Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #1381
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavewife View Post
I love Juddding! I decided to do potato DD's when my weight loss stalled my third week on the diet. My DD's are supposed to be 380 calories, but with potato DD's I probably eat more like 600 and still consistently drop after every DD. I eat 3 potatoes with ICBINB spray and fat free sour cream or cheese. Sometimes I have a bowl of salad in the evening as well. I went way over last night, and threw in a baked sweet potato, and was still down a pound this morning.
Glad it's working for you! I'm going to do three more potato hack days next week
mom23kids is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #1382
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Glad it's working for you! I'm going to do three more potato hack days next week
Me too! Maybe even a few more! I weighed in at 173.5 this morning, and when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

What days are you doing? Maybe we can be hack buddies!
Yennie is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,950
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
...when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

What days are you doing? Maybe we can be hack buddies!
You're going to need to amend your profile tagline to '2013 is the year of the potato-driven weight loss' or '2013, the Potato Chronicles'.

Do try the congee (rice soup) if your system is not yet fully recovered from your GI upset - it's remarkably soothing.

Congee recipes: Potato Hack on Paleo Blogs - Anyone Doing This?

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-21-2013 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: recipe link
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #1384
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Me too! Maybe even a few more! I weighed in at 173.5 this morning, and when I hit 169 I will no longer be "obese". I had over-ambitiously set my goal to be at 169 by the end of the month. The only way those last 4.5# are coming off, and staying off, in 1 week is to potato hack it!

What days are you doing? Maybe we can be hack buddies!
Planning on Monday-Wednesday
mom23kids is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #1385
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You're going to need to amend your profile tagline to '2013 is the year of the potato-driven weight loss' or '2013, the Potato Chronicles'.

Do try the congee (rice soup) if your system is not yet fully recovered from your GI upset - it's remarkably soothing.

Congee recipes: Potato Hack on Paleo Blogs - Anyone Doing This?
I know, I should do more to honor the all mighty potato!
I need to look into the rice congee more. I remember you talking about it. I just need to go find the right stuff and the time to do it. Excuses, excuses, I know. Since I have to work all week long I should do that this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Planning on Monday-Wednesday
Definitely count me in!

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts today which is just dumb. Seems I can't read a chart and I've more than 4.5# to go to no longer be obese. I was shooting for 169# which is actually 30.9 BMI and "overweight" is 29.9. So that's 163.5#. Oh well. Its not like I wasn't headed there anyway just bummed its further away than I had originally thought.
__________________

*****************************************
My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #1386
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

Do try the congee (rice soup) if your system is not yet fully recovered from your GI upset - it's remarkably soothing.
I got the rice and I made 1 batch, have a 2nd currently going. The first one I added ginger & a bit of cayenne. This one has chicken stock and ginger in it. Smells great, tasted awesome when I sipped a bit of it. I'm excited now for this week. Glad I spent the money on decent rice.
Yennie is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #1387
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Starting three days of the potato hack this morning After two uds in a row my weigh in this morning was 131.5lbs. Tom started today too
mom23kids is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #1388
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 163
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Happy Monday to you all,

I love this WOE and plan to live like this for as long as I can, if not for the rest of my life. But I am stuck and need your help!

I've been on JUDDD for one month now and have lost 8 pounds. I am thrilled about the weight loss. Most of the weight came off just after my 2nd week.

In the last few weeks I have stalled and bounce up a pound after my UD and down a pound after a DD. I am frustrated, because this seems to be a pattern on any type of weight loss program I start. After an initial weight loss, I literally stay stuck at a setpoint for months and months -- even years, no joke. I blame it on severe insulin resistance.

At only 5'1" and 56 years old, I can no longer afford to have all this weight robbing me of my mobility and health. I want to succeed at JUDDD with all my heart and soul.

Today I thought I'd try the potato hack. It is my DD. Do I stick to eating my usual DD calories of 435, or do I eat until satisfied? I've read through the threads, but am still confused. Should I just try a one day (DD) potato hack or perhaps 3 or more days? Any thoughts? I am so scared that I am going to gain weight doing this.

Thanks for your help.

L/Cyn
Never Too Late is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #1389
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Happy Monday to you all,

I love this WOE and plan to live like this for as long as I can, if not for the rest of my life. But I am stuck and need your help!

I've been on JUDDD for one month now and have lost 8 pounds. I am thrilled about the weight loss. Most of the weight came off just after my 2nd week.

In the last few weeks I have stalled and bounce up a pound after my UD and down a pound after a DD. I am frustrated, because this seems to be a pattern on any type of weight loss program I start. After an initial weight loss, I literally stay stuck at a setpoint for months and months -- even years, no joke. I blame it on severe insulin resistance.

At only 5'1" and 56 years old, I can no longer afford to have all this weight robbing me of my mobility and health. I want to succeed at JUDDD with all my heart and soul.

Today I thought I'd try the potato hack. It is my DD. Do I stick to eating my usual DD calories of 435, or do I eat until satisfied? I've read through the threads, but am still confused. Should I just try a one day (DD) potato hack or perhaps 3 or more days? Any thoughts? I am so scared that I am going to gain weight doing this.

Thanks for your help.

L/Cyn
I've done many potato hack days over the past few months and I've always lost weight and kept it off, with no regain (besides normal bounces after I get back on to regular uds). I do not count calories or try and limit the amount of potatoes I eat on these days, and tend to average 6 medium yellows per day. You could always start with one day and see how it goes, and then add more days if you want. Just remember, the key is to not eat fat with the potatoes. Safe condiments are ketchup, A-1 sauce, spices, mustard, salsa, icbnb spray etc. Simplicity is the idea of this hack

Last edited by mom23kids; 04-22-2013 at 09:48 AM..
mom23kids is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #1390
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 163
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Dear Mom23Kids (Sara?),

Thanks so much for clarifying for me. I am jazzed and looking forward to this day. I had some oven roasted fries this a.m. with curry powder and coffee. I plan to hop on my recumbent bike and take my little doggy for a brisk walk.

I also had some issues with my old bathroom scale, which seemed to register erratic weight fluctuations every time I stepped on the darn thing. Today a new scale just arrived, which had a good rating on Amazon, and when I stepped on it, it registered the same weight 3X in a row! Yay.

L/Cyn
Never Too Late is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1391
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,442
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Good luck Cyn! I hope this shakes things up for you. I'm thinking of doing another one soon if the scale doesn't start moving on its own. Last time I did 3 days in a row. I just ate until I was satisfied. Be careful on the no-fat condiments, as I believe it's important that there's not a lot of sugar. Salsa seems to be okay, a little ketchup or A1, but don't overdo it or you might negate all the powerful potato stuff that's supposed to happen. Let us know how it goes!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #1392
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 163
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Thanks, LowCarbGal.

I think I will go ahead and try a 3 day hack. I appreciate and will follow your advice on condiments, keeping it as simple and sugar/fat-free as possible.

I am glad to see you and so many others JUDDD friends succeeding on the hack and on JUDDD in general. It is very inspiring.

Best,

Cyn
Never Too Late is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1393
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Just FYI - there are some people who gain initially on the potato hack if they've been doing low carb. There was a thread where we discussed this with Svenska.
Yennie is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #1394
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,489
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Down a pound this morning, at 130.5, which was the bounce from my ud weekend. Looking at my weight chart I've been hovering in the 130-131.5 range for a while, so I'm hoping two more potato days gets me solidly in the high 120s, in spite of tom!
mom23kids is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Starting three days of the potato hack this morning After two uds in a row my weigh in this morning was 131.5lbs. Tom started today too
Ugh I'm having TOM myself. I just don't plan on even weighing until it's over. I'm on my second potato day so I'm excited to see how it goes. Yesterday was a DD potato day, so today I'm planning on having more. I put greek yogurt in mine and a little broth to moisten. Hope that doesn't mess it up.
JMBM is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #1396
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Hiya guys!

Just wanted to see if anyone is keeping up with this thread and can throw me some thoughts or opinions.

I am three days into my 3rd potato hack and I'm just wondering about a go-forward plan. One of the things that I have issues with on JUDDD or any other really restricted plan is trying to work around social occasions and/or eating with family/friends. At work I am usually fine but after and at home, I find it challenging, so I am trying to figure out how to make potatoes work for me in the long run, since I truly believe that incorporating them is in my best interests. I know some folks have split up their pd's and added other meals but I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on the following.

Usually for breakfast, I have bulletproof coffee (2T Kerrygold, a splash of HWC), somewhere around 250 calories, at around 7:30-8am. I might have more coffee later but if I do, I drink it black. This holds me until noon+, regardless of what I am eating otherwise, so 4+ hours between fat and starch. I love cold potatoes with just malt vinegar and s&p so I'd like to have those for lunch. I usually end up eating 2-3 medium baked russet potatoes (around 3/4 pound I think), skin on, somewhere around 350 calories. Bringing me to around 600 for the day so far.

I'd like to eat a "normal" dinner with my friends/family at around 7pm (so 6+ hours between potatoes and dinner). But I'm trying to get some thoughts on what that might look like in relation to the other two meals. For me, "normal" means paleo'ish and organic when I can afford it. Home cooked meats, poultry, and seafood, generally baked, broiled, pan fried, or bbq'd. I tend to favor pork loin (sous vide with added fat), steak or 85/15 hamburger, chicken thighs, salmon, swai, or scallops. A green or cruciferous veggie of some sort--roasted, steamed with butter, or raw--green beans, broccoli/broccolini, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, bok choy, asparagus, spinach, baby greens, etc. Sometimes I will add a small (<1/2c) helping of rice, quinoa, couscous or potato (sweet, white or red). Sometimes I will have fruit for dessert or a glass of wine or a small piece of gluten-free dessert. I don't usually eat wheat but other than that, no food issues.

So I guess my REAL question is... if I go with BP coffee for breakfast and potatoes for lunch, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with what that "normal" dinner should look like? Should I try to restrict protein or fat portions? Should I leave out the starch at dinner? Should I leave out the starch at dinner IF I have fruit or wine? If it makes a difference, I am 45 y/o, 5'9", hypothyroid/hypoadrenal (and on meds for both--thus incorporating potatoes), weight somewhere between 140 and 150 right now, so at goal, and not necessarily trying to LOSE, just trying to maintain.

Sorry for the book but wanted to see if anyone had any input! Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
__________________
Pre-hhCG cleanse (P1) - 01/03/11, 12 days, 210->200
hhCG round 1 - 01/15/11, 32 days, drops, 10/10/10, 200->175
hhCG round 2 - 04/15/11, 38 days, drops & pellets, 10/4/10, 177->154
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
shelbyla is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #1397
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Pirate Jenny does this. She eats potatoes for lunch & a normal paleo/PHD-type dinner. I don't think it matters what you eat as long as there is a large enough window between the coffee & the potatoes & then dinner. 4 hours seems to be the general consensus although you'd likely be able to eat dinner sooner than 4 hours after the potatoes. But I would not eat the potatoes any closer than 4 hours after fat as fats are digested slower than carbs.
Yennie is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #1398
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,285
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I am going to try this tomorrow. I am looking forward to a week's worth of potatoes!!! I have been saying I am going to do this, and then the time never comes. So just going to do it!! Have to get potatoes first though LOL. Being an Atkins girl I cannot tell you the last time I have bought a potato. Looking forward to tomorrow and this coming week.
dawnyama is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #1399
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Pirate Jenny does this. She eats potatoes for lunch & a normal paleo/PHD-type dinner. I don't think it matters what you eat as long as there is a large enough window between the coffee & the potatoes & then dinner. 4 hours seems to be the general consensus although you'd likely be able to eat dinner sooner than 4 hours after the potatoes. But I would not eat the potatoes any closer than 4 hours after fat as fats are digested slower than carbs.
Thanks Yennie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am going to try this tomorrow. I am looking forward to a week's worth of potatoes!!! I have been saying I am going to do this, and then the time never comes. So just going to do it!! Have to get potatoes first though LOL. Being an Atkins girl I cannot tell you the last time I have bought a potato. Looking forward to tomorrow and this coming week.
Dawn - a couple of days worth works at least as well as multiple correction days and it really does keep you full and happy a lot longer. I've dropped 6 pounds since Wednesday morning . So really 3 perfect potato days. Also no cravings for booze or sugar.
shelbyla is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #1400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Thanks Yennie!



Dawn - a couple of days worth works at least as well as multiple correction days and it really does keep you full and happy a lot longer. I've dropped 6 pounds since Wednesday morning . So really 3 perfect potato days. Also no cravings for booze or sugar.
Shelby, I can't tell you how many folks I have read that say the same thing about taters. NO cravings. Satisfied. It is like the perfect food in this manner. Congrats on your success!
sunday is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #1401
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,285
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Thanks Yennie!



Dawn - a couple of days worth works at least as well as multiple correction days and it really does keep you full and happy a lot longer. I've dropped 6 pounds since Wednesday morning . So really 3 perfect potato days. Also no cravings for booze or sugar.
I cannot wait for that I am excited to see what happens to me. I am hoping that I will get the best results and not crappy ones I have seen some receive.
dawnyama is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #1402
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I cannot wait for that I am excited to see what happens to me. I am hoping that I will get the best results and not crappy ones I have seen some receive.
Dawn - make sure you give it a few perfect days. On my first hack, I didn't see big weight loss numbers but BOY did it sure help down the line in taking away a lot of my cravings and making my body more tolerant of alcohol, starches and even some sugars. I think you probably read my summary up-thread from my first hack but let your body get used to the starches--it will take a few days--but I think you'll be happy at the end, especially if you get the craving suppression and the weight tolerance later. And don't be discouraged if you cave to something on day 1. It often happens to me, for some reason! After day 1, I usually don't have any trouble. Good luck! Btw, wanted to share a baking tip that I got from someone (can't remember who???). Stick potatoes in a cold oven, turn on to 400, leave in there for 60-75 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes). Voila! Baked potatoes, zero effort.

Update from me. Made it through the weekend on potatoes only and even made some plantain chips (almost 100% resistant starch) which my body seems to be ok with as I was down almost 8 pounds as of this morning (5 day hack). I'll be hacking up until about 7pm tonight when I will have a normal meal, PHD style, with bf. Fingers-crossed that a) my body will be ok with some non-potato protein tonight and b) that it doesn't give me a bounce up!
shelbyla is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #1403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,950
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Dawn - make sure you give it a few perfect days. On my first hack, I didn't see big weight loss numbers but BOY did it sure help down the line in taking away a lot of my cravings ...

Update from me. Made it through the weekend on potatoes only and even made some plantain chips (almost 100% resistant starch)
I think the most surprising benefit that I got from my potato hack is that I haven't been hungry since early March.

My DH is on a 3 day potato hack and will then be having potato DDs. I made dehydrated plantain chips for him (I'd marinaded them in hot sauce before drying them) and he likes them. Did you dehydrate or oven bake your plantains?
SlowSure is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1404
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,285
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Thanks Shelby!! Great tips! And even better results for you. That is fabulous and I hope to be just as successful. Day 1 was OK. I got through it and it was easy since I had work. Kept me off of feeling hungry/wanting to eat. I am down a lb. Now today......I am eating!! And eating and eating!!! But I will eat, just only potatoes. I made a stupid, stupid mistake last night. I was making a recipe in the sticky above and was slicing the potatoes on my mandolin.....withOUT the guard on the potato. So my thumb got sliced along with my potato. Never again will I NOT use the guard the slicer came with!!!! Let that be a warning to everyone--use the guard, it is very important. But the taters are very yummy!!!
__________________
Dawn in SC
dawnyama is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1405
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I think the most surprising benefit that I got from my potato hack is that I haven't been hungry since early March.

My DH is on a 3 day potato hack and will then be having potato DDs. I made dehydrated plantain chips for him (I'd marinaded them in hot sauce before drying them) and he likes them. Did you dehydrate or oven bake your plantains?
Oven baked as I don't have a dehydrator. And they took FOREVER! Next time, I'll put them in before I go to bed so they can dry out overnight! They are pretty darn yummy so I'm a bit on the fence about them. They were REALLY green on the outside but they still taste a bit sweet so I think that may be what is setting me off. Heaven knows I don't need ANOTHER food item that I can't resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Thanks Shelby!! Great tips! And even better results for you. That is fabulous and I hope to be just as successful. Day 1 was OK. I got through it and it was easy since I had work. Kept me off of feeling hungry/wanting to eat. I am down a lb. Now today......I am eating!! And eating and eating!!! But I will eat, just only potatoes. I made a stupid, stupid mistake last night. I was making a recipe in the sticky above and was slicing the potatoes on my mandolin.....withOUT the guard on the potato. So my thumb got sliced along with my potato. Never again will I NOT use the guard the slicer came with!!!! Let that be a warning to everyone--use the guard, it is very important. But the taters are very yummy!!!
Yay Dawn! Congrats on getting thru day 1! That's always the toughest one for me. Keep us posted on how it goes for you. I've eaten as much as 2 pounds of taters per day and had good luck although I WILL admit that if I keep to eating until satisfied as opposed to full, it works better for weight loss.

Sorry to hear about the thumb! Ouchie!
shelbyla is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #1406
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,597
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Bought 20# Costco bag & will be putting on a pot of rice congee tomorrow. I did well after my last tater hack but the last couple weeks have been bad. Bouncing the same 3# and I Can. Not. Get. Full!! DDs are torture, UDs make me crazy cuz I just wanna eat, eat, eat!!! Time for another tater (and rice) hack to settle down the cravings & start the scale moving.
Yennie is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #1407
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
Tater DD's are good for water weight loss too. I dropped 4.4 pounds this morning due to my potato DD yesterday. But it will be a regular UD today and a potato DD tomorrow since I have a new supply of Yukon golds all boiled and in the frig.
adillenal is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1408
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
So yesterday I had BP coffee for breakfast, taters for lunch, and a normal paleo'ish/PHD dinner yesterday with chicken thighs, lots of green beans with butter, a very small portion of coconut milk brown rice (going to make this with white basmati next time but the brown was still yum!), and an almond butter cream cheese swirl brownie. My goodness...I thought I had died an gone to non-potato heaven! And the best part? Down another pound today--and that's with no visit from Bernice! Repeating today to see if it was just a fluke...
shelbyla is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #1409
Senior LCF Member
 
vickismc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So California
Posts: 167
Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quick question:

I'm thinking of doing PH for my next few DD's to see how it works for me. I gained 5lbs over the weekend, 3 UD's, 2 of those unplanned! I've lost 3 of those 5lbs but I want to get the other 2 off and whatever I gain from my UD today. Do you eat up to your DD cals on a Potato Hack DD? Or do you eat more cals?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
vickismc is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,950
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
. Do you eat up to your DD cals on a Potato Hack DD? Or do you eat more cals?
The standard advice is to disregard the calories and eat to satiety.

The potatoes so modified my appetite that I had a hard time making my DD calories on them, never mind my UDs (albeit I did a 28 day hack).
SlowSure is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.