Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #841
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yay Ouz! That's wonderful. New clothes!!!!

I'm such a rule oriented person, it'sw hard to know normal. i've been abnormal for so long.

Could you guys eating taters during the day and a normal meal at night share a specific day or two of meals, please? I'm taking heavy antibiotics right now and am back up to 247.8 with my bandages, so probably about 245.6lbs without the wrapping. I'm pretty sure most is water weight from the antibiotics. But want to go back to the hack. I think I should have some meat and veg at night cuz of the meds.

So far today I've had about 2oz of cooked white potatoes, cold. I'm still hungry but trying to hold off til my next med dose.

Thanks for the help.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Ouizoid- I am so thrilled for you. I think I will have to give this a try. I completely understand when you talk about normal people. I have never felt normal regarding appetite and food. Like you, not even remotely!! I would love to understand the mechanics of how this works, but I don't get it. I have read through all the threads about it.
It is just very exciting and to find a normalizing of eating habits and appetite is like a miracle. Doing the happy dance for the new slimmer you!
I am thrilled for you too Ouizioid! I agree Beverly that it would be great to understand the mechanics of this hack (it is beyond me). Who would have thought that normalized appetite could come from the potato!
I did another potato DD yesterday and it brought me to 149 which is only one pound up from my post potato hack weight of 148. Potatoes are definitely helping me from gaining weight right now with all of the holiday eating opportunities.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #843
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carlye
Stats: 120kg/108kg/TBA
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2013
After 6 days of potatoes my cravings got the better of me and I ate a roast chicken on Friday night. Then I fasted for 20 hours, had a small meal of potato last night, and my 1 week weigh in is down 3.4kg/7.48lbs.
I now fit all of my (AU) size 18 dresses, and I'm wearing a workout outfit that has been in my cupboard for over a year!

This has really come at a great time for me. And I'll be on proper JUDDD in a week
Old 12-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Happy to say that thanks to potatoes, I have dropped a pant size and am fitting into jackets that were at the back of the closet. Haven't weighed in a couple of weeks because I need to replace my scale battery, but the pants don't lie.

Lately I have been eating potatoes only during the day and then a nice dinner at night with DH. Another benefit of the tater hack is that my appetite for dinner is significantly diminished. I enjoy my food, but I no longer want seconds or thirds, which is amazing! I also continue to notice a diminished wish for sweets--and when I do have sweets (generally the lowcarb, homemade variety) they often taste way tooo sweet, and just aren't that satisfying.

I think as time goes by, I am noticing a weird kind of "normalizing" of my eating habits and appetite. I think maybe this is how normal people are? I have never ever been normal in any remote way in my eating in my life. Never. Ever.

I will keep this going for myself. The changes over time (and I emphasize that time is the important variable) are so amazing to me.
Man, I am so right there with ya, ouiz! Doing the same thing, taters during the day, addition of a veg and 3 oz protein for DD dinner. Eating taters incorporated into at least one meal on UDs, my irish genes are dancing a jig! And like you, noticing unprecedented reductions in sweets/overeating cravings...normal? WTH? I don't need no stinkin' normal--I got TATERS!
--Patty
Old 12-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #845
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Woo Hoo Carlye. That is a wonderful loss for only a week.

I am on day 3 and really wanting a steak tonight lol. The fluid is beginning to flush so am expecting a loss in the morning. Hope I can make it till Monday night (planned night out). I really want this hack to work for me. Back to JUDDD rotations next week.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlye View Post
After 6 days of potatoes my cravings got the better of me and I ate a roast chicken on Friday night. Then I fasted for 20 hours, had a small meal of potato last night, and my 1 week weigh in is down 3.4kg/7.48lbs.
I now fit all of my (AU) size 18 dresses, and I'm wearing a workout outfit that has been in my cupboard for over a year!

This has really come at a great time for me. And I'll be on proper JUDDD in a week
Wow fantastic Carlye!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #847
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats Carlyle, Divine, Halos and Babs!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
IM BACK ON THE HACK!

After 7 days off (and 3 days off Judd altogether... yep christmas ), I'm goin on it again having 2 UD's

My 3 day hack is -

Monday (today) - UD
Tuesday - DD
Wednesday - UD

Then have to get ready for more xmas eating.

Last edited by SICCHI; 12-16-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I'm back on the hack too--altho not Juddding. I am going to do taters only until Thursday dinner. I know that all the eating events around Christmas are going to be intense, so I am going to tater before and tater afterwards. Such a lovely method to control excess!

By the way, by far my favorite prep method (which includes a wee bit of fat, which doesn't seem to have caused any problems) is to cut up a few boiled yukons, splash on a couple of Tbs of bone broth and top with 2 Tbs of Tostitos salsa con queso, and nuke for a couple of minutes. OMG. spicy cheezy lowfat goodness! So filling and satisfying! Only a few grams of fat!

Last edited by ouizoid; 12-17-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I couldn't find this thread and thought it may have moved. Just finished a 4 day hack.

Lost 5 lbs! I think this is going to be another keeper for me! Really do. I don't think I could do it but maybe every couple of weeks, but I will definitely do it again. I have to admit that 3 lbs were definitely water weight from the social weekend. But, and this is BIG, I had a glass of wine on one of the tater nights and it didn't even phase the losses. Moscato.

My fav way to enjoy the taters~ I sliced up a couple of Yukon Golds thin slices (not tater chip sz, but a tad thicker) misted with a bit of olive oil then dusted with rosemary, garlic, sea salt, & pepper. Roasted & they were so good that I can eat these cold or hot.

Sweet taters! I just love them baked in the crock pot and could eat them for all three meals. I also had sweet tater chips as in potato chips and they were equally yummers. Drank plain chicken broth when I was sick of taters. This may have been a couple of times, because I admit that I was a little tired of them. I know for fact that my cals never went over 900. I don't think I could DD and tater hack but my cals were low enough that it was probably not a dealbreaker. I did get a bit of fat in because of the Olive Oil, but it was minimal. Thank you to all that shared their experiment. I have high hopes that I won't bounce back and will let you know if it happens.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Wuhoo, Sunday!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #852
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12

So I love this potato hack and I love potatoes. My skin does not. I swear, since I started this, I have had the worst acne on my chin. Now, I am prone to acne of course, but this is red, throbbing and horrible

So I stopped eating potatoes and 2 days later it is not hurting and starting to improve. I looked at everything in my life and thats what was causing it, I'm sure. I guess it might have something to do with starch, or glucose spikes or something, because when I eat sugar, my skin shows it. Fat has never been a cause. Doing low carb I had the best skin I ever had.

I still plan on doing this occasionally, but may have to limit it to once a month and 3 days only because I can't go through this pain again! As said before, we are all different, this just sucks
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sicchi--I wonder if it is a kind of detox?

Sunday! So happy for you!!

I am finishing up a 3 day hack--will likely be off til after xmas, and then back on to get rid of holiday bloat!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #854
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
sicchi--I wonder if it is a kind of detox?

Sunday! So happy for you!!

I am finishing up a 3 day hack--will likely be off til after xmas, and then back on to get rid of holiday bloat!
Detox or maybe you need to be sure you have organic potatos? Just a thought. You still have to really scrub those too, or just peel... It is hard to know where the sensitivites are.

I'm gearing up to start again, probably post christmas.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
SICCHI, that sounds really painful. My son has acne, too. It's better now that he's grown. I thought detox, too. But, I know certain foods as well as hormones can be the cause.

I've been wrestling with going on maintenance over Christmas. Our big dinner is this Sunday. And I'm planning 2 UD's in a row, Saturday & Sunday. My parents will be visiting both days. Then, after Christmas, I want to do a PH. The next Sunday we will have another dinner with the other side of our family. Not as big as my side tho! I know potatoes will take away any cravings I might have after a weekend of eating all of the wrong things!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post

So I love this potato hack and I love potatoes. My skin does not. I swear, since I started this, I have had the worst acne on my chin. Now, I am prone to acne of course, but this is red, throbbing and horrible

So I stopped eating potatoes and 2 days later it is not hurting and starting to improve. I looked at everything in my life and thats what was causing it, I'm sure.
Potatoes are part of the nightshade family (as are tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers) and some people are really sensitive to them. Maybe by eating only potatoes (and nothing else, like fat, protein, etc, to mitigate their properties) you may have inadvertantly overdosed on them a bit?

My DH can't eat tomatoes or eggplant, can tolerate some peppers (but not a whole soup of red peppers, say), and is fine with potatoes when it's a side. I'm not sure if he'd actually do well on a full 100% potato diet for a few days.

I think sungoddes (Bev) posted something about tomatoes and ayurvedic or some other Asian food/philosophy a while back?

Anyway, just some *food for thought*
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soren, I thought the same thing. Nightshades cause difficulty for many folks and maybe sicchi never noticed when having taters with a meal. I am a tomato friend. It I can't have some form a tomato every day, I get cranky. I am thankful to not have allergies that I know of or I would be pretty depressed.

One more thought on the tater hack. I have discovered my love for MALT VINEGAR! One night I baked up a batch of Ore Ida Golden Crinkle fries about 3 oz. They crisp up well in the oven, spritzed a bit of malt vinegar all over and dipped in my sugar free ketchup. AMAZINGLY delish! So, 4 days are made a bit more bearable or painless when you use good spices and dips.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sunday--my absolute favorite is a couple of Tbs of Salsa con queso mixed with a few TBS of bone broth. Only a few grams of fat and it makes potatoes absolutely divine--

also LOVE malt vinegar.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Soren, I thought the same thing. Nightshades cause difficulty for many folks and maybe sicchi never noticed when having taters with a meal. I am a tomato friend. It I can't have some form a tomato every day, I get cranky. I am thankful to not have allergies that I know of or I would be pretty depressed.

One more thought on the tater hack. I have discovered my love for MALT VINEGAR! One night I baked up a batch of Ore Ida Golden Crinkle fries about 3 oz. They crisp up well in the oven, spritzed a bit of malt vinegar all over and dipped in my sugar free ketchup. AMAZINGLY delish! So, 4 days are made a bit more bearable or painless when you use good spices and dips.
I never thought about buying frozen potatoes! Are there other ingredients beside taters in them?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
I never thought about buying frozen potatoes! Are there other ingredients beside taters in them?
No and only 130 cals for 3 oz which is about 14 fries. Let me tell you I was sated!

Now, if I were able to sprinkle some cheddar & bacon bits on top, that would have been heavenly. But, also would have messed with my losses.

Last edited by sunday; 12-21-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Now, if I were able to sprinkle some cheddar & bacon bits on top, that would have been heavenly. But, also would have messed with my losses.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
I notice a few of you are including small amounts of fat to your spuds (queso, crinkle fries)...does anyone know at what fat threshold the hack won't work? Or which add-ins would be counterproductive?

I'm still wondering if adding fat-free half-n-half to mash them would be ok.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne_W View Post
I notice a few of you are including small amounts of fat to your spuds (queso, crinkle fries)...does anyone know at what fat threshold the hack won't work? Or which add-ins would be counterproductive?

I don't see why not? I use fat-free halfnhalf all of the time. I haven't tried it on mashed potatoes, but I bet that would be fine.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
What about adding fat free yogurt as "sour cream" on potatoes? I did that last night, but not currently doing the potato hack right now. I couldn't "hack" it at the moment.

And don't the baked french fries (frozen dept, right?) have fat added to them? or is it insignificant? I can't get mine I make to crisp up for nothing! I cut them with my salad master cutter and lay them out but they won't crisp.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't see why not? I use fat-free halfnhalf all of the time. I haven't tried it on mashed potatoes, but I bet that would be fine.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
What about adding fat free yogurt as "sour cream" on potatoes? I did that last night, but not currently doing the potato hack right now. I couldn't "hack" it at the moment.

And don't the baked french fries (frozen dept, right?) have fat added to them? or is it insignificant? I can't get mine I make to crisp up for nothing! I cut them with my salad master cutter and lay them out but they won't crisp.
I checked the golden crinkles nutritional info, said 4.5 g (regular) or 7g (extra crispy) per serving.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I personally try and keep my fat grams under 6-7 per serving of potatoes. I think it may be a YMMV issue,
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So it does have 7 gr of fat??? Interesting, amazing that it worked for me!

The golden crinkles are the only crispy frozen fries that I have ever made. The key is to have your oven on 400 or higher and leave them in for at least 8 min. My grandsons think this is the best treat ever! With much more ketchup than I like, of course!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #868
Senior LCF Member

I could live on fries! Of course, my favorite accompaniments are malt vinegar and good tartar sauce (not the sweet kind). I'm guessing tartar would be a major no-no...still, I may try the crinkle fries and see what it does.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #869
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carlye
Stats: 120kg/108kg/TBA
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2013
I totally loved the 9 days of PH that I did. I am very happy to have lost 4kg/8.8lbs.
One unexpected side effect was that my gluten intolerance has increased DRAMATICALLY! It used to take time for the stomach pain to kick in after eating gluten, now I can be halfway through a piece of bread and I'm doubling over in pain. So I'm calling that a positive, always wanted to get off gluten.

So now I'm ready to start my gluten free, lowcarb JUDDD induction
Old 12-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Or which add-ins would be counterproductive?

I think watching out for protein & sugar content is a good idea. (SF ketchup instead of regular, for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post

And don't the baked french fries (frozen dept, right?) have fat added to them?
FF yogurt (esp the Greek variety) might be higher in protein than FF sour cream...not sure, compare labels...but i believe I've read that too much protein can mess up the PHack.

I'm pretty sure the frozen french fries are lightly fried before being frozen. They always feel a little oily to me, and they're definitely not just cut-up raw potatoes.

Quote:
Of course, my favorite accompaniments are malt vinegar and good tartar sauce (not the sweet kind). I'm guessing tartar would be a major no-no...
I make tartar sauce with mayo, dill (not sweet) relish & a little chopped onion. If it is decided that FF sour cream or yogurt is acceptable, maybe you could substitute that for the mayo.

PS--Add a little Worcestershire sauce, squeeze of fresh lemon, Old Bay seasoning, and/or dill weed (dried or fresh) for a little extra kick...might need it in a FF base.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 12-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: PS
Closed Thread