Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
You are so right, Sally--the self-sabotage is the real monster to tame! You might want to check out the "why we overeat" thread, if you haven't already. There are so many factors that contribute to this issue, and if you like reading, there's a really good book about the mental part called "Making Peace with Food" by Susan Kano...
(sorry for the thread jack!)
--patty
I meant to tell you that I your post! Great thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Just have to share a non-potato thing with my potato friends! My son and his GF got engaged yesterday in Maui. I better get skinny pronto!!! Taters do your thing!!
Wonderful news! Congrats to your son and looks like a fun year in order!

Pooti, You are keeping the tater losses and moving right along. So the dressing alone is 3 lbs!!! Hoping for relief for your arm!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I'm doing the potato hack today...and it is the first time I have enjoyed a cold potato...it was ok..just salted it good.....I dearly love sweet potatoes, so I think I will pick up some and put in the crock pot..I've had sweet potato fries with sea salt and black pepper...I thought .ugh..sounds awful...but when I cooked them, they were just great..I see that people are doing different variations and I think that's a good thing..all in all the juddd is going to work just fine for me..and the potato days will hellp too, I think, because I was so hungry on the dd..I am so glad that I found this place...I have a very bad back..it's in deterioration, so surgery is not an option...but..getting off the weight will help so much, and cutting down on the inflammation will help a lot also..I had pretty much given up that I could ever lose any weight..but now...I have so much hope...and I want the people here to know how much I appreciate all they do..my goodness..I came to a place where I didn't know one person, and they didn't know me, yet they have been more help than I can even describe...God is good..and sent me an answer..
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
I decided to jump on the potato bandwagon, too! Started yesterday weighing 134 and change - up 5 or 6 pounds from Thanksgiving. Today, I was down to 130 and change. Definitely water weight, I'm sure, but I was happy to see my stomach shrink down closer to normal. I've been eating pure junk since Thanksgiving.

I'm not counting calories, just eating whenever I want. I bought some bags of tiny potatoes, boiled them, and then put them in the fridge. So far, I've just been putting the boiled potatoes in a pan, squashing them with a fork, and dry frying them so that they're crispy on the outside. I've also had a latte or two - made with non-fat half and half - both days. I'm also fighting a cough so I've been sucking on sugar free cough drops quite a bit.

So far, it's boring but easy. I'm going to try to go two more days, eat what I want over the weekend (family Christmas events), and then maybe start back again on Monday.

Thanks so much for posting and chatting about this! I needed something to jump start me after so many days of junk food.

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

--Edith Wharton
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I do not know the answer to your question. BUT I suffered with water retention for many years and many doctors later still did not have an answer.I thought it was from too high carbs and/or salty food. On JUDDD that problem went away. It came back when I tried the nutritional ketosis diet along with JUDDD. Who would have ever guessed that MY water retention was due to high fat rather than salt/sodium etc? I actually drink salt in my water now and drink really high sodium broth on DD's with no problems.

So maybe just following a nutritious diet will make you "normal" as far as water retention and flushing water from your system.
Interesting that you say that. Gary Taubes I believe encourages boullion water but also encourages only 20 carbs.. Not a direct quote. it was posted by someone else. I tried looking for a thread on him and his diet but couldn't find anything.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just have to share a non-potato thing with my potato friends! My son and his GF got engaged yesterday in Maui. I better get skinny pronto!!! Taters do your thing!!
Congrats!! Wedding bells I hear.... I love maui. what a great place to get engaged.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #816
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Jaymar, I am sorry to hear about your back but as you say losing weight and improving the inflammation will surely improve your quality of life.

I find the potatoes really stop my hunger. I haven't done more than one day at a time properly but, until an hour ago, I had only eaten 10 or so tiny potatoes since yesterday morning with a couple of coffees... And I only ate just now because it had been planned. Could have happily got without.

Yay Oiz, got to love a wedding!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I'm doing the potato hack today...and it is the first time I have enjoyed a cold potato...it was ok..just salted it good.....I dearly love sweet potatoes, so I think I will pick up some and put in the crock pot..I've had sweet potato fries with sea salt and black pepper...I thought .ugh..sounds awful...but when I cooked them, they were just great..I see that people are doing different variations and I think that's a good thing..all in all the juddd is going to work just fine for me..and the potato days will hellp too, I think, because I was so hungry on the dd..I am so glad that I found this place...I have a very bad back..it's in deterioration, so surgery is not an option...but..getting off the weight will help so much, and cutting down on the inflammation will help a lot also..I had pretty much given up that I could ever lose any weight..but now...I have so much hope...and I want the people here to know how much I appreciate all they do..my goodness..I came to a place where I didn't know one person, and they didn't know me, yet they have been more help than I can even describe...God is good..and sent me an answer..

These Juddd folks are the friendliest people I have ever met! welcome on board.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
congrats! Thats so exciting!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlye View Post

Then I will have two LCHF days and get onto JUDDD proper.
I want to make sure my rotation falls onto an up day for Christmas, and get to eat some of my Mum's pavlova

Carlye
when I read this, I so knew you were an aussie!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
We love non-potato things too!!! Congratulations on getting a new daughter in law!!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi SPUDDS! I'm back for my potato report. I had already done a potato only down day, and seemed to have pretty similar results to a normal down day, so I wanted to experiment with three days in a row.

Sunday-Tuesday were potato only days. I kept a bit of calorie rotation in there, but my DD cals were 150-300 calories higher than usual and my one up day was 300 cals lower than usual.

Results were good. I am down 1.3 pounds over the three days (measuring from the after-down-day weight before I started to today's after-potato-down day weight). That might not sound like a lot, but I have a typical monthly weight loss pattern, and I would have normally expected to lose nothing to 1/2 pound during this time frame, so the results were better than expected ... even though my overall calories were a little higher than my normal JUDDD rotations.

However, I didn't really enjoy it. Only wanting to keep my commitment to finishing the experiment kept me on it. I like potatoes, but I didn't enjoy not being able to have anything else. For me, one day was ok, but by day two, the three days seemed very long. I'm glad I completed the three days, though.

Day 1 (DD) - ate to hunger, but tried to keep it lowish, so I pretty much ate a 3 oz. potato about every two hours throughout the day. Didn't experience the super-satiating effect other people have had, but planned on the possibility of eating more than my usual DD calories, so that was ok. Had sporadic stomach cramps-pains, but they passed quickly.

Day 2 (UD) - Ate as many potatoes as I wanted. Unlike others who have done this experiment, I had no trouble reaching a little over 1800 calories. Noticing a metallic taste in my mouth. Even though I had plenty of potatoes at lunch, at one point while in the middle of teaching in the afternoon I had painful stomach sensations that felt like strong hunger pangs (low blood sugar?). Very unusual for me.

I was hoping for the good mood and energy that others reported to kick in, but while I did experience some periods when I noticed a feeling of well-being and possibly more energy in the evening, I was also grumpy during other parts of the day. Maybe it was because I'm so used to enjoying my up days that a potato-only up day was just not that fun (for me).

Day 3 - this was the easiest day. I had 600 calories of potatoes, and was able to go much longer without eating (as normal). I didn't have the stomach pains. Stronger metallic taste in the mouth. The end was in sight! I was counting the hours until the potato experiment was over. I think my body was adapting to the potatoes, but mentally I was done.

My n=1 assessment:
Pros: the most inexpensive and easiest menu plan ever, and did have better-than-average results.
Cons: seems to take a couple days for body to adapt for some people (like me) which can be uncomfortable, and for me feelings of deprivation were not positive.

I personally would do the potato thing in the future only if in true stall desperation, but I'm very happy for others who are feeling fabulous on it! One pro for me is it reminded me how much I JUDDD. Even though I don't think I'll do any more all-potato days in the near future, I will probably include more potatoes in my diet from now on!

Last edited by calichris; 12-12-2012 at 11:29 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Golly there are exciting things happening all over this forum! This thread is becoming as uplifting as the NSV discussion.

Nancy's Potato Update

I have not yet had a completely potato day. But I am eating them on an empty tummy - as a standalone meal.

1) The blood glucose leaps I saw at first have stopped. Something regulatory is happening.

2) I never eat a solid breakfast. Never? Well, hardly ever. Monday, out of curiosity, I grabbed a cold, boiled yukon gold. Monday was UUAD. I did not bounce...127.6. Tuesday I had potatoes for breakfast and lunch then went to UD calories at dinner. Same weight the next morning. Yesterday, potato for breakfast then UUAD again. 127.6 this morning.

I am scared to not have a potato for breakfast

Today I am going to have potatoes all day (DD calories) and see what happens.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Well today is another DD, will incorporate potatoes in them. Also told myelf if I don't do 30 min of cardio I can't check my internet in the morning. Lets see how that works out. I just need to reach 167! Thats my short term goal....

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt,
12/10 170.5 DD into UD gain ,ate unexpected spanish food for dinner, under 3000 cal?
12/11 171.5 PDD gain 1 lb, 700 cals
12/12 169.5 UD lost 2 lbs of bloat, about 2500 cals
12/13 170.5 DD bounce from ud, 30 min workout

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #824
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats Ouz!!! A weddin'! How exciting!

Welcome to all the new people!!!

Acor and Chris Congrats on your losses!!!!

Nancy that is super news about blood sugar and not bouncing!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #825

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Thank you thank you thank you!! The great potato hack got me through my annual work weigh in!!!! Woot!

PLUS.... my lipids were awesome as was my blood pressure. I was in shock..... really I didn't expect the chemistry values. I was not over the border, but I lived pretty close to it. Now my results are 'optimum' Woot!!

I do think the potato 2 weeks were the main component of the blood levels. Oh, and my glucose was 86 and I wasn't fasting.

Yea.... I'm off this until after Saturday, and then I'm going to do some mix of the potato plus ideas here.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I ate potato and cabbage soup today 2 servings to finish it up and then just potatoes. So far I have been very satisfied. Maybe this will cure the late night snack monster. We will see how tomorrow goes.

Yay SU glad you had good results.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Su! I am so happy to hear how well this is working for you!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

I had potatoes for breakfast yesterday and it held my hunger and kept me under control. So my conclusion.... Potatoes rock! they can help you lose wt even if you don't eat them exclusively because they help with cravings, especially if eaten without fats . scientist need to somehow put potatoes into a pill form! Good luck to everyone! I will continue to post my progress in the daily weigh ins thread. Thank you for all your support.

Ouiz thank you soo much for the potato hack, it helped jump start me back into juddd!!

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt,
12/10 170.5 DD into UD gain ,ate unexpected spanish food for dinner, under 3000 cal?
12/11 171.5 PDD gain 1 lb, 700 cals
12/12 169.5 UD lost 2 lbs of bloat, about 2500 cals
12/13 170.5 DD bounce from ud, 30 min workout + 800 cals
12/14 168.5 UD lost 2 lbs.. 30 min.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Good morning , all....well as I read your posts about the potato , I see that there seem to be some different results, but for the most part, they are pretty good...I want to mention that I had tried, a week before to do potatoes only, but it wasn't working well for me throughout the day...what happened was, as the day went on I felt shaky and hungry...thought...well maybe it won't work for me...Then...I read that maybe they should be eaten cold...so...on the next day that I tried them...I had them cold..and Wow...what a difference for me....
I wasn't hungry..no shakes...and I thought well what a difference for me when I had them cold.....so maybe it's different for each individual...I know that one day did help me a lot...I don't weigh every day because I will get to bummed if the weight goes up and down...I do believe our bodies can react differently..but I am going to love the dd with potatoes only...I had been thinking..wow , even if I only lose 3 or 4 pounds a month..at least this way works for me...then to see over 8 lbs gone in less than a month..I was elated...I will have to weigh early next time cause the Dr will do it..can't wait to see the reaction if I've lost about ten lbs...which will likely happen...I can say wow that little cup of yogurt for breakfast and lunch really does the trick hahaha.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah--we oughta do a "potato hack sticky" where we can tell people that they might get shaky and spike their blood sugar the first day, but to stick with it because by the second or third day they will be golden--Oh, and to eat potatoes cold!

I hate for people to try this, have a bad initial reaction and to run for the hills thinking "not for me" when with a little patience it can be such an invaluable tool!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Yeah--we oughta do a "potato hack sticky" where we can tell people that they might get shaky and spike their blood sugar the first day, but to stick with it because by the second or third day they will be golden--Oh, and to eat potatoes cold!

I hate for people to try this, have a bad initial reaction and to run for the hills thinking "not for me" when with a little patience it can be such an invaluable tool!
I agree! Cold taters may be just the thing for the folks with bs issues. Also, I am starting on Sun and really looking forward to this. It would be great if we could make a chart that shows how Su, Pooti, Kristin & you have done with your tater hack to add to the stickie. Since you four did the multiple day hack, it is much more revealling than those who did just DD or intermittent days. Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I agree! Cold taters may be just the thing for the folks with bs issues. Also, I am starting on Sun and really looking forward to this. It would be great if we could make a chart that shows how Su, Pooti, Kristin & you have done with your tater hack to add to the stickie. Since you four did the multiple day hack, it is much more revealling than those who did just DD or intermittent days. Just a thought.
I think everyone's an individual experiment. I ate mine cold and I still had some low blood sugar reaction (although it might have been worse if I had eaten them hot). I didn't normalize until the third day.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I think everyone's an individual experiment. I ate mine cold and I still had some low blood sugar reaction (although it might have been worse if I had eaten them hot). I didn't normalize until the third day.
Well, I spent a couple hours trying to catch up on this thread, and of course the answer to my question was on the last page! Should have checked here first!!!

Okay, I'm one who "ran for the hills" after the first day. But, I sincerely felt *terrible*. Not just slightly shaky. I had bought a 5-lb bag of potatoes, and ended up taking the rest to my neighbor's house a day or two later, because I felt like crying/throwing up every time I looked at them.

Did anyone who had a very strong reaction stick with it? I don't mean just blood glucose spikes, I mean physically feeling very weak & sick as well as upset/irritable?

I guess if I were to try it again, I would start with eating small servings every couple of hours, to see if that would keep me from getting too hungry and my bg getting too low. The one time I tried it, I went out to do errands and 4 or 5 hours passed before I was able to eat again.

Also, did I see that some people are doing potatoes during the day but eating dinner? I think that could be long-term sustainable--and affordable!!!

Thanks, y'all!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I did 6 days of the PH & even tho I wasn't impressed with the weight loss, I was impressed with the lack of hunger! I've continued to eat at least 1 potato on my DD's & that is making my DD's more stable. And, I'm continuing to lose weight! I eat either sweet potatoes, yukon gold or sometimes a baked russet. I really believe that potatoes have a place in my WOE. I agree with Ouiz, be patient at first if you can! It is a good tool!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #835

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Well, I spent a couple hours trying to catch up on this thread, and of course the answer to my question was on the last page! Should have checked here first!!!

Okay, I'm one who "ran for the hills" after the first day. But, I sincerely felt *terrible*. Not just slightly shaky. I had bought a 5-lb bag of potatoes, and ended up taking the rest to my neighbor's house a day or two later, because I felt like crying/throwing up every time I looked at them.

Did anyone who had a very strong reaction stick with it? I don't mean just blood glucose spikes, I mean physically feeling very weak & sick as well as upset/irritable?

I guess if I were to try it again, I would start with eating small servings every couple of hours, to see if that would keep me from getting too hungry and my bg getting too low. The one time I tried it, I went out to do errands and 4 or 5 hours passed before I was able to eat again.

Also, did I see that some people are doing potatoes during the day but eating dinner? I think that could be long-term sustainable--and affordable!!!

Thanks, y'all!
I did not stick with it. I was grumpy and hungry the day that I did it, and it just wasn't worth it to me to give it a second chance. I'm usually pretty good natured, so I don't know if there was a glucose issue with me (not normally a problem) or if it was because of some other health stuff I'm dealing with.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I did the hack for 5 days. I felt ok and lost 6.8 pounds. Of course I have been busy gaining it back! I think I will have better luck with keeping weight off in January. I would love to see a summary of how others who did the hack for multiple days did.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
This is my 2nd day and I am up 1 pound, but I am retaining a little fluid. ( I can tell in my fingers). I am aiming for 4-5 days.

The amazing thing for me is I have almost no appetite. Normally my DD is around 700-800 calories and I am starving. Today I have eaten maybe 450 calories and I am fine, not a bit snacky.

I'm interested in seeing what tomorrow brings.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy to say that thanks to potatoes, I have dropped a pant size and am fitting into jackets that were at the back of the closet. Haven't weighed in a couple of weeks because I need to replace my scale battery, but the pants don't lie.

Lately I have been eating potatoes only during the day and then a nice dinner at night with DH. Another benefit of the tater hack is that my appetite for dinner is significantly diminished. I enjoy my food, but I no longer want seconds or thirds, which is amazing! I also continue to notice a diminished wish for sweets--and when I do have sweets (generally the lowcarb, homemade variety) they often taste way tooo sweet, and just aren't that satisfying.

I think as time goes by, I am noticing a weird kind of "normalizing" of my eating habits and appetite. I think maybe this is how normal people are? I have never ever been normal in any remote way in my eating in my life. Never. Ever.

I will keep this going for myself. The changes over time (and I emphasize that time is the important variable) are so amazing to me.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Happy to say that thanks to potatoes, I have dropped a pant size and am fitting into jackets that were at the back of the closet. Haven't weighed in a couple of weeks because I need to replace my scale battery, but the pants don't lie.

Lately I have been eating potatoes only during the day and then a nice dinner at night with DH. Another benefit of the tater hack is that my appetite for dinner is significantly diminished. I enjoy my food, but I no longer want seconds or thirds, which is amazing! I also continue to notice a diminished wish for sweets--and when I do have sweets (generally the lowcarb, homemade variety) they often taste way tooo sweet, and just aren't that satisfying.

I think as time goes by, I am noticing a weird kind of "normalizing" of my eating habits and appetite. I think maybe this is how normal people are? I have never ever been normal in any remote way in my eating in my life. Never. Ever.

I will keep this going for myself. The changes over time (and I emphasize that time is the important variable) are so amazing to me.
Ouizoid- I am so thrilled for you. I think I will have to give this a try. I completely understand when you talk about normal people. I have never felt normal regarding appetite and food. Like you, not even remotely!! I would love to understand the mechanics of how this works, but I don't get it. I have read through all the threads about it.
It is just very exciting and to find a normalizing of eating habits and appetite is like a miracle. Doing the happy dance for the new slimmer you!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #840

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Ouiz, this is fantastic to hear. I have only done the PDDs, not any consecutive days, and I didn't see any losses, but I was completely and totally satisfied. I'm thinking of doing a true hack after the holidays are over and hopefully can have a really good jump start to the year's losses.
Closed Thread