Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #1261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
It totally works if you stick to it! My weight went up today, but I know whay. As I said, Sunday was beach day. Then yesterday, I was prepared but not enough... My boss had food poisining, so I had to watch the shop from 7.30 am and close it at 7pm. Not enough potatoes to get me through. So nibbled on nuts, then got home exhausted and ate some bbq chicken
Today has been a mainly potato day. Have still had a few nuts which completely knocks the no-fat thing out of this hack, but

All the same, love the full feeling I get from potatoes. And....just discovered kipfler potatoes! OMG

x - I also like the 'freeing' feeling or taking a day or 2 off Judd. Think I am due for a proper DD tomorrow and actually looking forward to it after my break

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #1262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
I gained 6.4 total lbs....and beyond bloated. So......i'm going back to regular paleo LC juddd rotations. I did get so full on the taters...i just don't think they are for me
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #1263
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Bummer Theresa! Hopefully as you lose the water bloat, some fat pounds will join in and come off too. Sorry this didn't work so good for you!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #1264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Bummer Theresa! Hopefully as you lose the water bloat, some fat pounds will join in and come off too. Sorry this didn't work so good for you!
Thank you! I was hoping and super glad that it worked for others!! I really bloat up like a blow fish when i eat starches....but then again, here lately i have been sensitive to EVERYTHING! air seems to bother me!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #1265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Xexist
I forgot to bring my lunch to work today, so heres to hoping I can get through the day without hunger getting too bad!

Had a bowl of soup this morning for breakky without about a half pound of potatoes so heres hoping.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #1266
Senior LCF Member

I had a coffee this morning and have 550g of potatoes cooked and cooled as chips for lunch. Have had a few days off the hack due to unforeseen circumstances, but need a couple of low cal days before the weekend. So today and tomorrow the plan is about 1000 cal in mostly potatoes. Also, I did notice my circulation was better after the 2 and a half days I did potatoes only. Interesting.....
I'm due for TOM Monday, so also curious to see if this may help with cramps. Have a good day everyone
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #1267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
I gained 6.4 total lbs....and beyond bloated. So......i'm going back to regular paleo LC juddd rotations. I did get so full on the taters...i just don't think they are for me
That sucks for you!!!
I had that happen to me when I did low carb. It was absolutely awful, I feel your pain. Our bodies are so strange, we so want to believe things will work. I read the atkins book (72 and current) 2 times each during my 5 months LC. Followed it to a T and gained 4 kg.
I wish you the best in finding what works for you
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #1268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
If you are going from low to high carb, an initial gain of 7 lbs is what rehydrating your cells looks like. Should come back off quickly.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #1269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
If you are going from low to high carb, an initial gain of 7 lbs is what rehydrating your cells looks like. Should come back off quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
That sucks for you!!!
I had that happen to me when I did low carb. It was absolutely awful, I feel your pain. Our bodies are so strange, we so want to believe things will work. I read the atkins book (72 and current) 2 times each during my 5 months LC. Followed it to a T and gained 4 kg.
I wish you the best in finding what works for you
Thank ya'll! I think the "non bathroom ability" is only adding to the bloat. I am not sure what to do lol I have about 3,000,000,000 plans rolling around in my head!

I am not going to get back on my scale, today is a dd an quite frankly i had about 3 ud in a row! Two of which were up up up and totally away (think OZ) kind of days! Back on track though. THIS is my plan of attack though....PLEASE correct me or feedback if you all see disasters ahead! lol
I really LOVE eating paleo (except i will not give up 100% of my dairy....i have cut WAY back though!) AND follow juddd rotations. I have been reading a LOT on the nutritional ketosis....not sure if it is doable to combine all three woe. Do they meld together? I tracked yesterday and todays plan in my online fitness tracker and so far, the juddd and NK work together and of course, paleo is just the food choices.

What do ya'll think?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #1270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Ya'll have been so inspiring, I decided to try this potato hack thing. . . . . the first day was a dd and I was surprised how many little potato's I could eat for 200 calories.
Had coffee then waited four hours to start with the potato's - about 4pm I ate one little boiled red potato each hour with salt/pepper, went to bed as satisfied as usual on a dd. Saw .8# drop on the scale - which had been stuck for a week or so, that was nice.

The next day I planned to eat 1200 calories of potato's - kept putting them on the scale until no more would fit, ended with about 1000gm of potato's - that's a lot of potato's! Not quite 1200 calories, but no worries. Boiled them up, and ate a couple with salt and pepper right away. Got quite full.

A couple of hours later, mashed one in a non-stick pan and 'fried' it in spray oil. Ate it with a bit of sugar free ketchup. Then ate another one later with salt/pepper. Tummy felt a bit quesy, couldn't face anymore potato's, wasn't hungry - don't think I ate more than 500 calories - estimate it to be closer to 400.

The next morning, was down 1#! This is phenomenal for me, I'm NEVER down a whole pound in one day, much less 1.8# in two days!!! Hmmm, might have to try this again. Don't think I could do more than 2 days in a row.

This is a fabulous hack to have in the tool kit. Not very comfortable, but sure was effective!

ETA: I don't know how it works, but the binge monster is easier to control today. Lately my UD's have turned into UUAD's, but I feel content today and not shaky like I expected. Very interesting, positive results so far.

Last edited by Luv2Eat; 02-21-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #1271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/231/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Rochester just posted about how he finally solved his constipation problem with chicken broth.

I had never heard of this but upon googling it is apparently a remedy

And goes well with mashed potatoes
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #1272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Thank ya'll! I think the "non bathroom ability" is only adding to the bloat. I am not sure what to do lol I have about 3,000,000,000 plans rolling around in my head!

I am not going to get back on my scale, today is a dd an quite frankly i had about 3 ud in a row! Two of which were up up up and totally away (think OZ) kind of days! Back on track though. THIS is my plan of attack though....PLEASE correct me or feedback if you all see disasters ahead! lol
I really LOVE eating paleo (except i will not give up 100% of my dairy....i have cut WAY back though!) AND follow juddd rotations. I have been reading a LOT on the nutritional ketosis....not sure if it is doable to combine all three woe. Do they meld together? I tracked yesterday and todays plan in my online fitness tracker and so far, the juddd and NK work together and of course, paleo is just the food choices.

What do ya'll think?
I've been doing a combination of NK, primal (paleo plus dairy), and JUDDD. It is possible to do it; I've done so for 4 months. I may rethink what I eat on down days, however, to include more protein, though I find fluids only DDs (tea plus half and half, lemon water) the easiest. The key thing in NK is to limit protein as well as carbs, so I was doing under 60 grams of protein per day on my up days ... But if I don't eat protein on my down days, that's only about 30 grams of protein per day on average, and I don't think that's adequate. So my plan is to go to lean-protein-heavy down days and continue to limit protein and carbs on my up days ... I'm also planning a potato hack, but I'm nervous that I may just gain lots of water, since I've been eating low carb for over a year.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #1273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Svenska - if you do try the potato hack and happen to go up in weight...well, just tell yourself it is just fluid or something else. You didn't eat ___ extra potatoes!

1 pound = 35 extra potatoes

2 pounds = 70 extra potatoes

5 pounds = 175 extra potatoes, LOL!!!

There is no way you can overeat on the potato hack.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I've been doing a combination of NK, primal (paleo plus dairy), and JUDDD. It is possible to do it; I've done so for 4 months. I may rethink what I eat on down days, however, to include more protein, though I find fluids only DDs (tea plus half and half, lemon water) the easiest. The key thing in NK is to limit protein as well as carbs, so I was doing under 60 grams of protein per day on my up days ... But if I don't eat protein on my down days, that's only about 30 grams of protein per day on average, and I don't think that's adequate. So my plan is to go to lean-protein-heavy down days and continue to limit protein and carbs on my up days ... I'm also planning a potato hack, but I'm nervous that I may just gain lots of water, since I've been eating low carb for over a year.
thanks!! good to know! i still can't get a handle of dd! it isn't hungry type eating....more craving/mental!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Svenska - if you do try the potato hack and happen to go up in weight...well, just tell yourself it is just fluid or something else. You didn't eat ___ extra potatoes!

1 pound = 35 extra potatoes

2 pounds = 70 extra potatoes

5 pounds = 175 extra potatoes, LOL!!!

There is no way you can overeat on the potato hack.
lol...that would be tater over kill! lol thank you for all of your insight and help!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #1275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have potato days planned for Sunday and Monday! Is it weird that I'm kind of excited for them??

Have to switch my days this week and instead of doing a MD I'm going to do 700-800 cals of potatoes both days.

My favs are cold baby reds, a1 or mustard and hashbrowns with SF ketchup.

Can't wait!!

Shoot at this point I'm craving potatoes so bad I wish I could give up my UD tomorrow... but BF is coming home after being gone a week and I'm looking forward to having a nice "normal" dinner with him
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1276
Senior LCF Member

Ok, had to come back and report. I had several up days in a row (or over mediums! lol) and didn't want to weigh today but i did anyway! I am down 6lbs of the "bloat" i incurred from eating the potatoes. Maybe my body was in extreme shock from the introduction of starch after years of not going near the stuff! I am going to do really good ud/dd rotations (if i can make it through tonights wedding!)

I wonder what my body would do if i tried to do more dd in a row w/ potatoes??? hmmmmm
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #1277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is there a variation of JUDDD for eating up on the weekends only? I seem to be eating on weekends and dieting during the week.

I am down another pound this week after being off on Valentine's Day for, well 3 days, and gobblign chocolates! 198 now!

I read a cool recipe last night for potatoes - you take your potatoes you have stocked up on by boiling or baking, cube them up, brown the cubes in taco seasoning, then eat with salsa and cilantro! Yum!!!

I admit the recipe had avocado and tortillas involved, which I will ignore. I am reading through McDougall's site for ideas since he advocates starch diet.

I still have not tried the pizza sauce idea, will do!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #1278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Great that the the 6 pounds whet away Theresa! I hope the wedding is fun.

Sounds like you enjoyed Valentines Day Key Tones and got to lose a bit! I decided to skip the chocolates this year and now I want chocolate. Maybe it is all the Easter chocolate calling to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #1279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok, had to come back and report. I had several up days in a row (or over mediums! lol) and didn't want to weigh today but i did anyway! I am down 6lbs of the "bloat" i incurred from eating the potatoes. Maybe my body was in extreme shock from the introduction of starch after years of not going near the stuff! I am going to do really good ud/dd rotations (if i can make it through tonights wedding!)

I wonder what my body would do if i tried to do more dd in a row w/ potatoes??? hmmmmm
Teresa - I knew it could not possibly be the potatoes! I definitely ignore the first 3 days of scale on the hack...Day 4 or 5 - it gets interesting!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #1280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post

Have to switch my days this week and instead of doing a MD I'm going to do 700-800 cals of potatoes both days.
I did this too, instead of 2 UDs or a MD (which I just could not wrap my head around).

I also do potatoes only on my DDs, its like a mini-hack. My body must have done all its stupid stuff when I switched from Atkins Induction to JUDDD and gotten the fat burning mode switched on because I'm down 0.5-1# almost every time I weigh --> Which is only 1-2 times per week because I use our super accurate digital scale at work. Then I KNOW!!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #1281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
subscribing
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #1282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All - my 18 year old daughter has been only half-way doing the potato hack (she eats a lot of indian food rice dishes for lunch due to being on campus at that time with no potato options). After she told me potatoes are impractical for her at lunch, I suggested finding rice at asian or indian food stands.

She was doing low carb, which used to work for her yielding effortless weight loss, but doesn't anymore (I am guessing due to high stress of the competitive program she is in at school).

Anyway, she is down 12 pounds!!! She eats rice dishes at an indian food place and fat free potatoes (lately, mashed - I make them for her) with chicken broth.

She didn't even want to weigh today - I had to tell her she looks like she has dropped more weight. It has been easy and she can't believe it. She even ate girl scout cookies this week (oh, to be young). She dropped 5 pounds just this week!

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-24-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #1283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/173.6/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
All - my 18 year old daughter has been only half-way doing the potato hack (she eats a lot of indian food rice dishes for lunch due to being on campus at that time with no potato options). After she told me potatoes are impractical for her at lunch, I suggested finding rice at asian or indian food stands.

She was doing low carb, which used to work for her yielding effortless weight loss, but doesn't anymore (I am guessing due to high stress of the competitive program she is in at school).

Anyway, she is down 12 pounds!!! She eats rice dishes at an indian food place and fat free potatoes (lately, mashed - I make them for her) with chicken broth.

She didn't even want to weigh today - I had to tell her she looks like she has dropped more weight. It has been easy and she can't believe it. She even ate girl scout cookies this week (oh, to be young). She dropped 5 pounds just this week!

Congrats to your daughter!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Giving this a try, the original no fat way.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #1285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
what about oats? with no fat. could this be done with oatmeal?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #1286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not sure what the amino acid profile of oatmeal is, so I would be wary. Also, I don't know if there is any data on people living safely on potatoes.

Check out the satiety index - potatoes are more satisfying than oatmeal:
The Satiety Index
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #1287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I think grains like oatmeal are not kosher on this hack--
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #1288
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
SUBSCRIBING!

Started this today. This morning after my workout I had 2 cold potatoes with sea salt and mustard... Don't have a BG monitor so the only quantitative evidence I will have is my weight.

Also important to note, I was diagnosed with PCOS prior to adopting this LC lifestyle. While on LC, I have lost 120 pounds but it seems that I have been gaining/losing the same 10 pounds for 4 months. I have tried everything! LC/HP, LP/HF, LC/MP/HF NOTHING IS WORKING

We shall see how this goes.... had a little too much extra dark choclate dipped in natural peanut butter yesterday and my scale reflected a 2 pound jump. AHHH!

I have a question... Can I boil my potatoes, let them cool overnight in the fridge, then smash them and broil them for a minute? Sort of like a twice baked potato? Will this reheating/broiling break up the resistant starch crystals that were formed during cooling?

I will report back tomorrow! Hopefully...

Last edited by LOW_CARB_LOLA; 02-25-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #1289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm not sure what the amino acid profile of oatmeal is, so I would be wary. Also, I don't know if there is any data on people living safely on potatoes.

Check out the satiety index - potatoes are more satisfying than oatmeal:
The Satiety Index
Typo - there is data on people living safely on potatoes. There are two instances I know of, although they did add oil to their diet as well. It seems safe enough for short-term hack.

I meant that I don't know of any data of people living safely on oatmeal!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i would only do it for 3 days max and then maybe on DDs.

am thinking of trying this by mixing several forms of resistant starches. feeling guinea piggish.

thinking of making a soup with fat free chicken broth, navy beans, potatoes, barley, brown rice.

eating oatmeal.

eating potatoes....still wondering about canned potatoes...are these ok?
Closed Thread