Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #1381
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Ended up just getting a diet coke
Wow, that is C.O.N.T.R.O.L.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #1382
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Well, after doing 3 potato hack days, to give myself a mental sugar reset, I lost 5lbs, hit a new low, and a new decade at 129.5lbs I was expecting a bit of a woosh, but dang!

Ok, back to 5:2 and now aiming to keep my sugar under 25 grams a day
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #1383
Established

Has anyone tried salsa with potatoes? I just bought some that is fat free, 10 calories and 1 gram of sugar per 2 tbsp serving, so I think it would be safe to use on a potato day? Don't know how it would taste though
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I havent but I know others have. Adi & Ouiz, I think. Ouiz also recommended salsa con queso, the Target brand has the lowest fat we've been able to find. SCQ is awesome!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1385
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Has anyone tried salsa with potatoes? I just bought some that is fat free, 10 calories and 1 gram of sugar per 2 tbsp serving, so I think it would be safe to use on a potato day? Don't know how it would taste though
I do. BUT I use it on a baked potato along with LF cottage cheese. On potato DD's I just eat cold boiled potatoes with salt.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #1386
Major LCF Poster!

Sara,
There is also a potato thread on the paleo board in the LCF forum. In it I tracked my 7 day hack w a food diary to, among other things, figure out how much fat would be too much. I was thinking about this the other day when you asked about the Wendy's baked potato with 3.5g of fat. I can't remember exact numbers, you'll have to look & certainly YMMV but I think you will find that you can add a bit without an appreciable change in weight loss potential.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #1387
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I havent but I know others have. Adi & Ouiz, I think. Ouiz also recommended salsa con queso, the Target brand has the lowest fat we've been able to find. SCQ is awesome!
The kind I bought is fat free-Meijer Naturals, which is a store brand. Ok, going to try it on my supper potato
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #1388
Established

Quote:
Sara,
There is also a potato thread on the paleo board in the LCF forum. In it I tracked my 7 day hack w a food diary to, among other things, figure out how much fat would be too much. I was thinking about this the other day when you asked about the Wendy's baked potato with 3.5g of fat. I can't remember exact numbers, you'll have to look & certainly YMMV but I think you will find that you can add a bit without an appreciable change in weight loss potential.
Thanks, will have to check out the other thread I've decided to make my dds potato days, so I'd like to find some different ways to eat them!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #1389
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pavewife
I love Juddding! I decided to do potato DD's when my weight loss stalled my third week on the diet. My DD's are supposed to be 380 calories, but with potato DD's I probably eat more like 600 and still consistently drop after every DD. I eat 3 potatoes with ICBINB spray and fat free sour cream or cheese. Sometimes I have a bowl of salad in the evening as well. I went way over last night, and threw in a baked sweet potato, and was still down a pound this morning.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #1390
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavewife View Post
I love Juddding! I decided to do potato DD's when my weight loss stalled my third week on the diet. My DD's are supposed to be 380 calories, but with potato DD's I probably eat more like 600 and still consistently drop after every DD. I eat 3 potatoes with ICBINB spray and fat free sour cream or cheese. Sometimes I have a bowl of salad in the evening as well. I went way over last night, and threw in a baked sweet potato, and was still down a pound this morning.
Glad it's working for you! I'm going to do three more potato hack days next week
Old 04-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1391
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad it's working for you! I'm going to do three more potato hack days next week
Me too! Maybe even a few more! I weighed in at 173.5 this morning, and when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

What days are you doing? Maybe we can be hack buddies!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #1392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
...when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

You're going to need to amend your profile tagline to '2013 is the year of the potato-driven weight loss' or '2013, the Potato Chronicles'.

Do try the congee (rice soup) if your system is not yet fully recovered from your GI upset - it's remarkably soothing.

Congee recipes: Potato Hack on Paleo Blogs - Anyone Doing This?

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-21-2013 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: recipe link
Old 04-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #1393
Established

Quote:
Me too! Maybe even a few more! I weighed in at 173.5 this morning, and when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

Planning on Monday-Wednesday
Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #1394
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You're going to need to amend your profile tagline to '2013 is the year of the potato-driven weight loss' or '2013, the Potato Chronicles'.

Do try the congee (rice soup) if your system is not yet fully recovered from your GI upset - it's remarkably soothing.

Congee recipes: Potato Hack on Paleo Blogs - Anyone Doing This?
I know, I should do more to honor the all mighty potato!
I need to look into the rice congee more. I remember you talking about it. I just need to go find the right stuff and the time to do it. Excuses, excuses, I know. Since I have to work all week long I should do that this week.

Quote:
Planning on Monday-Wednesday
Definitely count me in!

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts today which is just dumb. Seems I can't read a chart and I've more than 4.5# to go to no longer be obese. I was shooting for 169# which is actually 30.9 BMI and "overweight" is 29.9. So that's 163.5#. Oh well. Its not like I wasn't headed there anyway just bummed its further away than I had originally thought.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

I got the rice and I made 1 batch, have a 2nd currently going. The first one I added ginger & a bit of cayenne. This one has chicken stock and ginger in it. Smells great, tasted awesome when I sipped a bit of it. I'm excited now for this week. Glad I spent the money on decent rice.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #1396
Established

Starting three days of the potato hack this morning After two uds in a row my weigh in this morning was 131.5lbs. Tom started today too
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #1397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Happy Monday to you all,

I love this WOE and plan to live like this for as long as I can, if not for the rest of my life. But I am stuck and need your help!

I've been on JUDDD for one month now and have lost 8 pounds. I am thrilled about the weight loss. Most of the weight came off just after my 2nd week.

In the last few weeks I have stalled and bounce up a pound after my UD and down a pound after a DD. I am frustrated, because this seems to be a pattern on any type of weight loss program I start. After an initial weight loss, I literally stay stuck at a setpoint for months and months -- even years, no joke. I blame it on severe insulin resistance.

At only 5'1" and 56 years old, I can no longer afford to have all this weight robbing me of my mobility and health. I want to succeed at JUDDD with all my heart and soul.

Today I thought I'd try the potato hack. It is my DD. Do I stick to eating my usual DD calories of 435, or do I eat until satisfied? I've read through the threads, but am still confused. Should I just try a one day (DD) potato hack or perhaps 3 or more days? Any thoughts? I am so scared that I am going to gain weight doing this.

Thanks for your help.

L/Cyn
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #1398
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Happy Monday to you all,

I love this WOE and plan to live like this for as long as I can, if not for the rest of my life. But I am stuck and need your help!

I've been on JUDDD for one month now and have lost 8 pounds. I am thrilled about the weight loss. Most of the weight came off just after my 2nd week.

In the last few weeks I have stalled and bounce up a pound after my UD and down a pound after a DD. I am frustrated, because this seems to be a pattern on any type of weight loss program I start. After an initial weight loss, I literally stay stuck at a setpoint for months and months -- even years, no joke. I blame it on severe insulin resistance.

At only 5'1" and 56 years old, I can no longer afford to have all this weight robbing me of my mobility and health. I want to succeed at JUDDD with all my heart and soul.

Today I thought I'd try the potato hack. It is my DD. Do I stick to eating my usual DD calories of 435, or do I eat until satisfied? I've read through the threads, but am still confused. Should I just try a one day (DD) potato hack or perhaps 3 or more days? Any thoughts? I am so scared that I am going to gain weight doing this.

Thanks for your help.

L/Cyn
I've done many potato hack days over the past few months and I've always lost weight and kept it off, with no regain (besides normal bounces after I get back on to regular uds). I do not count calories or try and limit the amount of potatoes I eat on these days, and tend to average 6 medium yellows per day. You could always start with one day and see how it goes, and then add more days if you want. Just remember, the key is to not eat fat with the potatoes. Safe condiments are ketchup, A-1 sauce, spices, mustard, salsa, icbnb spray etc. Simplicity is the idea of this hack

Last edited by mom23kids; 04-22-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1399
Senior LCF Member

Dear Mom23Kids (Sara?),

Thanks so much for clarifying for me. I am jazzed and looking forward to this day. I had some oven roasted fries this a.m. with curry powder and coffee. I plan to hop on my recumbent bike and take my little doggy for a brisk walk.

I also had some issues with my old bathroom scale, which seemed to register erratic weight fluctuations every time I stepped on the darn thing. Today a new scale just arrived, which had a good rating on Amazon, and when I stepped on it, it registered the same weight 3X in a row! Yay.

L/Cyn
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1400
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good luck Cyn! I hope this shakes things up for you. I'm thinking of doing another one soon if the scale doesn't start moving on its own. Last time I did 3 days in a row. I just ate until I was satisfied. Be careful on the no-fat condiments, as I believe it's important that there's not a lot of sugar. Salsa seems to be okay, a little ketchup or A1, but don't overdo it or you might negate all the powerful potato stuff that's supposed to happen. Let us know how it goes!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1401
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, LowCarbGal.

I think I will go ahead and try a 3 day hack. I appreciate and will follow your advice on condiments, keeping it as simple and sugar/fat-free as possible.

I am glad to see you and so many others JUDDD friends succeeding on the hack and on JUDDD in general. It is very inspiring.

Best,

Cyn
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #1402
Major LCF Poster!

Just FYI - there are some people who gain initially on the potato hack if they've been doing low carb. There was a thread where we discussed this with Svenska.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #1403
Established

Down a pound this morning, at 130.5, which was the bounce from my ud weekend. Looking at my weight chart I've been hovering in the 130-131.5 range for a while, so I'm hoping two more potato days gets me solidly in the high 120s, in spite of tom!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #1404
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Starting three days of the potato hack this morning After two uds in a row my weigh in this morning was 131.5lbs. Tom started today too
Ugh I'm having TOM myself. I just don't plan on even weighing until it's over. I'm on my second potato day so I'm excited to see how it goes. Yesterday was a DD potato day, so today I'm planning on having more. I put greek yogurt in mine and a little broth to moisten. Hope that doesn't mess it up.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #1405
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Hiya guys!

Just wanted to see if anyone is keeping up with this thread and can throw me some thoughts or opinions.

I am three days into my 3rd potato hack and I'm just wondering about a go-forward plan. One of the things that I have issues with on JUDDD or any other really restricted plan is trying to work around social occasions and/or eating with family/friends. At work I am usually fine but after and at home, I find it challenging, so I am trying to figure out how to make potatoes work for me in the long run, since I truly believe that incorporating them is in my best interests. I know some folks have split up their pd's and added other meals but I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on the following.

Usually for breakfast, I have bulletproof coffee (2T Kerrygold, a splash of HWC), somewhere around 250 calories, at around 7:30-8am. I might have more coffee later but if I do, I drink it black. This holds me until noon+, regardless of what I am eating otherwise, so 4+ hours between fat and starch. I love cold potatoes with just malt vinegar and s&p so I'd like to have those for lunch. I usually end up eating 2-3 medium baked russet potatoes (around 3/4 pound I think), skin on, somewhere around 350 calories. Bringing me to around 600 for the day so far.

I'd like to eat a "normal" dinner with my friends/family at around 7pm (so 6+ hours between potatoes and dinner). But I'm trying to get some thoughts on what that might look like in relation to the other two meals. For me, "normal" means paleo'ish and organic when I can afford it. Home cooked meats, poultry, and seafood, generally baked, broiled, pan fried, or bbq'd. I tend to favor pork loin (sous vide with added fat), steak or 85/15 hamburger, chicken thighs, salmon, swai, or scallops. A green or cruciferous veggie of some sort--roasted, steamed with butter, or raw--green beans, broccoli/broccolini, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, bok choy, asparagus, spinach, baby greens, etc. Sometimes I will add a small (<1/2c) helping of rice, quinoa, couscous or potato (sweet, white or red). Sometimes I will have fruit for dessert or a glass of wine or a small piece of gluten-free dessert. I don't usually eat wheat but other than that, no food issues.

So I guess my REAL question is... if I go with BP coffee for breakfast and potatoes for lunch, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with what that "normal" dinner should look like? Should I try to restrict protein or fat portions? Should I leave out the starch at dinner? Should I leave out the starch at dinner IF I have fruit or wine? If it makes a difference, I am 45 y/o, 5'9", hypothyroid/hypoadrenal (and on meds for both--thus incorporating potatoes), weight somewhere between 140 and 150 right now, so at goal, and not necessarily trying to LOSE, just trying to maintain.

Sorry for the book but wanted to see if anyone had any input! Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1406
Major LCF Poster!

Pirate Jenny does this. She eats potatoes for lunch & a normal paleo/PHD-type dinner. I don't think it matters what you eat as long as there is a large enough window between the coffee & the potatoes & then dinner. 4 hours seems to be the general consensus although you'd likely be able to eat dinner sooner than 4 hours after the potatoes. But I would not eat the potatoes any closer than 4 hours after fat as fats are digested slower than carbs.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #1407
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I am going to try this tomorrow. I am looking forward to a week's worth of potatoes!!! I have been saying I am going to do this, and then the time never comes. So just going to do it!! Have to get potatoes first though LOL. Being an Atkins girl I cannot tell you the last time I have bought a potato. Looking forward to tomorrow and this coming week.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #1408
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Pirate Jenny does this. She eats potatoes for lunch & a normal paleo/PHD-type dinner. I don't think it matters what you eat as long as there is a large enough window between the coffee & the potatoes & then dinner. 4 hours seems to be the general consensus although you'd likely be able to eat dinner sooner than 4 hours after the potatoes. But I would not eat the potatoes any closer than 4 hours after fat as fats are digested slower than carbs.
Thanks Yennie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am going to try this tomorrow. I am looking forward to a week's worth of potatoes!!! I have been saying I am going to do this, and then the time never comes. So just going to do it!! Have to get potatoes first though LOL. Being an Atkins girl I cannot tell you the last time I have bought a potato. Looking forward to tomorrow and this coming week.
Dawn - a couple of days worth works at least as well as multiple correction days and it really does keep you full and happy a lot longer. I've dropped 6 pounds since Wednesday morning . So really 3 perfect potato days. Also no cravings for booze or sugar.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #1409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Thanks Yennie!

Dawn - a couple of days worth works at least as well as multiple correction days and it really does keep you full and happy a lot longer. I've dropped 6 pounds since Wednesday morning . So really 3 perfect potato days. Also no cravings for booze or sugar.
Shelby, I can't tell you how many folks I have read that say the same thing about taters. NO cravings. Satisfied. It is like the perfect food in this manner. Congrats on your success!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #1410
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Thanks Yennie!

I cannot wait for that I am excited to see what happens to me. I am hoping that I will get the best results and not crappy ones I have seen some receive.
Closed Thread