave thing work for me - my silicone mat. Still takes a bit of finangling but its getting the job done. I've experimented with salt & pepper, seasoning salt & ranch dressing powder as seasonings. They're all decent. You can also make a pseudo-ranch dip out of sprinkling powdered ranch dip onto fat free greek yogurt if you'd like a little something extra. Since the yogurt is FF, technically it should not interfere with the effects of the potato although there is some concern that adding extras interferes with the satiety portion of the program. Having said that, I know Ouiz has said she adds veggies at night, and I've done that as well.
Just some ideas.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I've noticed that, when I can't seem to get full on the hack, I make myself chips or oven fries. The crunch seems to really help. I FINALLY figured out how to make the chips in the microwave thing work for me - my silicone mat. Still takes a bit of finangling but its getting the job done. I've experimented with salt & pepper, seasoning salt & ranch dressing powder as seasonings. They're all decent. You can also make a pseudo-ranch dip out of sprinkling powdered ranch dip onto fat free greek yogurt if you'd like a little something extra. Since the yogurt is FF, technically it should not interfere with the effects of the potato although there is some concern that adding extras interferes with the satiety portion of the program. Having said that, I know Ouiz has said she adds veggies at night, and I've done that as well.
Just some ideas.

Thanks! I used your recipe for the potato slices baked in the broth. That was awesomely yummy Will have to do that one again. I have a silicone mat. How do you make the chips? Just thinly slice and put in micro? I love making the pepperoni chips that way. Those are awesome. I wonder if you could make them in the oven? I wonder how long in there? If anyone has tried them....let me know!! Oh, I guess I can look in the sticky we have.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks! I used your recipe for the potato slices baked in the broth. That was awesomely yummy Will have to do that one again. I have a silicone mat. How do you make the chips? Just thinly slice and put in micro? I love making the pepperoni chips that way. Those are awesome. I wonder if you could make them in the oven? I wonder how long in there? If anyone has tried them....let me know!! Oh, I guess I can look in the sticky we have.
Yah, I just peel & slice as thin as I can. I check them after 2-3 minutes, then flip. Keep checking every 2-3 minutes until done. They go from done to burnt very fast. In my hands, they are not all done at the same time, they finish in waves.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #1432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
So I'm thinking about going out and buying potatoes tonight and baking them all so I can try this hack tomorrow. My question is, for you that have done it, what's your energy/mood like during it?? I remember when I would try a day of just eggs man, I'd feel pooped by the end of the day. And kinda grumpy.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #1433
Big Yapper!!!!

I feel fine on potato days. I eat cold boiled potatoes with salt. I just do potato DD's though.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #1434
Major LCF Poster!

I also feel fine. However there are many who have reported a "hypoglycemic" type reaction. YMMV.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #1435
Senior LCF Member

OK! Thank you ladies!! I'm gonna experiment tomorrow. I'm trying to do a dd as well. I haven't been doing JUDDD, but tomorrow I'm going to start. I've been kinda doing it naturally anyways I notice. I'll try and be super strict on a diet and then the next day be soo hungry that I end up stuffing face! So, we'll see how this goes! Thanks again! I'll be sure to post any results.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #1436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
OK! Thank you ladies!! I'm gonna experiment tomorrow. I'm trying to do a dd as well. I haven't been doing JUDDD, but tomorrow I'm going to start.
This may be too late but the collective JUDDD wisdom is to start with an UD rather than a DD, to make sure that you're not hungry going into your DD.

As for the potato hack, again, the standard advice is that even on a DD, you don't count your calories for this, but eat to satiety and no further.

I had a tricky time eating enough calories during the potato hack because, for me, it obliterated my appetite. Because of this, I did have some days of feeling very cold and low energy, as would be a natural consequence of being so very low calorie that I was also (probably) in ketosis.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #1437
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! Yeah, yesterday kinda was an upday for me (ate too much) so that's why I'm starting with a DD. I baked 6 potatoes before I went to bed. I'm hoping that's enough to get me through work! Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #1438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG I bow to you. I cannot do this. I am so hungry!!! ... These last 2 days have been torture. Maybe it is because I have my family I need to feed as well. They are eating all sorts of yummy food and I sit with my piddly little potatoes I am bound and determined to do this because I see the scale being kind to me, but I wish it were easy
It was fairly straightforward for me to implement because my DH was away on a long business trip when I started and he continued to have very long working days after he returned, so I was able to continue it without disrupting our patterns that much at that time. So, yes, I'm sure it's different if you're dining with your family.

I don't think there's an easy way to predict response when it comes to appetite. Going into the hack I'd have bet a substantial amount of money on both potatoes and rice being triggers for me as I like them so much. Turns out that I'm wrong - I can eat vast quantities of both if they're prepared with fat or sugar but in the absence of these, emphatically not.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #1439

Quote:
It was fairly straightforward for me to implement because my DH was away on a long business trip when I started and he continued to have very long working days after he returned, so I was able to continue it without disrupting our patterns that much at that time. So, yes, I'm sure it's different if you're dining with your family.

I don't think there's an easy way to predict response when it comes to appetite. Going into the hack I'd have bet a substantial amount of money on both potatoes and rice being triggers for me as I like them so much. Turns out that I'm wrong - I can eat vast quantities of both if they're prepared with fat or sugar but in the absence of these, emphatically not.

I thought it was bad when my eldest son worked at Little Caesar's. He would bring pizza home. Not good when you are low carbing. Now he works 2 jobs---still the pizza place til his 2 weeks is completed and the movies. The bag of popcorn he brought home last night is large enough for the neighborhood and then some! I not only have a DH, but we have 4 children and they love to eat. And eat they do---all the time. So the smells, the food I have to look at. Well, let's just say that any diet is hard to stick to around here. The reason I have to be on a diet ALL THE TIME But I am doing this til Friday. I have started and will trudge on.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #1440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I am going to watch for the seasonings as well. I know the sauce says 0 cals, 0 carbs, but it has to have something. It goes well with any seafood or meat (shrimp, tilapia, chicken)

Here are the ingredients...

Aged Pepper Mash, Vinegar, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Garlic, Other Spices (Salt, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Garlic)
NO MSG, All Natural, Kosher
Closed Thread