Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #1081
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
I've been doing a barely hack potato hack, in combo with my altered JUDDD schedule (had to move to 4 down days, 2 up and 1 medium day/week). On DDs, I eat a very small bit of corn flakes and milk with my morning anti-inflammatory, then nothing til a dinner of taters fried in 1 tsp coconut oil and steamed broccoli for dinner. And the weight has been just dive-bombing off. I've also begun the new year gluten free. And what I'm wondering is, if reducing the amount of overall protein I'm consuming is a major contributor to my current losing mode---any opinions about protein as a weight-sticker-on-er, juddd buds? I wonder if that's part of the tater magic...
--patty

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #1082
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
And what I'm wondering is, if reducing the amount of overall protein I'm consuming is a major contributor to my current losing mode---any opinions about protein as a weight-sticker-on-er, juddd buds? I wonder if that's part of the tater magic...
--patty
My main concern with the potato only hack = low protein, and why I'm hesitant to try it myself, is muscle loss.
With such dramatic weight loss, how much of it is muscle & water vs. fat?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
I've been doing a barely hack potato hack, in combo with my altered JUDDD schedule (had to move to 4 down days, 2 up and 1 medium day/week). On DDs, I eat a very small bit of corn flakes and milk with my morning anti-inflammatory, then nothing til a dinner of taters fried in 1 tsp coconut oil and steamed broccoli for dinner. And the weight has been just dive-bombing off. I've also begun the new year gluten free. And what I'm wondering is, if reducing the amount of overall protein I'm consuming is a major contributor to my current losing mode---any opinions about protein as a weight-sticker-on-er, juddd buds? I wonder if that's part of the tater magic...
--patty
Very interesting.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #1084
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
--patty
This is the PHD theory. I felt that I was eating way too much protein when I began stalling on JUDDD, switched to HFMP and now full on PHD.

Congrats! on Wheatfree. I am reading a lot of success on the PHD site in the comment section w/ going grain free and taming protein.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and YES, I am having some type of taters almost every day with PHD. I am loving the combo.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #1086
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
My main concern with the potato only hack = low protein, and why I'm hesitant to try it myself, is muscle loss.
With such dramatic weight loss, how much of it is muscle & water vs. fat?
This was one reason that it took me so long to make the move. I was concerned, but moving carbs up a bit keeping them nutritional, may have been the solution I needed. I was stuck for quite a bit.

Last edited by sunday; 01-13-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #1087
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
and don't forget there is a bit of protein in potatoes--2 g per 100g--but not so much as to trigger gluconeogenesis. The resistant starch in potatoes seems to be important in changing gut flora as well which I think is part of the weight loss magic.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #1088
Senior LCF Member

This is all so interesting to my little science brain! I've been coasting on the info here and not reading the MDA threads cause they can be not so nice to each other, but I may have to suck it up and go read. I read alot about the Kwasniewski diet a while back --it's very low protein, very high fat --and some of the info about excess protein stuck, though the diet was not sustainable for me. I don't think I'm having muscle loss, as I'm not doing pure potatoes on any days at all, always getting a little extra protein from dairy or veggies or a little meat. As I'm down 7 pounds this week, I'm sticking with it! And I seem to have plenty of energy for exercise, which never fails to amaze me on down days. Thanks for the input and wisdom, juddders!
--patty
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #1089
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Trying another PDD...tried one at the beginning of this thread and wasn't pleased with the feelings of hunger, but I think I have more appetite suppression now so I'm hoping for a better PDD. One thing: What is PHD? I don't have the energy to search through the thread to find out, lol. Also, what is SCQ? These acronyms are confusing!

I bought 2 lbs of potatoes today from the flea market for 1.00. I could save a mint if I only ate potatoes!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-13-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #1090
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
PHD - Perfect Health Diet. A book Sunday has been reading. I bought it a while ago, but haven't read it yet. He recommends white rice and potatoes. There is a separate thread on it.

The other is the Con Queso cheese, I think.

Perfect Health Diet
This is the link to PHD Diet

Last edited by Seabreezes; 01-13-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #1091
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Patty, I love 7 lbs in one week. You are rocking this!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #1092
Big Yapper!!!!

Sadly, I am finding the same is true as when I first tried the PDD. Extreme hunger, and I am not looking forward to more potatoes! I am tempted to eat 1/4 cup of ice cream for the last of my calories today. Barring losing 5 lbs by tomorrow, this is not something I will do again.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy,
I have to have some protein every DD, so I eat one egg & bacon for late breakfast or early lunch and then taters for my main meal. The first fast that I did was strictly taters and it took me a couple of days before I felt normal. I did lose the most weight with just potatoes (5 lbs), but not sure I can do it for more than 2 days.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #1094
Big Yapper!!!!

Right now I feel like I would happily wait an extra month or two to get the weight off, rather than potatoes all day again, lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #1095
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I did not mind potatoes. I found I was under on DD calories simply because only nly letting myself eat potatoes I wasn't thinking about other food...
But I see how this could easily be the opposite. I REALLY liked the hashbrowns without fat with SF ketchup. I may get the per shredded ones at the store next time I do this. Haven't checked the fat on that though, not sure if they add any or not.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #1096
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Patty, I love 7 lbs in one week. You are rocking this!
Thank you Cindy! You are so unfailingly supportive of everyone on this board, and I so appreciate you!
--patty
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Well, I managed a full week. From days 1 to 5 I lost a total of 4.2 pounds. From days 6-7 I gained 1.2. I stuck to the UD/DD rotation with my DDs being at 500 but my UDs never made it to 1200. And on UDs I had a protein smoothie (around 500 cal.) each morning and did not eat for 5 hours afterwards. With the week being my first back to JUDDD I expected a really good loss based on past experience. Unfortunately, this was not it.

BUT.....I was more interested in getting my cravings under control and I think for this it worked! And after one UD that turned into a MD I dropped the weight I gained plus a little bit. And one of the meals I had that day included potatoes.

Not sure if I would do this again but I do think I'll incorporate potatoes more often.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #1098
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Did a modified PD today with a HB egg for breakfast then 4 hours then potatoes for lunch then a few ounces of turkey and more potatoes for dinner. About 700 cals total. I had a ton of unsweetened ice tea through the day and spent all day running to the bathroom so hoping for a good scale read tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #1099
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Hey Hackers!

I am doing a PUD tomorrow, I am really struggling at the moment. I am quitting smoking and picking at everything, not doing clean dd's OR ud's, I am so frustrated

I reached a great point last week where I spent most of the week below 64kg ( a plataeu weight for me). At the weekend I had 2 UD's in a row and have bounced back to over 65kg. Its been 3 days and my high ud's and dd's are not helping, I can't get back down and I can't stop eating, aghhhhhh!!!!!

So.... I figure an UD of potatoes only tomorrow can't hurt and might help with many things (picking, hunger ect....). I tried today for my DD and caved after picking at them before lunch and then not having anything to eat when lunchtime came around. So bought a tuna handroll (way too many cal for a 350 cal DD )

Tell me, has anyone done the hack with unlimited potatoes then reverted back to Juddd rotaions easily? Has the weight stayed off? Has anyone else quit smoking and is going completely bonkers??
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #1100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Sicci, I reverted back to JUDDD after unlimited potatoes pretty good my first time. This last time, I bailed because it wasn't working and then I did a fat-fast day instead and dropped weight like a rock. It may have been a delayed reaction.

I never smoked so can't help you there but I sure know it's hard to beat any addiction; which of mine shall we talk about LOL.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
~subbing~

I read 'some' of the threads at MDA. Years ago (like 15) I did McDougall for a couple of years. I ate a lot of potatoes and lost a lot of weight. I've been following WW for a little while but it's not giving me the satisfaction I hoped it would. I was very successful with JUDDD then it got to be impossible for me to stay on a DD. I think 500 calories of potatoes would be very satisfying!

I'm going to attempt to eat potatoes only for the next three days and see how I feel. I love the idea of experimenting with something so tasty and since I haven't been L/C for awhile I don't think this will mess with my metabolism too much. If for some reason it becomes too hard, I'll switch to WW UD, then back to potato DD's and see if I can't make some progress!

Thanks Ouiz!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/173.6/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Sicchi, I just finished a 7 day PH. I've done a few potato days here & there. This first time I did 6 days & was not impressed with the weight loss; but, I was amazed at the lack of craving for sweets/junk! I was having problems after the holidays to eat healthy....ie, too much junk! I lost almost 7 pounds in that week & I am very happy with it!! I've not had a problem before going back to regular JUDDD from the hack. I am back to regular JUDDD today. We'll see how I do.

As for quitting smoking, I quit 9 & 1/2 years ago after many, many attempts!! I smoked for 30+ years & finally with all of the different cancers in my family, I decided I was literally playing with fire!! I had learned years earlier that I was allergic to the nicotene patchs; so, I used the nicotene gum for a couple of years. I also became a member of an online quit smoking website. If you want the name of it, I can message it to you. The help there is incredible! I did gain a lot of weight over the next few years. But, I didn't have JUDDD. I wish you all the best in your endeavers!! Let me know if I can help in any way! It always helps to "pay it forwarsd", ya know?!

HOORAY for you for quitting!!! You CAN do this!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.

Last edited by Shari4; 01-15-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just popping in to report: I had two potatoes for breakfast (microwaved) and one cold one just now after work. I'm going to have two more for dinner and call it a DD. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may go back to WW for an UD and then potatoes again on Thursday. I lost a whopping 4 ounces last week after a week of WW and I sure would like to see better progress than that....

I quit smoking (again) in July using Walmart's equate nic patches. Smartest thing I've ever done. The nicotine patch keeps the physical craving away while you get used to not physically smoking. My plan is to never smoke again but I have fallen off in the past, sometimes after years....it never really goes away completely. I think I've got it this time. Good luck!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #1104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Sicchi, I just finished a 7 day PH. I've done a few potato days here & there. This first time I did 6 days & was not impressed with the weight loss; but, I was amazed at the lack of craving for sweets/junk! I was having problems after the holidays to eat healthy....ie, too much junk! I lost almost 7 pounds in that week & I am very happy with it!! I've not had a problem before going back to regular JUDDD from the hack. I am back to regular JUDDD today. We'll see how I do.

As for quitting smoking, I quit 9 & 1/2 years ago after many, many attempts!! I smoked for 30+ years & finally with all of the different cancers in my family, I decided I was literally playing with fire!! I had learned years earlier that I was allergic to the nicotene patchs; so, I used the nicotene gum for a couple of years. I also became a member of an online quit smoking website. If you want the name of it, I can message it to you. The help there is incredible! I did gain a lot of weight over the next few years. But, I didn't have JUDDD. I wish you all the best in your endeavers!! Let me know if I can help in any way! It always helps to "pay it forwarsd", ya know?!

HOORAY for you for quitting!!! You CAN do this!!
Thanks! I feel like a 3-4 day hack would be enough, once you get past that, your metabolism may slow down I think
Its just impossible to eat more than 1500 cal of potatoes! Over 2 kilo!
I have joined an app I joined last year with my first good attempt and yes, they are very supportive (like you guys ) On day 2 of potatoes and the scale budged a little this morning, but I can do better. I am just so clogged up (sorry, TMI), another side effect from quitting
The potatoes should get me moving again.... I gined alot of weight last year quitting, thats how I ended up here, and back smoking unfortunatly. Thanks for your advice
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #1105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just stopping by to say congrats to Sicchi, Blonde & Shari4 for quitting!
I quit many, many years ago (30) and have never regretted.

Also, best wishes on this amazing tater hack. I believe in it as well!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

Potato UD went bust!

Got home and my fiance had 2 t-bone steaks.... oh my, and they were yum-may! So I had that and a salad for dinner after eating potatoes all day yest and today. I feel so bloated and big.... UGH. I hope the scale is kind

Last edited by SICCHI; 01-16-2013 at 01:27 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #1107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just reporting in:

Had 500 calories of potatoes yesterday. It wasn't too hard, I worked and was busy. I'm not ready to do it again today so I'm doing a WW's day, counting my points, and a POTATO down day tomorrow. One of my problems with JUDDD after awhile was not being able to complete a 500 calorie DD, but this was fairly easy. We'll see how the experiment goes.....
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Potato Thursday/DD.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #1109
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thank you for you kind words Patty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Potato UD went bust!

Got home and my fiance had 2 t-bone steaks.... oh my, and they were yum-may! So I had that and a salad for dinner after eating potatoes all day yest and today. I feel so bloated and big.... UGH. I hope the scale is kind
No matter if the scale is less that kind. You have a lot going on just now and you must not beat yourself up. Get the smoking beat and the rest will fall into place.

I think you have a great fiance, no one has ever bought me a T-bone steak!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Hey Hackers!

I am doing a PUD tomorrow, I am really struggling at the moment. I am quitting smoking and picking at everything, not doing clean dd's OR ud's, I am so frustrated

I reached a great point last week where I spent most of the week below 64kg ( a plataeu weight for me). At the weekend I had 2 UD's in a row and have bounced back to over 65kg. Its been 3 days and my high ud's and dd's are not helping, I can't get back down and I can't stop eating, aghhhhhh!!!!!

So.... I figure an UD of potatoes only tomorrow can't hurt and might help with many things (picking, hunger ect....). I tried today for my DD and caved after picking at them before lunch and then not having anything to eat when lunchtime came around. So bought a tuna handroll (way too many cal for a 350 cal DD )

Tell me, has anyone done the hack with unlimited potatoes then reverted back to Juddd rotaions easily? Has the weight stayed off? Has anyone else quit smoking and is going completely bonkers??
Yea for you!!!I quit smoking 2 years ago Feb 4th and gained 30 lbs I didn't have a plan..you do!! It will take a while for your body to regulate. I know that sounds funny but it is true that smoking affects your whole body..You just hang in there and it will all come around. That is what this whole thing is about..Our health!! Great start!! One day at a time
Closed Thread