Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #931
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am only doing DD's as potato days and that is working well for me. I can have higher DD calories and still maintain so I am happy. I can't cut the UD's as potato days. I start feeling deprived and we know where that leads.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Addie--my UD's always include a few potato meals. Seems to keep me from UUAD's! And if i know I can look forward to some yummy UD meal, I don't feel deprived.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #933
Big Yapper!!!!

I tried. Really I did but it just made me want what I could not have so I stick to potato DD's for now. And for me there is no appetite suppression with taters. But I really like my faux cream of potato soup that I eat for dinner on DD's. COld boiledtater and then followed by a cup of broth for lunch. Kind of getting into the routine for DD's. Maybe later I will try the UD's again.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
potato soup made with a bit of ff chicken broth has been amazingly satisifying. I am guessing at the calories, but would believe about 250 for a good size bowl and it could be enough for the DD.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Nancy, I am sorry. I wonder if you could be allergic to nightshades? Or if not, then just potatoes?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #936
Big Yapper!!!!

I got sick on potatoes twice and someone suggested it was the peels. No peels, no more problems so maybe that could be it if you are eating the peels.

I have intorduced the gold potatoes back with skins with no problems. I think it was the red ones that made me sick with skins.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #937
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Woke up still feeling sick and immdiately started eating junk/comfort food it's an ud for me, but if I keep the pace going, I'll end up with a uuad today, again sigh. So I've decided to start a pd, half way through the day. Don't know how that I'll work out since I've already had two pieces of pizza, lots of chex mix, and a candy bar but I figure a couple plain potatoes the rest of the day can't make things any worse lol. And then tomorrow I'll do a pure pd
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #938
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
potato soup made with a bit of ff chicken broth has been amazingly satisifying. I am guessing at the calories, but would believe about 250 for a good size bowl and it could be enough for the DD.
My faux potato soup is 150 calories since I use gluc to thicken it and it is just one 5 oz potato mashed up in broth made with 2 cubes and some gluc and black pepper. Yummy and filling. SOmetimes I stick blend the potatoes, sometimes just mash with a fork. Best DD dinner ever. I look forward to it so bribe myself to be good so I can have my soup. Maybe I should make that my UD dinner so I can keep at least one UD under control.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #939
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
My faux potato soup is 150 calories since I use gluc to thicken it and it is just one 5 oz potato mashed up in broth made with 2 cubes and some gluc and black pepper. Yummy and filling. SOmetimes I stick blend the potatoes, sometimes just mash with a fork. Best DD dinner ever. I look forward to it so bribe myself to be good so I can have my soup. Maybe I should make that my UD dinner so I can keep at least one UD under control.
That sounds so good, Adi! I've been seeing you say you're eating your faux potato soup and thinking how good it sounds. Thanks for sharing how you make it. Now all I gotta do is get me some gluc. Where do you guys get it?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #940
Big Yapper!!!!

I ordered mine a long time ago from netrition. That bag lasts a LONG time.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #941
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi guys!

I'm doing potatoes during the day and a meal at night. Boy did I NOT stay on plan during Christmas. So I figure I will be good until New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Dinner, then right back on the wagon. And reinstituting JUDDD.

Good to be back with ya! Woohoooo on everyone's success!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hmmm. When I stop to think about it, my entire gi tract is pretty messed up right now. I see the doctor this coming Thursday. Once I get the whole possible hernia recurrence thing straightened out, I will try the hack again (without the skins).
Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #943
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Adi.....When you lost extra weight doing the potato hack, was it on UDs AND DDs at first?

I am wanting to drop a little lower, because in maintenance I am staying on the higher end of my weight range. Just thought it might be a good way to do that quicker, if it works for me, and then tweak my UD/DD calories a little to STAY there! (was probably starting to get a lil carried away with my cals!) I had recently put myself back in WLM, but this might speed things up!!!

I noticed you saying you were going to do potatoes only on DDs now. (If I remember correctly, you wanted to lose a little more for the same reason.) Am I even close to right?? Are you continuing potatoes olny on DDs mostly because you enjoy them and the ease of it? TIA!!!

Phyl
Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 AM   #944
Established

Doing a potato only day today Technically it's a DD but I'm not going to count calories today-will probably have 4 yellow potatoes with salt/pepper and A-1 sauce. Lots of water, diet soda and then maybe 1 or 2 cups of diet hot cocoa, which is almost fat free. I'll probably do a potato day tomorrow also to end the year on a good, clean note

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-30-2012 at 05:00 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #945
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Adi.....When you lost extra weight doing the potato hack, was it on UDs AND DDs at first?

I am wanting to drop a little lower, because in maintenance I am staying on the higher end of my weight range. Just thought it might be a good way to do that quicker, if it works for me, and then tweak my UD/DD calories a little to STAY there! (was probably starting to get a lil carried away with my cals!) I had recently put myself back in WLM, but this might speed things up!!!

I noticed you saying you were going to do potatoes only on DDs now. (If I remember correctly, you wanted to lose a little more for the same reason.) Am I even close to right?? Are you continuing potatoes olny on DDs mostly because you enjoy them and the ease of it? TIA!!!

Phyl
I did potatoes on both UD's and DD's and dropped quickly for a week. BUT those lowfat potato UD's were really hard for me. I can easily do potato DD's so this is another experiment for me. Potato DD's and (hopefully) normal UD's. I tend to eat around 50% fat which is not low but certainly isn't high either since I eat a lot of eggs normally on UD's.
And yesterday was another one of those UUAD so I have to get myself under control again. I have no idea why I can do 100 calorie DD's but CANNOT consistently do normal UD's.
But I got down to 142 and my maintenance weight is 144. I am above that now due to Christmas eating so my immediate goal is to get back to 144 rather than 146-148 as my high bounce. Maybe I will try tomorrow as a potato UD and try to keep really busy and get my mind off FOOD.
I do love the little gold potatoes which I had never tried before. They are a staple for me now.
Hope you have success doing the tater thing. I still have faith in it way more than in me since I tend to go overboard on UD's.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 12-30-2012 at 06:41 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I too have more trouble sticking to my UD calories than my DD ones!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #947
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I too have more trouble sticking to my UD calories than my DD ones!!
Glad I am not the only one that has issues with the UD. I need to go back to the beginning and print out my daily food allowances from my online nutrition tracker and check it off as I eat it. That worked last year so I need to make myself accountable. If it isn't on the page, DON'T eat it. I really have always had at least one UUAD a week and still did fine but every UD CANNOT be an UUAD and still maintain or even lose. Off to input my menu for tomorrow since today is a potato DD. That is easy.

Last edited by Maryposa; 03-28-2013 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: edited out fit day
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #948
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Glad I am not the only one that has issues with the UD. I need to go back to the beginning and print out my daily food allowances from my online nutrition tracker and check it off as I eat it. That worked last year so I need to make myself accountable. If it isn't on the page, DON'T eat it. I really have always had at least one UUAD a week and still did fine but every UD CANNOT be an UUAD and still maintain or even lose. Off to input my menu for tomorrow since today is a potato DD. That is easy.
UD are my problem too.

I am doing the potato hack for the next week but not with Judd rotation. I found it to hard on up days to get my calories up.

Day #2 for me ad down 2 pounds this morning. I did find day 2 last time a really hungry day then it tapered off on day 3. So I plan on going with the flow today.

Last edited by Maryposa; 03-28-2013 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: edited out fit day
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a thought Addie--what about doing a fatty potato prep on your UD? Just for one meal? I swear something in potatoes does away with my other cravings.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #950
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Adi, I may have missed this: what was hard about potato UDs for you?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #951
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Adi, I may have missed this: what was hard about potato UDs for you?
No matter how many potatoes I ate, I was still starving. I tried the cold boiled, baked, hash browns ( could have eaten 5 pounds of those) and I was STILL hungry.

For DD's now I am eating an egg for breakfast and then broth and potatoes for the next two meals and I am not hungry.

Ouizoid - That is a good idea about fatty since the egg is that on DD's. I have my menu for tomorrow UD potato hack day starting with eggs for breakfast. We shall see if that makes a difference. It also increases the calories and will make it easy to reach my UD calories as well as hopefully keep me form doing another UUAD.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
I am honestly going to go back through this thread, but until I get through it, can anyone tell me how a Potato hack is for a pre-diabetic person. I don't do wheat and most of my carbs are in the form of veggies - and have also excluded potatoes. But this sounds so interesting. I love potatoes, any form. Love cold one, hot ones, everyway!!!

Any info would be helpful...Now, back to reading!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Arlene--I think for most people with BS issues, the first day or so on the potato hack may be wild in terms of numbers, and then by the third day, people have much lower fasting numbers than before. YMMV. I notice more hunger the first day or so, and then substantially less hunger and no cravings.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #954
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Potato Salad

I made a potato salad with steamed red potatoes chopped up, sugar free relish, Walden Farms honey mustard salad dressing, some spicy mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper.

It was yummy. The longer it sat, the more flavorful the potatoe got so best to make it ahead of time. You are also eating the potatoes cold, which is supposed to be good.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #955
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I made a potato salad with steamed red potatoes chopped up, sugar free relish, Walden Farms honey mustard salad dressing, some spicy mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper.

It was yummy. The longer it sat, the more flavorful the potatoe got so best to make it ahead of time. You are also eating the potatoes cold, which is supposed to be good.
What a GREAT idea!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I still get really hungry after I eat. I know it's my bs spiking so I just ignore it and hunger pain do eventually go away.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #957
Established

Yesterday's potato day went well-I ended up having three yellow potatoes, which actually probably fell within my DD calorie allotment, even though I wasn't counting calories Scale is down 1.5lbs, which brings me .5lb from my lowest weight point, which was right before I went off plan for the holiday. Very happy to end the year on a positive note!

I'm going to do another pd today, but try to eat bigger potatoes/more of them, to get more calories in. I won't be able to hit my UD calories with just potatoes, but I do want to get a bigger distance between yesterdays and today's calories. We may go out for dinner tonight, so I'll just do potatoes until plans change
Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Just finished reading this entire thread --- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!

I've decided that since I'm only 2 weeks, 1 day into JUDDD, I stick with it until I'm more established. After reading Dr. J's book, it takes about 3 weeks before SIRT1 to show up. When I do try it, I'll have glucose meter ready!!

Subbing so I can keep on learning from all the JB's!!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #959
Big Yapper!!!!

I am doing a modified tater UD.
B - 2 eggs, coffee with HWC
L - cold boiled taters
D - taters of some sort with sala or mustard or maybe the cold boiled tater salad I saw someone listed.
I am boiling taters as I type. The gold ones since I like them best. I have some baking taters I can also have if needed.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Addie--just make sure, since it is your UD, that you prepare an absolutely delicious and satisfying tater dish! No deprivation!!
Closed Thread